Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question:

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you agree with idea "Bitcoin bank" ?  (Read 142233 times)
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2017, 04:04:05 PM

I dont agree with this idea, because i think we don't need Bitcoin bank actually, or in the future. We can still using our secured wallets and its enough for every user of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is decentralized and anonymous, and the bank couldn't take this powerful features
I think every user is free to determine their choice. and free third party to make a bitcoin bank. if you do not agree. you just need to use it, simple right ?

It may be simple but it is surely not right

At least, that's what many people think regarding this question. They seem to be heavily ideologically biased against banks as if Bitcoin banks could actually change anything. Somehow, I don't see a lot of the same dudes raising their voice regarding real issues, i.e. against rogue miners which usurped power, against paid shills spreading the BU fud across forums. But after all, these may be the same folks so who cares?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
citywise2

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:39:01 PM

I dont buy thé idea of bitcoin bank for now.
We should be thinking about the life growth of bitcoin not the bank.
Bitcoin bank can not help bitcoin for now and it will make the popularity of bitcoin to fed away.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:50:25 PM

Bitcoin bank can not help bitcoin for now and it will make the popularity of bitcoin to fed away.

Actually already banks started implementing online services completely and try to compete with the bitcoin. Citi bank, New York creating new digital coin for them called "Citicoin". However, none implementation are equal to bitcoins. If bitcoin adopted by any financial services. They will consume more amount for usage and fees. Personally I do not support this bitcoin in bank.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:57:04 PM

Actually already banks started implementing online services completely and try to compete with the bitcoin. Citi bank, New York creating new digital coin for them called "Citicoin". However, none implementation are equal to bitcoins. If bitcoin adopted by any financial services. They will consume more amount for usage and fees. Personally I do not support this bitcoin in bank.
I have noticed that this thread already contains a really big number of different answers from particular people, but I just had to participate at least for a while.

It is happening because banks are into technology and current financial news, and they are scared of cryptocurrency horizon that is starting to cover some of their clients.
They can spot an incoming struggle with bitcoin, and that is why they are implementing so many new online services.

For example, Ripple has been created by banks to make the settlements between them.
Also, as you said there is Citicoin, but I cannot believe it will be adopted by a big amount of users, when we have so many great cryptocurrencies to choose.

Im sure that banks will take part in cryptocurrency business, but in few years because I think they are still not sure about going into investment that is not so predictable.

Deep BTC

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 06:48:48 PM

I do not find the idea of bitcoin bank positive. A thought contrary to Bitcoin's philosophy. If a bitcoin bank is established, there is no difference from the current monetary system.
Many people who use bitcoins want to control their own money only by themselves. But I think that such services will be demanded in the future. So people may want to keep their money in bitcoin banks.
kvlolo

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 07:48:06 PM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.
So, i would like to find out the percentage of user who agreed with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

There is a site call itself The First Bitcoin Bank on the planet - bitcoinprofit.net, https://bitcoinprofit.net/info/page/about  what do you think?

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
Creepings

Activity: 546
Merit: 257

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 08:00:04 PM

I don't like having a bitcoin bank, I love the way bitcoin as a decentralized digital currency, making a bitcoin bank means that it will be be centralized digital currency controllable by some group oe the government tapping on our accounts making our privacy their entertainment in their leisure. I good on how bitcoin is kept on our wallets and for me, is the reason why Satoshi Nakmoto made the currency, to manage ourown money.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:01:48 PM

Banks need governments and insurance companies to secure their investments and safe keeping their money, how could you have a bank which is a central organization in a decentralized ecosystem?

You can fool yourselves but many of us are not fooled that easy, don't put your bitcoins in any thing calling themselves bank for crypto.

Bitcoin addresses with private keys are the safest place for your coins and besides when price increases %20 can the bank increase your balance as well or will they deal with you by the fiat worth of bitcoins?

Imagine you deposit 100BTC into a bank in hopes of receiving 25% interest every year, if they pay you all the interests in bitcoin and not USD you'd still need some sort of rock solid insurance so they can't just run with your money and if they did you'd be able to take it back from insurance company.

🖤😏
Jewell

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:31:56 PM

I do not find the idea of bitcoin bank positive. A thought contrary to Bitcoin's philosophy. If a bitcoin bank is established, there is no difference from the current monetary system.
Many people who use bitcoins want to control their own money only by themselves. But I think that such services will be demanded in the future. So people may want to keep their money in bitcoin banks.
to me i am also not in favour of the idea of bitcoin banks, i do not think that it will be more convenient than online bitcoin wallet system, which we can use so easily from anywhere and any time. as there is no restriction of time format.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 09:11:24 AM

Many people who use bitcoins want to control their own money only by themselves. But I think that such services will be demanded in the future. So people may want to keep their money in bitcoin banks

And what says Bitcoin's philosophy exactly?

And why should it be against Bitcoin banks precisely? I strongly suspect you don't know yourself what it hinges around. Anyway, if there is any, it should be about freedom, right? So how can you say that Bitcoin banks would be contrary to it if they remain on an equal playing ground with other market participants? I guess you can't have it both ways, i.e. first declare freedom and then prohibit banks from participating. Such approach has been given its own term, it is called hypocrisy

tiptopfund

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:37:44 AM

Recently, i often see discussion about Bitcoin Bank. More and more people come here and ask about bitcoin bank & surprisingly i see few user agree with this idea.

Honestly, i think this idea is stupid and worst idea that i've seen in my life. What do you think?
p.s. we don't talk about bitcoin debit card OR any centralized service which only ask name and email address.

Putting decentralized independent powerful bitcoin into a jail of a regulated outdated infrastructure dependent on a few people is a crime.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

The idea of establishing a Bitcoin bank is a good idea any way but the question is that is it going to be operated with structures such as the convectional banking system with an headquarter and branches? or is it going to be virtually operated? As for me I will prefer the latter which will be easier to access than the former

I don't see any particular difference here

Even if regular banks start accepting bitcoins, you will most likely be able to access your Bitcoin account (i.e. send from and receive coins to) via Internet in pretty much the same way you use online banking and web wallets nowadays. If you don't have an existing account in a bank (I refer to regular accounts in fiat currencies, i.e. deposits and checking accounts), you will certainly have to visit a bank office with your identity documents to open an account there (just like you have to go to a bank today in order to open a regular fiat account in the bank)
I think he said in his question that he wasn’t talking about “banks” that only require your name and email address. Coinbase and I believe Xapo and Circle fall into that category. I know Coinbase does from personal experience.

In my opinion though if you are talking about banks that need more personal information about you I don’t think there really is a point in them. Coinbase though is very useful because transferring funds doesn’t take a decade.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1358

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

I think this idea is not very important at all.
I mean, it wouldn't really help bitcoin adoption, at all.
And its against soul of btc.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 07:14:15 PM

The idea of establishing a Bitcoin bank is a good idea any way but the question is that is it going to be operated with structures such as the convectional banking system with an headquarter and branches? or is it going to be virtually operated? As for me I will prefer the latter which will be easier to access than the former

I don't see any particular difference here

Even if regular banks start accepting bitcoins, you will most likely be able to access your Bitcoin account (i.e. send from and receive coins to) via Internet in pretty much the same way you use online banking and web wallets nowadays. If you don't have an existing account in a bank (I refer to regular accounts in fiat currencies, i.e. deposits and checking accounts), you will certainly have to visit a bank office with your identity documents to open an account there (just like you have to go to a bank today in order to open a regular fiat account in the bank)
I think he said in his question that he wasn’t talking about “banks” that only require your name and email address. Coinbase and I believe Xapo and Circle fall into that category. I know Coinbase does from personal experience

I guess you should read that poster's post again

He clearly says that he prefers "virtual" banks before offline banks just because the ease of access (read he doesn't need to visit them personally). He didn't reveal his attitude whether he cares if they require to disclose personal details or not (obviously, regular banks will certainly demand that). Other than that, I don't think many people would care much about that since they still have to provide all this info if they open regular accounts in regular banks. But they would certainly care if they should have to pay a visit to a bank office in person

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:59:49 PM

I think this idea is not very important at all.
I mean, it wouldn't really help bitcoin adoption, at all.
And its against soul of btc.
i agree with you that bitcoin bank idea is really not important for bitcoin because is already too much secure and safe currency and there is many secure and safe wallet are available which is too much better than bank. 
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 09:21:53 PM

to me i am also not in favour of the idea of bitcoin banks, i do not think that it will be more convenient than online bitcoin wallet system, which we can use so easily from anywhere and any time. as there is no restriction of time format.
yes that is right i do not think that any person who is using bitcoin will be in favour of bitcoin banking system. as there is freedom in using online system. you can use your bitcoins that are saved in your wallet at any time and from anywhere. so i i will also like to continue with online wallet system instead of bitcoin banking system.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
stergium

Activity: 655

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:32:17 PM

I don't like having a bitcoin bank, I love the way bitcoin as a decentralized digital currency, making a bitcoin bank means that it will be be centralized digital currency controllable by some group oe the government tapping on our accounts making our privacy their entertainment in their leisure. I good on how bitcoin is kept on our wallets and for me, is the reason why Satoshi Nakmoto made the currency, to manage ourown money.
as we can see that most of the people are not in favor of bitcoin banking system. most of the bitcoin users want to continue with online system as it is more reliable and trusted to them as they can use it very easily and conveniently.
cengsuwuei

Activity: 714
Merit: 516

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:49:44 PM

Quote from: ETFbitcoin link=topic=1652815.msg16605982#msg16605982 date=

I think is not stupid idea
bitcoin bank is good, moreover bitcoin bank is real company real bank, you can withdraw fiat money to bitcoin bank office
deposit, withdraw bitcoin only one office, real office, so bitcoin user can seasy exchange bitcoin to fiat money

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14..

..Buy Now..

Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:06:33 AM

Quote from: ETFbitcoin link=topic=1652815.msg16605982#msg16605982 date=

I think is not stupid idea
bitcoin bank is good, moreover bitcoin bank is real company real bank, you can withdraw fiat money to bitcoin bank office
deposit, withdraw bitcoin only one office, real office, so bitcoin user can seasy exchange bitcoin to fiat money
An opposition to banks is half the reason that Bitcoin exists.  It's decentralised so the point is that you avoid any tracking of your transactions like Coinbase does and avoid any company that acts like a bank.

Regardless, banks give interest rates.  Bitcoin is already deflationary in its current state, so there's no need for that at all.

taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:45:58 AM

Exactly,the convenience features of bitcoin will be limited. Bitcoin wallet is enough so far though we are now being populated that causes transaction confirmation slow but then it is more good than having its bank, and I guess those atms is good so far, I guess those are enough for making transaction in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: