April 26, 2024, 03:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 31774 31775 31776 31777 31778 31779 31780 31781 31782 31783 31784 31785 31786 31787 31788 31789 31790 31791 31792 31793 31794 31795 31796 31797 31798 31799 31800 31801 31802 31803 31804 31805 31806 31807 31808 31809 31810 31811 31812 31813 31814 31815 31816 31817 31818 31819 31820 31821 31822 31823 [31824] 31825 31826 31827 31828 31829 31830 31831 31832 31833 31834 31835 31836 31837 31838 31839 31840 31841 31842 31843 31844 31845 31846 31847 31848 31849 31850 31851 31852 31853 31854 31855 31856 31857 31858 31859 31860 31861 31862 31863 31864 31865 31866 31867 31868 31869 31870 31871 31872 31873 31874 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368013 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 01:40:35 AM

Can you tell me if there is any new news?

EUROPE POLITICS: UK and EU agree to crucial Northern Ireland trade deal in Brexit breakthrough

KEY POINTS
- British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak described the new agreement — known as the Windsor Framework — as “the beginning of a new chapter” for the relationship between the U.K. and the EU.
- European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen added that the Framework “respects and protects” the “legitimate” interests of the respective markets.
- Sunak is set to make a statement in Parliament at 1830 GMT.

LONDON — British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak on Monday signed a new trade deal with the European Union designed to remedy problems caused by the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Speaking at a news conference shortly after the announcement, Sunak described the new agreement — known as the Windsor Framework — as “the beginning of a new chapter” for the relationship between the U.K. and the EU.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen added that the framework “respects and protects our respective markets and our respective legitimate interests. And, most importantly, it protects the very hard-earned peace gains of the Belfast Good Friday Agreement.”

Sterling hit a session high of $1.2051, up 0.9%, shortly after the announcement. The euro also rose 0.7% hit a session high of $1.0613.

Sunak is due make a statement in Parliament at 1830 GMT. He said lawmakers would get to vote on the new agreement “at the appropriate time,” adding that vote will be “respected.”

A deal years in the making
The U.K. may have left the European Union on Jan. 31, 2020, but the Northern Ireland Protocol has sparked persistent disagreement ever since. This part of the Brexit deal mandates checks on some goods that travel to Northern Ireland from the rest of the U.K. — with the new negotiations aimed at easing these rules.

Unionist parties in Northern Ireland — which is part of the U.K, unlike its neighbor Ireland, which is part of the EU — have argued that the checks place an effective border in the Irish Sea. The Protocol has also been criticized for jeopardizing the Good Friday Agreement — a long-standing peace deal that brought an end to three decades of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland.

Sunak’s government has sought amendments to the deal signed by former Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who has led calls from the hardline Eurosceptic wing within the ruling Conservative Party to rip up the deal he himself negotiated.

Breaking from predecessors Johnson and Liz Truss, Sunak has taken a less combative approach to engagement with the EU in the hope of reaching a resolution on key issues surrounding Northern Ireland by easing checks on goods traveling across the Irish Sea.

Photo collection to Google.

I think the completion of this trade deal marks the beginning of a whole new chapter.

British Prime Minister Rishi and European Commission President Ursula Mon der Leyen will be able to reach their goal of full peace after the deal is completed.
Very good  Shocked

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 02:01:17 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10152

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 02:17:40 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

so in 2036 when I turn 79 the reward will be

0.39062500BTC

You mean?

$195,312.5 to $390,625

($195,312.5 to $390,625) / 0.390625 BTC = $500,000 to $1,000,000 / BTC

I find these prices a bit conservative for 2036. I hope we get there by 2028. Whatever happens, it's still a win for HoDLers.

I would advise any Bitcoin newbie to set their target at reaching 1 whole BTC. They should attain f.u. status within the next 10 years.

I am not suggesting that I necessarily disagree with you, but wouldn't getting to fuck you status depend upon what is their "personal" "subjective" fuck you status?

I am not saying that truth is subjective, but I am suggesting that there are a lot of individual factors that go into determining "what is" fuck you status?

Unless you might be referring to a kind of default entry-level fuck you status for the west that might be something like $2million in today's dollars... .. and surely it seems that there are pretty decent odds that entry-level fuck you status could be achieved with 1 BTC in 10 years from now.. so in 2033.. ..

And, surely we know that there are some folks who are easily able to get to 1 BTC.. in these times or maybe even within the next 2-5 years; however, the next question would be to be able to hang onto at least 1 BTC in the subsequent 5-8 years in which some of these folks might get shaken from their BTC.

Currently many of us consider right around 80 BTC to be default entry-level fuck you status for todays current overall climate (BTC versus USD versus macro dynamics), and just think about how many guys could have accumulated somewhere in the ballpark of 80 BTC in the past 6-9 years?... so we could say that in the past 5-9 years,  80 BTC could have been fairly easily acquired and accumulated between $24k (at $300 per BTC) and/or $240k ($3k per BTC), and perhaps many folks potentially somewhere in the middle of right around $80k (which would be $1k per BTC), so then for sure, it would have had been better to have had been able to get accumulate up to 80 BTC or more for the lower end of that price spectrum of $300 per BTC or $24k BTC, but even paying a bit more than that might not be so bad based on the current value of 80 BTC.. and at the same time, part of the question might have been to be able to hang onto the BTC, for 5-9 years or longer and still be in a position to have those 80BTC, so sometimes it might not hurt to accumulate more BTC (something like 100 BTC at various points in time) but then still end up with 80 BTC in current times.

Similar with the desire to have 1 BTC or more in 2033 or later, then maybe it might be good to accumulate 1.2 BTC to 1.5 BTC to still be able to have at least 1 BTC by the time 2033-ish comes along.

This is exactly what happens to me when I accept trades in other coins including Bitcoin.

You must be lost Patrol69..,. I mean in the wrong thread.

Who would be so retarded as to trade BTC?

And, maybe you should tell us, from your perspective, whether "other coins" are in the room with us right now?  not that I am trying to feed/save a lost puppy

local consolidation likely to continue into March

Wow!!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked  don't go too far out on a limb

That's a "brave" call.. #nohomo.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 03:01:20 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10152

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 03:18:26 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), AlcoHoDL (1)

Be careful in regards to going 100%, even in bitcoin.  

You need to be able to make sure that you can cover your expenses, including emergencies.. so usually for the vast majority of peeps (normies) and even non-normies, it is not a good idea to go 100% into anything (especially when we are in a transitory period like this, and also that bitcoin constitutes way less than 1% of the word's population's adoption.. and even way less than 1% of the monetary and monetary derivatives values.. not even accounting for the likelihood that bitcoin is quite likely going to continue to increase the size of the monetary value pie in the coming years.. for perhaps more than 200 years into the future and longer) unless you have some very exceptional circumstances.
Even the most hardcore Bitcoin maximalists are not 100% Bitcoin because you cannot survive 100% on Bitcoin. Until there is a service which allows you to pay your mortgage, rent, groceries, daily expenses and any other expenses you have you cannot go 100% Bitcoin. If you do you will probably get stuck. Try finding a dentist that accepts Bitcoin. You cannot unless you live in El Salvador where it is legal tender. In the USA you are not going to be able to live off of Bitcoin on its own.

And, to boot people seem to use the expression 100% in bitcoin in quite ambiguous and confusing ways too... even if there were to be some kind of resolution to get more folks to accept bitcoin as payment, it still does not seem like a great idea to go 100% bitcoin....  because even if any of us might be able to pay our rent, buy our groceries or other consumer products in bitcoin, they are still likely going to be priced in dollars because it would be quite ridicuous for any vender/merchant to price his/her services in bitcoin.. without having to frequently change his/her price.. which is largely likely attempting to make the price fair in terms of dollars otherwise not too many folks are going to buy their goods/services if they have to pay a 20% to 50% premium as compared with similarly competitive products/services.

I suggest having emergency funds but they could differ between people. If you are a older person you might take into consideration that you will need more money because the chances of having a emergency related event is more likely.

Another thing with older folks is that they are not necessarily working for an income, so when folks stop working then they tend to be on "fixed incomes," so they really tend to get fucked when their most common expenses go up.. because whatever their cash sources are likely not going up enough to keep up.

If you are a younger person you might not have any unexpected health issues that can pop up but no one is immune to falling over and breaking a bone or smashing their teeth out so everyone should have a bare minimum of at least $3000 in their emergency savings but I recommend more.

People usually say 3-6 months of living expenses, and of course, you can add on a bit or subtract a bit.. but yeah, usually having more is better in terms of having a bit more flexibility if some extra expenses come up or even if there might be some spontaneous extra spending for consumption goods.. and yeah, many of us might be tempted to NOT want to have as much of an emergency fund because we want to "put our funds to work", but then we end up getting fucked if we put too much of our available funds "to work" and then those funds end up losing their value or some other calamities come to our situations.. and we failed/refused to adequately plan/prepare for such... I am guilty  of having had periods like this in my life in which my cushion was not not enough and then I experienced too much stress and figured out that keeping better/moar cash reserves can be a real relief during those kinds of times in which either unexpected expenses come or lessening of cashflows come (or both)..

If you have a mortgage then you need to have a emergency fund more then the minimum just in case you lose your job. We are in a financial crisis and the likelihood of people losing their job is very high and is unpredictable. If you have a mortgage get insurance that will cover at least a year if you get fired or have savings of at least 6-12 months so you can pay your mortgage. Only then can you start thinking about investing in Bitcoin when you have money left over.  

Yep.. the more uncertainties regarding your cashflow and expenses causes differences.. including if you have a family versus single..  or if you have your own business that requires you to perform versus if you have a salary or some kind of sick pay if something happens to you.. Lots of these kinds of things and sometimes, there may be needs for various kinds of self-insurance (one of them might be a cash reserves) if you are not able to purchase insurance to cover some of the potential issues.

I recommend every one buys Bitcoin but I do not recommend people to be foolish and ignore the possibilities of them having a emergency especially in a financial crisis as large as this one.

I recommend people get started in bitcoin right away.. Of course, everyone is responsible to figure out if s/he is able to start with $100 per week or if s/he might be able to invest more, such as $250 per week or if s/he is ONLY able to do $10 per week.. and those starting out numbers might well be a whole hell of a lot lower while such newbie is figuring out his/her particular financial and psychological circumstances... and to likely tweak later upon getting his/her shit in better order.

It harms the Bitcoin community to because if people invest but then have to take a loss because they need to withdraw during a bear season then they will probably never buy Bitcoin again and that hurts adoption. We want people who are financially ready to invest and will not withdraw at a loss because it drives the price down for us all.

There are always going to be gamblers and speculators in bitcoin, so I don't give too many shits abnout that.. if people are so dumb then whatever, let them do their speculation including leveraging and putting their money with scams and other compulsive and degenerate gamblers who they believe are "safe keeping" their BTC..

We are not going to stop the degenerates and the dummies and the get-rich quick fanatics who are going to end up wrecking themselves like lemmings going off of a cliff... so I try NOT to worry too much about the various degenerates bringing down bitcoin even though you are right that BTC prices sometimes end up getting somewhat suppressed due to such happenings (and we have seen quite a bit of that in the last 6-9 months.. but we saw that in previous cycles, too. ... not going to get rid of those things... if people are that dumb.. let them do it... and call them dummies.. no problem with that.  In other words, I don't know how to stop those kinds of ever-existing folks from self-recking... we may well have some of them who are in somewhat active in this thread, too.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anyhow, it is crazy how people have differing ways of thinking about matters, even when I alway thought that I had provided reasonable frameworks to just HODL your BTC, especially if you do not have very much invested.. but people get anxious and they want to "cash out" and then have regrets.. so what can we do  when trying to "help" others (nocoiners or precoiners) to come around to bitcoin..
I do not want to offend you but your relative reminds me of the saying 'you can lead a horse to water but you cannot teach it to drink' you provided everything for them to succeed and if they were patient and listened to your advice they would have profited a lot but people are too set in their ways and they end up spiting them self.

I don't take offense because I am constantly witnessing examples of people who want to go their own way and recking themselves in one way or another with shitcoins, yield products, fence sitting, selling too much too soon (and then becoming bitter)..  You have been registered on the forum only a couple years less than me. Seems to me that you should have encountered some of these kinds of examples in real life, too?  Of course, it is possible to NOT be very interactive about BTC with others, and I don't even claim to be a social butterfly in the real world, but just having interactions, it seems that bitcoin ends up coming up in the various conversations..

I know some forum members (active in this thread) from time to time have said that they give up talking to others about BTC because it is too frustrating, and others say that they have a high rate of orange pilling success... even some of my successes in orange pilling seem to NOT understand what the fuck is BTC, and their eyes glaze over regarding some of the topics and then they get sucked into inferior practices, hedging with shitcoins, keeping too much value on exchanges, and surely some things are more embarrassing than others to repeat.. but many of us who interact with the world about bitcoin likely should have stories and even some of our own stories about mistakes that we made along the way, too.. it is not even very easy to not lose coins or even some guys have made their systems too secure so they will make mistakes in that direction too.

Hey all you low-carb Wall Observers!  Heads up!

Erythritol, a commonly used sugar substitute, seems to enhance blood clotting and can be dangerous for those already at risk of heart attack, stroke and clotting disorders should probably avoid it.  
 https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/27/health/zero-calorie-sweetener-heart-attack-stroke-wellness/index.html
https://newsroom.clevelandclinic.org/2023/02/27/cleveland-clinic-study-finds-common-artificial-sweetener-linked-to-higher-rates-of-heart-attack-and-stroke/

Hm..that's good to know.  It is not easy to know which sugar substitutes might be safe.. because I had spent some time trying to avoid aspertame.. but sometimes when I read ingredients, I am not even sure how they differ from one another..

When I first saw Erythritol in your post, then I got it confused with Xylitol.. but then I looked at the ingredients of Cinnamon Trident, and I thought .. there are some other sweetners in there besides Xylitol, but I had been chewing it because it does not have aspertame.. like some of the other trident flavors.

But look quite a few sweetners.. not just Xylitol:

Sorbitol, Gum Base, Xylitol, Glycerin, Natural And Artificial Flavor, Less Than 2% Of: Acesulfame Potassium, BHT (to Maintain Freshness), Mannitol, Red 40 Lake, Soy Lecithin, Sucralose.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 04:01:16 AM

Explanation
Popkon6

Activity: 574
Merit: 289

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 04:32:05 AM

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 05:01:18 AM

Explanation
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 05:32:17 AM

Think i'm gunna sell some corn at $30k if we ever get there again (*dramatic couch fainting*)

Gunna buy a tractor. Maybe some chickens. Maybe a Browning .50 Cal (not for the chickens)

Gotta convert some of this corn into meatspace currency... so I can grow meat... and eggs... real actual live corn mebbe...

Spring soon.

Getting excited. Barn is coming along nicely on schedule to be ready ~end of April.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 06:01:20 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 07:01:16 AM

Explanation
macson

Activity: 994
Merit: 140

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 07:43:36 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Be careful in regards to going 100%, even in bitcoin.  

You need to be able to make sure that you can cover your expenses, including emergencies.. so usually for the vast majority of peeps (normies) and even non-normies, it is not a good idea to go 100% into anything (especially when we are in a transitory period like this, and also that bitcoin constitutes way less than 1% of the word's population's adoption.. and even way less than 1% of the monetary and monetary derivatives values.. not even accounting for the likelihood that bitcoin is quite likely going to continue to increase the size of the monetary value pie in the coming years.. for perhaps more than 200 years into the future and longer) unless you have some very exceptional circumstances.
Even the most hardcore Bitcoin maximalists are not 100% Bitcoin because you cannot survive 100% on Bitcoin. Until there is a service which allows you to pay your mortgage, rent, groceries, daily expenses and any other expenses you have you cannot go 100% Bitcoin. If you do you will probably get stuck. Try finding a dentist that accepts Bitcoin. You cannot unless you live in El Salvador where it is legal tender. In the USA you are not going to be able to live off of Bitcoin on its own.

I suggest having emergency funds but they could differ between people. If you are a older person you might take into consideration that you will need more money because the chances of having a emergency related event is more likely. If you are a younger person you might not have any unexpected health issues that can pop up but no one is immune to falling over and breaking a bone or smashing their teeth out so everyone should have a bare minimum of at least $3000 in their emergency savings but I recommend more.
Financial management is very important and dividing funds into several portions is something that everyone must do.  100% in bitcoin sounds like you are slowly digging your own grave, not that bitcoin is bad or anything but you need fiat money to live your life, i own a car wash business and i only invest 50% of my profits in bitcoin, 50 % of the rest i use to pay for electricity, rent and other daily needs.  living life is a trick, if the trick you use is wrong then the effect will be prolonged especially for those who already have a family (married)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 08:01:16 AM

Explanation
Lainta

Activity: 227
Merit: 38

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 08:22:42 AM

BM PRO: Market Keys Of The Week

Discussion about the inflation target heats up as the 2% goal drifts further out of reach. Equity valuations remain high so many strategists are staying cautious.

Net liquidity approaches 2022 lows and key #bitcoin    levels.

https://twitter.com/BitcoinMagazine/status/1630389754209488896?t=omZ8sS_Jsbspx3i5DP_VWQ&s=19
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 08:48:00 AM
Merited by BobLawblaw (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Think i'm gunna sell some corn at $30k if we ever get there again (*dramatic couch fainting*)

Gunna buy a tractor. Maybe some chickens. Maybe a Browning .50 Cal (not for the chickens)

Gotta convert some of this corn into meatspace currency... so I can grow meat... and eggs... real actual live corn mebbe...

Spring soon.

Getting excited. Barn is coming along nicely on schedule to be ready ~end of April.

Congratulations to the progress!

Re: chicken: May I suggest to look into Brahma chicken? We have recently switched to them and while they take longer to lay eggs and stay longer molting, they are very robust, very social (no fighting or mobbing seen so far) and they seem rather longlived. Also they seem to bond to some degree with humans (at least they follow dad like little ducks follow their mom) and even follow some orders like "go into the barn".

On top of that their feather-boots are just real eye-candy and everytime I watch them walk around the ministry of silly walks pops to mind :-)
John Abraham

Activity: 518
Merit: 547

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 08:51:52 AM

This is exactly what happens to me when I accept trades in other coins including Bitcoin.

Would you mind resizing the image when you post again?
It's not charming to see full sized image. I believe you know how to do that.
In case you don't know. Here is the resized code

Code:
[img width=450]https://i.imgur.com/ICkjqRY.jpg[/img]
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 09:01:20 AM

Explanation
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 09:29:25 AM

Spring soon.

.50 CAL! Nice way to exercise your Second Amendment!

Would be nice to see it setup on your ATV, post some images, without breaking OpSec, when you decide to get one or two....

EDIT: Changed from 2nd to Second (it deserves the full word and not an abbreviation)
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1645

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2023, 09:31:03 AM

Spring soon.

Obviously the Browning .50 Cal is for the tractor, not for the chickens Roll Eyes. The chickens are however very threatening at times and I completely understand that you need to guard yourself against such imminent danger.

God bless.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 10:01:17 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 31774 31775 31776 31777 31778 31779 31780 31781 31782 31783 31784 31785 31786 31787 31788 31789 31790 31791 31792 31793 31794 31795 31796 31797 31798 31799 31800 31801 31802 31803 31804 31805 31806 31807 31808 31809 31810 31811 31812 31813 31814 31815 31816 31817 31818 31819 31820 31821 31822 31823 [31824] 31825 31826 31827 31828 31829 31830 31831 31832 31833 31834 31835 31836 31837 31838 31839 31840 31841 31842 31843 31844 31845 31846 31847 31848 31849 31850 31851 31852 31853 31854 31855 31856 31857 31858 31859 31860 31861 31862 31863 31864 31865 31866 31867 31868 31869 31870 31871 31872 31873 31874 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: