April 27, 2024, 01:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23353 23354 23355 23356 23357 23358 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 23374 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 [23403] 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 23439 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 23453 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368568 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12008

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:49:21 PM

Sheeeit.
We're going below $5k, aren't we ?  Cry

Meh.

Disregard.

Looks like support has held, and we're now in the waiting period before hitting $6k.

Keep on hodling, brothers.

Cheers and hodling on bro Smiley
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:51:21 PM

Sheeeit.
We're going below $5k, aren't we ?  Cry

Meh.

Disregard.

Looks like support has held, and we're now in the waiting period before hitting $6k.

Keep on hodling, brothers.
I suspect the ups&downs are not over yet.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 02:57:44 PM

I don't know, that avatar makes me a little queasy.  Maybe I can do one blindfolded.

Had to look up 'queasy'!

Please improvise - as always. That would be just the main idea I suppose. You excel in 3D claw marks from what I can tell.
Other than that, he can speak for himself. My work here is done. Cool
Thank you.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10165

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:04:28 PM

I find the timing suspicious. I wouldnt be surprised if TDAmeritrade influenced TPTB to go after Bitfinex to help free up some new customers for their big launch. Long term it will be great to get rid of Bitfinex, but short term, lets be real, this is gonna suck for price for the next few weeks or month.

Gonna bump us out of the "BTC*** BTC***"?
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:04:48 PM

That's pretty big hair!  I had to put a hole through the peak to make it work Smiley

edit: We always act with you, the customer, as our first priority.

Thanks xhomerx10!!

Yes, its a caricature so had to exaggerate a bit during sculpting. you clearly managed the hole thingy nicely  Grin

JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 03:16:40 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 03:31:28 PM by JSRAW

for award winners

https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/1122159454164623361

Nice, a Martyr! Maybe m0ar religious fucking Zealots will follow him.

Is there a fund raiser to help them on their way to saving those poor backward godless heathens?

Check this, This group was responsible for all this https://allnations.us/

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article222250020.html

He was just a foot soldier in this case, Christian missionary are big problem in South Asia, specially in India and they are trying very hard here for so so so so long.

Before sending him to island they literally trained him with every possible simulation.
https://www.localbuzzot.com/2018/11/30/john-chau-aced-missionary-boot-camp-reality-proved-a-harsher-test/

Simply months earlier than endeavor probably the most forbidding journey in his life as a younger missionary to a distant Indian Ocean island, John Allen Chau was blindfolded and dropped off on a mud street in a distant a part of Kansas.

After an extended stroll, he discovered a mock village within the woods inhabited by missionaries wearing odd thrift-store garments, pretending to not perceive a phrase he stated. His position was to evangelise the gospel. The others had been alleged to be bodily aggressive. Some got here at him with faux spears, talking gibberish.

It was a part of an intensive and considerably secretive three-week missionary coaching camp. Mary Ho, the worldwide government chief for All Nations, the group that ran the coaching, stated, “John was among the finest individuals on this expertise that we have now ever had.”

For Mr. Chau, 26, the boot camp was the end result of years of meticulous planning that concerned linguistics coaching and finding out to turn out to be an emergency medical technician, in addition to foregoing full-time jobs so he might journey and toughen himself up.

He did all of it with the single-minded aim of breaking via to the individuals of North Sentinel Island, a distant outpost of hunters and gatherers within the Andaman Sea who had proven large hostility to outsiders.

VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 03:26:57 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2019, 04:18:31 PM by VB1001

All day hitting, but BTCitcoin is hard.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:16:00 PM

yeah...I got a really bad feeling about the coming weeks
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4872

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:21:36 PM

Long at $20k is a dumb explanation.

No one with any brains is long at $20k for 16 months without, at minimum, making some additional buys to bring down their average cost per BTC.

In other words, it should be quite difficult to sympathize with anyone who made that kind of dumb gambling move to buy at $20k and to sit on it without having further plans and action in the 16 months.

Edit:  By the way, you raised a bit of a different point, Hueristic, so we are deviating from the original point that I was attempting to make.  I went back to my original post, linked above, and for context, that post was questioning how it seems that so many people involved in such a greatly performing asset class, such as bitcoin, since 2013 are "poor."

It takes money to make money. Also if they were over extended during the fall and had to take a loss to survive then well that is pretty easy to figure out.

FOMO kills
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:28:13 PM

I don't know, that avatar makes me a little queasy.  Maybe I can do one blindfolded.

Had to look up 'queasy'!

Please improvise - as always. That would be just the main idea I suppose. You excel in 3D claw marks from what I can tell.
Other than that, he can speak for himself. My work here is done. Cool
Thank you.

I enjoy seeing new vernacular used as its always fun to see things expressed in a inexorable fashion. I once used "Sans" in a post on a forum and noticed it was used and inordinate amount in the next few months, I thought that was cool. Smiley
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:30:31 PM

Feelings, smeelings. 
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 04:33:24 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), El duderino_ (1), AlcoHoDL (1), BobLawblaw (1), bitserve (1), Toxic2040 (1), vroom (1), Cryptotourist (1)

Boring afternoon, solution:
Sort the hats.
I will save and update the record now that it is created.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:33:33 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

No one with any brains is long at $20k for 16 months without, at minimum, making some additional buys to bring down their average cost per BTC.

In other words, it should be quite difficult to sympathize with anyone who made that kind of dumb gambling move to buy at $20k and to sit on it without having further plans and action in the 16 months.

Edit:  By the way, you raised a bit of a different point, Hueristic, so we are deviating from the original point that I was attempting to make.  I went back to my original post, linked above, and for context, that post was questioning how it seems that so many people involved in such a greatly performing asset class, such as bitcoin, since 2013 are "poor."

Sometimes "poor" is a subjective, rather than objective status.
A guy losing 450 mil out of 500 mill might feel "poor", but he is not, objectively.
There was a dialogue about it in "Billions" where Ax talks to a hedge fund manager who is left with "just" 200 mil.
The opposite could be true too. Did everyone felt "rich" when we were about to climb over 20K?
I felt mostly bewildered.

hats snipped

Boring afternoon, solution:
Sort the hats.
I will save and update the record now that it is created.

well, you are missing my hat for some reason.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:36:51 PM

Pussy.

I'm doing an extra morning set of 10 reps with my titanium plates. I feel no pain. The only way is up.

True...just saying.....not a big fan of the tether scam...it could get ugly...and on the above I said "coming weeks" Smiley

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:40:43 PM

It takes money to make money. Also if they were over extended during the fall and had to take a loss to survive then well that is pretty easy to figure out.

FOMO kills

Hey... I won't dispute that you can become rich by already being rich - however, I have always been a long term opponent of gambling when it comes to bitcoin - especially, since with a bit of study into the bitcoin matter, there is already decently convincing evidence that bitcoin maintains a ongoing great upside potential.. so with a bit of patience, anyone has good chances of improving his/her/its conditions by exercising reasonably prudent ongoing buying and accumulating strategies... especially a dollar cost averaging approach. 

Of course, there is some difference in any position for someone coming into bitcoin in 2013 versus coming into bitcoin in 2017, and the 2013 folks have had 4 additional years to attempt to play to their advantage.

In other words, even though FOMO exists, it affects BTC price, some folks will advantage and others will be hurt by such FOMO dynamics, I continue to NOT have a lot of sympathy for folks who are not able to figure out a reasonable BTC buy/accumulation strategy in order to address their FOMO issues and to learn to consider bitcoin more as a long term investment rather than a short term gamble. 

Of course, there are exceptions of folks who really know how to play short term scenarios, but the vast majority of peeps are likely to have way success if they take a longer term perspective with bitcoin and to even consider at least a 5 year time-horizon, if that is within reason for them in terms of life expectancy, health and time/meat-wagon factors like that.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2019, 04:43:54 PM

Am I the only one fine with this Tether scam/fud/whatever? Maybe two years ago, any bad development with Tether might affect the whole Bitcoin market. But there are other stablecoins now. Traders can just diversify or move to another stablecoin.

It's like when Poloniex support can't handle the customer volume and rumors of an exit scam are popping up. Many fled Poloniex, it affected the markets temporarily but Binance showed up and became the dominant exchange.

People will just move on. Markets will not be affected permanently.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:45:51 PM

FOMO kills

Hey... I won't dispute that you can become rich by already being rich - however, I have always been a long term opponent of gambling when it comes to bitcoin - especially, since with a bit of study into the bitcoin matter, there is already decently convincing evidence that bitcoin maintains a ongoing great upside potential.. so with a bit of patience, anyone has good chances of improving his/her/its conditions by exercising reasonably prudent ongoing buying and accumulating strategies... especially a dollar cost averaging approach.  

Of course, there is some difference in any position for someone coming into bitcoin in 2013 versus coming into bitcoin in 2017, and the 2013 folks have had 4 additional years to attempt to play to their advantage.

In other words, even though FOMO exists, it affects BTC price, some folks will advantage and others will be hurt by such FOMO dynamics, I continue to NOT have a lot of sympathy for folks who are not able to figure out a reasonable BTC buy/accumulation strategy in order to address their FOMO issues and to learn to consider bitcoin more as a long term investment rather than a short term gamble.  

Of course, there are exceptions of folks who really know how to play short term scenarios, but the vast majority of peeps are likely to have way success if they take a longer term perspective with bitcoin and to even consider at least a 5 year time-horizon, if that is within reason for them in terms of life expectancy, health and time/meat-wagon factors like that.

Well lets take this thread as an example of a contrarian view, If someone new had come to the scene at the top then they would have been cost averaging the whole way down and would still be in the red.

This thread is a Pump and dump on the naysayers environment.

I personally don't care as I don't listen to shit you guys say but there are hoards of morons who do.

Am I the only one fine with this Tether scam/fud/whatever? Maybe two years ago, any bad development with Tether might affect the whole Bitcoin market. But there are other stablecoins now. Traders can just diversify or move to another stablecoin.

It's like when Poloniex support can't handle the customer volume and rumors of an exit scam are popping up. Many fled Poloniex, it affected the markets temporarily but Binance showed up and became the dominant exchange.

Nah, there are tons of threads warning about it.

I and many others been posting warnings for many years.

If they are on this site and haven't seen a warning then they are blind or don't know what the word diligence means, so tough shit on them.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:47:59 PM

Pussy.

I'm doing an extra morning set of 10 reps with my titanium plates. I feel no pain. The only way is up.

True...just saying.....not a big fan of the tether scam...it could get ugly...and on the above I said "coming weeks" Smiley

Wow!!!!!

jojo and Searing are dee same peep.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:52:34 PM

Even though there seem to be a decent amount of posters in this thread that are buying into the evergreen Tether FUD, you are not the only one who recognizes the vast majority of the situation as FUD... whether you describe it as bitcoin does not give a fuck or an attack on tether and bitfinex.  Of course, if the US Gov (and perhaps associated traditional financial institutions), could shut down Tether and bitfiinex and at the same time, make a decent denigration effect on bitcoin, then they are going to pump that bullshit for as much as they can and for as long as they can get away with it.
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
April 27, 2019, 04:55:00 PM

Pussy.

Wow!!!!!

jojo and Searing are dee same peep.

----
good morning folks

consolidating in a tight range this morning as rumors and fud slowly fade into a distant itch of a memory  
trading in this range seems likely to continue until next week as bears try and go one way and bulls another   #dyor
1h

v

#stronghands'19
Pages: « 1 ... 23353 23354 23355 23356 23357 23358 23359 23360 23361 23362 23363 23364 23365 23366 23367 23368 23369 23370 23371 23372 23373 23374 23375 23376 23377 23378 23379 23380 23381 23382 23383 23384 23385 23386 23387 23388 23389 23390 23391 23392 23393 23394 23395 23396 23397 23398 23399 23400 23401 23402 [23403] 23404 23405 23406 23407 23408 23409 23410 23411 23412 23413 23414 23415 23416 23417 23418 23419 23420 23421 23422 23423 23424 23425 23426 23427 23428 23429 23430 23431 23432 23433 23434 23435 23436 23437 23438 23439 23440 23441 23442 23443 23444 23445 23446 23447 23448 23449 23450 23451 23452 23453 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: