Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:13:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049457 times)
pixl8tr

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:45:03 PM

I don't mind if they mine BTC when testing my units.  Just use my payout address when they do. ;-)

who | grep -i blonde | date; cd ~; unzip; touch; finger; bjobs; uptime; strip;. grab; mount; yes; umount; sleep; brun;
Donations: 18ByQvDUmaMKkQbYvUWmnPSu9BWeNxVMoc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:46:31 PM

I think knc is where they want to be right now slightly ahead of schedule for September deliveries.  If I were the competition I would be worried seeing as how once they pump out these machines they begin working on more energy efficient models maybe even 22nm chips.

Nothing to worry about so long as they don't mine with what they produce.  I hope they give Chinese scammers an uphill battle and I wish KNC the best.  I will proudly support them.  We need somebody competent in the ASIC world that can deliver.  If everything goes as planned for a September delivery then it's about fricken' time.
HUH? they DO mine with their product, as stated on the site....lol...what's wrong with that?

orly...that's news to me.  Sad  That wasn't on the site last I looked.  But I haven't looked in a while.

We need developers that stick to testnet.

Do they mine just what they need or do they plan on owning the network like ASICMiner?

I think you're both confused. They, as in each individual; Sam, Andreas, Johan, Marcus and Michael are miners themselves.

That doesn't mean they mine for profit using your hardware.

When it comes to testing they aim to have our wallet details, so the machines can be preconfigured the and the test credit enter our wallets, therefore, when we receive the product, we can simply; "plug n' play".

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Paladin69

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

I think knc is where they want to be right now slightly ahead of schedule for September deliveries.  If I were the competition I would be worried seeing as how once they pump out these machines they begin working on more energy efficient models maybe even 22nm chips.

Nothing to worry about so long as they don't mine with what they produce.  I hope they give Chinese scammers an uphill battle and I wish KNC the best.  I will proudly support them.  We need somebody competent in the ASIC world that can deliver.  If everything goes as planned for a September delivery then it's about fricken' time.
HUH? they DO mine with their product, as stated on the site....lol...what's wrong with that?

orly...that's news to me.  Sad  That wasn't on the site last I looked.  But I haven't looked in a while.

We need developers that stick to testnet.

Do they mine just what they need or do they plan on owning the network like ASICMiner?

I think you're both confused. They, as in each individual; Sam, Andreas, Johan, Marcus and Michael are miners themselves.

That doesn't mean they mine for profit using your hardware.

When it comes to testing they aim to have our wallet details, so the machines can be preconfigured the and the test credit enter our wallets, therefore, when we receive the product, we can simply; "plug n' play".

Yeah I don't care that miners are developers.  I just hate seeing things like ASICMiner continually grow in-house solo'ing it.  It's not good.  Cool that they will send you test credits.  I was aware of them having their own collocation but it never bothered me they were going to lease since they aren't dividing things up like a stock.

I guess anything else you know I'd be happy to hear it.  This thread is freaking long and Sam has never told me much about their own individual mining operations.  As long as they are individual I don't see it as an issue.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 07:55:16 PM

SEE FAQ #2 ON THE FAQ PAGE

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Paladin69

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:00:31 PM

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners.

Yeah that's fine, I think.  That is different from ASICMiner who is growing into a gigantic solo operation to own the network.  I guess time will tell.

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners and what their definition of "diversified" means.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:04:36 PM

Really?... wow. Can you post a link about the AsicMiner situation? I'd like to prepare for that situation, or at least try...

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:09:13 PM

Why are you selling the Miners and don’t mine yourself (will you use the miners for mining yourself)?

We are mining ourselves, but we believe in the bitcoin project and a diversified market is the best for all parties. We will continue to mine but we do not believe in a monopoly of miners.

Yeah that's fine, I think.  That is different from ASICMiner who is growing into a gigantic solo operation to own the network.  I guess time will tell.

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners.

Heh, so we're clear, according to Paladin69:

KnC: Owners will be purchasing their own hardware at cost, mine with it and sell it. - *Good*
ASICMiner: Owners purchase their own hardware at cost, mine with it, sell it and share the revenues with their public investors - *Scammer*

Aren't you tired of the double standard, Paladin? You might want to rethink throwing around the scammer tagline.
---
I'm a strong supporter of both KnC and AM since they're both open and honest about their intentions - I just don't think that there's something inherently wrong with mining with your own hardware. I have a much bigger problem with Avalon and BFL pretending not to mine with their own hardware.

Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:13:34 PM

I agree 100% with Canth  Grin

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Paladin69

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:27:46 PM

I'd be curious to know how they pay themselves so they can individually mine on their own...referring to the owners.

KnC: Owners will be purchasing their own hardware at cost, mine with it and sell it. - *Good*
ASICMiner: Owners purchase their own hardware at cost, mine with it, sell it and share the revenues with their public investors - *Scammer*

Aren't you tired of the double standard, Paladin? You might want to rethink throwing around the scammer tagline.
---
I'm a strong supporter of both KnC and AM since they're both open and honest about their intentions - I just don't think that there's something inherently wrong with mining with your own hardware. I have a much bigger problem with Avalon and BFL pretending not to mine with their own hardware.

If BFL was mining with it, it would be visible.  ASICMiner is clearly visible when looking at the pie charts.

I'm tired of explaining to the economic illiterate how paper promises work.  There is no double-standard, at least not yet that can be seen...I guess we'll find out this September.  I've said my peace in the other thread.  If you want to continue to help somebody centralize then whatever.
bebfoo

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:29:38 PM

emailed support and got this regarding refunds:

-------------

Hi,

It depends on the method you used  to pay. But PayPal refunds are fairly quick.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

To: Customer Service
Subject: Re: New order # 2863

ok, thank you. How long do refunds usually take?

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Customer Service <customerservice@kncminer.com> wrote:
Hi,

You can request a refund at any time prior to shipment date.

Thanks
Emilia
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 08:59:14 PM

---

You all seem to forget that AM was at least partially (if not totally) funded with the funds raised in the IPO. Is a 50% publicly owned company from minute 1 (meaning BEFORE hardware development and manufacture).

Still, it's an amazing example of flawless and honest management (do not forget Friedcat is anonymous and he runs a completely "underground" operation, while delivering flawlessly). What they achieved is impressing and IMO they should be admired.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:09:31 PM

---

You all seem to forget that AM was at least partially (if not totally) funded with the funds raised in the IPO. Is a 50% publicly owned company from minute 1 (meaning BEFORE hardware development and manufacture).

Still, it's an amazing example of flawless and honest management (do not forget Friedcat is anonymous and he runs a completely "underground" operation, while delivering flawlessly). What they achieved is impressing and IMO they should be admired.

Aspects, I agree. They are ruthlessly efficient, and admittedly their buyers don't seem to complain.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:01:18 PM

---

Aspects, I agree. They are ruthlessly efficient, and admittedly their buyers don't seem to complain.

You should also know they are not only efficient in delivering hardware. They have been the very best possible management for their investors. They launched the ipo with 200,000 shares priced at 0.1BTC each, and they paid back the cost of each share to the public IPO investors with the first dividend. All the very first revenue generated by mining was reverted to investors so the people that believed in them was able to immediately breakeven.

Plus, they never failed a royalty pay day and they have been completely transparent when explaining delays in deployment, etc. As I said earlier, AM at IPO price has been the very best Bitcoin related investment up to date, hands off - and we had a lot of "mining bonds", securities and schemes of all kinds going on since the early days.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:28:10 PM

anyone critizing AM forgets that they have shareholders and they did auctions to determine market price on their units before settling on prices for later batches.   

Friedcat has played his hand, his investors hand, and the free market hand brilliantly all at the same time

That is why I told that ars technica writer to forget about BFL and do his paper on AM.  But I guess that would of been too much work and not enough sleeze

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Phoenix1969
Legendary

LIR DEV

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 11:37:14 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 11:52:51 PM by Phoenix1969

emailed support and got this regarding refunds:

-------------

Hi,

It depends on the method you used  to pay. But PayPal refunds are fairly quick.

Thanks
Emilia

Med vänlig hälsning  |  Best regards
Emilia Cole 
Kncminer
www.kncminer.com
Office: +46 8559 253 20

To: Customer Service
Subject: Re: New order # 2863

ok, thank you. How long do refunds usually take?

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 1:56 PM, Customer Service <customerservice@kncminer.com> wrote:
Hi,

You can request a refund at any time prior to shipment date.

Thanks
Emilia

Thank you for the update...   I was one of the lucky ones who was able to cancel a late BFL Single SC order..  and used paypal to do it...it begins very quick, but takes about ten banking days to get to your bank. First, it goes from their bank, to paypal, (Depending on how long it takes for them to "approve it, takes 3-5 working days plus however many days they lalligagged.)at which time they boast completion: but then, it travels from PayPal to the source you funded it from: card, bank, etc...which of course takes even more time... 3-5 more business days. So at best 6 banking days, super minimum. Mine from BFL took two weeks, with Jody approving it next-day.

That really chapps my arse as well.... about ten seconds to purchase, and two weeks to refund, with a compliant vendor!

▀▀███▀
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 12:19:59 AM

---

You should also know they are not only efficient in delivering hardware. They have been the very best possible management for their investors. They launched the ipo with 200,000 shares priced at 0.1BTC each, and they paid back the cost of each share to the public IPO investors with the first dividend. All the very first revenue generated by mining was reverted to investors so the people that believed in them was able to immediately breakeven.

Plus, they never failed a royalty pay day and they have been completely transparent when explaining delays in deployment, etc. As I said earlier, AM at IPO price has been the very best Bitcoin related investment up to date, hands off - and we had a lot of "mining bonds", securities and schemes of all kinds going on since the early days.

+1. On that note, if KnC were to consider an "IPO" on one of the exchanges, I'm very certain they'd get any reasonable funding they'd want. Everyone is looking for the next AM.

nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 02:53:20 AM

Trash-talk from BFL Josh about KnC:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/3616-whos-placing-new-orders-bfl-right-now-heres-real-competition-post44762.html#post44762

I *really* want them to be able to rub this in his face three months from now.
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:01:39 AM

+1. On that note, if KnC were to consider an "IPO" on one of the exchanges, I'm very certain they'd get any reasonable funding they'd want. Everyone is looking for the next AM.
Without a working prototype to demonstrate, IPO style funding would be tricky, and it takes a long time to organize. Kickstarter or pre-orders would be more practical.

opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2013, 03:03:44 AM

Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity. Is there a USB port on it? Does it have it's down mining software or can it run what is already out there? I just want to make to make sure I get the right hardware (power converters) and all that) before the unit comes and have the proper software. I started to read the pages and had to stop at 25, it was just taking too long. Not much is on their website about this stuff either.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 02, 2013, 03:08:46 AM

Placed an order for a couple of these and I'm in America and read they use standard ATX computer power supply. Since no one has one of these yet, what power supply would you recommend for the US? Also, what about connectivity. Is there a USB port on it? Does it have it's down mining software or can it run what is already out there? I just want to make to make sure I get the right hardware (power converters) and all that) before the unit comes and have the proper software. I started to read the pages and had to stop at 25, it was just taking too long. Not much is on their website about this stuff either.

I hope they charge a little more and hire someone to update their FAQ

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: