Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:14:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049462 times)
dan99

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 03:10:33 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 04:36:14 AM by dan99

Closed to 0 probably

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitchbend

Activity: 242

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:01:52 AM

yeah baby, some serious decentralization coming to the network!
dan99

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:05:14 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 08:31:03 AM by dan99

Now Saturn is coming into the picture, later we may get Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, what about earth, mercury , Venus and the Sun? If Knc can get them done in September, although the mining Difficulty will have Gone Up by how many number of times, but with 350gh/s turbo charge Jupiter and the 175gh/s Saturn, we may still be OK and be sustainable. The question is can they really full filled their own promises? Breaking your own promises is Bad and is really Bad for business. By the way this thread will easily reach 300 pages : ) before they delivers in September, the 9th planet/month, which should be call Pluto. Well from Now to September you won't see any thing, maybe a video of their Mars FPGA Miner just for show. Oh, ya I will be interested to visit their manufacturing facility in Stockholm if invited : )

Avalon and AsicsMiner were using 110nm and 130nm asic chip sizes, now Knc will used 28nm, now you don't even has Asic chip but
when september comes you will have 28nm asic chip?? Do you think so? power usage goes down and hash rates increase..
dan99

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:28:44 AM

Any news on their hosting plans would be great also. If it's cheap (<$80), I might be interested in that instead of self running at home.

Pros: Maintained by Knc so always working/fixed fast, no postage/postage cost required, no need to pay import tax, most likely will be online faster than those who prefer it to be shipped to them so most likely will be able to earn a little more due to head start

Cons: Extra costs, not in your hands to show off/tweak, when ROI is negative... you will have to decide if you want to dump the miner or ship it back to your house

Maybe is ok for you, but not for others..remember if it is monthly $80 and if you used those $80 for a one time shipping expense, i think is better unless Sweden has very low power rates compares to other countries.
Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 08:45:37 AM

Cheers.
Anyone checked the adress at the bottom of the newsletter on google maps?
Call me shitwolf, but Lupinvägen 2b, Stockholm 19135 does not look like a company site.
Moreover the news sounds way too good. But we will see in the coming weeks.

---
Cheers
KS

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:08:10 AM

Cheers.
Anyone checked the adress at the bottom of the newsletter on google maps?
Call me shitwolf, but Lupinvägen 2b, Stockholm 19135 does not look like a company site.
Moreover the news sounds way too good. But we will see in the coming weeks.

Kennemar's home address, I suppose. Same one other "director", female, same last name, same address (wife or sibling - his mother? Smiley ).

With 5K EUR in actual capital, I don't think they'd have a big office downtown.

If you guys want to invest, there are 300 shares outstanding, only 15K EUR Smiley
KS

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:13:13 AM

Everyone,

A lot has happened in the last few weeks, so we thought it was time for a new update. The main focus of this newsletter will be around the following topics:

Jupiter’s performance increase.
    A new product called Saturn.
    More information on our approach to Litecoin mining devices.
    Things we are working on in the next few weeks.

Update of Jupiter performance
https://www.kncminer.com/products/jupiter

We have previously announced that Jupiter will have a minimum performance of 250GH/s. We can now be a little more accurate and say that it will be above 350GH/s. A few improvements have allowed this to happen. One of them is that we are now able to use the 28nm technology in our standard ASIC design.

Delivery is also important to our customers so we can also narrow down from saying autumn to the latter part of September 2013. This is still a compressed timeline but we are very confident we can meet our deadline. (Which in terms of Standard cell ASIC design is a very aggressive time frame.) We are able to commit to this deadline because of the experience that ORSoC brings.

The last update around Jupiter is the price. We previously stated that it would be between 7000 and 8000 USD per device. The final component costs are all in and we can confirm that the price will be 6995 USD.

So to recap. Jupiter now comes with:

350 GH/s.
    28nm Standard Cell ASIC chips.
    Shipment in September 2013.
    6995 USD price tag.

Announcement of Saturn
https://www.kncminer.com/products/saturn

We have had many people asking for a cheaper ASIC device, which would still give great value for money in terms of hashes per dollar.

So we have listened. We have created Saturn, Saturn is a 4 blade device. (Jupiter is an 8 blade device) Saturn still offers great value in terms of hash per dollar, but has a much more favorable purchase price of 3795 USD. It will have a minimum performance of 175 GH/s and because it’s based on the same modular design as Jupiter, they will ship alongside each other in September 2013.

So to recap on Saturn:

175 GH/s.
    28nm Standard Cell ASIC chips.
    Shipment in September 2013.
    3795 USD price tag.

Litecoin device

A common request arriving on our desks is around us producing a Litecoin mining device. We have stated that we are looking into it, to see if we can develop a device that would make sense for the Litecoin community. What we would like to say at this stage is that we are removing things form our plate which in any way delay the shipment of our ASIC based Bitcoin mining hardware, having said that if we have any space in our resources. (Which we may increase in the near future) They are being targeted at producing a Litecoin device. So as of today it’s on the plan but is second only to the ASIC Bitcoin devices. We will continue to conduct research into Litecoin devices and see exactly how challenging it would be to produce an FPGA type setup for mining Litecoins.

The coming weeks

Next week we will have a demo video of our Mars device uploaded for everyone to see. So at this point we would like to invite the community to select people to come to our offices. Those people would be able to meet the engineering team and have a look at our prototype. If you would like an invite please send us an email. We will try to accommodate as many people as we can.

Above all we would like to say thanks again for all of your feedback. Keep it coming it allows us to produce better and more targeted products.

KnCMiner Team

Looking good :-)

Well, still vaporware and I don't have much confidence in the company's strength (it's paper thin, no capital to speak of and no product out).

I'll send some money when ORSoC will confirm the order book and delivery dates. And I'd rather buy from ORSoC directly... (easy to bankrupt a company after taking the preorders' money and never have to deliver - just need to do it 6 months after you've paid your own huge salary...).

Europe or not, it's still easy to steal ppl's money with a company.

papamoi

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 10:42:05 AM
Last edit: May 11, 2013, 11:07:00 AM by papamoi

hi guys

since i ve contacted many design companies and factories about to get a fast delivery in asic,it s almost impossible to get something ready before end of this year or beginning of next year if you start to work on it now

so i think these guys are little bit optimistic about that

i m not saying it s impossible but it s really unlikely

let s wait and see

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:03:26 AM

So they did like every other ASIC company did. They announced some specs then they raised them without changing price. Unless they use helveticoin's chips then this is really strange to have another 28nm chips. Starts me wondering why AM and Avalon used such old technology if the 28nm is so available to everyone. Unless they provide some kind of proof that they are indeed using the 28nm technology then i am not sending any money to them.  They really think they can pull this stunt in just 4 months? Seems really hard to believe. If i understood correctly using 28nm tech is not all about having large amounts of money to drop into development, but you need a fab to make those chips because they are overwhelmed with orders.  I mean look at BFL who is struggling for one year and they just shipped 40 products. Why should we think KNCMiner will do a better job? Remember BFL proved that they can make a FPGA too.

Please please post some kind of proof KNCMiner!

FlappySocks

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 11:06:19 AM

Ask to go on the open day.  I have.  What could be better than that?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:10:43 PM

How is this possible  Cheesy

Size:160 x 160 x 200
Weight:4 kg

That's the size of a BFL single, should only make 50G at maximum, even at 28nm technology, 100G is the upper limit at this size

I think so far Avalon's design is the most efficient, BFL's product looks very nice but many efforts were put in the wrong place, that chip with 16 cores just increased the design/production/testing burden, and heat also become a problem when many such chips are clustered together on the board

Anyway, I will try to visit their demo session next week, if they really show a self designed FPGA miner that works, and some simulation, then converting to ASIC should not take a lot of time,  the rest is only wafer production and prototyping

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 12:30:27 PM

How is this possible  Cheesy

Size:160 x 160 x 200
Weight:4 kg

That's the size of a BFL single, should only make 50G at maximum, even at 28nm technology, 100G is the upper limit at this size

I think so far Avalon's design is the most efficient, BFL's product looks very nice but many efforts were put in the wrong place, that chip with 16 cores just increased the design/production/testing burden, and heat also become a problem when many such chips are clustered together on the board

Anyway, I will try to visit their demo session next week, if they really show a self designed FPGA miner that works, and some simulation, then converting to ASIC should not take a lot of time,  the rest is only wafer production and prototyping

You base your assessment on an a weight estimate? Do we assess based on Mhps/kg now?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:35:02 PM

Ask to go on the open day.  I have.  What could be better than that?

Didn't even read about the open day. My mistake, but since you are going there is no need for me to go too. Please note that they will present the Mars device. I have no interest in that as i am sure that many companies can pull a FPGA device for bitcoin if they wanted to. What i am unsure is who will make those 28nm chips and how will they have a device ready in 4 months considering that they have nothing now(not even funding since the sale of Mars hasn't started yet). So unless ORSoC pumped a lot of money into this ASIC device they have nothing right now. Don't get me wrong. I want this to be true and i was ready to buy the Mars device, but now i'm not so ready. Nobody in the bitcoin ASIC business pulled a 4 month stunt(from scratch to a fully functional device).

FlappySocks

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:43:00 PM

I just wonder about how good 350 GH/s will be once it ships.  By the time the DIYers get their hands on all those thousands of Avalon ships, 350 GH may have little impact.

KS

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:52:49 PM

Anyone getting anything from ORSoC on this?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:06:45 PM

Firstly i'm surprised they didn't mention the hosting in the newsletter, as I had enquired about it a while back, suggesting something, and they said they were well ahead of me, and what they told me was pretty cool.

So I imagine that was a forgotten admission...

Secondly they have ensured us they will accept Paypal so we have buyer protection. Mars should be completely risk free as they will have a working device before requesting payment. They have stated that. So the order should be in your hands within the allotted buyer protection period (approx 45 days?).  I would expect the same for their ASICS. They shouldn't be asking for any money unless they can prove their 28nm chip exists and works as expected.

They had mentioned optimisation circa 350gh/s. I would have preferred they remained quiet on that front and under promised then over delivered beyond expectation.

I'm happy for them to concentrate solely on ASIC development. If it means a delay on a Litecoin FPGA, but I would like some reassurance that these Version 1 Mars BTC miners can be upgraded to their Version 2 Mars FPGA LTC mining counterparts. (even if some extra expense is required at the time).

I'm considering a visit. If so, I will provide independent third party evidence to this forum with definitely pics, hopefully some video. Mars is not a Saturn/Jupiter ASIC though, so I would like to see and report back with some evidence there as well.

I'm strongly thinking about it. I have the time, but this roundtrip will be from my own pocket! Although a lot less than the assuming the risk if I don't.

Anyone else?

KNCminer's role is to deliver on time, whilst making this as risk free as possible. Only 45 day buyer protection on Paypal worries me, as does the increase in hashrate from the forthcoming Avalon bulk chips.

Anyone have some worse case hashrate scenarios based upon what's been ordered so far??

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
FlappySocks

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:17:45 PM

I'm strongly thinking about it. I have the time, but this roundtrip will be from my own pocket! Although a lot less than the assuming the risk if I don't.

It's a legitimate business expense, plus you get to do a few hours sight seeing, and dine out with your fellow bitcoin comrades.
KS

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:20:19 PM

Firstly i'm surprised they didn't mention the hosting in the newsletter, as I had enquired about it a while back, suggesting something, and they said they were well ahead of me, and what they told me was pretty cool.

Secondly they have ensured us they will accept Paypal so we have buyer protection. Mars should be completely risk free as they will have a working device before requesting payment. They have stated that. So the order should be in your hands within the allotted buyer protection period (approx 45 days?).  I would expect the same for their ASICS. They shouldn't be asking for any money unless they can prove their 28nm chip exists and works as expected.

They had mentioned optimisation circa 350gh/s. I would have preferred they remained quiet on that front and under promised then over delivered beyond expectation.

I'm happy for them to concentrate solely on ASIC development. If it means a delay on a Litecoin FPGA, but I would like some reassurance that these Version 1 Mars BTC miners can be upgraded to their Version 2 Mars FPGA LTC mining counterparts. (even if some extra expense is required at the time).

I'm considering a visit. If so, I will provide independent third party evidence to this forum with definitely pics, hopefully some video. Mars is not a Saturn/Jupiter ASIC though, so I would like to see and report back with some evidence there as well.

Anyone else?

KNCminer's role is to deliver on time, whilst making this as risk free as possible. Only 45 day buyer protection on Paypal worries me, as does the increase in hashrate from the forthcoming Avalon bulk chips.

Anyone have some worse case hashrate scenarios based upon what's been ordered so far??

You are SUCH a SHILL! Smiley
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:31:57 PM

Anyone else?

You are SUCH a SHILL! Smiley

Eh, how come?

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 01:33:46 PM

It's a legitimate business expense, plus you get to do a few hours sight seeing, and dine out with your fellow bitcoin comrades.

I don't have a business  Sad

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: