Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 02:23:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 165 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (JWL) JEWELS 🔷 HEROES LAUNCHED 🔷 1ST JWL USE CASE 🔷 TRADING ON BITTREX  (Read 212606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ridewithme

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Follow me to the Profitland.

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:53:05 PM

Ok let me rephrase that. I got heroes to work. But apex conquerer throws me too many compat dialogs & wont get past the login screen still. Problem is on my side for sure. Just driving me crazy lol :p

Time to make some upgrades my friend.
 Cheesy

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:55:59 PM

Is it too late to listen in
Have I missed the show

Not to late. Blockpay is speaking and answering questions first.

I invested in ETH and made money, WAVES, made money, JEWELS made money, NXT made money, BTC made a lot of money!
Follow me and profit.
EpyxZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:57:48 PM

Ok let me rephrase that. I got heroes to work. But apex conquerer throws me too many compat dialogs & wont get past the login screen still. Problem is on my side for sure. Just driving me crazy lol :p

Cheesy

Time to just kill this computer and make the wife use ubuntu :p Anyone know if the games work via wine?
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 02:59:15 PM

Cheesy

Time to just kill this computer and make the wife use ubuntu :p Anyone know if the games work via wine?

The game works when drinking. All games work while drinking man. Cheesy

Follow me and profit.
Tinkerbell

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:02:16 PM

Do you think you will get the other 166 BTC in time?
Pro4Never

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 03:02:23 PM

Cheesy

I can't say for sure as I've not tested but the game doesn't use anything very modern (it's a ~8 year old client). I would make the assumption it should work fine using any windows emulator.

Definitely let us know your experience though!

Do you think you will get the other 166 BTC in time?

The amount raised determines our updated timetable. Investors will then be able to vote to continue or not (if not then everyone gets refunded). While obviously 200 BTC would be ideal so that we can meet the timetable we've proposed in the OP, it does not mean the project cant be done with less it would simply take longer. It's up to investors at that point if they wish to continue or not.
EpyxZ

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:02:36 PM

lol I meant the emulator for ubuntu that runs windows software :p
EpyxZ

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:03:53 PM

Definitely let us know your experience though!

Will do, figured this will be the time to move here to a new OS lol :p i'll post when i get home & can put it on the other pc. If the clients that old should work fine Smiley cant wait lol Smiley
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:08:34 PM

lol I meant the emulator for ubuntu that runs windows software :p

I didn't know but I did know you weren't talking about drinking. It was just a joke.
Whats not a joke is how long the blockpay guys are talking on the beyondbitcoin.
Oh as I was writing it they are going live.

Follow me and profit.
EpyxZ

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:11:26 PM

I didn't know but I did know you weren't talking about drinking. It was just a joke.
Whats not a joke is how long the blockpay guys are talking on the beyondbitcoin.

I know just had to say it lol.
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:13:30 PM

Chris sounds like a very smart guy.

Follow me and profit.
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:37:40 PM

i cant get in i need a step by step to start listening. HELP!!!

https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@officialfuzzy/guest-signups-beyond-bitcoin-hangout-170-8-26-16-rsvp-to-friday-s-hangout-ask-q-s-suggest-topics-or-promote-your-favorite

Follow me and profit.
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:42:23 PM

You missed it now. Its over but was a great interview. I think it's going to be put tp to soundcloud in the next day or two, You can listen to it then from there.

Follow me and profit.
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 03:43:19 PM

If you missed our segment on Beyond Bitcoin, we will be tweeting the link to their SoundCloud once the recording of the entire meeting is uploaded as well as mentioning the time when we speak at. If you weren't able to directly ask us questions on the Beyond Bitcoin hang out, join us over on Slack where we're more than happy to engage in dialog! Grin

EpyxZ

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:55:06 PM

And yet I still missed it even though i was waiting lol :p OMG never going to go to the store last minute again rofl. So how did it turn out?
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 03:57:23 PM

And yet I still missed it even though i was waiting lol :p OMG never going to go to the store last minute again rofl. So how did it turn out?
What the fuck. Why did you go to the store in the middle of the show
Huh

Follow me and profit.
EpyxZ

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:03:05 PM

Huh

^^ figured they were going to talk another hour :p oh well ill catch it when the sb is put out Smiley

Of course if i would have read that LAST line i would have seen i didnt have time lol :p
ridewithme

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:22:16 PM

Huh

^^ figured they were going to talk another hour :p oh well ill catch it when the sb is put out Smiley

Of course if i would have read that LAST line i would have seen i didnt have time lol :p

I missed it too

You all will get to here it soon be patient.

Follow me and profit.
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
August 26, 2016, 04:25:17 PM

Gambling
Have you checked what are the regulations regarding gambling in your country?
If your country has gambling regulations, it wouldn't be a good idea to host the gambling aspect of the game on servers under your company's responsibility.
There is an easy way around though: Ethereum smart contracts. If you have the gambling process run as a smart contract on Ethereum, it's not anymore under your responsibility but that of the network at large that is to say everyone and no one, but you can still get a cut from "the house"'s proceeds as a "shareholder" of the smart contract. For that to work best, I would recommend to implement Jewels as an Ethereum based tokens. You could also sell "The House" tokens if you want to share the costs, risks and rewards of running the gambling smart contracts.

The gambling/jewels projects will be contained separately from the server projects. This is both for legal reasons regarding gambling and also to keep the jewels project insulated if there were ever any issues with the private servers coming under fire. The company that created conquer online has not done anything to private servers in a decade but it's better to be safe than sorry.

You haven't answered the legal aspect of the question. Is gambling regulated in the country where you are operating? If it is and you need a gambling license, are you planning on applying for a gambling license (that usually costs a lot and takes months or sometimes years to approve). If it is regulated, and you are not planning to follow the regulation, you are going to be doing illegal gambling, which means that sooner or later if the business grows you'll get shutdown, and probably get a lot of legal trouble. In some countries, transgressors to gambling regulation can do a jail time. Luckily, you can just get rid of the problem entirely by using smart contracts. That's the reason prediction market site InTrade was busted for illegal gambling, but Augur can't be busted because it's not running in any specific jurisdiction.

Understanding how well you thought that one through is key to determining if your business is sustainable. If you get regulators on your back and are forced to shutdown due to breach of gambling regulation, this will jeopardize the project and our investment.
JewelsProject (OP)

Activity: 196

Official Jewels Dev Account.

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2016, 04:44:07 PM

Gambling
Have you checked what are the regulations regarding gambling in your country?
If your country has gambling regulations, it wouldn't be a good idea to host the gambling aspect of the game on servers under your company's responsibility.
There is an easy way around though: Ethereum smart contracts. If you have the gambling process run as a smart contract on Ethereum, it's not anymore under your responsibility but that of the network at large that is to say everyone and no one, but you can still get a cut from "the house"'s proceeds as a "shareholder" of the smart contract. For that to work best, I would recommend to implement Jewels as an Ethereum based tokens. You could also sell "The House" tokens if you want to share the costs, risks and rewards of running the gambling smart contracts.

The gambling/jewels projects will be contained separately from the server projects. This is both for legal reasons regarding gambling and also to keep the jewels project insulated if there were ever any issues with the private servers coming under fire. The company that created conquer online has not done anything to private servers in a decade but it's better to be safe than sorry.

You haven't answered the legal aspect of the question. Is gambling regulated in the country where you are operating? If it is and you need a gambling license, are you planning on applying for a gambling license (that usually costs a lot and takes months or sometimes years to approve). If it is regulated, and you are not planning to follow the regulation, you are going to be doing illegal gambling, which means that sooner or later if the business grows you'll get shutdown, and probably get a lot of legal trouble. In some countries, transgressors to gambling regulation can do a jail time. Luckily, you can just get rid of the problem entirely by using smart contracts. That's the reason prediction market site InTrade was busted for illegal gambling, but Augur can't be busted because it's not running in any specific jurisdiction.

Understanding how well you thought that one through is key to determining if your business is sustainable. If you get regulators on your back and are forced to shutdown due to breach of gambling regulation, this will jeopardize the project and our investment.

A gambling license is not needed given the current scope of our project. We are not offering direct fiat gambling and many games do this as well. Many games offer some way of gambling a bought currency in ways that are not even provably fair. To use Conquer Online as a primary example, they often hold events where you can buy "Demon Boxes" which summons a monster that when killed has a chance to double, triple, or even insane payouts like 100x the amount you used to buy the item. Such games do not require a gambling license either but to take this a step further Conquer Online also has built in poker into its native UI (as seen in the screenshots we've posted) which allows you to gamble in both currencies (Gold and the premium currency of the official game 'Conquer Points').

Allow me to further expand upon this point that sites like Counter Strike: GO Lounge and other Steam based raffle websites don't require gambling licenses either because they deal with commodities.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 165 »
  Print  

Jump to: