Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:41:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 2137 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Swedish ASIC miner company kncminer.com  (Read 3049463 times)
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:21:12 PM

I just hope "Shipping in September" doesn't turn into an apology... I'm too deep in now to worry about profit. Now I just hope I can reach breakeven.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rizzman

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:25:39 PM

It's pie in the sky, but I have to imagine they know they absolutely must to pull this off. Its bad enough that they dumped the price by over 2K for what is now suppose to be just a month of lead time, but considering the lion share of KNC's money will in theory come from re-investors, they have to make sure they don't burn the initial investors. I'm not sure how they are going to do this but they are smart guys, they must know this has to happen to be long term solvent.

Ohai.
BFL is getting *pre-orders*.
Imagine if they had product in stock?  Who would care about reputation?  You?

Actually,  Considering I too have been burned by BFL, you bet your ass reputation matters alot.... After waiting a year for my order (which still has not arrived), I don't care if they magically shat a quantum computer that could pump out 10PH at a cost of $2000, and was sitting in an amazon distribution hub waiting for someone to buy it next day prime... I wouldn't buy it. Burn me once, your done. simple as that. If I can't trust you to deliver at a premium, I definitely will not trust you at a discount.
scrawler

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:27:43 PM

Here's a question - has anyone done the math to see what the profitability will be in switching over to an alt-coin early? I know for a good while when the difficulty was approaching unprofitability for GPU's other miners were able to make more profit mining alts, then trading them for bitcoin than they were just mining bitcoin.

Is it possible to use their devices for mining alternative coins?
Any proofs from manufacturer(KnCMiners)?
Somewhere I had read that impossible.
KnCMiners designed only for bitcoin mining.
No?
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 09:28:40 PM

nah, they will make it, shipping starts very likely on Monday/Tuesday....you're either not up to date or trolling

They don't even have a fully working product yet.

God what a naysayer comment.  They have promised a country of over 1.351 Billion chinese folks a working demo live and hashing in less than 48 hours.  I think that by far trumps this teeny tiny infinitesimal bitcointalk thread.

just saying STFU puny single person lol

rizzman

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:29:28 PM

Don't want to be a downer, but I am thinking KNC is gonna flop hard just like terrahash.
nah, they will make it, shipping starts very likely on Monday/Tuesday....you're either not up to date or trolling

I know how you feel. ROI is looking very unlikely without deadline being missed. This just adds to that unlikelihood.

It's pie in the sky, but I have to imagine they know they absolutely must to pull this off. Its bad enough that they dumped the price by over 2K for what is now suppose to be just a month of lead time, but considering the lion share of KNC's money will in theory come from re-investors, they have to make sure they don't burn the initial investors. I'm not sure how they are going to do this but they are smart guys, they must know this has to happen to be long term solvent.

But then again, they have till Monday to show good on their promise, and we shall see by then if KNC can keep its promise, and by how much they intend to over-deliver.

they collected quite some money,
devices are way overpriced,
they could send 2xamount of hashing power ordered and would still make profit

...but guess what...we're living in a capitalistic world,
I do not except anything as 'compensation' - but would much appreciate it for sure

bet my bottom satoshi that their version of compensation is the 'substantial hashpower'

guys....we do need to relax...after Oct 14th, by all means grab your pitchforks.  Delivered in my eyes could also mean "I delivered to the world.....a 28 nm asic btc miner"  

did we lose our bitbets - sure we definitely did....but if we get units in week 1 october, its a major win in comparison to BFL or avalon post batch 1s.

I'm with you on that, no sense in losing ones shit when they still technically have 3 days to go.

I am hoping they do give us a massive boost to our processing power... really its the only logical solution at this point, especially if they are going to be late, its going to be almost mandatory in order to make the original investors whole.

Without doing this, delivery simply equates to being 1st place in a loser contest.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 09:29:49 PM

Here's a question - has anyone done the math to see what the profitability will be in switching over to an alt-coin early? I know for a good while when the difficulty was approaching unprofitability for GPU's other miners were able to make more profit mining alts, then trading them for bitcoin than they were just mining bitcoin.

No?

sha256 alts of course....scrypt or scrypt-jane NO

rizzman

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:31:35 PM

No?

...And... you need to read more.

The machine mines based on SHA256 algorithms, so yes..... It can mine alt-coins as long as they utilize the SHA256 algorithm.
ilovethebtc

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:32:36 PM

God what a naysayer comment.  They have promised a country of over 1.351 Billion chinese folks a working demo live and hashing in less than 48 hours.  I think that by far trumps this teeny tiny infinitesimal bitcointalk thread.

just saying STFU puny single person lol

Yeah well a Nigerian prince promised me half of a massive inheritance if I gave him my bank account info and social security number.
frankenmint
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

yes but the nigerian prince didnt go through great lengths to make and scrap an fpga prototype, a webstore, a forum, have an open day to preview their premesis, nor create a chinese announcement about their new device that is supposed to debut in 48 hours.

By the way it was me...I'm not nigerian.....and you'd be suprised that I really used it to blackmail ppl and not necessarily scam them.

scrawler

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:36:19 PM

Any proofs from manufacturer(KnCMiner)?
No?

sha256 alts of course....scrypt or scrypt-jane NO

I ask about it KnCMiner by email 1 day ago with no answer.
It would be great if they do that.
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:48:06 PM

I'm curious how long it takes until -Redacted- or TheAvenger jump on you..
I'm not bothered. Some of my posts early today were to head off the 20 or 30 pages of crap/FUD/BS speculation that we saw yesterday. We only had about 6 pages of new posts today, so I think it worked. Or else people wised up on their own to how pointless speculation is, which is fine too.

If Bitcoinorama delivers what he said the other day:
If there's something worth videoing i'll do my best to insist they allow that, as nothing puts minds at rest more. Whatever happens warts and all, i'll be honest with my account, but this time round there should be a lot more to actually show in moving images than written word.

then Saturday or Sunday we should know for sure if KNC have delays or whether things are really going to plan, albeit a few days late.

I'm sure that is what anyone who reads this thread really wants to know.

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
The Avenger

Activity: 798

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 09:55:08 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 10:08:42 PM by The Avenger

No?

The machine mines based on SHA256 algorithms, so yes..... It can mine alt-coins as long as they utilize the SHA256 algorithm.

He's referring to this post on the KNC forum, where it seems Johan from Orsoc told him in an email it's not possible. I assume it's a mistake/misunderstanding, but this is what he's referring to:
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/resellers-affilicates/general-questions/1175-on-which-coin-will-you-use-your-miner-btc-ppc-frc-trc-zet-bte?p=3621#post3621

"I am not The Avenger"
1AthxGvreWbkmtTXed6EQfjXMXXdSG7dD6
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:15:37 PM

I'm sorry guys & gals, but this time Xallia & Crumbs are right.
When I ordered, It was for September DELIVERY, not September shipping.

True. So it looks like you will get your order one, two or three days late.

BUT, when you ordered 400 GH/s was the name of the game. Now we are talking 500 GH/s (maybe even more), so absolutely no reason to whine imo.
AussieHash

Activity: 692
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:18:43 PM

they could have stopped all this as well as refunds by naming a shipping date or at least give more news about current progress
as well as [edit-begin] sticking to claims like [edit-end] allowing refunds until shipment as stated [edit2-begin] since there are still some asking for October slots as far as I know [edit2-end]

being silent in order to surprise customers seems to be a stupid tactic and I do not think they are stupid

Well if there is anybody looking for October Jupiters I have 2. I did buy them with PayPal and an AMEX so I still have some options.

BUT, when you ordered 400 GH/s was the name of the game. Now we are talking 500 GH/s (maybe even more), so absolutely no reason to whine imo.

The 500GH/s has never been confirmed. Just Sam in coindesk I think saying 450GH/s and a KnC forum post re PSU requirements. The truth is KnC don't even know how fast their chips will be.  Butfury's chips have 5GH printed on the package for instance.
rizzman

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:22:01 PM

No?

He's referring to this post on the KNC forum, where it seems Johan from Orsoc told him in an email it's not possible. I assume it's a mistake/misunderstanding, but this is what he's referring to:
http://forum.kncminer.com/forum/resellers-affilicates/general-questions/1175-on-which-coin-will-you-use-your-miner-btc-ppc-frc-trc-zet-bte?p=3621#post3621

My apologies,  I took that as more of a statement than a question.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:35:22 PM

they could have stopped all this as well as refunds by naming a shipping date or at least give more news about current progress
as well as [edit-begin] sticking to claims like [edit-end] allowing refunds until shipment as stated [edit2-begin] since there are still some asking for October slots as far as I know [edit2-end]

being silent in order to surprise customers seems to be a stupid tactic and I do not think they are stupid

Well if there is anybody looking for October Jupiters I have 2. I did buy them with PayPal and an AMEX so I still have some options.

The 500GH/s has never been confirmed. Just Sam in coindesk I think saying 450GH/s and a KnC forum post re PSU requirements. The truth is KnC don't even know how fast their chips will be.  Butfury's chips have 5GH printed on the package for instance.

Indeed it was a forum post of a KNC member. Yes, maybe even KNC doesnt know exactly what will be possible.

But that doesnt make any big difference regarding my statement: If KNC ships miners hashing 500GH/s+ nobody has the right to whine about 3 days delayed delivery and nobody should as its the much better choice to have a 500 GH miner at October 3rd than a 400 GH/s at september 30th.
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938

LIR DEV

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:53:18 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 11:12:10 PM by Phoenix1969

I was always so confident I would win my Bitbetting "yes"; now, considering the terms of the bet, Looks like I loose. Oh well.
http://bitbet.us/bet/472/kncminer-will-deliver-asic-devices-before-october-1st/
I just hope they don't forget us "September Delivery" Folks, and make up for it in some way.
Even if they shipped units right this moment, and shipping only took two days, yadda yadda.
And now the VAT issue is scaring me... Who is collecting the VAT, and WHEN? It could end up that our VATs are at the end of some list that takes a few days. I'm ready, and waiting for a call....  the list was sent in days ago and nothing has shipped, yet our promise of refunds up to the day of shipping has been yanked. I'm confused here, although I wasn't thinking of any refund, seemed a red flag, or at least bright yellow.

I will be thankful at least to see shipping begin, and appreciate still all the hard work they have done in bringing these to market under such harsh conditions, but a promise is a promise... So I look for the gang at KNC to make good on that promise.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Mota
Legendary

Activity: 804
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:02:36 PM

Call it what you will... Fact is...   Come Monday... If the miners are not delivered... The miners are late.

thanks. much appreciate this statement..
I think someone just withdrew from the fan club...

Easy there, I'm still a fan, but the truth is the truth. When I was placing orders, especially the first one(5x), they were still indeed advertising

I could spend hours digging up more, but no bother, I'm just a bit sad we are indeed behind now. Those of us who were in the first 890 preorder, were told we would get our machines in september, and were told several times they are on track for "september delivery", which has somehow turned into "Shipping in September"

I hate to break it to you, but September delivery and Shipping in September mean basically the same thing. "Delivery" is per definition the act of transporting letters or goods to a predefined point/person - shipment is the act or an instance of shipping goods. It is NOT the same as you getting your order in September. 
crumbs

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:14:27 PM

I hate to break it to you, but September delivery and Shipping in September mean basically the same thing. "Delivery" is per definition the act of transporting letters or goods to a predefined point/person - shipment is the act or an instance of shipping goods. It is NOT the same as you getting your order in September. 

I see.  So if i just had a letter delivered to me, that means someone just dropped it in the mail, and i should be expecting delivery soo.. wait.  Where do you get this ridiculous stuff?  Is this a German thing?  Sauce pl0x.
nightengale

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 11:17:55 PM

I just hope "Shipping in September" doesn't turn into an apology... I'm too deep in now to worry about profit. Now I just hope I can reach breakeven.

It is sad to hear anyone, much less Phoenix1969, talk about KnC and merely hoping we can reach break-even...  Ugggh... The silence from them right now is such a bad thing.
Pages: « 1 ... 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 [566] 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 2137 »
  Print  

Jump to: