Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:12:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships  (Read 238874 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 05:01:34 PM

What do ASIC hardware vendors and politicians have in common?

Well, certainly not fans.

Umm I believe the one thing ASIC hardware vendors do have is fans...

That's the point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 05:03:56 PM

Interesting thing: as we can see in profile, BitSyncom is monitoring forum and this thread, but keeping silence... Just impolitely...
BitSyncom, we are not a trolls, we just customers, who need shipping related info...
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:05:06 PM

i haven't received a tracking number, too  Undecided
perhaps all this is an advertising trick?
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

They are not accepting new orders, so that doesn't make much sense.
Tinua

Activity: 871

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:24:49 PM

@ BitSyncom
Since you have time to answer all the really nice questions above;
Maybe you have also the time to answer this?
-How many units have you ship so far
-and how much is the expected daily capacity before the CNY?

Or is it a trade secret?
Thanks for your time.

around 12 a day currently, so total about 40, however I am seriously unsure how many actually made it outside of the country, I'll be giving Jeffs tracking number soon as I get it, during business hours I call the people handling the shipping every 2 hours or so for updates.

We are seriously bottle necked by Customs at the moment ( due to upcoming CNY as well ) and are looking for more routes, it isn't really a trade secret as this is honestly beyond our control at this point. God, I hate sounding like BFL.

Hello BitSyncom

Currently you should send us about 72+ Avalons.
Are there any reasons why:
- No one has been received the tracking/shipping numbers yet ?
- No one has been "shipped" status on their order account ?

Could you please announce the order numbers that you have already shipped at least on every evening?
So we could know the units are on the way and whether it will have chance to be sent out before the CNY.
Please feel free to announce this information through this forum or over your Avalon-website.

I very much appreciate your respond, thank you!
Tinua
tripper22

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:53:38 PM

@ BitSyncom
Since you have time to answer all the really nice questions above;
Maybe you have also the time to answer this?
-How many units have you ship so far
-and how much is the expected daily capacity before the CNY?

Or is it a trade secret?
Thanks for your time.

around 12 a day currently, so total about 40, however I am seriously unsure how many actually made it outside of the country, I'll be giving Jeffs tracking number soon as I get it, during business hours I call the people handling the shipping every 2 hours or so for updates.

We are seriously bottle necked by Customs at the moment ( due to upcoming CNY as well ) and are looking for more routes, it isn't really a trade secret as this is honestly beyond our control at this point. God, I hate sounding like BFL.

Hello BitSyncom

Currently you should send us about 72+ Avalons.
Are there any reasons why:
- No one has been received the tracking/shipping numbers yet ?
- No one has been "shipped" status on their order account ?

Could you please announce the order numbers that you have already shipped at least on every evening?
So we could know the units are on the way and whether it will have chance to be sent out before the CNY.
Please feel free to announce this information through this forum or over your Avalon-website.

I very much appreciate your respond, thank you!
Tinua

BitSyncom said that he would create a form allowing customers like me to select DHL or EMS. He hasn't done that yet, so I seriously doubt any units have shipped. I know that certain customers have a problem with DHL or EMS in there countries, so they would need to make a choice between the two. The option to choose is still not available to paid customers. Yifu, can you give us some information please?
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 07:55:16 PM

It's US Customs that holds packages coming from China.. and DHL would provide tracking information when it's shipped.. so you would see on tracking info that the item is being held in US customs.  The shipper is the one who gets the tracking info at the time of shipping, anyone who has shipped anything knows this.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/en/express/tracking/tracking_faq.html

At one point they were talking about getting a company in HK to handle the customs issues.  They need the export paperwork for China to be in order as well as the import paperwork for the destination countries.  It's possible that the units are with a customs broker at the moment and not with DHL, in which case they would have a reference number but not a number which is useful for tracking.  

Avalon only started posting about customs issues relatively recently which suggests that they haven't had a broker working on export licence issues all along (which is understandable given that they're a tiny outfit shipping small quantities).  China could chuck a hissy fit and decide that they won't allow the technology to be exported.  Customs processing will likely start slowing down around about now too.

It's definitely reasonable to expect an update from Avalon this weekend, even if that's only scanning in a redacted copy of the paperwork they have for the shipments.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 08:24:02 PM

To someone that knows it, is it normal for a parcel shipped with a 100$ DHL service or so to take 2 weeks to reach the old continent from China?

Can't get a clue over it.

It's not.

I have ordered things from Asia shipped to me in the US by DHL Express a few times now.  It's always quite fast.  That's why DHL is so desirable for intl shipments.

I usually have a tracking number within 24 hours of ordering, and the shipment is usually in my hands about 3 business days later.

I too would like to hear something from Team Avalon.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
edimode

Activity: 486
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 08:34:17 PM

The option to choose is still not available to paid customers
support.avalon-asic.com -> create ticket -> input order id and payment id -> select Shipping Method of Choice

...But status is still "being processed" Sad
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 08:41:11 PM

This is starting to smell very, very fishy.

So now... what could be up and what seems most likely.

1 - They have shipped, but despite several days, do not have tracking numbers to give anyone.

2 - They have not shipped, and only said they had to placate the stream of naysayers who would've emerged had they came forward with a delay.

3 - They have shipped, but for some reason, are refusing to provide even the most basic information.  (tracking numbers, pictures, videos, etc....)

None of these seem likely...

However, let's start thinking like someone who trusts no one and sees scams in the clouds, bushes, and alphabet soup.

4 - Avalon has shipped boxes with bricks in them.  They are tracking the packages and are waiting until they are near their destination.  Despite what they've said about Batch #2 being open only after the first reviews, they make an announcement that in the interest of time, they are opening up Batch #2 orders, which quickly sells out, even though they've increased the number available to 2,000.  The first packages arrive, are found to be bricks and we never hear from Avalon again.

#1 and #3 seem unlikely.  #2 seems likely to me.  #4 seems highly unlikely, but not impossible, so for those of you looking to jump on Batch #2, be careful.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:09:12 PM

2 - They have not shipped, and only said they had to placate the stream of naysayers who would've emerged had they came forward with a delay.

This is my guess as well. I'm thinking they had a small delay...small enough where buying an extra week or two to get this sorted would be enough. But with BFL coming up shortly (theoretically), quoting a delay wouldn't bode well. It would be better to pretend to ship, go silent, and then *poof* appear with some tracking numbers and blame it on customs.

However, let's start thinking like someone who trusts no one and sees scams in the clouds, bushes, and alphabet soup.

No my friend, we cannot do such a thing! Thought is what separates us from them. Once you get a feel for how ignorant and paranoid you can be here, you'll never want to go back.

mightycount

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:11:04 PM

Tick-tock, tick-tock... Can someone create a 2-week tick-down clock? That's how much time is left before the CNY.

The silence from Avalon is most intriguing...

Personal Bitcoin Black List - Companies and people to avoid!
````` Butterfly Labs...MtGox...ragingazn628...(reserved)...  `````
BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:18:08 PM

Silence is not a good thing .... If i would be an investor i would rather have a delay called out (because of whatever reason -> unfitting shoes). Reminds me of another leading SHA Chip manufacturer.

Had high hopes in Avalon.... Considering ikarus and lancelot?

Pardo

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

I think you're right.
2- Here's my guess:
They did not have a finished product by Jan 20th. They pushed a delay, and I believe that in some time they will have the ASIC mining units ready (maybe they are already). But by announcing on Jan 20th they shipped the Bitcoin’s First Consumer ASICs according to their schedule, they captured the bitcoin world's attention and now have the upper hand on the 2nd batch and later sales (which they had not planned in the first place). Still they did not release any valuable information. And we should remember they had originally planned to ship on March. Maybe March is still the target.
Let's give it a thought. They did have the time to update the countdown on their website, to announce we should all prepare for a second batch coming, BitSynCom answered several posts on this thread. The guy's online all the time! Even a new web page is being designed to preorder the 2nd batch units... now about the product, still nothing solid. BitSynCom: "You're all trolls and you'll always ask for more!!" Come on! Really smart.
Oh wait, he posted 2 pictures. OK. He said that they modified the design in the last minute and took two fans out from its hardware because its cooling system was doing its job too well.. the picture BitSynCom posted has 3 fans, so it seems to me he did not post a picture of the final product which should have only 1 (Down from 5!! to 3 does not seem reasonable).
What about the software? Nothing. Shipping method? No clue. They announced Jeff was receiving the first unit. Did he get any tracking number or was contacted in any way? Nope. It's now the 25th. Do you really think they shipped 5 days ago and still did not contact the person who will be receiving the first unit? Nothingham.
Difficulties with customs and Chinese New Year celebrations would then be the perfect excuses for a late delivery. They'd ship the products in early February or at least March, they'd still have several customers in their pockets with their preorders even if BFL started shipping their units on Feb 10th as promised.
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 09:33:44 PM

Patience. CNY creates a bottleneck for customs weeks before, not just during.

Oh wait, I mean, "seems fishy"... They probably [insert wild speculation here]!

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:12:57 PM

To someone that knows it, is it normal for a parcel shipped with a 100$ DHL service or so to take 2 weeks to reach the old continent from China?
Actually it takes 4 days max.

I had some semiconductor parts assembled in Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China on a Tuesday (no it's not an ASIC),
some psychopath in a white van picks it up, drives it to HK, drops it off at the DHL depot and on
Friday it's in Brussels

That is a 3 kg express package, with all the right paperwork like certificate of origin and invoice of course, no customs problems

I don't know from where in China Avalon ships, so you might want to add one or two extra days
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:14:52 PM

Their $100 service for a package that looks like it might weigh 30+lbs might be lower than the same $100 for a 3kg package. Smiley
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2013, 10:16:32 PM

Actually it takes 4 days max.

I had some semiconductor parts assembled in Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong, China on a Tuesday (no it's not an ASIC),
some psychopath in a white van picks it up, drives it to HK, drops it off at the DHL depot and on
Friday it's in Brussels

That is a 3 kg express package, with all the right paperwork like certificate of origin and invoice of course, no customs problems

I don't know from where in China Avalon ships, so you might want to add one or two extra days

Damn..you just provided more proof then we wanted from Avalon themselves... Shocked

COINDER
COINDER
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:29:56 PM

Their $100 service for a package that looks like it might weigh 30+lbs might be lower than the same $100 for a 3kg package. Smiley
It would be silly to select anything other than WPX (Worldwide Parcel Express®) just to save a few bucks, especially for the first batch of packages.

I have tracking for shipments over 400 kg that took exactly the same amount of time (but it's no longer traceable in the DHL online system as it's 3 years old). Same transit, just a bill of $8k ;-(
RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2013, 10:35:10 PM

I see the DHL track table is well prepared for a possibility when "1 Pieces" parcel becomes "N Pieces" at some point... Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: