Bitcoin Forum
November 18, 2017, 06:15:54 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 [2103] 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3006849 times)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2170

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:23:34 PM

Since Im inching closer to release every day and hopefully its right around the corner. Figured I would post a preview picture of the ADVANCED page. Shows the updated "Energy Saver" options, also note the blue progress banner at the top ... this banner will be on every major webgui page while "Energy Saver" is in progress. That banner will turn green when tuning is complete and awaiting user input (Selecting to keep the tuned settings or revert to pretuned settings" ... once selected it will do what the user selects then "Energy Saver" will be turned off and user selection applied.
The HELP page which you can see linked there, will provided a form of Q&A for users regarding "Energy Saver" and how it works.

Went looking for the code today to see how you are satisfying GPL licensing requirements but don't see anything in the repo aside from a README, how are you making the source available these days?

Well, there is no GPL licensed code in my installation file, so I dont have to make the source available for my mod if I dont want to. All of the code in my installation file is licensed under MIT which is KNC's license of choosing for their overall project. Furthermore, my changes to KNC's original code is sublicensed under my own modified BSD license w/ nonfree restrictions.
Ive trimmed out all the files I dont use. The upgrade installation file shrank significantly from 20MB or so, down to 3.2MB.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! <--- CLICK HERE
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
faetos

Activity: 582

gotta let a coin be a coin

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:09:29 PM

perhaps it would be more fitting if they were human centipede-d into a circle so they might spend eternity swallowing nothing but each others' shit... perhaps
+1 to that. Looks like their dream isn't working out.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1330

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 02:27:37 AM

And on a non-related note, I just figured out how to fix a Titan cube with 2 dead dies to hash at full speed.

It's Miller time!

Lightfoot
TXSteve

Activity: 340

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 03:59:22 AM

And on a non-related note, I just figured out how to fix a Titan cube with 2 dead dies to hash at full speed.

It's Miller time!

Lightfoot

congrats, what was wrong with it?
Searing
Legendary

Activity: 1540

Tips for help? 1BzbfMHCrTeLjc7eCGrYVhH3QXSRodSuke

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:04:47 AM

It's Miller time!

Lightfoot

Lightfoot

Not sure it is worth it to try. Cost and otherwise to send you this cube.

BUT have a KNC 'supposedly' 'unrepairable' 2 dies' titan cube. When kNC got swamp'd with RMA's they gave folk a 'choice' of taking 2 1/2 working cubes
to replace one fully NOT working RMA cube sent in. OR you could wait as they 'nicely' put it 4-6 weeks MAYBE get a new fully working cube.

(really got to hand it to these guys..just typing this they can still piss me off) Sad

anyway it is DOWN to one working die at 325mh. If you want the challenge and it don't cost too much. I can send it to you for bragging rights. Bet you could fix it Smiley

bet they did not even try back at that point of time on the 'swamp of' RMA returned cubes them first couple of months....back in the day of 2014.

Say a RMA  Cube with 2 working dies comes in for replacement likely went right out the door in
the above 2 for one deal on a different RMA ..bingo bango.....(ah...KNC evil sure works)

anyway just thought you'd get a hoot out of this Smiley

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
TXSteve

Activity: 340

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 05:08:37 PM

It's Miller time!

Lightfoot

Lightfoot

BUT have a KNC 'supposedly' 'unrepairable' 2 dies' titan cube. When kNC got swamp'd with RMA's they gave folk a 'choice' of taking 2 1/2 working cubes
to replace one fully NOT working RMA cube sent in. OR you could wait as they 'nicely' put it 4-6 weeks MAYBE get a new fully working cube.

(really got to hand it to these guys..just typing this they can still piss me off) Sad

anyway it is DOWN to one working die at 325mh. If you want the challenge and it don't cost too much. I can send it to you for bragging rights. Bet you could fix it Smiley

bet they did not even try back at that point of time on the 'swamp of' RMA returned cubes them first couple of months....back in the day of 2014.

Say a RMA  Cube with 2 working dies comes in for replacement likely went right out the door in
the above 2 for one deal on a different RMA ..bingo bango.....(ah...KNC evil sure works)

I have a cube with 2 bad dies also, got it on ebay so I knew in advance -- but would be fun to get em working
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1330

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 22, 2016, 06:35:42 PM

CRAP! Short summary, may be unstable after powering down and up. There may be a reason they disabled the dies. That's why testing includes powering everything down for 4 hours then a restart and retest before shipping :-)

Ug. Crap crap crap crap crap.
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 10:38:32 AM

It's Miller time!

Lightfoot

Lightfoot

I have a cube with 2 bad dies also, got it on ebay so I knew in advance -- but would be fun to get em working

yep that's the one I'm talking about Smiley Then again all knc stuff is 'evil' thus they will try to make a 'break for it' and get lost in the mail ...effectively bricking themselves in the 'mail'
as a doorstop on some poor unsuspecting persons stoop......

again evil they are..Smiley

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2016, 04:51:43 PM

This next release ...... soon to become a reality!!!!!! woohoo =)
Final touches are in testing, hopefully no major bugs!

Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
Mattzees

Activity: 120

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:06:14 AM

Hey Everybody,

I sold the last of my cubes, but if one of you super geniuses needs a Titan Controller board to mess with, I have one for sale here...

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=29018

--Matt
Searing
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 03:20:28 AM

ah crap....as I sit here looking at the following parts

raspberry pi B+ 512mb

titan clone bridge (thanks qberty)

my knc Jupiter 550gh Nov 2013 4 port card with beagle bone still attached (must come off)

my Titan LCD gizmo from the 6 port Titan setup

the replacement (free) (new even) Corsair ax 1200i PSU from my 15 month RMA'd one that was 'fading' again
impressed with Corsair ..they could have refused warranty on 1) not ul listed equip and/or too exotic 2) normal
wear an tear on an titan ASIC 24/7 is not normal use....told them the truth even..they sent me new one w/o a
squeak)

my 1 die working Titan cube (30 ltc) I got to try NOT to blow up for this purpose

so heck if you get that new glen tarkin firmware out etc etc...I will then be 'compelled' to put this all
together and see if it works....(been stalling ...I'm a coward)

oh well.....at least I have the 'comfort' of ....if this works ...I will have brought forth .. a NEW evil KNC product
of the Titan variety...bruahahaha .... great we can MAYBE if this works 'spawn' new (I blame Qberty he was first
with the cloned titan board Smiley ) using Controller boards from
Jupiter/Saturn/Mercury/Neptune boards from day one to day last that were made to our 'evil' purposes

(digs out Voodoo for Dummies book....orders 5 gallon bucket of chicken entrails'  best to be prepared to 'appease'
the dark forces of this project I shall attempt Smiley

but again your firmware comes out I can no longer stall Sad

alas 'evil' never waits Smiley

pics shall be made available of

1) the fire damage/carnage etc (likely)

2) a working 'evil' newly hatched Titan Controller

sheesh I have to get out more Smiley

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 04:07:00 AM

raspberry pi B+ 512mb

my knc Jupiter 550gh Nov 2013 4 port card with beagle bone still attached (must come off)

the replacement (free) (new even) Corsair ax 1200i PSU from my 15 month RMA'd one that was 'fading' again
impressed with Corsair ..they could have refused warranty on 1) not ul listed equip and/or too exotic 2) normal
wear an tear on an titan ASIC 24/7 is not normal use....told them the truth even..they sent me new one w/o a
squeak)

my 1 die working Titan cube (30 ltc) I got to try NOT to blow up for this purpose

so heck if you get that new glen tarkin firmware out etc etc...I will then be 'compelled' to put this all

oh well.....at least I have the 'comfort' of ....if this works ...I will have brought forth .. a NEW evil KNC product
of the Titan variety...bruahahaha .... great we can MAYBE if this works 'spawn' new (I blame Qberty he was first
Jupiter/Saturn/Mercury/Neptune boards from day one to day last that were made to our 'evil' purposes

(digs out Voodoo for Dummies book....orders 5 gallon bucket of chicken entrails'  best to be prepared to 'appease'

Lol!!! So.... Ive never quite figured this out, but why do you call me 'Glen Tarkin' ? LOL!

Searing
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 05:31:19 AM

raspberry pi B+ 512mb

squeak)

Lol!!! So.... Ive never quite figured this out, but why do you call me 'Glen Tarkin' ? LOL!

er oops....it would be nice if you could just change your name to that...less hassle in that I will likely 'finger flub' your
name in the future...just saying Smiley

▀
   ▄▄▄   ▄▀
   ███ ▄▄▄▄  ██
       ████
    ▄  ▀▀▀▀
▄▄
      ██    ▀▀
██▄█▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀███▀▀▀
██████████████████
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███▀▀▀▀▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀███ ▀
████▄▀▄▀▄▀████████
▀█████████████████
]
CoinPayments
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
█████
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████ ██
█████
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:57:07 PM

Question for ya all....

My Titan keeps causing my PSU's modular power connectors to eventually melt after like months and months of steady use. I think it may be because of crappy modular cable connectors n connections to the PSU.
The titan side of things - including the Y adapters remain in good shape.

So, Im wondering

Has anyone tried powering their Titans w/ one of these 2000w server PSU's using the breakout boards sold here on the forums to much success? Im just wondering if these breakout boards plus decent PCIe cables would be better for the Titan or not.
Looks like the controller board & pi would both have to still be powered by a seperate ATX psu to supply 5v ... is this ok to do?
Thanks

hawkfish007

Activity: 730

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:08:01 PM

Question for ya all....

My Titan keeps causing my PSU's modular power connectors to eventually melt after like months and months of steady use. I think it may be because of crappy modular cable connectors n connections to the PSU.

So, Im wondering

Has anyone tried powering their Titans w/ one of these 2000w server PSU's using the breakout boards sold here on the forums to much success? Im just wondering if these breakout boards plus decent PCIe cables would be better for the Titan or not.
Looks like the controller board & pi would both have to still be powered by a seperate ATX psu to supply 5v ... is this ok to do?
Thanks

I used IBM 2880W w/ Finksy/J4bberwock board for months until I shipped the 2880W PSUs to a hosting place. I used J4bberwock 12V to 5V converter so ATX PSU wasn't needed. I now power each Titan with EVGA 1600W PSU, no issues for the last 2-3 months.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:54:23 PM

Question for ya all....

So, Im wondering

Thanks

I used IBM 2880W w/ Finksy/J4bberwock board for months until I shipped the 2880W PSUs to a hosting place. I used J4bberwock 12V to 5V converter so ATX PSU wasn't needed. I now power each Titan with EVGA 1600W PSU, no issues for the last 2-3 months.

What was more effecient the server PSU or ATX PSU?

Also, do u know if the 12v -> 5v is still available for sale?

hawkfish007

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:07:28 PM

Question for ya all....

So, Im wondering

Thanks

EVGA T2 and P2 are more efficient, IBM 2980W should be on par with the P2 w/o the fan pack, but you need fans to run 2980W PSU. My PDU shows 1 less amp after switching from 2 2880W to 1 EVGA T2 and 2 P2s for 3 Titans. I got the converter from Finksy, contact him to see if he has any left.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:14:26 PM

Question for ya all....

So, Im wondering

Thanks

EVGA T2 and P2 are more efficient, IBM 2980W should be on par with the P2 w/o the fan pack, but you need fans to run 2980W PSU. My PDU shows 1 less amp after switching from 2 2880W to 1 EVGA T2 and 2 P2s for 3 Titans. I got the converter from Finksy, contact him to see if he has any left.

Well, I only need for 1 Titan, do I still need the fans?
Also, do you know by any chance how that PSU would compare to the 2000w one? effeciency wise?

hawkfish007

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 07:17:58 PM

Question for ya all....

So, Im wondering

Thanks

Well, I only need for 1 Titan, do I still need the fans?
Also, do you know by any chance how that PSU would compare to the 2000w one? effeciency wise?

Not sure about 2000W PSU efficiency but I am sure somebody with info will chime in. I have IBM 2880, 2980 and 2000W server PSUs, only 2980W has platinum logo.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 29, 2016, 01:06:04 AM

ah... so close...
heres a pic to show progress..... build autotune51(now 52 as of today) LOL!!!! never thought would be this many! Cant wait till that reads V1.0.0 or w/e version I go with.... =)

Pages: « 1 ... 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 [2103] 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.