Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:45:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Health and Religion  (Read 210818 times)
qwik2learn

Activity: 636
Merit: 505

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:34:35 AM

One more time, if you believe, hear or see something that other people don't see or hear, you are losing your mind.

Not true. Such voices can be temporarily induced by technology as was shown with the invasive billboard in New York City. Furthermore, all humans have an inner voice that is perceived mentally.
manbitcoinlover

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 01:53:08 AM

One more time, if you believe, hear or see something that other people don't see or hear, you are losing your mind.

Not true. Such voices can be temporarily induced by technology as was shown with the invasive billboard in New York City. Furthermore, all humans have an inner voice that is perceived mentally.
Yeah but that is a rare case. What he meant was following your intuition where you may use your senses such as hearing, tasting or feeling something that other people cannot, even if they are present with you in the same room. Some native tribes believe that people who are yelling and are a schizophrenic might believe they are talking to spirits, of course that cannot be proven and most likely is not true.

Looking for Signature Campaign, PM ME!
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:50:47 AM

I had to look this one up as I did not initially understand the reference.

Found a video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUs3nfLeEj8

A billboard that whispers disturbing things only you can hear as you walk down the street. Have to say I am not a fan.

qwik2learn

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:53:45 AM

Some cases of spirit contact can be proven, these beings are actually known to exist; the cosmonauts encountered a group of extraterrestrial etherians, called "hosts". Af newbie says that religious devotion and contact with divine beings is always a case of mental defect or insanity. Fortunately there is much evidence showing otherwise, I hope that readers will follow up on the sources I gave and wake up to what is going on.
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:20:56 PM

There is only one possible answer to the prayers and it's MAYBE. The same result you'd get as praying to a car or any other object.

Wrong! The answer to prayers is always, God knows best, and answers all prayers in the best way.

Cool

so it's still a maybe, if the best "way" for you is not to listen to your prayer and you're not aware of his thought, the answer is maybe.

Maybe what? There are maybe's all over the place in life. One of the places that ISN'T a maybe is that God answers prayer in the best way. Like you think that we know what is best, better than the Guy Who controls everything through cause and effect, and MAYBE a million other ways, as well?

Come on, man. God is on your side. Quit fighting Him.

Cool
Show me one person whom prayers have helped to beat cancer. No such people. If the doctors helped, they say that God heard the prayers, if the doctors don't help, then say what is bad prayed. This is nonsense!

All people who knew they had cancer and beat it, did so through prayer. Some of the people knew they were praying. Others didn't.

Cool

WTF? Now this is just mindless rubbish. That is like saying all those Altar boys who were raped by the priest of their church didn't ask for it.... but in reality they did.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:00:31 PM

There is only one possible answer to the prayers and it's MAYBE. The same result you'd get as praying to a car or any other object.

Wrong! The answer to prayers is always, God knows best, and answers all prayers in the best way.

Cool

so it's still a maybe, if the best "way" for you is not to listen to your prayer and you're not aware of his thought, the answer is maybe.

Maybe what? There are maybe's all over the place in life. One of the places that ISN'T a maybe is that God answers prayer in the best way. Like you think that we know what is best, better than the Guy Who controls everything through cause and effect, and MAYBE a million other ways, as well?

Cool
Show me one person whom prayers have helped to beat cancer. No such people. If the doctors helped, they say that God heard the prayers, if the doctors don't help, then say what is bad prayed. This is nonsense!

All people who knew they had cancer and beat it, did so through prayer. Some of the people knew they were praying. Others didn't.

Cool

WTF? Now this is just mindless rubbish. That is like saying all those Altar boys who were raped by the priest of their church didn't ask for it.... but in reality they did.

You only look at the surface of things. People have been hurting people all over the world almost since time began.
People who hurt others for no reason will lose some of their glory in Heaven if they are saved. But if they are damned, they will have extra pain in Hell.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 08:22:38 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

You only look at the surface of things. People have been hurting people all over the world almost since time began.
People who hurt others for no reason will lose some of their glory in Heaven if they are saved. But if they are damned, they will have extra pain in Hell.

Cool

Some glory?  So killers would go to your imaginary place in the sky?
What are you even talking about, my imaginary place in the sky? I haven't said anything about an imaginary place in the sky that I have. You gotta be at least a little nutty to imagine things that you then proclaim that I imagine.

How twisted ideology is this?  If you don't kill you'll get a palace in heaven, but if you kill, and be sorry, you'll get a condo in heaven.
WTF?  Looks like the people who came up with these admission criteria wanted more people to be saved (and pay for it).
And what is this all about? My point always has been, that if you repent from unbelief in Jesus salvation to faith in it, and then repent of the things that you have done wrong, you will be saved. To repent means to change your attitude and your ways. If you don't repent about Jesus in your heart and mind, even repenting of your wicked works won't save you.

It does not matter if you killed, raped or whatever, you are still good to go, once you pay the right amount.

Indulgence my ass.

Everything in religious (it does not matter which one) ideologies is about increasing membership.

They call it missionary work, it should be called marketing and client retention department.

What in the world stupid fallacies are you marketing here (above)?

Religious mission work is similar to marketing, but it isn't marketing. Many missionaries erroneously use marketing techniques in doing mission work.

Mission work is simply informing. No skin off my rear end if you don't accept and make it to Heaven. This is a forum. We chat here.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
qwik2learn

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:22:57 AM

My reply to BADecker:
Belief that "Jesus" has "SAVED" you will definitely NOT "SAVE" you FROM ANYTHING. Jesus taught the path of goodness and life as a universal means of becoming one with the Father, he did not ever say "all will be forgiven by/through me, Jesus"; he cannot absolve you of your KARMA just because you believe that he can; that is a stark example of magical thinking. In fact, Jesus said that even those who call him Lord and cast out demons in his name are not saved if they have not done enough to save themselves through deeds. I am sorry but you will have to "SAVE" yourself if there is going to be any saving, All “SAVIORS” are by identification and definition “PHONY”. There are no “saviors” to save anything or more specifically anyone! If there is going to be any “saving” going on--you will do it for yourself. This includes your Constitution and your nation.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 01:56:41 AM

My reply to BADecker:
Belief that "Jesus" has "SAVED" you will definitely NOT "SAVE" you FROM ANYTHING. Jesus taught the path of goodness and life as a universal means of becoming one with the Father, he did not ever say "all will be forgiven by/through me, Jesus"; he cannot absolve you of your KARMA just because you believe that he can; that is a stark example of magical thinking. In fact, Jesus said that even those who call him Lord and cast out demons in his name are not saved if they have not done enough to save themselves through deeds. I am sorry but you will have to "SAVE" yourself if there is going to be any saving, All “SAVIORS” are by identification and definition “PHONY”. There are no “saviors” to save anything or more specifically anyone! If there is going to be any “saving” going on--you will do it for yourself. This includes your Constitution and your nation.

The simplest proof that nobody can save himself is found in the fact that nobody can grow an arm back when he has lost it. So, how is anyone going to save himself when he is dead?

The New Testament is full of all kinds of places where Jesus salvation is shown. A few are shown below.

John 10:11, Jesus speaking:
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 10:14,15:
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

1 John 2:1,2:
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Read the rest of the New Testament. You are so close, but being as close as you are, you are still badly mistaken.

Cool

stats

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:58:34 AM

The simplest proof that nobody can save himself is found in the fact that nobody can grow an arm back when he has lost it. So, how is anyone going to save himself when he is dead?

The New Testament is full of all kinds of places where Jesus salvation is shown. A few are shown below.

John 10:11, Jesus speaking:
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

John 10:14,15:
I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

1 John 2:1,2:
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Read the rest of the New Testament. You are so close, but being as close as you are, you are still badly mistaken.

Cool

Pretty certain I have proved that your bible is full of contradictions. Why would anyone want to believe it now?

BADecker I really think you should read "Lord of the Rings". It is a much better book with a better story line,
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:16:11 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

But.. I was always told by the local priests and other people that god loves us all and will forgive our sins. So what's the deal with that?

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 05:20:55 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

But.. I was always told by the local priests and other people that god loves us all and will forgive our sins. So what's the deal with that?

God DOES love all. That's why He gave us appropriate freedom.

Who should God let live if there is war between people and God? God can't be destroyed. Yet, in the war, God, in the form of Jesus, DID die.

If people will not accept the way that God gave them to "overcome" Him - the death of Jesus - there is nothing else for these people. What else can God do? He essentially gave Himself up to death in the person of the God-man, Jesus. Other than that, you can't kill or destroy God. You will only succeed in destroying yourself if you won't accept.

How much greater love can there be? When people reject the love, there simply isn't anything else than their destruction.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:54:26 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Who should God let live if there is war between people and God? God can't be destroyed. Yet, in the war, God, in the form of Jesus, DID die.

If people will not accept the way that God gave them to "overcome" Him - the death of Jesus - there is nothing else for these people. What else can God do? He essentially gave Himself up to death in the person of the God-man, Jesus. Other than that, you can't kill or destroy God. You will only succeed in destroying yourself if you won't accept.

How much greater love can there be? When people reject the love, there simply isn't anything else than their destruction.

Cool

Even little kids who die from cancer?  Why is God killing them?

What? Now you are calling the Creator of all things, cancer? Don't you have any joy in life at all?

Cool

CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:08:12 PM

Intervention Theory: Did a Higher Power Defeat the Nazis?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1624708.msg17215553#msg17215553

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:33:32 PM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Even little kids who die from cancer?  Why is God killing them?

What? Now you are calling the Creator of all things, cancer? Don't you have any joy in life at all?

Cool

Little kids die from cancer that God gave it to them thus killing them.  God aka "Creator of all things" is a killer of little kids.

Why?  What is your church say about cancer?

Or that is devil's work?  God is just reaping rewards by getting little kids to heaven pronto....

Why did he create them in the first place?  To take their lives so early?  Is he a psychopath?  Does he enjoy killing people?

The medical has shown us way back in the early 1900s that cancer is trophoblast run amuck, due to general poor health. It has to do with mankind accepting the devil's evil proposition, and destroying perfection thereby.

Since you aren't even interested in God, you will never understand the depth of love that He has given us, simply in the way that He gave us the universe, and made us in His image.

He is offering you and everyone salvation from the universe that mankind corrupted. Take it or leave it.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 03:37:02 AM

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Cool

Even little kids who die from cancer?  Why is God killing them?

Cool

Little kids die from cancer that God gave it to them thus killing them.  God aka "Creator of all things" is a killer of little kids.

Why?  What is your church say about cancer?

Or that is devil's work?  God is just reaping rewards by getting little kids to heaven pronto....

Why did he create them in the first place?  To take their lives so early?  Is he a psychopath?  Does he enjoy killing people?

The medical has shown us way back in the early 1900s that cancer is trophoblast run amuck, due to general poor health. It has to do with mankind accepting the devil's evil proposition, and destroying perfection thereby.

Since you aren't even interested in God, you will never understand the depth of love that He has given us, simply in the way that He gave us the universe, and made us in His image.

He is offering you and everyone salvation from the universe that mankind corrupted. Take it or leave it.

Cool

BADecker,

I understand your position perfectly.  You got yourself deep into this cult and you will always try to explain and justify obvious holes in your religious storyline.

So cancer is people's fault. Nice. I get it.  It cannot be God because God is perfect and good (yeah right)

But little kids, c'mon man.  What sins did a 3 month old child do who died of cancer? Where are your Christian morals.  To kill children with cancer is not right, man.

Next time you pray, say three times "Hey God, af_newbie said you go fuck yourself, you motherfucker!"

Poor baby. You understand perfectly what I am saying. Yet you set yourself up against the Great God of all. Well, your choice. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Cool

stats

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:50:34 AM

BADecker,

I understand your position perfectly.  You got yourself deep into this cult and you will always try to explain and justify obvious holes in your religious storyline.

So cancer is people's fault. Nice. I get it.  It cannot be God because God is perfect and good (yeah right)

But little kids, c'mon man.  What sins did a 3 month old child do who died of cancer? Where are your Christian morals.  To kill children with cancer is not right, man.

Next time you pray, say three times "Hey God, af_newbie said you go fuck yourself, you motherfucker!"

You have my vote for Best comment in the "Fuck You" to Badecker's god!

Brilliant!
stats

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 07:52:08 AM

Poor baby. You understand perfectly what I am saying. Yet you set yourself up against the Great God of all. Well, your choice. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Cool

And yet you cannot defend Your God against the truth. How very ironic!
CoinCube (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 09:39:41 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2016, 09:49:57 AM by CoinCube

BADecker,

You have my vote for Best comment in the "Fuck You" to Badecker's god!

Brilliant!

So much anger and rage.  Sad

The question of why innocents suffer is a hard one.

There is indisputably tremendous suffering in the world. Most of it is created by Man in our inhumanity to each other and our moral failings. Some, however, comes from random disasters such as tornadoes or an unlucky cancer.

In providing us with Ethical Monotheism God has given us the tools we need to build a better and more advanced society. This limits the evils of Man against Man. It also enables us, as we progress, to better mitigate random suffering such as that caused by natural disasters. Someday we will be able to cure or better yet prevent cancer. In some cases we have already made great progress. Childhood Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (ALL) had a 10% survival rate in the 1960s today that survival rate is around 90%.

See: Religion and Progress for details on how Ethical Monotheism drives progress.

Why does God not simply impose his will on us and remove all evil from the world? Because if God or any other power did this we would no longer be free but the slaves of that power. We have been given free will to choose good over evil. If we all choose good then the random sufferings of natural disasters and even cancer will take care of themselves gradually vanishing with time and progress.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 12:00:34 PM

Cool

And yet you cannot defend Your God against the truth. How very ironic!

God is truth. He doesn't want or need any defense against Himself. Too bad you are so full of falsehood. He is letting your evil, the evil of this world, go on for a time. But at the right time, He will put an end to it.

God will even stop you from being evil. This will happen at your death. But you can reduce your evil before death, simply by acknowledging what you know in your heart already... that God exists, and has sent His Son, Jesus, to be your Savior.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: