April 30, 2024, 10:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 [23439] 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 23453 23454 23455 23456 23457 23458 23459 23460 23461 23462 23463 23464 23465 23466 23467 23468 23469 23470 23471 23472 23473 23474 23475 23476 23477 23478 23479 23480 23481 23482 23483 23484 23485 23486 23487 23488 23489 ... 33307 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26369588 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:44:01 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2019, 01:57:37 AM by dyask

Additionally one can take physical delivery of bitcoin in the form of a hardware wallet

Jesus Christ, can you people stop lying for even one minute?  Bitcoin is cloud banking - a virtual breadloaf that you claim to own a slice of.  It CANNOT be removed from this cloud system; you cannot transport it to your house, a safe, your car; it never moves, it always stays in the cloud.  It is not possible to take delivery of a bitcoin.  If it was possible, the act of me deploying a giant mass of ASICs and censoring all transactions except my own would have no effect on you, but it does.

You can't do jack shit because you never had possession of anything.  It's billed as a cooperative system with some sort of Nash equilibrium, but it's nothing more than a dystopian permissioned ledger in practice, ripe for complete govt control since transaction validators/mining warehouses centralize so much and have such easy surface attack vector for govt control and regulation.  

Just about everything concerning the whitepaper was either false from the start or became untrue over time.  For example, it claims bitcoin is a "peer to peer" system for transactions, yet it's not even possible to do a transaction without involving three or more parties in the first place.  The extra parties are the built-in rent seeking middlemen, then the nodes and whole mass of other shit.  I do not consider a system with built-in 3rd parties as "peer to peer". Whereas using physical metals or even a god damned tree branch I can do an actual peer to peer transaction.

Since truth is a foreign concept to you I don't mind you calling me a liar.    I was pointing out that bitcoin possession can be far more tangible than many other forms of wealth in our modern society.    

The rest of you post is mostly nonsense but I think that is clear to anyone intelligent.  

Edit: Since I've been asked not to quote you ... I think I'll just ignore your senseless prattle from here on out.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:49:04 AM

Please stop quoting Roach.
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:57:11 AM

No, we need what he knows.
100% pro sucks. 100% is like dictatorship
dyask

Activity: 854
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 01:59:16 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2019, 02:30:44 AM by dyask

No, we need what he knows.
100% pro sucks. 100% is like dictatorship

I don't think you have to worry about that.  Roaches are hard to kill.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 02:13:49 AM
Merited by bones261 (2)

There was some interest in the antics of my neighbor and his 69 Camaro last year so I will offer an update.

His tech is scheduled for Saturday, it just came out of the garage for the first time this season and laid a solid 80 ft burnout in our alley.

All the cats in the neighborhood are in hiding.

the cat eats better than me

it's not fair to punish her for my bitcoin addiction

noted

+1 WOsMerit

------

Hey..good evening all. Another Tuesday bested.

Welp...I guess 74% is better than 26%...or 0%...but what do I know about these matters.
https://www.bloomberg.com/crypto

In other news there is talk of a cryptocity being developed in the Malacca Straights...possibly explains the unreasonable crackdown on our friends near Phuket even though they are over 450 miles to the north.

https://toshitimes.com/blockchain-city-with-support-from-the-chinese-government-is-being-created-in-malaysia/

------

#dyor
1h

4h

D

#stronghands'19
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 02:58:10 AM

There was some interest in the antics of my neighbor and his 69 Camaro last year so I will offer an update.

His tech is scheduled for Saturday, it just came out of the garage for the first time this season and laid a solid 80 ft burnout in our alley.

Nice. How are the brakes?
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:04:21 AM

Nice. How are the brakes?

Adequate I imagine, all Wilwood aftermarket stuff.

If he goes under 9.50 or over 145MPH in the 1/4 he will have to fit a parachute.
Phil_S
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1461

We choose to go to the moon

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:04:44 AM

Where we're going we don't need brakes.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:16:08 AM

There is the Opendime ... that's about as physical as bitcoin gets. (Aside from a sealed paper wallet or equivalent.)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:17:20 AM

Where we're going we don't need brakes.

It would appear so, just noticing that we seem to be convincingly above 5300 again.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:44:22 AM

Jbreher, when was the last time you even really cared about Bitcoins price movement and not just used this topic to defend Bcash or bsv?

I always care about BTC price movements, as my bags are heavy with it. If there wasn't any upside for me in this advocacy, do you think I'd be taking the continued abuse?

And in point of truth, if you hadn't noticed, my attempts to gain recognition of the flaws within LN -- at the cost of crippled onchain capacity -- have nothing whatsoever to do with BCH nor SV, as neither of these chains suffer from anemic block size caps.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3424
Merit: 4344

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:51:13 AM

When Bitcoin’s market capitalization grows to the size of Gold’s, 1 BTC will be worth $300,000-$400,000.

This is just gold, Bitcoin can do a lot more that. Wink
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 03:52:34 AM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

So...

There's this new documentary series entitled 'Money Revealed'. I think I was alerted to this due to my being a customer of Agora Financial (Rickards, Wiggins, Prins, Stockman...).

AAR, while this is a for-profit series, they are teasing out each episode for 24 hours. Today's episode centers on crypto and blockchain.

I'm in the middle of the second interview, which is pretty good. First was Patrick Byrne - who is always great to hear from.

Recommended. Get it before it goes dark tomorrow.

https://moneyrevealed.com/episodes/episode-7-ar3ak0d69n.php

Meh, watched it for 15 minutes and couldn't be bothered. It might be good fo peops that have no clue. I really couldn't care if that kid graduates college or not, just a waste of my time listening to this.

Great, I did everything it said I would. Doh. Cheesy
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 7952

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 04:02:23 AM
Merited by Paashaas (2)

Jbreher, when was the last time you even really cared about Bitcoins price movement and not just used this topic to defend Bcash or bsv?

I always care about BTC price movements, as my bags are heavy with it. If there wasn't any upside for me in this advocacy, do you think I'd be taking the continued abuse?

And in point of truth, if you hadn't noticed, my attempts to gain recognition of the flaws within LN -- at the cost of crippled onchain capacity -- have nothing whatsoever to do with BCH nor SV, as neither of these chains suffer from anemic block size caps.

>says he's invested in BTC
>takes lame shots at BTC every chance he gets

The more breher speaks, the more I think hes a troll that lives in his mother's basement, and owns no crypto at all. Putting him on ignore. Its the healthiest option at this point. What does he actually contribute of value in terms of conversation? He can't absorb incoming information, only rehash tired rhetoric.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:52:30 AM

So Tether, the 100% backed by fiat 100% stable coin that no one can mine because it's SPECIAL is really only 74% backed by assets.

https://www.coindesk.com/tether-lawyer-confirms-stablecoin-74-percent-backed-by-cash-and-equivalents

Man what is it with people? Everyone falls for the infinite temptation of fractional-reserve banking. Everyone seems to just say the best intentions but really be full of 100% USDA horseshit.

Bitcoin is simply not going to succeed because you can't commit fraud with it. If you have a bitcoin you have a bitcoin. If you don't have a bitcoin you simply can't say you have a bitcoin.

Sad that the only thing which will work in this world is fraud.
I don't know how long it will take, but people are very slowly waking up. At least if liberals stop actively decreasing the average IQ by removing all responsibility from citizens in a charade of morals.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:56:11 AM

Huh after all these years i figured you just liked the abuse. You mean you sincerely think that BSV is a good idea ?  Shocked i am soooo sorry 
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:57:32 AM

Additionally one can take physical delivery of bitcoin in the form of a hardware wallet

Jesus Christ, can you people stop lying for even one minute?  Bitcoin is cloud banking - a virtual breadloaf that you claim to own a slice of.  It CANNOT be removed from this cloud system; you cannot transport it to your house, a safe, your car; it never moves, it always stays in the cloud.  It is not possible to take delivery of a bitcoin.  If it was possible, the act of me deploying a giant mass of ASICs and censoring all transactions except my own would have no effect on you, but it does.

You can't do jack shit because you never had possession of anything.  It's billed as a cooperative system with some sort of Nash equilibrium, but it's nothing more than a dystopian permissioned ledger in practice, ripe for complete govt control since transaction validators/mining warehouses centralize so much and have such easy surface attack vector for govt control and regulation.  

Just about everything concerning the whitepaper was either false from the start or became untrue over time.  For example, it claims bitcoin is a "peer to peer" system for transactions, yet it's not even possible to do a transaction without involving three or more parties in the first place.  The extra parties are the built-in rent seeking middlemen, then the nodes and whole mass of other shit.  I do not consider a system with built-in 3rd parties as "peer to peer". Whereas using physical metals or even a god damned tree branch I can do an actual peer to peer transaction.

Since truth is a foreign concept to you I don't mind you calling me a liar.    I was pointing out that bitcoin possession can be far more tangible than many other forms of wealth in our modern society.    

The rest of you post is mostly nonsense but I think that is clear to anyone intelligent.  

What a lying scumbag.

1)  If something doesn't even exist in physical reality, you're obviously not taking "physical possession" of it, so your argument is already retarded out of the gate.  

2)  Bitcoins are nothing more than imaginary timestamps inside a permissioned ledger system.  The so called "coins" themselves don't even exist and it's just a misnomer to intentionally mislead people into believing they're equivalent to real world coinage.

3)  If you actually could take "physical possession" of a bitcoin, then I wouldn't be able to place an embargo on your coin and censor all your transactions just by deploying a bunch of ASICs and blacklisting your funds.  Physical possession implies your so called coin is not encumbered in red tape and you can actually do what you want with it - trading it, giving it away, sticking it up your ass - not trapped inside a permissioned ledger prison system.  

4)  The bitcoin whitepaper PRETENDS transactions are blinded and somehow can't be censored when they're NOT.  It ASSUMES the existence of a Nash equilibrium when it doesn't exist.  It's a permissioned ledger where it's not possible for your coins to ever be unencumbered from 3rd party middlemen because those 3rd party, rent seeking, transaction validator gatekeepers are BUILT-IN.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:00:49 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (1)

In other news, Florida illegally attempts to pass law to revoke the 1st amendment and make talking about Jews in any manner illegal:

https://www.watchdog.org/florida/florida-legislature-delivers-anti-semitism-law-for-desantis-to-sign/article_55995e22-6ab3-11e9-945f-6bdcae8a6e70.html
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact bhartsell@ilnews.org or call (847) 497-5230.

The EU is a shithole.

End of the day, open WO last page ..... r0ach, r0ach and rebalf*** damn ......

Instant go to HODLsleep Roll Eyes

No time for those F***up’s!

Goodnight WO’s and HODL on.
Your mind is so small to undetstand things. Just repeat what others say.
I'm not sure somebody with three merits for 327 posts can speak about intelligence with any authority. There are enough BTC antagonists on this forum for you to get merit from them if you had anything of value to say.

Or in words you can understand: Eat shit retard.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:02:10 AM

So Tether, the 100% backed by fiat 100% stable coin that no one can mine because it's SPECIAL is really only 74% backed by assets.

https://www.coindesk.com/tether-lawyer-confirms-stablecoin-74-percent-backed-by-cash-and-equivalents

Man what is it with people? Everyone falls for the infinite temptation of fractional-reserve banking. Everyone seems to just say the best intentions but really be full of 100% USDA horseshit.

Bitcoin is simply not going to succeed because you can't commit fraud with it. If you have a bitcoin you have a bitcoin. If you don't have a bitcoin you simply can't say you have a bitcoin.

I don't know how long it will take, but people are very slowly waking up. At least if liberals stop actively decreasing the average IQ by removing all responsibility from citizens in a charade of morals.

Fractional reserve has been working for banks for hundreds of years now, don't see why it can't for Finex. Even knowing what we know now people still hold their money there, it would take 75% of people to withdraw now for them to go belly up and it doesn't look like we're close to that happening, in fact they'd probably be "safe" running at 50% fractional reserve.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 05:07:05 AM

Fractional reserve has been working for banks for hundreds of years now, don't see why it can't for Finex. Even knowing what we know now people still hold their money there, it would take 75% of people to withdraw now for them to go belly up think and doesn't look like we're close to that happening, in fact they'd probably be "safe" running at 50% fractional reserve.
To clarify, my post was in reference to the cursive part.

As I see it the real issue is with central banking, over the top tax rates and government wastefulness. Fractional reserve can work if done sensibly and not bailed out by the tax payer. It's no different from debt, which is a highly productive tool.
Pages: « 1 ... 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 23403 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 [23439] 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 23453 23454 23455 23456 23457 23458 23459 23460 23461 23462 23463 23464 23465 23466 23467 23468 23469 23470 23471 23472 23473 23474 23475 23476 23477 23478 23479 23480 23481 23482 23483 23484 23485 23486 23487 23488 23489 ... 33307 »
  Print  

Jump to: