Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you accept bitcoin as your salary?  (Read 183482 times)
nealvanessa990

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 07:46:50 PM

Well for current situation still not possible to accept bitcoin as my salary.I can not spend my anywhere in my country unless I can exchange to fiat currency.If near future bitcoin will accepted in our country I have no problem to accept bitcoin as my salary.thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:07:38 PM

Well for current situation still not possible to accept bitcoin as my salary.I can not spend my anywhere in my country unless I can exchange to fiat currency.If near future bitcoin will accepted in our country I have no problem to accept bitcoin as my salary.thanks

This is the common problem of majority of us that we cannot spend them directly, and that is the reason most of the people are hesitating in accepting salary in bitcoins.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:13:11 PM

This is the common problem of majority of us that we cannot spend them directly, and that is the reason most of the people are hesitating in accepting salary in bitcoins.

The main thing is that employers will not pay out 1 or 2 employees out of the 200-300 that they have. Everything they do is automated and set up in their preferred order. They will not buy up Bitcoin and pay it out as salary. That's too much of a hassle for them.
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:27:29 PM

No I would not accept the bitcoin as my salary because it does not has any extra plus points or something.
It is maybe even more bad for me in that case.
universe_

Activity: 448

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:30:54 PM

Although I love bitcoin, no I will not accept bitcoin currency as a salary because of its fluctuating nature. because it's too risky, and one more thing I was not keen to take my salary in Bitcoin. Because if I receive my salary through Bitcoin and the next day, prices fell bioticon mean what should I do ... So I would not want to take risks. Wink Wink

The opposite of what you are saying can also happen. YOu receive your pay in the morning and in the afternoon the price rallies and bitcoin up by 100. Isn't that great? And If I look at the chart, Bitcoin price is in the uptrend. Meaning your salary have more chances of getting exchanged in a higher price.

What you are saying is not guaranteed at all but that is the advantage if you are going to accept your salary as bitcoin. What if the price is going to fall at $100 if you are going to accept your salary on that day the price is $600 and it fall to $500 what do you think? And that is not a good thing but it depends on how we are going to take the risk.

When the bitcoin price is not stable, the salary will be based on the US dollar. You can get bitcoin based on its dollar price.
That is a way to solve that problem but if you are going to do that then, why will you accept bitcoin in the first place? Wouldn’t be better to accept dollars instead of bitcoins?
you are right, it is strange that some people nearly hate bitcoins but still are using it and accepting it

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
bitcoluck

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 30, 2016, 08:45:59 PM

I wont accept it because of some reasons, one of the reasons is that bitcoins price is not stable and it will ruin my salary if the price decreases
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:29:26 AM

I wont accept my salary as bitcoin just because you can lose part of your salary very quick.
Ofcourse you can also earn every month extra because of bitcoin but its a risk you have to take.
Not only bitcoin but every currency has fluctuations we cannot call these fluctuations as volatility, it will be just nonsense, and we know that if the demand of a currency increases then the price of it increases not decreases so in that case every company will like to buy bitcoin in order to pay and the price will rise higher.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:47:14 AM

Unfortunately I am technically jobless but yes Ideally I would love to earn a proper salary in bitcoin if I was working for someone else, otherwise as a self employed wannabee I want to earn bitcoin as it has many practicle uses.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Noctis Connor

Activity: 1008
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:54:11 AM

If the job is just an online part time job then I might accept it. I dont want to be going full time and risk my salary into bitcoin. I would prefer doing the exchange myself. If it is not that large then why not.
So true if the job or part time job is bitcoin related then we might accept that salary because it is bitcoin related and we can use it for crypto currencies that we can use it for trading and other activities that we can grow our bitcoins right ? as of now i am in signature campaign and im full time of it every night.
If bitcoin is your part time job it is good to received bitcoin as you salary, i do not think it is recommended to accept bitcoin in your primary source of income specially here in my country there are no stores accepting bitcoin as their mode of payment that is why it is more hassle to exchange bitcoin to fiat before to spend.
This is true like us our part time job here in forum bitcointalk is just to post and joining in signature campaign we can accept bitcoin as a payment to received bitcoin too but in office i don't really think that if office they can offer bitcoin as a payment salary depends if your boss is using bitcoins too.
chachaa

Activity: 287

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 12:36:06 PM

If the job is just an online part time job then I might accept it. I dont want to be going full time and risk my salary into bitcoin. I would prefer doing the exchange myself. If it is not that large then why not.
So true if the job or part time job is bitcoin related then we might accept that salary because it is bitcoin related and we can use it for crypto currencies that we can use it for trading and other activities that we can grow our bitcoins right ? as of now i am in signature campaign and im full time of it every night.
If bitcoin is your part time job it is good to received bitcoin as you salary, i do not think it is recommended to accept bitcoin in your primary source of income specially here in my country there are no stores accepting bitcoin as their mode of payment that is why it is more hassle to exchange bitcoin to fiat before to spend.
This is true like us our part time job here in forum bitcointalk is just to post and joining in signature campaign we can accept bitcoin as a payment to received bitcoin too but in office i don't really think that if office they can offer bitcoin as a payment salary depends if your boss is using bitcoins too.
If you receive a salary in bitcoin, for what then live? In today's world still go paper money.
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 01:28:13 PM

I wont accept my salary as bitcoin just because you can lose part of your salary very quick.
Ofcourse you can also earn every month extra because of bitcoin but its a risk you have to take.
Not only bitcoin but every currency has fluctuations we cannot call these fluctuations as volatility, it will be just nonsense, and we know that if the demand of a currency increases then the price of it increases not decreases so in that case every company will like to buy bitcoin in order to pay and the price will rise higher.
I think now the price of bitcoin is much better and it is going to increase and it is also expected that within the next few months the price will reach to more than $1000. In that condition if we get our salary in bitcoin then we will see our bitcoins doubling.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:46:38 PM

I think now the price of bitcoin is much better and it is going to increase and it is also expected that within the next few months the price will reach to more than $1000. In that condition if we get our salary in bitcoin then we will see our bitcoins doubling.

Nothing is guaranteed in bitcoins, either it will reach to the moon or can fall below our expectation level, so keeping those risks in mind I will  prefer to continue with fiat as my salary.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 02:55:58 PM

I would consider accepting bitcoin as a salary. The only problem is that all my bills have to be paid with fiat so I would have to convert. Also, I don't know of any businesses or restaurants in my area that accept bitcoin.

That is bad news dude well i guess most of us do have the same situation. So we just keep on hoping and waiting until we will be able to pay directly to bitcoin without taxes how good the world will be.

bad news? how so? it's normal that the adoption of bitcoin by merchants and employers is moving forwards very slowly. we have to deal with this as a normal thing, and not as being a problem. i am sure at some point it will change. have some patience.

Yes in future we will find many merchants who will start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment and we are moving slowly towards it and scenario will change in future for sure.
Hopefully this will happen in the soonest time.  Im worry that bitcoin may become unpopular one day and failed to the field of merchant adoption in local area.  We all know bitcoin needs internet and most local merchant don't have access to internet.  Especially in supermarket or small convinient stores.
Lets see, I suspect that if it goes mainstream payment providers will start accepting bitcoin using some kind of payment card mechanism such as a credit card, most merchants have access to such a terminal - and access to BTC via the same terminal will be a very simple way to adopt. Of course, you can also use a BTC credit card now which effectively does the currency transfer for you. I think Xapo have one.

You are partially correct but i think what xapo provides was not a credit card but a debit card instead. And i think it is much better rather than a credit card because after purchasing some items you don't have to worry about your liabilities after purchasing
mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:10:03 PM

If my company agrees to pay me 20% salary in bitcoins and remaining 80% in fiat then I would surely accept my salary in bitcoins as then I don't need to buy bitcoins, as salary earned in bitcoin can be directly saved for the future.
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 03:59:14 PM

Unfortunately I am technically jobless but yes Ideally I would love to earn a proper salary in bitcoin if I was working for someone else, otherwise as a self employed wannabee I want to earn bitcoin as it has many practicle uses.
a lot of people are actually jobless at the moment, i would definitely not accept bitcoins as my salary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
r.o.o.t

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

http://github.com/root8/fsigDecredGUI

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2016, 06:31:50 PM

Jobless as well, fortunately some bitcoins are on the way Smiley

..-- ▰▰ DECRED.ORG ▰▰ --..
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 06:32:26 PM

a lot of people are actually jobless at the moment, i would definitely not accept bitcoins as my salary

Many of them are jobless but earning bitcoins from various ways and converting them to fiat for their basic stuffs, so for those people if they get full time job in bitcoin then they won't mind in going for it.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 07:38:35 PM

of course i will accept it, bitcoin is my main currency in online world, if someone want to give me salary, i recomendation to use bitcoin than other currency
I think not a problem accepting bitcoin payments if you work online or you are already working in the section related to bitcoin, but try to think of a typical company pays employee salaries with bitcoin. I think there will be many employees would complain about it?
If the payment in bitcoin will be not much higher as here on earning online then people will complaint for that and will like to get paid in their own currency but if the time get advanced and everyone know about the features of bitcoin then they will like to get in bitcoin.
vero

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 08:16:11 PM

Nothing is guaranteed in bitcoins, either it will reach to the moon or can fall below our expectation level, so keeping those risks in mind I will  prefer to continue with fiat as my salary.
yeah i choose fiat for accept my salary, perhaps also the people who love bitcoin they would prefer to receive their pay in the form of fiat because too many risks if it receives a salary in the form of bitcoin.

Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 01, 2016, 11:11:18 PM

im jobless too at the moment though i manage to make some money by doing the cryptocurrency trading

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: