Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:47:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 236 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tezos discussion  (Read 215610 times)
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:35:21 PM

Decentralised world ?   

Bitcoin fraud triples as criminals target cryptocurrency boom - Telegraph
https://www.telegraph.co.uk › Technology Intelligence
26 Jan 2018 - The rising price of Bitcoin has been met with a surge in cryptocurrency crime as reports of Bitcoin-related fraud tripled in 2017

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:05:48 PM

Imagine you done a deal with a smart contract and this happens   what if no CENTRALISED BODY like
the law   what will we do ?..

Now many people bought a VW Golf ..Then later on this happens ..

Volkswagen emissions scandal - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_emissions_scandal
The Volkswagen emissions scandal began in September 2015, when the United States ... A 2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI with defeat device displaying "Clean Diesel" at the Detroit Auto Show. Date, 2008–2015 .... which VW had agreed to. Winterkorn was charged with fraud and conspiracy in the USA on 3 May 2018.

So if no CENTRALISED BODY like the law    what will happen ..?
Please do explain   because all i see if no law enforcement is MAD MAX ..

You are helping the law with time cuts   with a smart contract your not going against the law but helping it
save monies in lawyer cost cleaners all sorts of cost involved with law that smart contracts can help with
BUT still those contracts smart or not need the LAW to enforce them OR no point in a contract..

So can you really have a decentralised world ANSWER NO ..Total mad max if everything was decentralised.

Now instead of thinking of ways to cut the law out THINK of ways to HELP the LAW Wink Wink..
Lawyers judges cost the public monies   If we can save the public purse by less time work for judges and layers and crime then that's the best way to think..

The more time we give to complaining the more it cost ..
Oh judge he said this and that   Smart contact saves time but if it doesn't then the law steps in..
But you still needed a CENTRAL BODY as a just in case something goes wrong ..

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:13:22 PM

A written contract provides more certainty to the involved parties, and thus holds much more weight than its verbal counterpart. From a legal perspective, spoken words are flimsy, and by putting an agreement in writing, you’re minimising the risk of being double-crossed or violating the terms yourself. It’s the best way to dodge misinterpretations and misunderstandings; and even if both parties have honest intentions, details of an agreement can easily get forgotten if they have not been jotted down.

In the case of a dispute, verbal contracts (even handshake agreements) could potentially be seen as valid and binding in the court. However, when it comes to your legal standing and peace of mind, it’s a very thin thread to hang by, and you should do it at your own risk..

A contract is a promise or set of promises that are legally enforceable and, if violated, allow the injured party access to legal remedies. Contract law recognises and governs the rights and duties arising from agreements.[1] In the Anglo-American common law, formation of a contract generally requires an offer, acceptance, consideration, and a mutual intent to be bound. Each party must have capacity to enter the contract. Although most oral contracts are binding, some types of contracts may require formalities, such as being in writing or by deed.

In the civil law tradition, contract law is a branch of the law of obligations.

law of obligations no law then i am not obligated because who will make me ?..
You paid me out 1 year ago in a smart contract BYE BYE ..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:26:50 AM

‏@kate_sills
 4h4 hours ago
More
A very interesting point: people who believe in pure democracy are the "unwitting heirs to a crude version of absolute monarchy" because they place everyone else's futures on shaky ground..

What is pure DEMOCRACY do you know?. Is your idea the same as mine?..

Law and Democracy are 2 different things ..
The law is set in stone by the peoples and you do it..
Democracy you want something set in stone doesn't mean you get it  might get out voted..

So what is PURE DEMOCRACY  to you it might mean something totally different to me ..

I wouldn't call democracy pure NEVER EVER ..
I would say a FAIR DEMOCRACY ..Why do i say this ?..

We vote and the winners get their way of life  "SUPPOSE TO ANYWAYS" cough BREXIT ..
But there will be losers so how pure is that    To be called PURE DEMOCRACY?..

We can only make it FAIR .. What is a fair DEMOCRACY ?
It's not for the people it's for the leaders we elect ..

So to say my democracy will create a MONARCHY type system is BULLSHIT    COMPLETE  BS..

My fair democracy is so the leaders we elect cannot steal  it's those types that destroy us for the greed
and lack of leadership they see the money first not the peoples ..

Born with Margret Thatcher   took me milk plus my giro if i reached 16 now had to wait till 18 if i went on the dole..

i done politics as my subject at 12 years old thought we just talked and shouted at each other
HOW WRONG WAS I  Cheesy  write write write read read read   not much shouting at all Cheesy Cheesy..

Come in handy know though  i see the RATS AT PLAY..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:56:09 AM

Pure DEMOCRACY ?

1 average joe can rob a home  a politician can rob all our homes in 1 swoop Wink..
So who is this pure DEMOCRACY FOR ..

1 average joe can kill 100 with a bomb give a take a few..
1 politician can kill MILLIONS with 1 say..

Tony blair bush   i could go on and on..
So what is your pure democracy and who is it for THE PEOPLES? Angry Angry..
As you see leaders do the damage in many ways ..

Do you know high political wages can destroy DEMOCRACY ..why you ask ..
They see the monies so become blinded by the fact ..
More interested in their own good life to really care for the peoples ..

Less monies then they would see the problems everyone else faces ..FACT..
High cost of train travel    homes the lot they would look at the world different ..

We have people before they become elected     into to be an MP vow they would never put there kids in
private school soon as they become elected they put their children in private schools Cheesy Cheesy..

Fair democracy is setting laws so these rats can't get away with the RAT THINGS THEY DO..
They destroy millions of lives in one say so..

So now do you believe in pure democracy ?..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:12:23 AM

Imagine politicians couldn't get away with fraud    or get massive wages then those who do get massive wages plus do fraud those politicians would say if i can't get away with it your not FACT..

But the bribes dinner bribes second incomes whiles being a politician blinds them because of greed..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 07:58:02 PM

@kate_sills
Follow Follow @kate_sills
More
Douglas Hofstadter on Nomic, the self-amending game and inspiration for Tezos:

Nomic is a game in which changing the rules is a move. In that respect it differs from almost every other game. The primary activity of Nomic is proposing changes in the rules, debating the wisdom of changing them in that way, voting on the changes, deciding what can and cannot be done afterwards, and doing it. Even this core of the game, of course, can be changed.

— Peter Suber, The Paradox of Self-Amendment..

I suppose kate sills i am playing Nomic with you ? Cheesy.

NOMIC is a game in which changing the rules is a move. In that respect it differs from almost every other game<  BULLSHIT   it doesn't it's the same as every other game FACT..

To play a game you have rules even before you play you know the rules FACT or how do you play it?
With no rules to a game how do i score a goal?  Because the rules tell me to kick the ball in the net..

So the game defeats the object because you already stuck to the first rules
HOW TO PLAY THE GAME  < RULES..

Now those rules cannot be changed because how do you play the game?..
Yes a good game for DEBATING < A really good game come to think about it BUT never the less to start the game you stuck to a set of rules set in STONE Wink..

Like every game has rules set in stone so we can play ..
And this is what i mean by setting rules in stone for leaders so they cannot change the game WHY?
because my life is not a GAME Wink Wink..

But keep posting kate sills i really enjoy your twitter post ..Don't worry i am not a stalker Cheesy Cheesy..
And i don't do twitter or facebook just here  Wink..

Don't like fame only fortune Grin..

CoinManiaOfficial

Activity: 110
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:23:18 PM

I think there is no maximum amount of ICO is to get money, did not consider the interests of investors.
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 08:26:24 PM

Investors with capital can consider buying TEZOS in batches. Now the price is already very low. The price of the main online line will certainly rise sharply.

I don´t think there is a really safe method of buying large amount of coins before the launch of the mainnet. Or did I miss something ?

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 01:10:39 AM

#WeAreBaking  👨‍🍳

@TezosCommunity
 1h1 hour ago
More
#FF Tezos around the world:
@TezosSAfrica
@TezosBoston
@TezosJapan
@Tezos_Korea
@TezosChina
@TezosAlabama
@TezosShenzhen
@TezoSpanish
@TezosSH
@Tezos_Beijing

Who did we miss?   < TEZZIES BANGKOK
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 10:26:55 AM

Investors with capital can consider buying TEZOS in batches. Now the price is already very low. The price of the main online line will certainly rise sharply.

I don´t think there is a really safe method of buying large amount of coins before the launch of the mainnet. Or did I miss something ?

I don't think so, it's just tradd on IUO markets which I don't like at all. And I don't think any big money would buy on those markets.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:22:13 PM

Nomic: A Self-Modifying Game
Based on Reflexivity in Law

June, 1982

IN his excellent book A Profile of Mathematical Logic, the philosopher Howard
DeLong tells the following classic story of ancient Greece. "Protagoras had contracted to
teach Euathlus rhetoric so that he could become a lawyer. Euathlus initially paid only half
of the large fee, and they agreed that the second installment should be paid after Euathlus
had won his first case in court. Euathlus, however, delayed going into practice for quite
some time. Protagoras, worrying about his reputation as well as wanting the money,
decided to sue. In court Protagoras argued:

Euathlus maintains he should not pay me but this is absurd. For suppose he wins
this case. Since this is his maiden appearance in court he then ought to pay me
because he won his first case. On the other hand, suppose he loses his case. Then he
ought to pay me by the judgment of the court. Since he must either win or lose the
case he must pay me.

Euathlus had been a good student and was able to answer Protagoras' argument with a
similar one of his own:

Protagoras maintains that I should pay him but it is this which is absurd. For
suppose he wins this case. Since I will not have won my first case I do not need to
pay him according to our agreement. On the other hand, suppose he loses the case.
Then I do not have to pay him by judgment of the court. Since he must either win
or lose I do not have to pay him."

Then DeLong adds, "It is clear that to straighten out such puzzles one has to inquire
into general procedures of argument." Actually, to many people, it is not at all clear that
general procedures of argument will need scrutiny-quite the contrary. To many people,
paradoxes such as this one appear to be mere pimples or blemishes on the face of the law,
which can be removed by simple cosmetic surgery

BAD LOGIC ^^^^^^^^ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

To be in a decentralised world you wouldn't of even got to court REMEMBER you said you want no government in your lives the "BLOCKCHAIN" will sort it out ..

Protagoras had contracted to teach Euathlus rhetoric so that he could become a lawyer..
No need for lawyers decentralised REMEMBER Roll Eyes..No law to enforces it will the blockchain do it ? Cheesy..

My decision is Euathlus won the case .. FACT .. Why you ask?

Because they agreed that if he went into law and won his first case that Euathlus would pay the other half NOW Protagoras was being a GREEDY SHIT by dragging Euathlus into court SO this case is
irrelevant to the first case  because you Protagoras decided to make the other case to benefit yourself
and by doing so you hurt the other person rather than him hurting you..

If he would of had a separate court case AND being a PRACTISING LAWYER then yes i would of awarded
the case to you Protagoras but you brought him here to trick the courts and by doing so you
Protagoras will be fined 5 thousand duckets  Wink..GREEDY MAN ..wasting courts time Angry Angry..

Your lucky Protagoras your not hanging on a cross like that jesus dude Wink..
Now get out my court you BUM..

But imagine decentralised ? NO GOOD JUDGE   like popcorn1 Wink..

NOW i make that 95 points to me in the game of NOMIC so roll the dice who is next?
Jeez your all only on 5 points Roll Eyes..First to 100 THE RULES REMEMBER ..NOMIC ..

First to 100 and POPCORN1 is on 95 points the rest on 5 points Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..

YOU KNOW I WAS A FAIR JUDGE   and right Wink..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:39:28 PM

So the Protagoras and Euathlus court case is worthless because in a decentralised world if Protagoras
asked Euathlus to build him a home and after Protagoras paying him and 1 year later the home fell down
no courts to tell Euathlus to pay Protagoras back ..

Your making smart contracts to help the government  FACT..
Smart contracts saves time for the law to investigate the contract..
NO LAW  what is the point in a CONTRACT ?..

You will make a set of coded rules that the user has to stick by BUT how many stick to the rules?.
Hack steal lie    exchanges rob you SO even if you think you made a safe way for the law to be less involved YOU STILL NEED THE LAW Kiss Kiss< The law is government and they take TAXES..
pakboi

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 06:56:52 PM

I have joined the ICO before and no update since then? What happen?
Ano

Activity: 1148
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

I have joined the ICO before and no update since then? What happen?

https://twitter.com/tez0s/status/1001547650049757185

Maybe you are not following them on social media that's could be the reason why you are missing important update. Now they are heading to the betanet in next few days and they are not active into this thread.
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:02:35 PM

Norwegian robot learns to self-evolve and 3D print itself in the lab..

Experts at the University of Oslo, Norway have discovered a new way for robots to design, evolve and manufacture themselves, without input from humans, using a form of artificial evolution called “Generative design,” and 3D printers – although admittedly the team, for now at least, still has to assemble the final product, robot, when it’s printed.

Generative design is something we’ve talked about several times before and it’s where artificial intelligence programs – creative machines, if you will – not humans, innovate new products – such as chairs and even Under Armour’s new Architech sneakers.

So in theory you could be playing a computer game and the robot gets fed up of getting killed then replicate it's self by 3D printing and come and kill you Cheesy.<<FACT..

Not many manual workers needed because of robots and no thinkers because self evolve ..
UNIVERSAL INCOME will be needed fact..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:15:49 PM

New breakthrough polymer could charge electric cars in seconds..

The codeless computers of the future and the fall of the programming elite..

Massive new satellite network can watch everyone on Earth..

New breakthrough gives AI a human memory..

Wall Street traders are getting crushed by AI Cheesy..

An AI backed by Elon Musk just ‘evolved’ to learn by itself.. Shocked

Microsoft’s AI has learnt how to write it’s own code and create its own programs..

I suppose i will need to make one of these? Wink

How to Make EMP Gun - YouTube
Video for EMP GUN youtube▶ 1:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvpZXmYRP4o
5 Dec 2016 - Uploaded by American Hacker
You can easy convert your old camera into electromagnetic pulse gun, and only thing you need is to remove . Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy..

Use this to start my gun  ON STANDBY   Get ready ..
New breakthrough polymer could charge electric cars in seconds OR my EMP GUN  for those crazy ROBOTS Cheesy..  self replicating robots..
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 08:17:35 PM

Future sounds bright?..
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 05:40:27 PM

#WeAreBaking  👨‍🍳

@TezosCommunity
 1h1 hour ago
More
#FF Tezos around the world:
@TezosSAfrica
@TezosBoston
@TezosJapan
@Tezos_Korea
@TezosChina
@TezosAlabama
@TezosShenzhen
@TezoSpanish
@TezosSH
@Tezos_Beijing

Who did we miss?   < TEZZIES BANGKOK
There are also:

@TezosArg
@TezosSbrija
@TezosRussia
@TrTezos
@TezosGreece
@TezosCatalonia ‏

and many more. Tezos is so popular, you can pretty much make twitter account Tezos[insert country here] and gain easy followers. 
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:31:47 PM

uh-oh. looks like KYC will be mandatory for Tezos contributors too. Even tho it was not, back in July.
Source: https://twitter.com/TezosFoundation/status/1005870093375504384
Pages: « 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 [168] 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 236 »
  Print  

Jump to: