Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:09:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:41:59 AM

This company obviously is months and months in releasing anything close to a prototype. From their latest news letter they need our money to fund their ASIC project. Since they don't have any money right now, nothing is happening or being done. They have been talking behind closed doors for many weeks now on how they can get A LOT of money from people without delivering anything for a long time. Basically a bunch of loans from everyone with no guarantee you'll even get paid back. So the best thing they could come up with is trying to lure us in by offering a cheap 6 GH toy for almost $3000 so they can use that money to start their ASIC project. If they could offer a 20 GH then it could possibly be a very enticing deal to try out.

In reality no one wants to dump $3000 into an idea anymore. BFL has already stung enough people and we are pretty much sick of giving our hard earned money to endless lies and failed deadlines. And yes, I bring BFL's failure right into this thread because it could very well turn into the same thing.

PLEASE people, if you are smart, not greedy, don't just give away your money to another product that doesn't even exist.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 07:51:45 AM

$ 2,795.00 for 6 GH FPGA? Hmmm  Shocked
$ 7,000.00 for 250 GH ASIC(?) seems much better deal...

That can't be correct. $3000 for 6GH? And it's not even an ASIC? I don't get it.

its magic .. ya know like a card trick.

< > < > < >

^^ ok where is the red queen? in the middle? left? right?

Wait wait let me shuffle..

< > < > < >

^^ ok now where is the queen? How much ya wanna bet? 

lol

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 08:30:39 AM

This company obviously is months and months in releasing anything close to a prototype. From their latest news letter they need our money to fund their ASIC project. Since they don't have any money right now, nothing is happening or being done. They have been talking behind closed doors for many weeks now on how they can get A LOT of money from people without delivering anything for a long time. Basically a bunch of loans from everyone with no guarantee you'll even get paid back. So the best thing they could come up with is trying to lure us in by offering a cheap 6 GH toy for almost $3000 so they can use that money to start their ASIC project. If they could offer a 20 GH then it could possibly be a very enticing deal to try out.

In reality no one wants to dump $3000 into an idea anymore. BFL has already stung enough people and we are pretty much sick of giving our hard earned money to endless lies and failed deadlines. And yes, I bring BFL's failure right into this thread because it could very well turn into the same thing.

PLEASE people, if you are smart, not greedy, don't just give away your money to another product that doesn't even exist.

Looks like something out of an Ed Trice play book.
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 10:06:18 AM

May be they will change the price of the 6gh/s miner or goes back to their original plan... we are just waiting. Probably they need a long time to think it over...
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 12:11:41 PM

$ 2,795.00 for 6 GH FPGA? Hmmm  Shocked

That can't be correct. $3000 for 6GH? And it's not even an ASIC? I don't get it.

you get $2000 discount for the jupiter when buying the mars. so the price is in reality $795. you just pay a bit for the jupiter in advance.
it says up to $2000 so it can be less.

Gomeler

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:03:25 PM

you get $2000 discount for the jupiter when buying the mars. so the price is in reality $795. you just pay a bit for the jupiter in advance.

What if they fail to deliver 'Jupiter'? Or if Jupiter fails to live up to the specs on paper? At this stage in the game I would consider this a very risky endeavor.
mrspencer

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:13:31 PM

Can't wait until they have the 250GH/s demo unit.
thomashrev89

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 02:37:24 PM

What if they fail to deliver 'Jupiter'? Or if Jupiter fails to live up to the specs on paper? At this stage in the game I would consider this a very risky endeavor.

For me it seems this is a less risky opportunity then BFL or Avalon. KNCminer has had the time to prepare and get things in order. 

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 03:09:26 PM

For me it seems this is a less risky opportunity then BFL or Avalon. KNCminer has had the time to prepare and get things in order. 

Is that based on the unique pricing of their models or showing the community proof of all they've accomplished to date?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 03:22:56 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2013, 04:11:06 PM by Bitcoinorama

Is that based on the unique pricing of their models or showing the community proof of all they've accomplished to date?

Phinnaeus with all due respect this is fear mongering and speculation. Up until this point there has been nothing from KNCMiner aside the intention to deliver by people with valid expertise with the backing of a known and local chip manufacturer. All strong signs. There is no reason to remain anything, but optimistic aside from the volume of Avalon chips creating a potentially massive increase in mining difficulty.

Certainly people have been burnt with BFL's outright dishonesty and lack of integrity, but KNCminer have not requested money, but instead asked for some time to assess the feasibility, deliver some assured news and evidence that this is achievable. So let's not judge their lack of proof to the community until such point that they request funds without evidence.

If they are legitimate it would be a PR nightmare if they didn't provide compelling working evidence, such as a prototype and chance asking for financial backing after all that's occurred with competing 'manufacturers'.

ORSoC has the ability to produce this in house.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
thomashrev89

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:09:27 PM

KNCminer has showed nothing that sugest that they are a scam. The pricing seems logical to me. i am no expert but making ASIC seems to be a costly procese, not just in the pure cost but also in the uncertainty of the bitcoin marked.

The timing is also right, this is the time i would expect new ASIC companies to pop up that did there homework first before they announced anything.

The fact that they are located in sweden is not bad either. sweden got strict laws when it comes to business, not a easy country to scam anybody in. And im norwegian so i must root for my neighbour.

dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:16:18 PM

KNCminer has showed nothing that sugest that they are a scam. The pricing seems logical to me. i am no expert but making ASIC seems to be a costly procese, not just in the pure cost but also in the uncertainty of the bitcoin marked.

The timing is also right, this is the time i would expect new ASIC companies to pop up that did there homework first before they announced anything.

The fact that they are located in sweden is not bad either. sweden got strict laws when it comes to business, not a easy country to scam anybody in. And im norwegian so i must root for my neighbour.

What a Joker Smiley
thomashrev89

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 04:23:55 PM

What a Joker Smiley

We will see Smiley

HjerterEss

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:49:22 PM

Actually if their Jupiter miner comes out in September-October, they are too late to the party. Paying $7000 for a 250GH/s miner, will be too expensive because difficulty will be so high that it might take 3-6 months before breaking even. ASICs might have become very little profitable like GPU miners are now.

Also, $3000 for a 6GH/s miner is outrageous. Especially when they claim this on their website: " Shipment begins on mass in just over 2 months".
No batches, just mass pushing it out to the Bitcoin network. Difficulty will skyrocket. One Jalapeno from BFL cost $250, it can do almost the same hashrate. They are already beating kncminer with delivery. Again, kncminer too late to the party...
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 05:57:30 PM

Sweden got strict laws when it comes to business, not a easy country to scam anybody in.

Hah, good one! Even if they got caught they would maybe get 6 months in jail unless they are previously convicted.
If you are good at hiding money and make sure the government/police cant get to it and confiscate them being a criminal in Sweden can be quite lucrative.
pizza

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:25:51 PM

Holy fuck this thread has gotten so long the amount of massive brain injury is huge. Why can't people stop posting RANDOM SPECULATIVE NON SENSE. Wait for their prototypes which they said they will SHOW and happily CONFIRM before they take any preorder money.

Without them even showing or asking for money this thread has becone 42 pages long. Also, stop with your bullshit speculations on what will be profitable and what wont. All of the comments are based on flawed logic. They all assume higher difficulty at the same bitcoin price which is retarded.

The price of bitcoin could very well increase to $500,$750,$1000,$1000+ so arguing anything about profitability is just insane as there are so many variables.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:30:24 PM

Holy fuck this thread has gotten so long the amount of massive brain injury is huge. Why can't people stop posting RANDOM SPECULATIVE NON SENSE. Wait for their prototypes which they said they will SHOW and happily CONFIRM before they take any preorder money.

Without them even showing or asking for money this thread has becone 42 pages long. Also, stop with your bullshit speculations on what will be profitable and what wont. All of the comments are based on flawed logic. They all assume higher difficulty at the same bitcoin price which is retarded.

The price of bitcoin could very well increase to $500,$750,$1000,$1000+ so arguing anything about profitability is just insane as there are so many variables.

It could also decrease, that shouldn't be ignored. Common sense.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
pizza

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:37:17 PM

It could also decrease, that shouldn't be ignored. Common sense.

Yes of course, its just really insane trying to predict profitability with so many variables, according to people gpus should of been dead by now.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:38:34 PM

Isn't the Mars supposed to be available in "days"? Then now is the time to speculate.

I registered my interest in the Mars, and had they taken my money last week, I would have snapped it up.  But looking at all those orders for Avalon ASICs by the DIYers, the landscape looks different.  The genie is out of the bottle, and I'm reluctant to invest in anything beyond a 2 month ROI now.
pizza

View Profile
April 28, 2013, 06:46:55 PM

Isn't the Mars supposed to be available in "days"? Then now is the time to speculate.

I registered my interest in the Mars, and had they taken my money last week, I would have snapped it up.  But looking at all those orders for Avalon ASICs by the DIYers, the landscape looks different.  The genie is out of the bottle, and I'm reluctant to invest in anything beyond a 2 month ROI now.

available for actual pre order in days with a little over 2 month actual delivery date.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: