Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:16:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sadasa

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

Unpaid signature.

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 08:58:17 AM

Ready to start Slackin'?

We now have a Slack you can come join and talk to us in! The opening post has been edited at the bottom to now include the link to our slack or to sign up simply visit https://jewels-slack.herokuapp.com/ and you'll be able to join. We're still making minor tweaks but we encourage all of our users to pop in and say hello.

See you on Slack!

This is great a place for quick communication between investors and start clans and stuff. Im not going to be at my computer alot of the day but i will join when i get to it later this evening.

B2

BitDouble.io

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 09:30:37 AM

Ready to start Slackin'?

We now have a Slack you can come join and talk to us in! The opening post has been edited at the bottom to now include the link to our slack or to sign up simply visit https://jewels-slack.herokuapp.com/ and you'll be able to join. We're still making minor tweaks but we encourage all of our users to pop in and say hello.

See you on Slack!

This is great a place for quick communication between investors and start clans and stuff. Im not going to be at my computer alot of the day but i will join when i get to it later this evening.

Thanks for bumping that to remind me, I'm going to join before I head out to take the wife shopping and will have a chat when I return.
userpacman1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 10:06:39 AM

What is the name of the Slack team? I'd like to join.
rezilient

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 10:18:10 AM

It is just a few posts above https://jewels-slack.herokuapp.com/ or in the op. The more the merrier. We will build an army of conquerors, has anyone made a crypto guild yet?

You don't pay enough.
titibach

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 11:11:05 AM

If anyone has any questions or opinions that they'd like to discuss we're more then happy to oblige in an engaging dialogue. Join us over on Slack, we'd love to hear more of peoples thoughts on more controversial or highly discussed topics such as the ones freequant brought up!

this is a prime example of a team we should be backing. come and pick our brain guys see what we can all achieve, with that kind of communiuty care there will be no stopping jewels.

It was a breath of freshair within crypto seeing this project and dev.
so many different ico at them moment but none have such a real world use and userbase.
jewels will be on the moon when heroes is released with such a tiny starting marketcap.
the room for improvemnt of price is crazy.
i like gaming but i am investing to make money and i have found my x10 coin.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:02:49 PM

Thanks for all the replies JewelsProject and Pro4Never.
A few more questions and remarks for the road. I prefer asking them here so that everyone can catch up with the replies.

Gambling
Have you checked what are the regulations regarding gambling in your country?
If your country has gambling regulations, it wouldn't be a good idea to host the gambling aspect of the game on servers under your company's responsibility.
There is an easy way around though: Ethereum smart contracts. If you have the gambling process run as a smart contract on Ethereum, it's not anymore under your responsibility but that of the network at large that is to say everyone and no one, but you can still get a cut from "the house"'s proceeds as a "shareholder" of the smart contract. For that to work best, I would recommend to implement Jewels as an Ethereum based tokens. You could also sell "The House" tokens if you want to share the costs, risks and rewards of running the gambling smart contracts.

On-chain game assets
If you are really motivated to make a kick-ass game economy, motivate other game developers to join, and get a lot of attention in the crypto community, you could allow game items to be stored on-chain and exchanged as crypto tokens. Maybe not every item, but at least legendary items. You could create new "collector" items once in a while, give away half of them at random in the game, and sell the rest for Jewels. Makes another nice source of income. That's exactly what Spells of Genesis is doing. They are using Counterparty tokens to represent each type of tradable card, and they are exchanged for their currency called BitCrystals on the Couterparty decentralized exchange. Of course if you are using Ethereum for gambling, it would make more sense to implement that using Ethereum tokens. In that case, you could simply fork the EtherEx exchange contract and make an in-game asset exchanges you control (in which case you can also charge trading fees, which would be another revenue source).

placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:05:17 PM

Great stuff. Ready to see this one mooning.
Bemerand

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 12:37:45 PM

Thanks for all the replies JewelsProject and Pro4Never.
A few more questions and remarks for the road. I prefer asking them here so that everyone can catch up with the replies.

Gambling
If your country has gambling regulations, it wouldn't be a good idea to host the gambling aspect of the game on servers under your company's responsibility.
There is an easy way around though: Ethereum smart contracts. If you have the gambling process run as a smart contract on Ethereum, it's not anymore under your responsibility but that of the network at large that is to say everyone and no one, but you can still get a cut from "the house"'s proceeds as a "shareholder" of the smart contract. For that to work best, I would recommend to implement Jewels as an Ethereum based tokens. You could also sell "The House" tokens if you want to share the costs, risks and rewards of running the gambling smart contracts.

On-chain game assets
If you are really motivated to make a kick-ass game economy, motivate other game developers to join, and get a lot of attention in the crypto community, you could allow game items to be stored on-chain and exchanged as crypto tokens. Maybe not every item, but at least legendary items. You could create new "collector" items once in a while, give away half of them at random in the game, and sell the rest for Jewels. Makes another nice source of income. That's exactly what Spells of Genesis is doing. They are using Counterparty tokens to represent each type of tradable card, and they are exchanged for their currency called BitCrystals on the Couterparty decentralized exchange. Of course if you are using Ethereum for gambling, it would make more sense to implement that using Ethereum tokens. In that case, you could simply fork the EtherEx exchange contract and make an in-game asset exchanges you control (in which case you can also charge trading fees, which would be another revenue source).

If these guys skipped the part where they had to make sure the gambling was done on the right shore then id say 'Houston, we have a problem" But I dont think that's the case. Thankfully.

88.36255237114% of all ICO's are SCAMS
Pro4Never

Activity: 183

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 01:01:37 PM

So basically you will now be allowing in-game items to be sold for real world currencies using Jewels as an intermediary step.
How is that not competing with you own revenues?

Because we do not sell items for real life cash. The items we sell are things like VIP tokens, exclusive garments, RNG packs, etc. Players will always try to circumvent any system we have to sell their gears for cash. By using jewels we have the ability to introduce new systems such as a jewels auction house or at the very least the ability to enforce these trades. Less scams. more transparent for players not to mention those who will play simply because they view it as a way to earn money. We already have plenty of people who play for the purpose of paying bills in their country. We've banned large numbers of them but by securing and legitimizing these trades you actually grow your player base and reduce their complaints.

How do you avoid botting? There are already bots for Conquer Online. How do you prevent users adapting them to farm items and in-game currency on Apex, making the price of in-game item drop and sparking massive inflation of the in-game currency?

I can't go into the full details of our protection systems but here's a quick rundown of the measures we have in place.

-Anti injection/spoofing measures to check for memory based bots and packet based bots
-Process list tracking to scan for un-authorized programs running while the game is open
-Custom authorization and game encryption keys
-Server side sanity checks so if our client protection is removed/altered it will be detected
-Client file verification to check key files for edits
-Player report system so if they see suspicious behavior they can let us know. An invisible mod/gm will then investigate, scan their running processes and take the neccesary actions.

No anti bot system can claim to be un-crackable or anything like that but ours has proven very successful in the last year and a half. Any players we've found who've 'cheated' in our game have relied on simple click based macros or other such tools which are easily detected through player reports and their effects limited by safe system design (making systems less abusable by repetitive actions)

If you allow players to sell items that give an advantage in-game, like weapons, you are basically allowing Pay2Win. It's not Pay2Win between the players and you, but Pay2Win between players. A new player can basically come and buy $100 worth of Jewels, buy XP boosts and equip himself with topnotch equipment, and outperform players who have been playing for a while. I'm not saying that's necessarily a problem, Diablo 3 has been doing that for a while with the Real Money Auction House, but let's call a spade a spade.

There are many, many different ways people define what pay2win means to them. Having grown up playing games like conquer, I define pay 2 win as the gap between paying players and non paying players as being insurmountable. You spending 100 dollars being equal to 1,000 hours of gameplay for me would of course be pay2win. I'm aware that's a quite loose definition but I'm using the benchmark of the official versions of conquer online and other predatory MMOs with similar tactics.

If you came into heroes on day 1 and spent a large amount of money, it wouldn't mean you could all of a sudden be 'finished' the game. Sure you would have a very large amount of jewels on your account but that does not equate to instant items. You would have to find a player who wants your jewels (or an item you purchased with jewels) and trade it with them for an item they've actually obtained. This peer2peer system of trading and marketing strongly encourages players to interact with each other in a sort of symbiotic relationship between those who spend money and those who don't. Those who spend money purchase items others want (such as VIP tokens or shiny looking cosmetics others want) and then other spend their time completing quests, farming monsters, competing in events, etc to earn items to trade to that paying player.

Gambling

The gambling/jewels projects will be contained separately from the server projects. This is both for legal reasons regarding gambling and also to keep the jewels project insulated if there were ever any issues with the private servers coming under fire. The company that created conquer online has not done anything to private servers in a decade but it's better to be safe than sorry.

On-chain game assets

We have actually brought up a few proposed ideas regarding this and mentioned them to bitcrytals. The idea we had was to do a sort of partnership where cards could be transferred into Heroes to receive in-game items that looked like the card (a weapon, an armor, etc) and could be traded back out. To implement tokenized items wouldn't make sense for most standard in-game items (they are combined and deleted and shifted so often it would be a mess!) but for things like importing cards from spells of genesis and any other similar cosmetic items, I do like that idea and it's something we've discussed some.

Personally my focus has been on the gambling side of things but I am not opposed to doing on-chain assets in the future, it just requires the right circumstances or partnership for it to make sense.
Altitude

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:18:05 PM

We do not normally allow people to sell their in-game items for real world currencies (because it competes with our own revenues) but with a jewel system you would simply sell your in-game items for packs of jewels which you could then sell on any exchange to cash out to fiat currency.
So basically you will now be allowing in-game items to be sold for real world currencies using Jewels as an intermediary step.
How is that not competing with you own revenues?

Because of this, the game will attract a much larger sub-audience of those who are trying to farm in-game items for cash. While at first glance this may sound like a bad thing, it's really not.
How do you avoid botting? There are already bots for Conquer Online. How do you prevent users adapting them to farm items and in-game currency on Apex, making the price of in-game item drop and sparking massive inflation of the in-game currency?

This creates a higher demand for the jewels because not only can they be used on non pay2win elements (cosmetics) but now they can be used to purchase actual in game items and bonuses but it is done as peer2peer and therefor does not reflect poorly on the servers balance.
If you allow players to sell items that give an advantage in-game, like weapons, you are basically allowing Pay2Win. It's not Pay2Win between the players and you, but Pay2Win between players. A new player can basically come and buy $100 worth of Jewels, buy XP boosts and equip himself with topnotch equipment, and outperform players who have been playing for a while. I'm not saying that's necessarily a problem, Diablo 3 has been doing that for a while with the Real Money Auction House, but let's call a spade a spade.

I dont know if this helps you or not but when I was doing some research I came across a thread on their forum about banned cheaters and some are for bots
http://www.apexconquer.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
userpacman1

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:41:47 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2016, 02:41:55 PM by userpacman1

It is just a few posts above https://jewels-slack.herokuapp.com/ or in the op. The more the merrier. We will build an army of conquerors, has anyone made a crypto guild yet?

Thanks, I joined slack. I still have to get used to it though, my first time.
I see many people requesting a guild on Apex Server. I won't put a lot of effort to level up on that server, I guess we will start back from scratch on Heroes one.
I don't have yet 1 million gold to open a guild on Apex yet but if I have some spare time I'll do it later today. I will call it Bitcointalk so everybody can find us and familiarize with the game.
Bemerand

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 01:44:17 PM

Is there a radio show today?

ridewithme

Activity: 406

Follow me to the Profitland.

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:00:04 PM

https://twitter.com/JewelsCoin/status/769092559947886593

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:02:11 PM

I hope so, I've taken a break to come and check it out. Dev any update on the show?

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
ridewithme

Activity: 406

Follow me to the Profitland.

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:09:54 PM

I hope so, I've taken a break to come and check it out. Dev any update on the show?

Download mumble and you can listen in.

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 02:10:39 PM

Come join us over on Mumble as we discuss Jewels with the Beyond Bitcoin guys, read the How to Join section at https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@officialfuzzy/guest-signups-beyond-bitcoin-hangout-170-8-26-16-rsvp-to-friday-s-hangout-ask-q-s-suggest-topics-or-promote-your-favorite to join!

Bemerand

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:17:41 PM

Listening now.......

zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:20:46 PM

Download mumble and you can listen in.

Yup, I followed the steemit guide from fuzzy from BeyondBitcoin. Thanks for that simple guide Fuzzy and looking forward to hearing from you Chris Smiley

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
EpyxZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:46:41 PM

Finally got the game working again. I hate flipping windows :/
EpyxZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:49:43 PM

Ok let me rephrase that. I got heroes to work. But apex conquerer throws me too many compat dialogs & wont get past the login screen still. Problem is on my side for sure. Just driving me crazy lol :p
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: