Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:35:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 [2098] 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049421 times)
TXSteve

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 12:12:01 AM

what I meant was ALL the Jupiter 4/6 port 2013 boards in their data hall were used on neppies and titans imho ..why make when you can 'recycle' them ....in that they work with a bridge for the pi on the titan etc....so 4 month delay.....swapping out Jupiter cubes for neppie cubes....in the data hall ...then the remaining Jupiters are replaced after the neppie owners get their units 4 months late (with prob some above boards) same for titans

Wow.  Searing isn't so dumb.  Why does everyone say that about him?   Grin

take your pick:

a - he's a savant
b - recent blow to the head
c - self deprecating humor
d - all of the above

:|

I'll be busy scraping the paint off one of my titan cubes to see if it says Neptune underneath

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 01:32:54 AM

Im sorry, I know you guys want this drama to quit ... hopefully it will but I just have to state something really quick. Something I realized today and find quite ironic.

Knowing that hes sending out emails to all customers and trying to push them to buy his fake version ... I find this situation funny. Hes NEVER put this much effort into selling my firmware, when we were partners he put little effort into marketing, at one point called it tedious and hated doing it, he made attempts to at first but never delivered on some things I requested of him .. in marketing realm.
>>> Fast forward to now , a month after he abandons the project... hes working harder than ever at marketing against me. Hes marketing broken code that could very well break peoples hardware. Ramming sales attempts down peoples throats ... all to just make a quick and shitty buck.

Vegasguy is working harder at stealing from me then he ever worked at marketing for me.

Also, ironic given this whole situation ... he always told me while we were partners: "I could care less about the money" ... obviously a blantant lie now proven.
You would rather steal from me, break peoples hardware and put so much effort into doing so.
If your a fucking millionaire ... why the fuck are you doing this to me and peoples machines?!

Its the principle. What you did to me was disgraceful, im still in disbelief. I worked with you EVERY DAY on this. I talked to you multiple times a day about this project, then when you decide you dont need me anymore you setup a secret website and then demand the clients info. Its ALL principle. People think your some kind of saint, and I did too. Maybe this is my fault. When I met you, you were never greedy , and were giving this software away for free. Now Ive shown you how much you can make and how, you now value money and greed over everything else. So maybe it is my fault for showing you whats possible. You were NEVER like this. I told you how hurt I was by you. I told you I was devistated. It was true. You never once asked why. Because you KNEW the reason. Im telling you how hurt I am that you have backstabbed me, and then you ask for the client emails!?!?!? What does THAT say about you??  Look at the chat log.  Ive never so betrayed by anyone in my entire life. I was nothing but good to you 100%, and for you to setup a secret website and then ask for the client emails, so you can keep all the profits, you should be ashamed of your self and embarrassed.

If it was you telling the story it would read like this:

Vegas left me, and is selling unfinished software. That is so far from the truth it isnt even funny.

The real truth: Ive been selling this software for months. The one that we worked on together EVERY SINGLE DAY. Everything was fine until you setup that secret website, then you wanted to drop me as soon as possible, but wait you need the client data , so you came and asked me for it.  Who is the scumbag now? THAT is what really happened. So suck it up, you stabbed ME in the back, and now you want to blame ME?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! You need to check your morals and ethics, you have changed a lot and NOT for the better.

The software has been running on my miners for weeks and flawless, its legally forked and is mine. You wanted me out of the picture to keep 100% of the profits, well , now you can, so what are you complaining about?

If this so called software you were giving me to test damages hardware, did you even ONCE warn me? Did you care? NO. If you say different prove it. You were having my expensive mining cubes test your software that damages hardware according to you, and never warned me even once. YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware. Now suddenly it breaks hardware, thats the first time youve EVER said those words. Your something else. People WILL find out the real you, the mask you wear will fall off, give it time.

Vegas

Now Gentarkin there is a way for me to remove all traces of my forked software and its this:

Admit on this thread, that you planned in secret to end our business relationship so you could keep all the profits. Admit you setup that secret website for the sole purpose of getting rid of me and setting up your own site, so you can keep all the profits and not as a "backup". Admit that we spoke MULTIPLE times every day, and I was a major part of this project and a major influence. Admit that I was 100% true to you and never wronged you when we were working together.

Do these things and be sincere and I will end the Ebay sales, and close the portion of my site selling the titan software.

Thats what this has been about the whole time. I feel back stabbed and betrayed, and I wanted you to feel just a portion of my pain.

Vegas
OK OK OK, I will admit to one thing and one thing only, because its the ONLY THING youve said that rings anywhere NEAR the truth. That is, that a one point we were speaking nearly daily.
For the rest of what you ask, I will not admit. I cant admit to something I didnt do.

Sure, I set up a secret website ... reasons have ALREADY been talked about several times and even several times I mention in the FULL CHAT LOGS posted.
What matters, and what it comes down to.... no matter how much you feel "betrayed or backstabbed" ... I did nothing of the sort. I OFFERED YOU RELEVANT ACCESS TO MY NEW SITE. I OFFERED THE SAME PROFIT SPLITTING. I OFFERED EVERY POWER YOU ALREADY HAD ... except that on my site, those powers would be SHARED with me. (Tell me, how is that betrayal or backstabbing?!) YOU EAGERLY DECLINED AND VANISHED! Taking off with what should have been shared from the beginning - the customer db. I have a right to know who my customers are. This is my project for crying out loud! I should know anything I want to about it!

Even if I did admit to your false accusations, sure ... you may remove ur ebay ad & firmware page on ur site .... then you would have ur laugh and bring it right back up. When u left, according to the chat logs you said u would leave and shut everything down ... OH LOOK YOU HAVENT! ... you are really a man of your word!

And you know, another thing I have to correct about your initial post on the last page. You keep saying & thinking I never implemented any of your ideas, you said that like 3 or 4 times in that post alone. You need to get your facts straight ... I implemented a decent number of them while we were working together, I even listed them out and you agreed at one point. But to this day you accuse me of being so closed minded and never implementing anything you suggested.

Honestly, someone who comes into a project and has a "true helping heart" - doesnt become so obsessed about the sales - that when asked to share that control & responsibility over sales - doesnt just run off and start stealing everything my brain has been working hard at for like over half a year.

Your version of that "true helping heart" is ... become part of a project - offer "help" - gain control of sales - doesnt share anything when asked(sale responsbility & customer data) - abandons project when no longer can control original project - starts stealing out of pure spite.

Lastly, theres no way you have a fork of my code. You never had access to my private repo. All you *may* have is a new repo you created based off my code.
oh and ... LOL! ... dude
"If this so called software you were giving me to test damages hardware, did you even ONCE warn me? Did you care? NO. If you say different prove it. You were having my expensive mining cubes test your software that damages hardware according to you, and never warned me even once. YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware. Now suddenly it breaks hardware, thats the first time youve EVER said those words."
- The warning about risk to hardware is on the freaking webgui ... has been since day one.

But in all seriousness, as with any code... a lot of bug squishing(what I did w/ you for months) is finding out why something took an unexpected turn and take action to correct it.... well guess what, many of those moments have crept up since your version of the test code. Hence why it can be a higher risk to run on hardware.
On a more serious note ...
"YOU NEVER tested it on YOUR hardware"
is completely and absolutely 100% FALSE  -- as with the rest of your lies.

Seriously ... go to your flycoin and other of your many coins youve made tens of thousands on.   Leave my pennies to me!
Just leave in peace.

some free advice sir for your current issues.

1. put him on ignor

2. give him neg rep

3. laugh every day

4. move on.

it's about all you can do and I suspect your energies would be better spent elsewhere.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 07:00:16 AM

what I meant was ALL the Jupiter 4/6 port 2013 boards in their data hall were used on neppies and titans imho ..why make when you can 'recycle' them ....in that they work with a bridge for the pi on the titan etc....so 4 month delay.....swapping out Jupiter cubes for neppie cubes....in the data hall ...then the remaining Jupiters are replaced after the neppie owners get their units 4 months late (with prob some above boards) same for titans

Wow.  Searing isn't so dumb.  Why does everyone say that about him?   Grin

yeah to clarify the above..i'm talking about the 4/6 port boards being the same in everything...ever made by knc up and thru use on the neptunes and titans....
lazy/fast/cheap and late KNC's motto Smiley If i 'get' that 2nd oct 2013 saturn board I will try to just direct pin the wires w/o a daughter board to a pi for the titan
and I'd be the odds of it working is better then 90%....still have no time/days off to get to the clone daughter board test on my oct jupiter 4 port card....

too much to do too little time

as to the dumb question no doubt I am....all this tech stuff is beyond my normal day to day work and experiences...out in the sticks by myself....(sure can't mention
bitcoin ..last time that happened a  plumber saw my stuff I said bitcoin..and have not heard from the guy since..how many of you had your bank sic the SEC on you
when in 2013 'btc was evil' ? at least in 2015 they just thing of me like a 'deluded Amway Salesman' when the topic comes up....damn I need to start a crypto club
or something.....its like the frigging "I am Legend" movie around here and don't even have a dog..btc wise that is....

probably because I am the dumb...I realize my limitations (esp as a newbie....bfl drank the kool aid....alpha tech put 30% down got it back because if you have an American
Express Gold Card..and alpha lies on the invoice that I paid in FULL and I can prove I paid 1/3  pre-order.....well never heard an amex rep swear before...gave me refund on the spot
with a point to the web page on the pre-order info...I gather one does not LIE to AMEX ..they were 'miffed'

so I've made ALL the mistakes since 2013 (more if you count not getting in BEFORE 2013) Sad

that aside..you got to understand I work with the 'dev disabled' in a 'deaf blind' house as awake overnight staff...thus have lots of time (and permission) to mess around on the computer
when things are och and taken care of ...my bosses LOVE the fact I've done this for years and no turn over..and stay awake etc etc

So I admit that my grammar and the rest in a 'tossed out in 5 min post' is not the best answer sometimes here at work..but on the other hand I'm getting paid to reply to some of this stuff...so you got to take what I say with that in mind and a grain of salt

/ignore is always an option......many do ...feel free....

but again I have no clue...occasionally I trip over something ...but most of the time the tech and coder types simply indulge me....explain something ..and I move on

(If I as the 'wounded wilder beast" can keep up with the rest of the herd...well that imho means that any brighter 'newbie' has a better leg up when he trips over topics/replies
I reply on with questions...only as strong as the weakest link...if the goal is to take this 'mainstream' btc and crypto in general...sometimes 'obvious' questions are needed

we imho are already seeing from the btc devs...a bit of that ....we know all ...get in line ....no need to explain..my way or the highway...has to move beyond for such 'tech types' to the regular guy ..who is gonna use btc etc and not give a damn about halving and bitcoin core and the rest...

so I muddle along asking the dumb questions no one else will ....trying to make my clueless-ness of some use

but considering I have the tech skills of hamster.....I've levered myself up about as far as possible....now if others say...bitcoin devs..would lever themselves up a bit more
on PR and informing the rest of us...and put some ego aside and do that same....well .....it might not be as efficient a way to promote crypto and btc ...but hell at le..ast
it would be less intimidating to the (hopeful) future newbies to this circus tent..Smiley

but KNC is pretty transparent....if their is an 'EVIL' angle... they can get theirs first (just ask the Neptune pre-order folk shoved last in line for 4 months while they filled
their data hall  up first) they will do so ..looking thru that prism...it is NOT a big deal...ie their RMA tech support on cubes was mostly from what I think was simply fixing
thermal paste..from shoddy temp workers (their info) as they slam'd units out the door (for neppie and titan) big whoop.

if so well hell at least it is interesting as hell as something for me to do at work Smiley

and there is the fact clueless or not....KNC did not WIN I have ROI'd on all my stuff and all is well....that is a big deal to me....I 'escaped' the 'shafting' that they fully
expected to Neptune and Titan owners with their 4 month late and in the Titan's case...somewhat 'dubious' firmware.....

so bitcointalk and this thread is a 'testament' to the efforts to overcome the 'lemons' these units were on the above and make lemonade ...between glen tarkin's efforts and lightfoot's efforts we are in a heck of a lot better position in FEB 2016 then I'd have ever guessed

and always remember ..the NEPTUNE or the TITAN is the worlds BEST space heater! As long as it makes 1c more then 'old tech regular" space hearters per month in electric use...that can never be taken away from us here...(well till they 'brick themselves anyway" they are 'evil' knc spawn don't ya know) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 10:15:38 AM

as to the dumb question no doubt I am....

My point is, your theory about the controller boards and the delivery timeline is the best one I've heard yet, and if it's true, you may have just "reverse engineered" the controller boards without actually reverse engineering one.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:58:16 AM

as to the dumb question no doubt I am....

My point is, your theory about the controller boards and the delivery timeline is the best one I've heard yet, and if it's true, you may have just "reverse engineered" the controller boards without actually reverse engineering one.

yeah well ..even a blind hedgehog occasionally finds a 'truffle'

on a side note

looking at the wayback machine archives..if I was to download all of them....and attempt a merge of such to get (hopefully) on kinda sorta complete (at least as far as the wayback machine archives are concerned) knc forums thread mirror.....

does someone with more expertise then me know of a program to do such

or

would it be a simple manner of just extracting all onto a hard drive 'ASSUMING' the web page threads are 'unique' to the pages/forums in question and just plain
copying over the same web links over and over ...which means ANY links DIFFERENT after this would expand the particular wayback merged archive I'm trying to make?

or

is there a better 'comp sci' process etc?

the reason just ONE newest archive is not good enough imho ..is KNC techs killed a lot of stuff that made them look stupid .others on here can verify such in that for a time you could do a search and see all the deleted posts they had tried to make (the techs of knc in 20/20 hindsight and glen tarkins efforts as comparison were more then kinda inept imho)

so on some archives i get down to the title of a forum post and it is not there ...so either

1) the wayback machine is hit and miss on how deep it delves branch/tree wise down with files ..and a lot is lost

or

2) it exists on some and not others an willy nilly catch all catch can and only a complete merge of all the archives available will give us the truth

anyway suggestions or hell tell me if it is a lost cause and only individual archives can be accessed at a time and not merged in the somewhat 'unexpert' manner I suggest

just ticks me off I never archived the works properly....lots of lost tech info on there (mostly from the users)

thanks

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
tolip_wen

Activity: 386

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:38:44 PM

RE: The "Y" cables.
kfc actually got it right on the 28nm Oct. PC boards.
There was a place on the PCB to install another power connector.
Top left in the pic linked below.
http://www.toboc.com/images/tradeleads/453658_hr.jpg

When kfc discovered they were in over their head understanding how to operate the General Electric DC/DC converters in pairs, and ALSO changed to Ericsson, they removed the option from the PCB to save the cost of a connector, 8 drill holes, and 6 power vias. They abandoned and removed a better solution than the "Y" cables.
On the 28nm product this almost makes sense, on the 20nm product they can't claim ignorance because they themselves used to have a better solution.
They eventually spent on just the shipping for the "Y" cables many times what the PCB solution provided, even if they got the "Y" cables for free.

BTW, kfc had the exact same issues with the Ericsson DC/DC converters, but they needed a scapegoat because of FIRE, and a local manufacturer(Ericsson) was willing to ride in and save the day. The same problen GE and/or Ericsson engineers solved in kfc's firmware could just have easily been applied to the GE part. Recall they announced that they "flew in" a GE engineer when they were in FIRE damage control mode.
And they did make changes in the firmware for existing GE product.

Disclaimer: I have a biased negative opinion of Ericsson that has more to do with assholes in the US distribution chain(Mark Oswald of Ericsson in particular) than I have issues with the quality of the product. Both manufacturers make parts that work equally with kfc's ASICs.

kfc's ignorant DC/DC converter decisions are also connected with their other huge blunder, the 5 cubes instead of 4 idiocy.
If they had added 2 DC/DC converters to each ASIC PCB they could have avoided needing 5 cubes.
They could have at the same time re-added a power connector and split the 12V rail on the PCB in 1/2 IMPROVING SAFETY!!!
The whole issue with some split rail PSU's would have been eliminated.
You can't run 1 die on 2.5 DC/DC converters but you can run 2 die on 5 converters!
They needed 25% more(than planned) rare ASICs to accomplish this.
This is also why I have speculated that 1 delayed delivery ASIC costs way way way less than 8 DC/DC converters.
They must have known they were burning the bridge to their customers at the same time.
Keep in mind, they were also 'customers' and delayed filling their data center and ended up with 20%less hashing power per ASIC also.

They poured sand in the astroglide very early and often.
Frugal to a FAULT. I hope they live long 'interesting' lives and the Black Hole investors take them to the cleaners if possible.

YMMV
Smiley

'twisted research and opinion' donations happily accepted @
13362fxFAdrhagmCvSmFy4WoHrNRPG2V57
My sub 1337 vanity address Wink
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:22:59 AM

Small update here on firmware progress....

I rewrote the "Energy Saver" controls to be simpler and more intuitive. Primarily because trying to compensate for nearly every situation a user could want became too great of a task w/ endless options and potential bugs.

There is still a freaking anomaly bug happening when user has dies set to odd configurations (off / outside the voltage parameters of "energy saver") ... Im still trying to track down why stuff aint working correctly in these more rare situations. Once I have that ironed out ... should be real damn close to release! .... crosses fingers!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
psy112

Activity: 346

psygambler

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 09:54:08 AM

I rewrote the "Energy Saver" controls to be simpler and more intuitive. Primarily because trying to compensate for nearly every situation a user could want became too great of a task w/ endless options and potential bugs.

There is still a freaking anomaly bug happening when user has dies set to odd configurations (off / outside the voltage parameters of "energy saver") ... Im still trying to track down why stuff aint working correctly in these more rare situations. Once I have that ironed out ... should be real damn close to release! .... crosses fingers!

Im wondering is there any guidelines for volt setting on the dies? like what volt it should be between for 325 etc

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2016, 04:09:00 PM

Im wondering is there any guidelines for volt setting on the dies? like what volt it should be between for 325 etc

Definite rule is voltage less than -0.0366 is recommended at 325mhz. Each die varies in quality which determines what speeds and voltage it can run at reliably. -0.0366 is fine for 325mhz long as its the only die in the cube at that voltage. Running all 4 dies at that voltage at 325mhz increases chances of melting stuff drastically.
My upcoming firmware will try to find the most reliably / lowest voltage for each die at the clockspeed they are set to.
So, basically any dies which u set to 325 / -0.0366v when starting the "Energy Saver" on my firmware, will have their voltage stepped down until their HW% climbs above 1.1% or they become unstable. Once either of those conditions is hit their voltage is bumped up one notch and tuning is completed for that die.

So, if you have really good dies(my titan has a few) ... I usually start my tuning at -0.0439 @ 325mhz .... some of my dies will end up stable and happy around -0.0732v after tuning is completed. While the worse of my dies (just 1 or 2) have to be bumped up to -0.0366 to run  decent hw%. While my average dies end up being tuned to -0.0513 / -0.0586. This is all after tuning completes =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
psy112

Activity: 346

psygambler

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2016, 07:31:32 PM

Definite rule is voltage less than -0.0366 is recommended at 325mhz. Each die varies in quality which determines what speeds and voltage it can run at reliably. -0.0366 is fine for 325mhz long as its the only die in the cube at that voltage. Running all 4 dies at that voltage at 325mhz increases chances of melting stuff drastically.
My upcoming firmware will try to find the most reliably / lowest voltage for each die at the clockspeed they are set to.
So, basically any dies which u set to 325 / -0.0366v when starting the "Energy Saver" on my firmware, will have their voltage stepped down until their HW% climbs above 1.1% or they become unstable. Once either of those conditions is hit their voltage is bumped up one notch and tuning is completed for that die.

So, if you have really good dies(my titan has a few) ... I usually start my tuning at -0.0439 @ 325mhz .... some of my dies will end up stable and happy around -0.0732v after tuning is completed. While the worse of my dies (just 1 or 2) have to be bumped up to -0.0366 to run  decent hw%. While my average dies end up being tuned to -0.0513 / -0.0586. This is all after tuning completes =)

Thanks for that answer, I have struggled on knowing which way to tune the volt, up or down ;P Looking forward to the update on you firmware, bought it today and it works great so far

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 12:27:49 AM

Thanks for that answer, I have struggled on knowing which way to tune the volt, up or down ;P Looking forward to the update on you firmware, bought it today and it works great so far

Awesome! Thanks for ur purchase and support. News of new release of firmware will be on my site and of course in this topic .. when it comes out =)

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 2222

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 03:35:22 AM

I am starting to come to the conclusion that dead dies on Titans might be related to the heat sink compound being splatted on the chip a bit oddly. So far it's not related to the power supplies, main caps, filtering caps, or the fpga's. It still *MIGHT* be related to the very small chips that sit between the 10 pin connections and the hashing chip, but I do not think so.

Anyone know what the very small chips on the board are?
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:37:38 AM

I am starting to come to the conclusion that dead dies on Titans might be related to the heat sink compound being splatted on the chip a bit oddly. So far it's not related to the power supplies, main caps, filtering caps, or the fpga's. It still *MIGHT* be related to the very small chips that sit between the 10 pin connections and the hashing chip, but I do not think so.

It may just be heat related to the dies...afterall.. We have no idea what their temps even are! Lol  Which would tie into ur theory bout the bad shoddy tim application.

mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 12:28:08 PM

I am pretty sire the small chip son the board are fuses I blew one on one of my cubes
wolverine5pl

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 09:35:39 PM

I recently bought titan on eBay.  One cube got damaged Durring transport.  Heatsink lose (screw holding it got lose)  which i think is common.  I managed to put it back with some DIY.  Was hashing fine.  Then unplugged it and now its dead and on top of it psu shuts down when connected to that cube.  Any idea why? How to fix it?

,,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄µ,.               
           ,╔▄▓▓██████████████▓▄▄,           
        ╓╗▓▓██████████████████████▓▄µ       
      ╔▄████████████████████████████▓▓╦     
    ╔╣▓████████▀` ▀███████▀` ╙█████████▌m   
   ╔▓████████▌`     ▀██▓▀      ▐████████▓N   
  ╔▓██████████▓▄      └      ,███████████▓N 
 ╔▓█████▓▀▀█████▓▄         ╓██████▓`▓█████▓H
 ╫█████╨   `█████▀         ▓████▀     ▀████▒
,╫████▄      `▓▀             ▀▀      ,▓████▌H
:╣██████▄           ,▓██           ╓███████▓H
 ╫████████K        ▓█████Ñ        ╫████████▌`
 ╠▓█████▀`          ╙██▓           `▀██████Ñ
 `╫███▀`      ▄▄            ,▄▄       ▀███▌`
  `╣██▓▄    ▄████▄        ,▓████▄    ,▄██▌` 
   `╨███▓▄▓████████▌    ╓█████████▄▄▄███▀`   
     ╙▀██████████████▌▄███████████████▀╨     
       ╙▀██████████████████████████▓▀╨`     
         `╨▀▓███████████████████▓▀╨`         
            ``╨▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀╨``           
                   ```````
AdultChain
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
   ██   
Discord
ANN
       ████▓▄▄▐████╒▄▄▓███▌
       `██████▐████▐█████▀
          ╙▀▀▀▐████`▀▀▀`
              ▐████
        ▄▓████▐████▐███▓▄
       ▓██████▐████▐██████▄
       ████    ▀▓▀┘   ▓████
       ████    ███    ▓████
       ████   ▐███▄   ▓████
       ████  ║█████M  ▓████
       ████  ▐M███▌   ▓████
       ████  ▄████    ▓████
       ████  ████▓    ▓████     
       ████  ▓█ ▀█▌   ▓████
       ████  ▓█  ╙█∩  ▓████
       ████  █▌   ▀█  ▓████
       ████  ▀⌐    ▀▄ ▓████
       ████  ║▌    ╓█ ▓████
       ███████████████████▀
        ▀▓██████████████▀
   ██   
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:52:10 AM

I recently bought titan on eBay.  One cube got damaged Durring transport.  Heatsink lose (screw holding it got lose)  which i think is common.  I managed to put it back with some DIY.  Was hashing fine.  Then unplugged it and now its dead and on top of it psu shuts down when connected to that cube.  Any idea why? How to fix it?

Um. What speed were you hashing at? And um... How did you put the heat sink back on?

And um.... can you take a picture of the board? I run a repair service for sad Titans, but I'm wondering what happened to this one.
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:42:36 AM

Any pointers on repairing burnt power connectors on cubes ?
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:52:01 AM

Any pointers on repairing burnt power connectors on cubes ?
You need full pre-heat in order to heat that part of the board up enough to have a chance of getting it off without pulling up the VIAs. Mask the chip with aluminum foil under the board and give it everything you can, 375 degrees if possible. Then heat at 450c to get it off.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 04:53:38 AM

By the way if anyone has the brain-search power to figure out what a TSOT6 chip with Z17C or Z17R or THR is, I would appreciate. I'm thinking linear power regulator to run the hotel circuits on the chip, but without specs I can't figure out what is a signal input and what is an output to the chip's cores.

Note: This is not what I am looking for here....

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:44:14 AM

By the way if anyone has the brain-search power to figure out what a TSOT6 chip with Z17C or Z17R or THR is, I would appreciate. I'm thinking linear power regulator to run the hotel circuits on the chip, but without specs I can't figure out what is a signal input and what is an output to the chip's cores.

Note: This is not what I am looking for here....

Do you have a pic of it?  Do you know what pins you're looking at, just don't know which is which?
Pages: « 1 ... 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 2084 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 [2098] 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: