Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:46:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473068 times)
WildShark

Activity: 1344
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 07:12:43 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 07:51:16 PM by WildShark

so korvas is telling lies then and whales do get information the public doesnt get about the ionomy vision?

Me telling lies is something you need to decide for yourself Grin

well one of you is telling lies. wildshark says whales get inside info you say whales dont. cant be both.

you shouldnt be telling lies because you acuse others of doing it and that would be hypocritical wouldnt it?

so from that i infer that you are incluned to agree wildshark is a liar? is this correct?

Korvas continually contradicts himself. Here's just one example from only a few days ago where he talks about getting information early. His post history has many others, but to be honest I can't be bothered to trawl through it.

And yes I do have a superior knowledge of the situation but

A) If it's not announced by IONOMY it's not for me to say

B) Sharing information if it's not already known to slack users would for various reasons be just plain stupid

by that quote korvas admits ge has info slack doesnt which would be from whale status. there is potential insider trading happening. another red flag.

this is a lie from korvas which means without justification he has no right to acuse others of lies and try to take the moral high ground. thanks altheshort

I agree. To me it doesn't matter if it is legally defined (as yet) as potential insider trading, which is what Sharky appears to be hung up on. In essence, regardless of it's legal definition, the set up whereby they discuss advance information (about matters as significant as delays to products, as they did with Gravity) with a select group who are also the largest holders of the tokens leaves open the possibility that one of the whales may, at some point, choose to act on said information for their own financial gain and to the detriment of smaller holders. It's foolish, and the fact that the team are apparently ok with sharing information in this manner with no formal controls in place shows their naivety, in my opinion. This is crypto; it's largely unregulated. It's idiotic and shortsighted to just trust that the whales won't act out of self preservation because they said they wouldn't.  
@altheshort I have access to info prior to the public because I am a Whale and entitled to Alpha test the Ionomy products prior to release... All Founders have access to the info when they Beta testing the Ionomy product.

Thes Whale & Founder services are provided to the Ionomy Team for free!!

Whale and Founder services are free? LIE!

None of the Whales or Founders get paid. They contribute their service for free. Having your input into the platform heard and used benefits the Ionomy products..

Look, this discussion will go around in circles because none of the whales will directly address the inherently dodgy looking nature of their relationship with the team, and most people who are fully in possession of the facts about that same arrangement likely won't invest. The discussion isn't about whether you get paid, frankly I wouldn't give a shit even if they're paying you in nuggets of golden turd shat out of a goats arse, particularly since you apparently gave them advice about 'Crypto Gravity', which has a grand total of 19 players so far this week. You know exactly why it looks dodgy and has the potential to be dodgy, you're just trying to weasel out of confronting it.

Anyway, I've said my piece.

TLDR; Whales (group of most invested individuals) get exclusive access to information direct from the team in charge before lesser investors and general public, leaving 'ion' open to manipulation in a scenario with similarities to insider trading.

for this to be Insider Trading, the information needs to be related to the security that is being traded. Ionomy stock is not open to the public. Atoms are not a security: just a asset that produces Electrons daily...

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
Franz_Huber
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:28:04 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 07:59:15 AM by Franz_Huber

so korvas is telling lies then and whales do get information the public doesnt get about the ionomy vision?

well one of you is telling lies. wildshark says whales get inside info you say whales dont. cant be both.

you shouldnt be telling lies because you acuse others of doing it and that would be hypocritical wouldnt it?

so from that i infer that you are incluned to agree wildshark is a liar? is this correct?

Korvas continually contradicts himself. Here's just one example from only a few days ago where he talks about getting information early. His post history has many others, but to be honest I can't be bothered to trawl through it.

B) Sharing information if it's not already known to slack users would for various reasons be just plain stupid

by that quote korvas admits ge has info slack doesnt which would be from whale status. there is potential insider trading happening. another red flag.

this is a lie from korvas which means without justification he has no right to acuse others of lies and try to take the moral high ground. thanks altheshort

I agree. To me it doesn't matter if it is legally defined (as yet) as potential insider trading, which is what Sharky appears to be hung up on. In essence, regardless of it's legal definition, the set up whereby they discuss advance information (about matters as significant as delays to products, as they did with Gravity) with a select group who are also the largest holders of the tokens leaves open the possibility that one of the whales may, at some point, choose to act on said information for their own financial gain and to the detriment of smaller holders. It's foolish, and the fact that the team are apparently ok with sharing information in this manner with no formal controls in place shows their naivety, in my opinion. This is crypto; it's largely unregulated. It's idiotic and shortsighted to just trust that the whales won't act out of self preservation because they said they wouldn't.  
@altheshort I have access to info prior to the public because I am a Whale and entitled to Alpha test the Ionomy products prior to release... All Founders have access to the info when they Beta testing the Ionomy product.

None of the Whales or Founders get paid. They contribute their service for free. Having your input into the platform heard and used benefits the Ionomy products..

Look, this discussion will go around in circles because none of the whales will directly address the inherently dodgy looking nature of their relationship with the team, and most people who are fully in possession of the facts about that same arrangement likely won't invest. The discussion isn't about whether you get paid, frankly I wouldn't give a shit even if they're paying you in nuggets of golden turd shat out of a goats arse, particularly since you apparently gave them advice about 'Crypto Gravity', which has a grand total of 19 players so far this week. You know exactly why it looks dodgy and has the potential to be dodgy, you're just trying to weasel out of confronting it.

TLDR; Whales (group of most invested individuals) get exclusive access to information direct from the team in charge before lesser investors and general public, leaving 'ion' open to manipulation in a scenario with similarities to insider trading.

for this to be Insider Trading, the information needs to be related to the security that is being traded. Ionomy stock is not open to the public. Atoms are not a security: just a asset that produces Electrons daily...

You mean Ionomy is a premined, hyperinflating shitcoin scam with offchain tokens and PNGs for sale, just like Paycoin and Hashlets were.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
altheshort

Activity: 214
Merit: 113

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 07:30:02 PM

for this to be Insider Trading, the information needs to be related to the security that is being traded. Ionomy stock is not open to the public. Atoms are not a security, just a token that produces Electrons...

Oh, sharky. Firstly, if you read what I wrote carefully you'll notice I said 'with similarities to'. I said that because I'm fully aware that the SEC hasn't assessed atoms (to my knowledge -- perhaps you can correct me if I'm wrong) and adjudged them to be or not be a security, so I cannot say with good conscience that it is, as defined legally, insider trading. But that does not proclude the fact that the way the information you exclusively get could be used might, hypothetically, lead to you gaining benefit similar (there's that word again) to that of an inside trader.

Regardless of its (current) legal standing, I, along with presumably many others since there hasn't been an explosion in investment in the Ionomy, believe it to be a risky and foolish arrangement.
WildShark

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2017, 07:58:43 PM
Last edit: April 11, 2017, 08:13:26 PM by WildShark

for this to be Insider Trading, the information needs to be related to the security that is being traded. Ionomy stock is not open to the public. Atoms are not a security, just a token that produces Electrons...

Oh, sharky. Firstly, if you read what I wrote carefully you'll notice I said 'with similarities to'. I said that because I'm fully aware that the SEC hasn't assessed atoms (to my knowledge -- perhaps you can correct me if I'm wrong) and adjudged them to be or not be a security, so I cannot say with good conscience that it is, as defined legally, insider trading. But that does not proclude the fact that the way the information you exclusively get could be used might, hypothetically, lead to you gaining benefit similar (there's that word again) to that of an inside trader.

Regardless of its (current) legal standing, I, along with presumably many others since there hasn't been an explosion in investment in the Ionomy, believe it to be a risky and foolish arrangement.

another legal point is Atoms are not being traded.. they are auctioned... The Whales or Founders have no impact in the transaction and I don't recall any discussion on Atoms when in the private rooms on slack..

"Wild onION" Visit the depot using the following invitation @ http://invite.wildsdepot.com
ION Master Node[10K IONs] + ION Smart Node[500 Atoms] + All ION Staking Wallets = 18 IONs Block Reward for WILD Innovative ION Network ownership (WIN concept)
Plan Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1443633.msg50248724#msg50248724
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:15:28 PM

Lay off the bottle a bit. Please quote where I insinuated that you got paid as a whale. I dare you. If they paid you to be a whale, they're worse off than what I thought.

What I was saying is that being a whale or Founder isn't free. You must possess  a healthy amount of atoms which cost real world money.

You are soooooooooooo far off from correctly addressing any point made in this thread. I know you think it's funny as you think you're trolling. But the fact in the matter is that you look foolish, and since you're a whale, make ION and Ionomy look foolish. And they can look foolish enough on their own, they don't need more help from you.

altheshort

View Profile
April 11, 2017, 10:15:50 PM

another legal point is Atoms are not being traded.. they are auctioned... The Whales or Founders have no impact in the transaction and I don't recall any discussion on Atoms when in the private rooms on slack..

Why are you still trying to bash away at the legality angle? I'm not interested -- I've already conceded long ago and quite openly that I don't know how the SEC might categorise Atoms or the relationship between the team and the whales if they were to ever examine them.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:22:57 AM

auctioning is trading.... its just a bid process with an initial price. thats like saying i didnt sell something on ebay i auctioned it.

its not a car i call it a mode of transport..... i didnt buy my food from the supermarket i swapped green notes for food. see how dumb it sounds?
altheshort

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:21:57 AM

auctioning is trading.... its just a bid process with an initial price. thats like saying i didnt sell something on ebay i auctioned it.

its not a car i call it a mode of transport..... i didnt buy my food from the supermarket i swapped green notes for food. see how dumb it sounds?

I'm sure he's completely aware that auction is simply a different form of trading, it's just a rather hamfisted attempt to move the discussion away from the fact that regardless of it's legal status, there is still the possibility of manipulation by the whales.
korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:23:39 AM

I'm sure he's completely aware that auction is simply a different form of trading, it's just a rather hamfisted attempt to move the discussion away from the fact that regardless of it's legal status, there is still the possibility of manipulation by the whales.

Staying on track,....

Can you name a single cryptocurrency that is free from the possibility of manipulation by whales i.e. large stake holders

All cryptocurrencies are open to the possibility of this type of manipulation, if this is a red flag then why waste your time in the land of cryptocurrency.

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
altheshort

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:38:24 AM

Lay off the bottle a bit. Please quote where I insinuated that you got paid as a whale. I dare you. If they paid you to be a whale, they're worse off than what I thought.

What I was saying is that being a whale or Founder isn't free. You must possess  a healthy amount of atoms which cost real world money.

You are soooooooooooo far off from correctly addressing any point made in this thread. I know you think it's funny as you think you're trolling. But the fact in the matter is that you look foolish, and since you're a whale, make ION and Ionomy look foolish. And they can look foolish enough on their own, they don't need more help from you.

It occurs to me now that actually all 'atom' holders do essentially get paid in a rather convoluted manner by the production of 'electrons' and the increase in stake rate that using them to 'electrify' a staker gives them. At the very least, in my opinion, sharky's assertion that they definitively don't get paid is being economical with the truth.
altheshort

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:50:21 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 10:17:25 AM by altheshort

Staying on track,....

Can you name a single cryptocurrency that is free from the possibility of manipulation by whales i.e. large stake holders

All cryptocurrencies are open to the possibility of this type of manipulation, if this is a red flag then why waste your time in the land of cryptocurrency.

In all honestly, I actually agree with you to an extent there. For my part, while I find the idea of investing in crypto mostly too high risk for my own tastes, I do find blockchain tech fascinating; on the other side of things I also find the mania and delusion that prevails in most cryptocurrency communities really interesting and occasionally hilarious.

However, I also really dislike seeing naïve people sucked into schemes they probably don't fully understand, particularly when something is essentially so poorly planned and run that it's very clearly going to struggle to succeed or, in a lot of cases, simply an outright scam from the beginning. Of course, I fully concede that people are free to invest in what they choose. That's fine. I'm also allowed to express my opinion, and if something I write helps to fully inform someone of a situation they may have only heard one side of, I think it's worth it.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 10:01:40 AM

Staying on track,....

Are all those other whales part of the development process and get advanced information from the coin team, like the ION whales get? Let's compare apples to apples here. Stop trying to generalize it. ION whales and other coins "whales" are two completely different things. A bitcoin whale own a bunch of bitcoin, not some fund raising off chain token that gives them priveledged information about the inner workings of what is going on. Nice attempt to discredit, but it isn't gonna work.

Remember, compare apples to apples. What other coins offer off chain tokens as fund raisers that creates a class system within the coins ecosystem, the same way ION? What other coin let's you purchase a bunch of worthless tokens to get the priveledge of advanced information that the regular peons don't get? And said tokens can magically multiply your staker rate. Or is this the great ION innovation we keep hearing about?

korvas128

Activity: 1248
Merit: 583

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:55:25 PM

Staying on track,....

Are all those other whales part of the development process and get advanced information from the coin team, like the ION whales get? Let's compare apples to apples here. Stop trying to generalize it. ION whales and other coins "whales" are two completely different things. A bitcoin whale own a bunch of bitcoin, not some fund raising off chain token that gives them priveledged information about the inner workings of what is going on. Nice attempt to discredit, but it isn't gonna work.

Remember, compare apples to apples. What other coins offer off chain tokens as fund raisers that creates a class system within the coins ecosystem, the same way ION? What other coin let's you purchase a bunch of worthless tokens to get the priveledge of advanced information that the regular peons don't get? And said tokens can magically multiply your staker rate. Or is this the great ION innovation we keep hearing about?

Whales are part of the testing not development process.

You've spent almost a year trolling now. The best still being the accusation that the Ionomy team were racists when they released an all black staker skin. You were told the black skin was based on something totally different and you then accused them of doing it deliberately with the intention of trying to SET YOU UP.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This weeks shit slinging episode is ION Whales.

Take a break, go for a walk, don't forget your phone, find a bench and play some Gravity  Smiley   

Ionomy V3 for Wallets - Masternodes - Trading - Games
https://ionomy.com/en/aff/46cbe5fa1d262e23665191a7c7864072

For the few TROLLS left some inconvenient statements of FACT
https://news.ionomy.com/just-to-be-clear/
altheshort

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 02:08:27 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 04:08:57 PM by altheshort

Staying on track,....

You've spent almost a year trolling now. The best still being the accusation that the Ionomy team were racists when they released an all black staker skin. You were told the black skin was based on something totally different and you then accused them of doing it deliberately with the intention of trying to SET YOU UP.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Take a break, go for a walk, don't forget your phone, find a bench and play some Gravity  Smiley  

Let's look at this a slightly different way. The ionomy team put a lot of emphasis on being professional, 'nice people', operating in a reliable, honest way. What I can't really grasp is why, given this, they seem content to leave a giant hole in their information sharing practices that will put most serious investors off.

At the very least there should be some sort of way of locking whale assets when information is given to them exclusively to act as a control against manipulation. By implementing something like this they could demonstrate that they are serious about their claims to be an honest operator in a largely dishonest environment.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 04:25:42 PM

Staying on track,....

You've spent almost a year trolling now. The best still being the accusation that the Ionomy team were racists when they released an all black staker skin. You were told the black skin was based on something totally different and you then accused them of doing it deliberately with the intention of trying to SET YOU UP.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Take a break, go for a walk, don't forget your phone, find a bench and play some Gravity  Smiley   

And you spent almost a year shilling and lying now. When you don't like what is being said, you bring out your troll arguement.

As far as the black skin. It doesn't matter what they intended it to be, it matters how it is interpreted. I'm sorry for being offended. You can call me whatever racial shit you want and I'll take it as a compliment from now on.

Your logic is fucked up. Maybe that's part of the reason Gravity died off...the whales live in a fantasy world.

WildShark

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 04:58:43 PM

Let's look at this a slightly different way. The ionomy team put a lot of emphasis on being professional, 'nice people', operating in a reliable, honest way. What I can't really grasp is why, given this, they seem content to leave a giant hole in their information sharing practices that will put most serious investors off.

At the very least there should be some sort of way of locking whale assets when information is given to them exclusively to act as a control against manipulation. By implementing something like this they could demonstrate that they are serious about their claims to be an honest operator in a largely dishonest environment.

if I am reading this correctly, YOU WAN TO FREEZE my account when I perform Alpha or Beta Testing on an Ionomy product? to demonstrate that I am an honest operator!!!

and this applying to all the other Atom Owners when they are involved in testing Ionomy products?Huh

Founder & Members (Atom Owners) get the info prior than the public??

altheshort

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:04:36 PM

if I am reading this correctly, YOU WAN TO FREEZE my account when I perform Alpha or Beta Testing on an Ionomy product? to demonstrate that I am an honest operator!!!

and this applying to all the other Atom Owners when they are involved in testing Ionomy products?Huh

Exactly. Why not? If your truly only in it out of the goodness of your own heart, offering your services for 'free' as you so kindly pointed out, surely you'd be happy to put your money where your mouth is if you believe in the project.
WildShark

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 05:11:04 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2017, 05:31:59 PM by WildShark

Exactly. Why not? If your truly only in it out of the goodness of your own heart, offering your services for 'free' as you so kindly pointed out, surely you'd be happy to put your money where your mouth is if you believe in the project.

@altheshort Offering my service  does not include my current invest funds.. I let my services as chatting with the Trolls demonstrate that I am an honest operator...

This kind of looks like a BCT Troll plan to discourage users being involved with "testing phase of all the Ionomy product"by locking their Ionomy account...

altheshort

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:35:43 PM

@altheshort Offering my service  does not include my current invest funds.. I let my services as chatting with the Trolls demonstrate that I am an honest operator...

This kind of looks like a BCT Troll plan to discourage users being involved with "testing phase of all the Ionomy product"...

In what way is offering a constructive suggestion to solve a problem and improve the public perception of the project 'trolling'? 
CryptoBuds
Legendary

HODL

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 05:59:53 PM

This kind of looks like a BCT Troll plan to discourage users being involved with "testing phase of all the Ionomy product"by locking their Ionomy account...

YOU are an honest operator? That right there is the best joke on this thread.

Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: