Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:27:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Batch #1 Ships  (Read 238874 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:18:57 PM

I was hoping for an updated defcon graphic  Grin
I don't raise or lower those values easily. They need substance to be raised or lowered Wink.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MonsterZero

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:19:10 PM

Why does everything have to be so darn odd? Does avalon like the attention and drama?

Complete opposite, We did some time tables and realized our greatest time waster was us smashing trolls and "convincing" potential buyers in a market where demand far exceed supply. Frankly speaking at this point we are not even going to deal with slander and other false comments.

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it."

Write simply: you may think whatever you do, we took your money and we just don't care

Written correctly: you may think whatever you do, you gave us your money and we just don't care.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:20:54 PM

Why does everything have to be so darn odd? Does avalon like the attention and drama?

Complete opposite, We did some time tables and realized our greatest time waster was us smashing trolls and "convincing" potential buyers in a market where demand far exceed supply. Frankly speaking at this point we are not even going to deal with slander and other false comments.

"Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it."

So instead of demonstrating a product you will just feed on the greed of bitcoin users to take your words as truth with no evidence and make
enough sales anyway? That is how you guys roll?

Confucius says, “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”
pent

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:23:26 PM

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:27:58 PM

The absolute easiest thing for you to do.... supply Jeff with a tracking number. Don't even take time to reply to this or any other posts, just do that one thing.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
BitSyncom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:28:54 PM

Confucius says, “Never impose on others what you would not choose for yourself.”

then answer this,

"How was this any different than batch #1 of Avalon?"

I'm not imposing anything. A demonstration will come by a customer very soon, if you wish to wait until then, go ahead; but you then run into the risk of not making into batch #2, and where if I don't open orders now, I run into the issue not able to order parts before CNY, which has a pretty long lead time.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.

This has nothing to do with pride.

SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:29:58 PM

See you've already wasted more than the time it would have taken by replying just now. (Send it now)

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
MonsterZero

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:30:10 PM

So instead of demonstrating a product you will just feed on the greed of bitcoin users to take your words as truth with no evidence and make
enough sales anyway? That is how you guys roll?

Doesn't mean the individual members of Avalon would have bought from themselves if the situation were reversed.  Nothing was imposed on any of their customers.

You're in a business selling a product when a competitor announces something new which will destroy yours.  You don't have the funds to finance the R&D yourself or you don't want to risk them and you're to small and/or unorganized to get outside funding (no documented margins,  no prototype).  Add on top of that a greedy community (we're all talking about currency here) I think they made the most logical decision, the purchasers don't even have that much recourse if things go south.  Look at bASIC, people who paid with bitcoins are/were completely dependant on the honorable nature of Tom to return BTC purchases unless someone wants to test it all in the court system (not likely to be profitable).
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:31:49 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2013, 09:47:09 PM by cedivad

I'm not imposing anything. A demonstration will come by a customer very soon, if you wish to wait until then, go ahead; but you then you run into the risk of not making into batch #2, and where if I don't open orders now, I run into the issue not able to order parts before CNY, which has a pretty long lead time.

You should disclose everything you have if you want to take orders for batch #2 before having AT LEAST ONE third party verifying your hardware. We want and DESERVE the right to have videos and more pics of the internal components.
There is NO REASON in the world not to disclose this if you are NOT running a scam. And no, i'm not trolling.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ilovethebtc

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:42:04 PM

I'm not imposing anything. A demonstration will come by a customer very soon, if you wish to wait until then, go ahead; but you then run into the risk of not making into batch #2, and where if I don't open orders now, I run into the issue not able to order parts before CNY, which has a pretty long lead time.

Something smells fishy.
Evan

Activity: 507

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:50:44 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2013, 10:25:27 PM by Evan

Looking to Buy an AVALON ASIC

Cash/BTC

Let me know. I want to be running by March 1.

Paying $1500 for units.

I am poor, but i do work for Coin Smiley
1PtHcavXoakgNkQfEQdvnvEksEY2NvwaLM
beekeeper

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

LTC

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

Looking to Buy an AVALON ASCI

Cash/BTC

Let me know. I want to be running by March 1.

ASIC..

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:53:05 PM

Something smells fishy.
Sounds pretty logical to me. They need to pre-buy parts for batch 2. CNY is coming so they need to put the orders in before it starts. Like BFL they get bigger discounts when buying in bulk, so I don't see the fishy part.

Though, I would be one of the folks who waits for the review.

Of course like he said...those who wait lose the opportunity. I am pretty sure they will sell out in less than an hour like last time.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:58:12 PM

Something smells fishy.
Sounds pretty logical to me. They need to pre-buy parts for batch 2. CNY is coming so they need to put the orders in before it starts. Like BFL they get bigger discounts when buying in bulk, so I don't see the fishy part.

Though, I would be one of the folks who waits for the review.

Of course like he said...those who wait lose the opportunity. I am pretty sure they will sell out in less than an hour like last time.

All of this is nonsense.

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
MonsterZero

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 09:59:40 PM

Could someone clarify why placing an order before a holiday would change anything at all?  Obviously they're not producing anything during the holiday... if it's a foreign company producing then they don't care about the holiday for taking orders.  I fail to see how the holiday has anything to do with placing an order.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:01:37 PM

Could someone clarify why placing an order before a holiday would change anything at all?  Obviously they're not producing anything during the holiday... if it's a foreign company producing then they don't care about the holiday for taking orders.  I fail to see how the holiday has anything to do with placing an order.
Wanted to say the same, i suppose that it's a way to scam you better.

Seriously, how could one not troll this thread? Please bitsynchguy, provide proof to shut me up!

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:46:22 PM

we have cleaned the market of some certain parts like resistors and capacitors.

For ASIC boards that can't possibly need any great number of resistors or capacitors you have 'cleaned the market' out of commodity items?

Unless you have stockpiled enough parts to build millions of these things what you state doesn't appear possible.

elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:46:46 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avalon#See_also

• Atlantis
  • El Dorado
  • Hyperborea
  • Shambhala
  • Shangri-La
  • Tír na nÓg

Tongue
michaelmclees

Activity: 633

View Profile
January 28, 2013, 10:50:15 PM

I predicted this possibility 3 days ago.

I have to reiterate....

This is starting to smell very, very fishy.

So now... what could be up and what seems most likely.

1 - They have shipped, but despite several days, do not have tracking numbers to give anyone.

2 - They have not shipped, and only said they had to placate the stream of naysayers who would've emerged had they came forward with a delay.

3 - They have shipped, but for some reason, are refusing to provide even the most basic information.  (tracking numbers, pictures, videos, etc....)

None of these seem likely...

However, let's start thinking like someone who trusts no one and sees scams in the clouds, bushes, and alphabet soup.

4 - Avalon has shipped boxes with bricks in them.  They are tracking the packages and are waiting until they are near their destination.  Despite what they've said about Batch #2 being open only after the first reviews, they make an announcement that in the interest of time, they are opening up Batch #2 orders, which quickly sells out, even though they've increased the number available to 2,000.  The first packages arrive, are found to be bricks and we never hear from Avalon again.

#1 and #3 seem unlikely.  #2 seems likely to me.  #4 seems highly unlikely, but not impossible, so for those of you looking to jump on Batch #2, be careful.
rchapoteau

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2013, 10:55:32 PM

Possibility #5, Chinese customs are holding the devices.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: