May 08, 2024, 03:58:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 15893 15894 15895 15896 15897 15898 15899 15900 15901 15902 15903 15904 15905 15906 15907 15908 15909 15910 15911 15912 15913 15914 15915 15916 15917 15918 15919 15920 15921 15922 15923 15924 15925 15926 15927 15928 15929 15930 15931 15932 15933 15934 15935 15936 15937 15938 15939 15940 15941 15942 [15943] 15944 15945 15946 15947 15948 15949 15950 15951 15952 15953 15954 15955 15956 15957 15958 15959 15960 15961 15962 15963 15964 15965 15966 15967 15968 15969 15970 15971 15972 15973 15974 15975 15976 15977 15978 15979 15980 15981 15982 15983 15984 15985 15986 15987 15988 15989 15990 15991 15992 15993 ... 33333 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26377321 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10225

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:24:58 PM

But JimboT, we already know from your many admissions against interest that you have very little will power when it comes to beer and java, so even though you could have had enough satoshis for 16 beers if you had hung onto the BTC transaction, wouldn't it be safe to assume that you only got 4 beers out of it?   Cry Cry
They only accept Canadian dollars where I was playing, so that's what I used to buy what beer I had to buy myself. Between complimentary beers and those bought for me by members of the audience, I don't usually spend a lot on beer when I'm gigging.

As for my gifted satoshis, they're still in my phone wallet. I only spend my bitcoins when i absolutely must. The last I spent was to buy a couple hundred dollars to take to the ballpark back in June. I was able to buy them back a couple of weeks later after the price dipped.

Fair enough. It is nice to see real world thinking and even practical barriers that may exist in terms of buying/selling bitcoin.

You likely realize that I was razzing you based on some themes that have come up in your posts.  It seems that your approach to bitcoin remains fairly similar to other folks who generally consider themselves as bitcoin accumulators, and in that regard, you spend fiat first and generally replace bitcoin that you spend within a fairly prompt timeline.   Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:29:02 PM

Hillary wins, Trump doesn't accept and starts riots on the streets. BTC up

hahahaha... I like the way you outline the various scenarios.  Surely, this third scenario is an interesting one, but really does not seem that likely.  Surely, it seems likely that Trump could create  a little drama to the extent that he considers it helpful to his brand, but really it may seem a bit counter productive (to his Brand) to attempt to continue in any kind of persistent manner with this, if it were to play out in that third scenario direction.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2789
Merit: 1816

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:52:11 PM

hahahaha... I like the way you outline the various scenarios.  Surely, this third scenario is an interesting one, but really does not seem that likely.  Surely, it seems likely that Trump could create  a little drama to the extent that he considers it helpful to his brand, but really it may seem a bit counter productive (to his Brand) to attempt to continue in any kind of persistent manner with this, if it were to play out in that third scenario direction.

Which part of his speeches make you think that he's capable of graciously accepting defeat? It might create a temporary chaos with others trying to exploit the opportunity (i.e. Russia going all out in Syria, China grabbing more islands, Texas trying to secede from US etc...)
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 07:53:36 PM

@JJG So you had a plan (10%), and stuck with it (buying more) when the dollar value of your investment went down.
But now when it is 30%, you don't stick with your plan by not selling down to 10% (not judging, just summarizing).

My plan was to own a certain percentage of the Bitcoin network which got easier over time because of the declining price. Now I have it, and like you can't seem to sell them for fiat or s(t)ocks I don't need. A bitcoin is just too damn precious.

Ehh just about $707 per BTC1
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:03:08 PM

Trump hasnt to start anything. The atmosphere is already heated enough in his camp through his allegations the last months/weeks. He could even officialy declare he is against any sort of violence and you could potentially see mobsters and riots in certain states.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:26:58 PM

@JJG So you had a plan (10%), and stuck with it (buying more) when the dollar value of your investment went down.

In late 2013, I had a certain amount of money that I could invest, and in September/October 2013, I invested part of that money in traditional stocks, and I had not really thought about bitcoin but I had it bookmarked in my browser to look into it, and in about mid-November 2013, I pretty much learned about bitcoin by looking into the bookmarked resources that I had set aside.  Accordingly, at that point, I decided to take a stake and I had some preliminary and initial ideas based on having little information, and I had also planned to research further into the matter while I dollar cost average invested over the next 6 months (and like I said, my overall initial idea was to invest no more than 10% of my quasi-liquid investment capital into bitcoin). 

If I make an initial and rudimentary assessment in time 1, I am not locked into that rudimentary assessment at time 2 (6 months later) or time 3 (one year later) or time 4 (three years later).  That would be ridiculous to suggest that I need to be locked into any kind of plan or any kind of way of thinking about apportioning of risk or even feeling sufficiently invested or sufficiently diversified.

Additional thinking that I had was to buy on the way down and to sell on the way up (that is more or less a concept that I attribute getting from Warren Buffet, even though I doubt that he is any kind of originator of such concept).  So, yeah, I continued to dollar cost average buy throughout 2014 and attempting to buy more as the price went down and to refrain from buying when the price went up, because during all of 2014, I considered my BTC portfolio/holdings to be largely continuing to be in an accumulation only phase.

But now when it is 30%, you don't stick with your plan by not selling down to 10%

Through the past 3 years of looking into BTC, investing in BTC and considering and reconsidering my own financial particulars, I have the right to change my ideas however I believe is reasonable for my own evolving circumstances and my own evolving thinking.

I also think that there is a bit of a different dynamic if a person invests up to 10% without appreciation in an asset or invests 30% without appreciation in an asset... Surely the appreciation of the asset should be considered, but merely having appreciation of an asset, whether that appreciation is 5% 20%, 100%, 500% or more than 1000% does not dictate what is the next action of the investor.  I think that ultimately, any consideration of a plan needs to be tailored to individual considerations and even tweaked based on various individual considerations that are not necessarily locked in and have the ability to evolve (whether gradual or steep).

(not judging, just summarizing).

Yeah, a little judgement seems to come off in your summary, but that is fine, I suppose.   Sometimes, I also write responses that may contain some judgement inferences therein (sometimes intentional and sometimes not). 

I think that part of the reason that I participate so much in this forum is to be able to consider what other folks are doing and thinking and also to bounce some of my ideas off of other folks.  I don't necessarily expect to interact without being the recipient of some judgement.. and frequently, I stick to the position that bitcoin investors need to tailor their considerations and their BTC investment strategies (or not) to their own circumstances and comfort levels.

My plan was to own a certain percentage of the Bitcoin network which got easier over time because of the declining price.

Actually, I agree with you. Sometimes, I may share a lot about various aspects of my investment, but I also decide not to share all particulars about what I do and various intimacies of my own plans.  Nonetheless, the change in the price (especially lowering of the price), made some goals to be easier (whether that goal is expressed in fiat or expressed in BTC).  And, yeah, I have come across a lot of discussion in which some posters have a goal to accumulate and continue to hold a certain quantity of bitcoin, and the quantity may vary, such as 1BTC or 21BTC or 100BTC or some other variant.

I also kind of have a certain quantity of BTC in mind that I would like to stay above, and I have some charts that I have created that project my BTC holdings into the future and at certain price points, so there is some underlying considerations that I have regarding a desire to hold a certain quantity of bitcoin (and yeah holding a certain quantity of bitcoin could also screw up my other thinking in terms of what percentage of my net worth BTC represents and whether I need to diversify some of my networth out of BTC in order to feel more comfortable).

Now I have it, and like you can't seem to sell them for fiat or s(t)ocks I don't need. A bitcoin is just too damn precious.

I agree with you that overall Bitcoin is likely a whole hell of a lot more valuable than a lot of the other traditional investment vehicles - nonetheless, I think that we remain quite a ways away from a day in which we remove all of our investment from various traditional asset classes, yet I understand that if you have little to no investment at all, you may think that you want to get started by investing in BTC only or you may diversify with some crypto currencies, and to me, maintaining 100% of quasi-liquid investment assets in various kinds of crypto (even if mostly or almost exclusively in BTC) remains considerably risky.  Sure, sometimes, younger folks (in their teens or early 20s) may consider that they have a timeline in which they can be more risky with their investment strategy, and surely there is some truth to the fact that age (and timeline) makes a difference in how risky of an approach may be prudent for one person but not prudent for another person.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 08:32:55 PM

hahahaha... I like the way you outline the various scenarios.  Surely, this third scenario is an interesting one, but really does not seem that likely.  Surely, it seems likely that Trump could create  a little drama to the extent that he considers it helpful to his brand, but really it may seem a bit counter productive (to his Brand) to attempt to continue in any kind of persistent manner with this, if it were to play out in that third scenario direction.

Which part of his speeches make you think that he's capable of graciously accepting defeat? It might create a temporary chaos with others trying to exploit the opportunity (i.e. Russia going all out in Syria, China grabbing more islands, Texas trying to secede from US etc...)

Well, it is quite possible that he may feel that he has to do something material and substantial in order to keep his brand and to appear to be a person of his word.  But Trump says all kinds of bullshit and mischaracterizes himself in all kinds of ways that are inconsistent with actual facts of what actually happened and what is actually provable.  There are likely hundreds of examples in which he makes a kind of stupid ass statement and then fairly soon thereafter he either asserts that he did not say or that he meant x rather than y.

He also tries to be a bit unpredictable too, so I really consider it to be a kind of waste of time to attempt to predict what he is going to do, even though I have various ideas in my head that it is likely that he is going to continue to attempt to garner attention by whatever it is that he does in order to attempt to maintain hopeful relevance with his brand.

Trump hasnt to start anything. The atmosphere is already heated enough in his camp through his allegations the last months/weeks. He could even officialy declare he is against any sort of violence and you could potentially see mobsters and riots in certain states.

Yes.  Fair enough.

mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:07:52 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2016, 10:33:05 PM by mymenace

Current bitcoin market buy walls have increased

this reflect a knowing of impending increase in btc price

Current Market influence is currently attributed to
the population understanding the media like abc, nbc, cnn propaganda machine and it reflects in aus and britain (brexit), as well governments not protecting them (previous court cases globally, FBI and DOJ interference)

This can also be reflected in the knowledge of the money making machine of the top three PRIVATELY owned banks.

Federal Reserve USA

Reserve Bank of Australia

Bank of England

When seen the the link between these three and the propped up stocks and markets will crumble

If the population fails to see this, who knows what will occur

my theory is a false flag attack to detract from the market crash needed to be unleashed by these banks due to low interest rates, derivatives and bond market highs

Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:14:16 PM

I will be trading this:

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:19:45 PM

Tbh i arrived at the point where i wish trump would win.

The US kinda deserves the clownfiesta.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:21:50 PM

But now when it is 30%, you don't stick with your plan by not selling down to 10% (not judging, just summarizing).

My plan was to own a certain percentage of the Bitcoin network which got easier over time because of the declining price. Now I have it, and like you can't seem to sell them for fiat or s(t)ocks I don't need. A bitcoin is just too damn precious.

Ehh just about $707 per BTC1

I tend to value my investments on their long term potential which makes me sometimes forget about right now. Or be irrelevant.
But please keep that thought, and I will happily buy them (of you).
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:53:21 PM

I will be trading this:

Good luck with that.    Roll Eyes Tongue

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 11:53:52 PM

Election set-up feels a lot like Brexit, with weeks of indecision and the confidence of establishment-supporting morons holding the line, then a stock rally (risk off trade) up into the polling day erasing large losses accrued over uncertainty ... might even be a further rally on the day of election and then the massive dumps begin when poll surprise numbers start rolling in.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:18:53 AM

Rasmussen polling accidentally releases report showing landslide Trump victory:

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:30:31 AM

ooh boy we are in for a ride
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 02:16:57 AM

This time i will short like there is no tommorow.

Pinky promise! Gonna grab them by their pussy. 100%
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:46:49 AM

This time i will short like there is no tommorow.

Pinky promise! Gonna grab them by their pussy. 100%

How about building a wall around the polling places to prevent Hillary voters? And make Muslims pay for that wall?
DaRude
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 03:59:49 AM

Election set-up feels a lot like Brexit, with weeks of indecision and the confidence of establishment-supporting morons holding the line, then a stock rally (risk off trade) up into the polling day erasing large losses accrued over uncertainty ... might even be a further rally on the day of election and then the massive dumps begin when poll surprise numbers start rolling in.

...and then even the leadership is so surprised that they win that everyone quits cause no one wants to captain that titanic?

Only chaos is actually good for BTC so from that standpoint  Roll Eyes  Grin
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 07:44:11 AM

Only chaos is actually good for BTC

But not too much!
Banks should function properly to allow fiat flow into bitcoin in an orderly fashion.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 09:57:28 AM

I hate stocks. They dont have tradeable trends and they just immediately jump to some target price whenever news comes out. There are no rebounds and corrections. The banks and big guns have everything locked down to a tee. The worst is how they close and gap on the next day when you cannot trade them, plus they can be halted. On top of that, you have to pay extra to get real time data and pay for order books, on a market by market basis.

I love stocks... you can control the price of food, water, gas, etc... for the population. But what concerns me, and any of you don't seem to give a sh!t about is the money that flow in these exchanges. And what will happen when they realize that bitcoin/gold or any other precious physical metal is more precious than what we give them. It is just a big snowball ready to roll down the hill.  Roll Eyes  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 15893 15894 15895 15896 15897 15898 15899 15900 15901 15902 15903 15904 15905 15906 15907 15908 15909 15910 15911 15912 15913 15914 15915 15916 15917 15918 15919 15920 15921 15922 15923 15924 15925 15926 15927 15928 15929 15930 15931 15932 15933 15934 15935 15936 15937 15938 15939 15940 15941 15942 [15943] 15944 15945 15946 15947 15948 15949 15950 15951 15952 15953 15954 15955 15956 15957 15958 15959 15960 15961 15962 15963 15964 15965 15966 15967 15968 15969 15970 15971 15972 15973 15974 15975 15976 15977 15978 15979 15980 15981 15982 15983 15984 15985 15986 15987 15988 15989 15990 15991 15992 15993 ... 33333 »
  Print  

Jump to: