Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:13:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 236 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tezos discussion  (Read 215610 times)
MaoChao
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1133

Get Some!

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:36:40 PM

Tezos Foundation is issuing a grant to Cryptonomic project for wallet
https://tezosfoundation.ch/news/tezos-foundation-issuing-grant-cryptonomic-project-wallet/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:33:24 PM

@kate_sills
 22m22 minutes ago..
As Satoshi points out, even Bitcoin was intended to support a wide variety of agreements, including "escrow transactions, bonded contracts, third party arbitration," and "multi-party signature." https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195.msg1611#msg1611

But Satoshi never wanted third party arbitration OR escrow because if he did he messed up ..

Third parties  Shocked Shocked Shocked< NO NO NO   i don't want a third party poking their noses in my business Angry..
So every time i want to do a deal i need another person ? < NO NO NO ..

Do you want the real reason WHY it's bad ?    third party can be bad bad bad..
Here is a third party SO CALLED  LEGIT   ecrow mates they are trust worthy  Cheesy
EVIDENCE BELOW..

Mintpal scammer Ryan Kennedy arrested in U.K. over theft of 3,700 ...
https://siliconangle.com › NEWS
23 Feb 2015 - Mintpal scammer Ryan Kennedy arrested in U.K. over theft of 3700 ... the Syscoin Escrow fund, Mintpal / Moolah / Ryan Kennedy / Alex Green / etc. ... It's another sordid scam tale in the Bitcoin world..

Kate Sills
33m33 minutes ago

Smart contracts were originally intended to allow people to make agreements without having to rely on court enforcement.<<< WRONG 

Because the very reason to have a contract is so the law can enforce it ..
If i force you to sign a contract and put it on the blockchain     if no law what happens ?..

Sign your house deeds over to me put the contract on the blockchain     and then kill you so your gone..
If no law to enforce anything what happens? ..

Man forges homeowner's signature to steal, sell her Brooklyn home ...
pix11.com/2017/.../man-forges-homeowners-signature-to-steal-sell-her-brooklyn-ho...
6 Apr 2017 - CANARSIE, Brooklyn — Police arrested a Nassau County man who allegedly stole a ... Kenneth Pearson, 56, allegedly filed a property deed transfer with the Office of the City ... The signature of the home's actual owner was forged. .... Off-duty officer shoots, kills armed robber in Brooklyn; 2nd man sought.

How Police Say Two Women Almost Got Away With Stealing at Least ...
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/police-women-stealing-houses/story?id=26328002
22 Oct 2014 - WATCH Woman Discovers House Was Stolen in Real Estate Rip-Off ... Mother of 5 Convicted of Killing Son Will Face New Capital Murder ... Duelley got a search warrant for Lee's home and discovered a stack of deeds he said were forged ... but were told they couldn't find them in the system as the owners.

Man allegedly hired seniors to pose as dead homeowners in deed scam
https://nypost.com/.../man-allegedly-hired-seniors-to-pose-as-dead-homeowners-in-de...
9 May 2017 - A Brooklyn ​man hired​ seniors to pose as dead people ​and file phony ownership deeds ​so he could steal six properties across the borough​. ... in order to “reanimate” the deceased property owners, some of whom had ... Characters Killed Off Because of the Actor's Ridiculous BehaviorNickiSwift.com.

NOW IMAGINE NO LAW     WHO SORTS OUT ABOVE? ..

A smart contract ? Tongue Tongue

I say a smart contract is   A CONTRACT that cannot be erased  Wink 
You always have a COPY Wink  but for the law to ENFORCE if need be
Otherwise what's the point in a contract wouldn't an agreement just be as good?..
Shake hands even  Roll Eyes..<No point in a contract if the law are not involved Wink..

If someone signs a contract with another party and they lose their copy of the contract, does the other party have any legal obligation to give them a copy of the contract upon request?

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:33:38 PM

If someone signs a contract with another party and they lose their copy of the contract, does the other party have any legal obligation to give them a copy of the contract upon request?

Answered Feb 6 2010 · Author has 991 answers and 3.5m answer views
(To make this more clear, I'll call the party who's lost his copy of the contract A, and the other party B.)

B probably has to furnish A with a copy of the contract, or otherwise convey to A the relevant information in the contract. B's failure to do either of these things on request would probably be a violation of B's duty to act in good faith (see Restatement (Second) of Contracts §205; Uniform Commercial Code §1-203). I don't know any caselaw or statute directly on point, but there's an important case (Market Street Associates v. Frey, 941 F.2d 588 (7th cir. 1991, Posner, J.)) in which it's suggested that a failure to remind a counterparty of a particular clause in a contract, even when both parties had copies of the contract and were sophisticated businesses, might be an actionable violation of the duty of good faith - if that's the case, a failure to even tell the other side what the contract says would surely be a violation.

However, this doesn't mean that A can compel B to furnish a copy of the contract. In some circumstances - say because B didn't show A the contract, A failed to exercise an option (because he didn't know about it) that would have been beneficial for him, A might be able to sue B for damages - the amount of money he'd have got if he'd known about that option. In other circumstances - say A is an architect designing a building to detailed specifications, and B won't tell him what those specifications are, A can probably stop designing the building without penalty until B shows him the contract - in this case, A's "remedy" is to be let off the hook on his end of the deal until B shows him the contract - that is, if B sues A for failing to design the building, A will successfully defend by saying that B made it impossible for A to proceed. In both of these cases, whether A will be successful in litigation depends on the particulars of the case - if A is not an architect, but a landscaper hired to mow a lawn, it's probably not reasonable for him to say that he lost the contract, and didn't want to come mow the lawn until B showed him a written copy of the contract, but it depends.

That's sort of a long-winded way to say that, really, it's probably in B's interest to show A the contract, because if A is uncertain about what he has agreed to (this is the architect example), A probably will be able to stop work, and if B is trying to use his knowledge of the contract to gain some kind of advantage over A, A can sue to recover damages from B. Also, regardless of the outcome of the litigation, the contract would be discoverable, so B can't really keep it secret from A for too long.

*This answer only applies to the US and to contracts governed by either the common law of contracts or by the Uniform Commercial Code - so not, e.g., any kind of foreign or international agreements or treaties, or specialized contracts in certain regulated industries.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:42:12 PM

We have a long way to go my young blockcahin padawan's..

See is the very meaning of the word CRYPTO   is so it's cryptic so no one can steal it Roll Eyes Kiss Kiss

SO WAKE THE FUCK UP THEN Cheesy Cheesy..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 10:43:35 PM

Bitcoin Eth  2 of the best  CRYPTO but not so CRYPTO because loads have been ROBBED Tongue Tongue
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:16:29 PM

My employer won't give me a copy of my contract, what should I do ...
https://www.quora.com/My-employer-wont-give-me-a-copy-of-my-contract-what-sho...
14 Sep 2016 - But, since you're here, request it in writing to the person in charge of ... My ex employer is refusing to provide a copy of the employment contract. ... dispute related to your signed contract comes in picture then court will take this ..

Well in the future a smart contract will knock on your door and throw you at the computer because
no police in the future you see so the smart contract will have to enforce it ..

OR are you saying private security firms will enforce the law ?..on the smart contracts behalf? ..
So what if i make you sign a smart contract by force then get the private security firm to strip you naked of
all you own..?

Has Someone Taken A Policy Out On You Without Your Knowledge?
www.markcolbert.com/article2.html
Will my brother make money off of them if something happens? ... I have reason to believe my ex-wife has taken out a life insurance policy on me without my permission ... Let's say someone stole my ID, went Idaho, and took out a policy on me..

If no law and it's private then we are doomed ..

Big firms with big monies can say anything and put it on a contract on the blockchain then say here is your proof   because no law to enforce just private enforcement ..

Then the little guy will be FUCKED..
kuhuya122

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 01:11:44 AM

Nice projecr
alinda

Activity: 887
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:04:10 AM

I`m be rich with ETrader_Bot for Satoshi Nakamoto: https://www.bitcointalk.org/ETrader-Bot-Best-Software-For-Trading/ . You can be rich to.

Can you share the BTC/ETH address where all your richness is stored for the moment? we all are eagerly waiting to see this one.

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:18:41 AM

kate sills

Why do we need contracts?
In a world without contracts or currency, we’re limited to simultaneous barter — you have an apple, I have a loaf of bread, and we trade on the spot. However, the more we trade, the more likely we’ll run into an issue which economists call the double coincidence of wants: in order for us to trade, I must want the apple at the same time that you want bread. That’s not very likely.

Money is one solution to this problem. I can sell the loaf of bread, and later exchange the money for an apple or another item. With money, we can reduce the number of ‘wants’ from two to one — I don’t have to need the items that you have to trade; I can still get an apple later. The temporal requirement has been lifted.

Money is one solution to this problem. WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG ..

Money was invented for slaves..
The kings issued it     so instead of riding down the village to take apples and bread they issued money
to pay the soldiers    so when they came back IF they come back from war they could use it for food and beers around their country ..

The kings decided to dish coins for work slaves    you work i take half your work in the form of taxes..
Now it was better than burning the village down because then the village is gone so i will have to go to the next village and they might not been as productive as the other village   ..

So why kill them just give them a coin for work ..
The thought of money was not to swap for something else    the thought was to tax the peoples for the rulers  MONEY SLAVES for the kings RANSOMS ..

I am the king i don't need money you mugwimps do to feed me..Saves me burning your village down
and taking all i want .. 

I take apples and the loaf thanks both at the same time Wink  I AM THE KING    AFTER ALL Roll Eyes

Jeez you peasants think some crazy stuffs ..
Right soldiers off with their heads ..TO SWAP  Roll Eyes Cheeky peasants ..
So i can TAX your asses..<<MONEY

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:24:27 AM

Just found this on google..

When – and why – did people first start using money?
theconversation.com/when-and-why-did-people-first-start-using-money-78887
19 Jun 2017 - An anthropologist explains the early origins and uses of money – and ... archaeological finds can tell us about trade and interaction between far-flung groups. ... Taxes could be extracted to support the elite and armies could be raised. ... On the East African coast, there were local merchants and kings of the
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:25:21 AM

So with Robots we can all be KINGS  if the greedy don't get greedy?
Sorry gals  and queens Wink
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 02:03:03 AM

Money is for slaves 100%   FACT..I will prove my point..

Money is one solution to this problem. I can sell the loaf of bread, and later exchange the money for an apple or another item. With money, we can reduce the number of ‘wants’ from two to one — I don’t have to need the items that you have to trade; I can still get an apple later. The temporal requirement has been lifted.

Money is one solution to this problem= slaves ..

A prostitute will do what for money?  and how much for..
Now if you could just give them the money without them doing anything what do you think they would do?.
The prostitute would rather just take the money without doing anything SO it proves she was a slave for monies ..

Now with a universal income she would of never been selling her self or him self ..
Less likely anyways ..
Money is a form of slavery  the more 1 person has the more slaves they can have..
So with a UNIVERSAL INCOME  no more slaves everyone as a starting point to live..

If you say it will make people lazy WRONG..
So why didn't elon musk just sit on all his cash  ?  He never he carried on and made tesla so to say humans just sit down if they get money is not true ..

So all those with money don't want to carry on making money is just not true..
The only reason why welfare sit and do nothing because they take it away if you find a job that pays
just the same as what you get for nothing SO why work ?

For satisfaction of working for nothing Cheesy I don't think so ..
so with a universal income no one can take it ..away even if you become rich you still get it till you die
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 03:40:01 AM

Popcorn1, People need to feel worthy, and money does that. If it's just given away to everybody, it has no meaning when it's given to you. Mass boredom is the outcome of universal income.
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:01:49 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2018, 08:05:09 PM by legday

"We're thrilled to receive a grant from the @TezosFoundation for building a wallet for @tez0s! 🙏
https://tezosfoundation.ch/news/tezos-foundation-issuing-grant-cryptonomic-project-wallet/
Beta wallet coming soon! 😎" https://twitter.com/CryptonomicTech/status/1003712937591296005

Looks like Tezos Foundation issued grant to cryptonomic to develop a Tezos wallet. Does that mean once wallet is ready, Betanet will be launched?
darrenwgray

Activity: 756
Merit: 278

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:11:40 AM

Tezos already entered the free sale? Who tested something? I would have bought it myself.
denam

Activity: 896
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:56:31 AM

Cryptonomic are working on the wallet for Tezos after receiving funds from foundation. This news news shows that beat should be on the way which is currently underdevelopment. I also expect Tezos to be in short term at 4th position easily on coinmarketcap. There will be good shuffle in top 10 current markets. This summer is going to make things highly interesting in this industry.
yeyicheng2015

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:36:13 PM

Investors with capital can consider buying TEZOS in batches. Now the price is already very low. The price of the main online line will certainly rise sharply.
Odeoke

Activity: 952
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:47:24 PM

Investors with capital can consider buying TEZOS in batches. Now the price is already very low. The price of the main online line will certainly rise sharply.

Are you referring to pre-launch that is not an original token both exchanges you can take withdraw so that I think this is not original so we have to wait till mainnet get launched successfully. It could be risky to buy this token right now.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:07:22 PM

Why do we need contracts?..

If no law then " CONTRACTS" are worthless < FACT  you can put all the spin on any contract smart or not
if no law then no point in a contract..

Do you know a contract even on paper is to help the law <FACT your helping the law by describing what both parties wanted to do and then you both signed it so when in a court of law the judge can read what you both agreed upon  FACT..

Now you can put rules in code so both parties hopefully agree but still at the end of the day you need the law for a contact smart or not< FACT..

Ok lets give you some problems like this ..

I build you a home i put it in the smart contract to build you a home  I build you your home everything is fine you pay me for your lovely home at a cost of 1 million  1 year later things start to fall apart
who do i see to get my monies back ?< THE LAW  because if no law your contract is WORTHLESS..

Another problem ..A signed CONTRACT   even if it was a SMART CONTRACT how will it of solved the problem without the LAW ?? ..

The story of the fake bomb detectors - BBC News - BBC.com
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29459896
3 Oct 2014 - The sentencing of a British couple for making fake bomb detectors marks the ... The fake "detectors" - sold with spurious but scientific-sounding claims ... After the FBI declared it a fraud in 1996, a British man ..
REMEMBER the person got paid out because everything was all good ONLY TILL LATER ON .

I was happy he was happy   only till later on was i not happy but the smart contract payed him out
so who do i see now Huh..THE LAW<<FACT..

CONTRACT  smart or not   NEEDS THE LAW Wink Kiss..

You can set rules in code that people have to abide by BUT still if it's a "CONTRACT" you need the law to enforce it..

Things can happen WAY WAY LATER even though you both thought at the time everything was all good..
Now you NEED THE LAW Angry Angry..

Yes smart contracts HELP THE LAW  ..Save monies on time     money is time..
Lawyers per hour cost a few pennies..

BUT still CONTRACTS need the law to enforce them FACT..

Mintpal Scam Artist Ryan Kennedy Charged With Fraud and Money ...
https://themerkle.com › News › Crypto
5 Jul 2017 - Most cryptocurrency enthusiasts remember the Mintpal exchange. ... Kennedy's stolen Bitcoins were worth over 1 million GBP, and propped up ..

THEN SYSCOIN    WENT TO A CENTRAL BODY     THE LAW    and cried like little girls Cheesy Cheesy..
So much for decentralised  Roll Eyes  YES WHEN THE DEVS SAY SO Cheesy Cheesy..

If no law your contract is WORTHLESS   it's not a contract   because who enforces it if 1 or both don't agree..

I don't agree i want the police   if no law then who do i get?..
All CONTRACTS is to help the LAW  < Fact for judges to judge your signed agreement save time..

TIME IS MONEY..

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:33:37 PM

I will show you SMART CONTRACTS below..

Donald Trump Business Bankruptcies - List and Reasons - ThoughtCo
https://www.thoughtco.com › Humanities › Issues › U.S. Government
19 Jan 2018 - Find out which of Donald Trump's companies went bankrupt. ... Chapter 11 restructuring reduced the company's debt by about $600 million and

NEVER PAID A PENNY BACK<<Smart contracts ..
But guess what average joe is paying it back ..

See how good trump is    and the funny thing no one on the opposite side mentions it because they have
all done the make companies up then declare them bankrupt for many millions   and all on the average joe
heads ..

You can code a set of rules but rules are made to be broken  Wink..

You signed a CONTRACT  at Mt. Gox saying you wouldn't do FRAUD but they done it to you.. 
So much for "CONTRACTS".. And on a computer not a paper contract..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mt._Gox
Mt. Gox was a bitcoin exchange based in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan. Launched in July 2010, .... Gox filed for bankruptcy protection in the US, to halt U.S. legal action temporarily by traders who alleged the bitcoin exchange operation was a fraud..
Pages: « 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 [167] 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 ... 236 »
  Print  

Jump to: