Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:34:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Zcash worth to invest in it?  (Read 36128 times)
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 07:21:52 AM

Seriously anyone do their research on Zcash and ask me what makes it special?

Did you know its exactly the same thing as litecoin, with a different logo?

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hamliss

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 07:33:02 AM

Both zcash and zclassic are just "worth" something in theory, and it's highly speculative since no markets that i know actually accept them, so even if they
are indeed highly annonymous, that feature is useless because it's not used anywhere.

Also, the prices, even right now of ~0,25 btc/zec is imho over-over-over hyped if you look at how many new coins will enter market in under a month.
There's just astronomical chances market will be interested in keeping and fueling these prices.

I traded zcash while the price was jumping up and down around 1 btc purely to make some btc profit off of it, and honestly it was as if we were passing
hot potato one to another, noone was really interested in the coins as such.

Agreed, right now, ZCash is only being used for mining. Monero is mined, traded, no company behind it, and is the most anonymous coin out there. Forget ZEC.

I think it will take some time for the ZEC to be a currency. So just be patient.
Radientgurkin

Activity: 182
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 11:07:33 AM

Patience is definately a virtue here.

My humble opinion is that altcoins with a solid developer community are more promising than those with none. 
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:22:33 AM

Agreed, right now, ZCash is only being used for mining. Monero is mined, traded, no company behind it, and is the most anonymous coin out there. Forget ZEC.

Yes. The only use case for ZEC right now is mining. But, I believe that it may change if development and innovation comes into the digital currency. Having ZK-SNARK technology is revolutionary, but the coin still has a long way to go before it becomes usable by merchants and businesses alike.

If it could manage to bring a GUI wallet for a variety of operating systems, more people would become interested into the digital currency, as not everyone is tech savvy. Therefore, I hope that the ZCash team would release wallets for other OSes besides Linux.

In the case of XMR, it has provided strong anonymity features for quite a long time. It is surprising to see it is not worth more than ZEC itself, being much older than the latter. Hopefully, XMR would continue to increase to new heights and become the top anonymous cryptocurrency on the market. Just my thoughts.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:34:36 AM

Patience is definitely a virtue here. My humble opinion is that altcoins with a solid developer community are more promising than those with none. 

You said it right. I think it is the same story with Ethereum...so many people considered it to be done when last year it experienced so many challenges and problems but look what happened now the value is rising and it is now considered to be the number two. As to Zcash, if there is really a good community of people behind this one, then we can expect it to soon rise again in value. I know it has a history of being overvalued but this day it is now setting to where it should be. Zcash remains to be in the top 10 and that is already a feat in the first place.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:19:17 AM

Every coin is ready to invest and worth it if you think it would go up, no one knows if the price will go up and stay there, some people knows if there is a pump coming but that usually followed by a dump, so if the price will go up and stay there is not something we can foresee from now, if we could than we would do the investment and everyone else would and than the price will be pumped anyway.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:50:43 AM

The Trezor Bitcoin Wallet, bitcoin wallet, included multi-coin support being one of #Zcash. This is thanks to the response of customer demands. The first hardware portfolio, TREZOR, was created by the SatoshiLabs company, based in Prague, known for its slush mining pool.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:15:28 PM

It requires a trusted setup, meaning you have to trust humans. That makes zero sense in crypto, especially for a crypto that claims to offer anonymity. The only thing you should have to trust in crypto is math, period (of course that can and should be verifiable by anyone examining and using the source code).

This is the biggest reason why Zcash hasn't taken off. It's a crypto that at its core relies on human trust instead of math. Wise investors know this and therefore know that it's a poor choice.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 10:44:51 PM

You said it right. I think it is the same story with Ethereum...so many people considered it to be done when last year it experienced so many challenges and problems but look what happened now the value is rising and it is now considered to be the number two. As to Zcash, if there is really a good community of people behind this one, then we can expect it to soon rise again in value. I know it has a history of being overvalued but this day it is now setting to where it should be. Zcash remains to be in the top 10 and that is already a feat in the first place.

That is mostly true. But I believe, that most altcoins out there like Ethereum are just hype. Being an inflationary cryptocurrency, it is not meant to be a store of value, in which I believe that it is a little overvalued these days.

Considering that ETH, has violated the principles of immutability (which it is a key feature of the blockchain) and has shifted its view towards banks and big corporations, it may turn out to become centralized at some point in the future.

As for ZEC, it is also hype, as the only great feature it has is its anonymity technology, but lacks a GUI wallet and its inability to become used in other platforms like Windows and Mac. This certainly limits its ability to become mainstream, as people would want something easy to use without any prior technical knowledge involved.

But in the bright side, both ZEC and ETH have dedicated development teams (which most alts lack of), that will help them become more secure and deliver innovations as time goes by. If all goes well, then I expect for both cryptocurrencies to become mainstream. Just my thoughts.  Grin

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Retailatmon

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:03:28 PM

That is mostly true. But I believe, that most altcoins out there like Ethereum are just hype. Being an inflationary cryptocurrency, it is not meant to be a store of value, in which I believe that it is a little overvalued these days.

Considering that ETH, has violated the principles of immutability (which it is a key feature of the blockchain) and has shifted its view towards banks and big corporations, it may turn out to become centralized at some point in the future.

As for ZEC, it is also hype, as the only great feature it has is its anonymity technology, but lacks a GUI wallet and its inability to become used in other platforms like Windows and Mac. This certainly limits its ability to become mainstream, as people would want something easy to use without any prior technical knowledge involved.

But in the bright side, both ZEC and ETH have dedicated development teams (which most alts lack of), that will help them become more secure and deliver innovations as time goes by. If all goes well, then I expect for both cryptocurrencies to become mainstream. Just my thoughts.  Grin

The inflation of the Ethereum will be reduced in the future. A small inflation is actually good for the economy.
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 05:39:40 PM

The inflation of the Ethereum will be reduced in the future. A small inflation is actually good for the economy.

Well, a little inflation helps to get the economy moving or circulating, in contrast to deflationary currencies like Bitcoin, which people tend to hoard it, instead of spending it.

If Ethereum will reduce its supply in the future like you said, then it would be ideal for it, especially in its PoS stage, increasing its value over the long term. Most of the times, I prefer ETC over ETH as it will have a limited supply of 230 million coins.  Roll Eyes

████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
Nathland

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 06:37:43 AM

Well, a little inflation helps to get the economy moving or circulating, in contrast to deflationary currencies like Bitcoin, which people tend to hoard it, instead of spending it.

If Ethereum will reduce its supply in the future like you said, then it would be ideal for it, especially in its PoS stage, increasing its value over the long term. Most of the times, I prefer ETC over ETH as it will have a limited supply of 230 million coins.  Roll Eyes

If the bitcoin is the only currency, you still have to spend some to make a living. So there is not much difference.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 01:33:03 PM

Zcash recently reported a flaw in the system that allowed an attack on his Blockchain. With the error found in the protocol, any malicious person could attack the Zcash Blockchain through the Full Nodes. According to the Zcash developers, it was a Denial-of-Service vulnerability but was fixed in the last update. In the Zcash version 1.0.4, a calculation change was made to increase the priority of the armored transactions, which resulted in the vulnerability found.
Hamliss

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 08:14:51 AM

Zcash recently reported a flaw in the system that allowed an attack on his Blockchain. With the error found in the protocol, any malicious person could attack the Zcash Blockchain through the Full Nodes. According to the Zcash developers, it was a Denial-of-Service vulnerability but was fixed in the last update. In the Zcash version 1.0.4, a calculation change was made to increase the priority of the armored transactions, which resulted in the vulnerability found.

That is quite quick repair.
jacobthecoiner

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 01:29:58 PM

i think it's still time to get on the train

mynhpark

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:44:00 AM

As we know, ZCash is a privacy driven cryptocurrency. It uses the Equihash as an algorithm, which is an asymmetric memory-hard Proof of Work (PoW) algorithm based on the generalized birthday problem. It relies on high RAM requirements to bottleneck the generation of proofs and making Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) development unfeasible.

Its value proposition states that Zcash is a decentralized and open-source cryptocurrency that offers privacy and selective transparency of transactions. Zcash payments are published on a public blockchain, but the sender, recipient, and amount of a transaction remain private. Currently Zcash mining is possible via GPU and CPU. Like Bitcoin, Zcash has a fixed total supply of 21 million units.

In fact, with the growing number of privacy-centric cryptocurrency nowadays (such as Cloakcoin, PIVX, Komodo, Monero, DASH, Shadowcash, Bytecoin, etc), Zcash current dominance is not certain. 

░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄████████████▄░░▄████████████▄
░░░░░░░░█▄▀█████████████████████████▀▄█
░░░░░░░░███▄▀█████████████████████▀▄███
░░░░░░░░█████▄▀█████████████████▀▄█████
░░░░░░░░███████▄▄▀███████████▀▄▄███████
░░░░░░░░██████████▄▄▀█████▀▄▄██████████
░░░░░░░░█████████████▄▀█▀▄█████████████
░░░░░░░░▀▀█████████████░░████████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████████░░██████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████░░████████▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████░░███████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░███████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██████░░██████▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███░░███▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░█▀

TEMCO

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██████████
█░░░░░░░░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀▀▀▀░█
█░▀▀▀░░░░█
██████████

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░██
░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░█▌
░░░░░▄▄█▀▀░░░▄▀░░░██
░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄█▀░░░▐█
░██░░░░░░▄██▀░░░█▌
░▀▀█████▀░░░░░░██
░░░██▀▀█▄▄░░░░█▌
░░░█▄░░██▀▀▀▄██
░░░█▄█▀
AdobeWriter

Activity: 359
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:51:13 AM

Zcash is great...for mining only.

I do admit that some people probably made good money out of holding Zcash, but those were the guys that bought when 1 ZEC was around 30$ and sell now when price more than doubled. My condolences to the poor souls who bought this for more than 1 BTC per ZEC in the early days when it hit polo.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 08:58:00 AM

Seriously anyone do their research on Zcash and ask me what makes it special?

Did you know its exactly the same thing as litecoin, with a different logo?

Bravo, almost all coins with PoW algorithm are like windows 95 on current PCs. PoW is technology of yesterday and it has no future. It is power consuming and not helping the network to run stable just centralizing it. ZEC is a joke, why they haven't implement their zsnarks or whatever onto BTC? They created a new coin just to get billions and thats all. But yes, you can make money by speculating. But as a technology it has no future, IMO.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
vips

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:26:02 AM

Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley
I suggest you to wait for a lower price and/or problems fixed.Just look at all the poor people who bought in higher Sad
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:09:12 PM

Since Zcash launch, prices have been around the $1000+ mark, however after a few days the price has gone down, and I think that it will continue to do so for the following days until it reaches the total supply of 21 million coins.

In my own opinion, Zcash has been overvalued, (considering that there have been privacy oriented altcoins before like Monero) and the fact that Zcash does not enforce anonymity by default (unlike Monero), it makes me wonder whenever Zcash would be a good investment or not.

If there is one thing that I don't like about Zcash, is the fact that it is behind a company, as well as having a sort of premine called Founder's reward, which seems kind of fishy to me.

Please let me know what do you think about this.  Smiley

in some areas, they love zcash why? zcash is now worldwide,it has a lot of investors everywhere in the world. even in africa they are now starting to love and like zcash. but for advice dont put too much money on one coin, try to deposit in other coin, so that when it dump, you dont have to lose all your money just for a one coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: