Bitcoin Forum
November 17, 2017, 09:51:33 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 2137 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006509 times)
bitcoinvest
Legendary

Activity: 1032

13eJ4feC39JzbdY2K9W3ytQzWhunsxL83X

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 03:06:54 PM

how mining bitcoin with hardware that does not require a huge cost? I know the cost to mine bitcoin with hardware very much.

well i don't know anything that does not require a huge cost ( to earn something that worth the investment ) if somebody can give a proposal to that
i am also interested us i run Solar Panels for power and i have batteries for the night and i can put about 4000W more.

Any proposals?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Longsnowsm

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 02:32:17 AM

how mining bitcoin with hardware that does not require a huge cost? I know the cost to mine bitcoin with hardware very much.

well i don't know anything that does not require a huge cost ( to earn something that worth the investment ) if somebody can give a proposal to that
i am also interested us i run Solar Panels for power and i have batteries for the night and i can put about 4000W more.

Any proposals?

Mining without a huge cost?  Only thing that comes to mind is if you have free power. Then you can snag some of the mining gear that others cannot afford to run any longer.  Usually you can pick that stuff up pretty cheap, but again if you don't have free electricity it is a fast way to go broke feeding an inefficient miner. 

It just isn't an affordable hobby for most people I hate to say it.  If you have a PC with a decent power supply and you are perhaps a gamer you might be able to justify a GPU for gaming that you can keep running at night mining so that it has a dual purpose.  Buy you wouldn't really earn much that way.  So it would then depend on your goals.  Just not much in the way of affordable mining.

Most of us would probably have been better off if we had bought BTC and held it.  Maybe make a little money doing some day trading here and there. 
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 12:25:56 PM

Any proposals?

Mining without a huge cost?  Only thing that comes to mind is if you have free power. Then you can snag some of the mining gear that others cannot afford to run any longer.  Usually you can pick that stuff up pretty cheap, but again if you don't have free electricity it is a fast way to go broke feeding an inefficient miner.  

It just isn't an affordable hobby for most people I hate to say it.  If you have a PC with a decent power supply and you are perhaps a gamer you might be able to justify a GPU for gaming that you can keep running at night mining so that it has a dual purpose.  Buy you wouldn't really earn much that way.  So it would then depend on your goals.  Just not much in the way of affordable mining.

Most of us would probably have been better off if we had bought BTC and held it.  Maybe make a little money doing some day trading here and there.  

Free power?? S3+ best miner I used,cheap on ebay or here.

Pay for power?? Try video cards to mine altcoins,if you can build your own rigs your good,if not your screwed  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 11:31:47 AM

i do not count the electricity but i don't want to spend $600 for s3+.....
i found it not reasonable price or cheap either comparing to what will return me after 1 year for example.

Any other proposal?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:12:49 PM

i found it not reasonable price or cheap either comparing to what will return me after 1 year for example.

Any other proposal?

Uh,not sure where your buying the S3+ from,but on ebay here in the states they're goin for $70-100.....................

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
bitcoinvest
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 12:23:21 PM

Any other proposal?

Uh,not sure where your buying the S3+ from,but on ebay here in the states they're goin for $70-100.....................

wow.. thanks for waking up me.. i fell like i was sleeping ...
but after fast google i saw that: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020140813125800214NBU85kWt0672

also here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antminer-S3-Bitmain-BTC-Tech-Bitcoin-Miner-ASIC-New-Arrival/331828668449?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D2220072%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D41376%26meid%3D3e8504feedb2475c9f374f0941705043%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D132029218238

ok that was cheaper at about 260 €  but since i am in Europe don't want to buy from abroad and wait long time and maybe pay customs also....
qberty

Activity: 345

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:54:47 PM

Alrighty, that was a weird break but a lot of things happened behind the scenes. I'm now moving away from the Titans into some other areas, and will be liquidating all of the things I purchased/made. This includes my titan hardware AND the titan bridge board source files, so you guys can finally start making and fixing your own controllers.

I'm liquidating 15 Titan cubes all of them working with less than 30% of them having some non-working dies for 4 BTC total.

Individually if you want just 1 cube (will be random from the bunch), it'll be 0.25 BTC each. If you want to target a specific cube it'll be 0.50 BTC.

The Titan bridge board files from the working batch will be 5 BTC to whoever wants to be the person to deal with that from now on.

I'm just tired of all of this and if I'm going to move on, than there's no better people to keep it going than you guys. PM me if interested. Aside from the bridge problem, it looks like all other issues can be fixed to have a fully working set (minus the unfixable dies which I absolutely cannot help with at this time).

.....HOQU....
.MARKETING OF THE FUTURE!.

████████████████████    ██████████████████
    ██████              ██████   ████         █████
   ████   █████████████    ████   ███████████    ████
 ████   ██████      ██████   ████  ████   ██████   ███
████  █████    ████    █████  ████  █████    ████   ███
████  ████   ██████████   ████  █████████████   ███   ███
████  ███  ████     █████  ███  █████     ████  ████  ████
███  ████  ███        ███  ████  ███       ████  ███  ████
███  ████  ███        ██████████████       ████  ███  ████
███  ████  ███                             ████  ███  ████
████  ███  ███████████████  ████  █████████████  ████  ████
 ████  ████   █████████████  ████   ██████████  ████  ████
 ████  █████    █████  ████  █████    ███     ████   ███
  ████   ███████  ████  ████   ███████    ███████  ████
   ████    ███████████  █████    ████████████   █████
    ██████         ████   ██████              █████
       ██████████████████    ████████████████████
           █████████████████     ████████████ 

............................................Decentralized affiliate platform...........................................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

[/
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1330

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:01:12 PM

Yes. We (me) figured out the problem with the 2.0 bridgeboards; a crystal was used instead of an oscillator. Simple fix with the right tools, I can do it for .1btc/25 ltc or so.

My other thread on hacking them has all the gory details. I'm still fixing cubes, if yours does not shut down the controller when plugged into it with the 10 pin it can probably be fixed. Burned connectors can also be fixed. However ones that have shorted cannot be fixed; I finally verified this by pulling a die and verifying that KNC cross-connected the hotel lines inside the chip.

C
qberty

Activity: 345

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:06:57 PM

Yes. We (me) figured out the problem with the 2.0 bridgeboards; a crystal was used instead of an oscillator. Simple fix with the right tools, I can do it for .1btc/25 ltc or so.

My other thread on hacking them has all the gory details. I'm still fixing cubes, if yours does not shut down the controller when plugged into it with the 10 pin it can probably be fixed. Burned connectors can also be fixed. However ones that have shorted cannot be fixed; I finally verified this by pulling a die and verifying that KNC cross-connected the hotel lines inside the chip.

C

Good to know. Haven't been a fan of KNC's design language since the beginning.

.....HOQU....
.MARKETING OF THE FUTURE!.

████████████████████    ██████████████████
    ██████              ██████   ████         █████
   ████   █████████████    ████   ███████████    ████
 ████   ██████      ██████   ████  ████   ██████   ███
████  █████    ████    █████  ████  █████    ████   ███
████  ████   ██████████   ████  █████████████   ███   ███
████  ███  ████     █████  ███  █████     ████  ████  ████
████  ███  ███████████████  ████  █████████████  ████  ████
 ████  ████   █████████████  ████   ██████████  ████  ████
 ████  █████    █████  ████  █████    ███     ████   ███
  ████   ███████  ████  ████   ███████    ███████  ████
   ████    ███████████  █████    ████████████   █████
    ██████         ████   ██████              █████
       ██████████████████    ████████████████████
           █████████████████     ████████████ 

............................................Decentralized affiliate platform...........................................
▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▮ ▬
Facebook   Twitter   ANN Thread   White Paper   Telegram   Medium

[/
WastedLTC

Activity: 552

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:54:27 PM

Curious...   I still have two original Jupiters (original batch).    They worth anything these days?    I shut them down in September when my power was no longer free :/

I assume the two power supplies are worth more than the miners.
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:57:30 PM

Curious...   I still have two original Jupiters (original batch).    They worth anything these days?    I shut them down in September when my power was no longer free :/

Not worth anything. Mine is still around. It made me 53 btc...it is in the basement under the workbench...I 'pat' it lovingly occasionally. It is like a beloved asic paperweight Smiley

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
WastedLTC

Activity: 552

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:59:47 PM

Not worth anything. Mine is still around. It made me 53 btc...it is in the basement under the workbench...I 'pat' it lovingly occasionally. It is like a beloved asic paperweight Smiley

Figured.   It's a memory and what a time it was when they first turned on.    The hashrate of the network wouldn't even be a dot on the current chart.   
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:38:15 PM

worthless even on hour/day one of a freshly released coin?

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1330

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:52:34 PM

Speaking of which I'm still fixing the miners, and as a service to the community I got the Titan 2.01 code running on a Beaglebone (Neptune) controller and posted the code on my other thread. Hopefully that will help people keep mining.

C
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1274

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 07:17:56 PM

I don't know of any decent SHA256 alt coins, or any that are planned unfortunately.

I had originally posited when ASICs quickly became more and more efficient that some decent SHA256 alt coins would be developed, and allow slower Asics to remain profitable.

However, that never happened. I think the ASIC manufacturers building large farms for much cheaper than the consumer, and all of the scams involving ASIC manufacturers, severely shifted the alt coin community's opinion of ASICs and SHA256. Their opinion on ASICs was already pretty dismal to begin with.

As a result, all decently speculatable alt coins that have been conceived since have decided to go with a different consensus algorithm or various forms of PoS algorithms.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 1820

#BEL+++

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 07:23:11 PM

I don't know of any decent SHA256 alt coins, or any that are planned unfortunately.

what about http://deutsche-emark.de/ ?

give it a try.  Wink
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1400

BitcoinQueue.com

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2017, 02:18:19 PM

For some of these early ASIC miners, there have been only 1 or 2 batches of them, i.e. hundreds, not even thousands. If Bitcoin is still a thing in twenty-something years, they could be worth about as much as an Apple I is today.

So, I keep my Saturn in the basement for future museum use... and educational purposes Grin
HeRetiK

Activity: 560

the forkings will continue until morale improves

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 03:00:10 PM

For some of these early ASIC miners, there have been only 1 or 2 batches of them, i.e. hundreds, not even thousands. If Bitcoin is still a thing in twenty-something years, they could be worth about as much as an Apple I is today.

So, I keep my Saturn in the basement for future museum use... and educational purposes Grin

Ha! There I was thinking I'm the only one. It really does feel like owning a piece of history Smiley

Entropy-uc

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 08:58:20 PM

I kept a few of my FPGA boards for the same reason.

I cant really seeing the Saturns commanding that much.  They weren't first generation, and the physical execution was junk.  Now the unanodized batch 1 Avalons, those will be something...
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:30:09 PM

I've got a bag full of Block Erupters in their original cases, I'll be rich one day! Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 2137 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.