April 19, 2024, 04:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 19456 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 [19480] 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 19507 19508 19509 19510 19511 19512 19513 19514 19515 19516 19517 19518 19519 19520 19521 19522 19523 19524 19525 19526 19527 19528 19529 19530 ... 33277 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10130

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 10:12:09 AM

Doesn't matter what I think, and as you said "people who understand the value of bitcoin". Newbies don't understand shit, but, they do understand metrics like market cap, so it will hurt bitcoin. If bitcoin is not number one on the shitty marketcap metric that will hurt bitcoin adoption plain and simple.
What do the advertisers say? "you don't need a good product, just good marketing"
In that case, bitcoin was fucked from day one. 21 million coins for the entire world economy was never going to work. Most world citizens (>99%) have never had $8750 at one time in their lives. They will never buy bitcoin at that price. They will buy Ripple for $1 instead.
EDIT: Yes, I know they are divisible but the average idiot can't comprehend that.
The real problem though is that the idiots don't understand the importance or decentralization, lack of a central authority, deflationary monetary system, developer talent, trustless, and so on. Bitcoin is the best coin without a doubt in my opinion. But, how in the fuck can we get mass adoption, when most people still think the media, and governments are the good guys. Crypto will get mass adoption, but, I fear that it will be a bullshit coin supported by the banks, media, and governments.

I agree, I think the coins that will do the best with the coming mass adoption will be the ones who have the largest number of coins in circulation so they seem cheap to the idiots. Why buy a bitcoin when you can buy 10 ETH or 8000 XRP for the same price? Luckily, big institutional money will still flow into bitcoin.

Are you guys telling me that if we properly advertise Dogecoin (yes, DOGE, much wow) that is going to be a valuable coin for the masses? I mean infinite supply, so cheap, much fun.
Insane

hahahahahahaha...

Got a great chuckle out of that one, and I got much wow out of it, too.    Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11960

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:15:37 AM

Cool

$1O,OOO BTCBTCstreet price*
#checkmate

Yeah that probably like everyone’s story in here...., So Many naysayers or most Classic ITS TOO LATE NOW ..., i still got a few friends i would like too see Going into bitlandia..... but Yeah iT is what iT is
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:34:47 PM

Dogecoin, an utter joke, always has been, always will be.

At least is still decentralized, and the inflation rate is known. There are several worse scams in the top 10 cryptos, not to say of the rest.

That said, the mass will be always scammed, in one way or the other. But being scammed with shitcoins is an huge progress because it's voluntary, so it teaches responsibility and it let ppl's awareness grow instead of being reduced to spoiled brats of the government.
NutellaboY

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:46:54 PM

Yeah that probably like everyone’s story in here...., So Many naysayers or most Classic ITS TOO LATE NOW ..., i still got a few friends i would like too see Going into bitlandia..... but Yeah iT is what iT is

But that means you have less competitors on the market. You can find a positive trait in everything.  Wink
Let people live their lifes, give a chance but if the answer is "no" - let it go.

At least is still decentralized, and the inflation rate is known. There are several worse scams in the top 10 cryptos, not to say of the rest.

Took the words out of my mouth. It's still lot of garbage coins around and compare to them Dogecoin looks fine.
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2038
Merit: 1172

Never selling

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:51:57 PM

But that means you have less competitors on the market. You can find a positive trait in everything.  Wink
Let people live their lifes, give a chance but if the answer is "no" - let it go.

Took the words out of my mouth. It's still lot of garbage coins around and compare to them Dogecoin looks fine.

I'm not saying dogecoin is the worst shitcoin, it was just mentioned, so I used it in my example. Of course there are worse. In the top 10 ripple being the standout.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:01:28 PM

Such hate. Wow.
supertee

Activity: 689
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 01:05:16 PM

For me, bitcoin is the shitcoin. First of its kind, but useless. There is better coins for everything on the market. As soon as other coins will be traded agains USD instead of BTC, BTC will be dead.
Lowryy

Activity: 32
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:09:17 PM

We have to give them props for being an honest joke. They are not trying to "take over the world" like bitconnect said they would do. They also dont claim attempting to kill btc by saying lies like "unilited scalability with zero fees" or scam people.

When or if you buy doge, you know what you get. So at least they are honest.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:16:36 PM

For me, bitcoin is the shitcoin. First of its kind, but useless. There is better coins for everything on the market. As soon as other coins will be traded agains USD instead of BTC, BTC will be dead.

Ok then. Good luck putting your life savings in those marvels.
Roccker

Activity: 264
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:17:48 PM

There was the most Volume since 2016 in the last few days? (bitstamp usd)

BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:36:54 PM
Merited by RoomBot (1)

BTC dominance is sinking and sinking.

I don't really like this.

Altcoins are thriving just as before the crash and it gets worst.
Its likely part of a cycle - I (speculatively) can see an alt bubble followed by a BTC surge

Its been a few days since I've checked all the prices and I must say I am stunned that the alts are coming back so hard.

I hope you're right starmman, but, it just doesn't look like BTC will ever regain its dominance to even the 50% level. Hell, look at ripple up 50%, people were wiped out on that recently and it just doesn't seem to matter. I consider most alts to be shit, but, I guess when it's all speculating it doesn't really matter that they are shit.

Market cap and bitcoin dominance can be a misleading indicator for all the reasons that you already stated... so in that regard, people who understand the value of bitcoin are going to realize that bitcoin is the one to buy rather than gambling on those many other alt coins - and useful also NOT to get distracted by coinmarket cap, at least in terms of informing you about the dominance of BTC's fundamentals in comparison to any (and all) of the other coins.

Crypto War successful and ongoing (block size, transactions, hard forks, media)

create less reliance on bitcoin and more on centralized tokens

pump alts, sell tokens to newbs

create national tokens (russia coin, Petro coin etc), pump for newbs

sell into bitcoin - big pump (Huge) before next battle on bitcoin exchanges (corrupt, broke, no reserves, multiple exchanges as well as other btc scams)

legislate exchange and ban btc to promote national crypto

btc crash and they hope for good

lets see how it all pans out (within next 10 months)

It's going to take a whole hell of a lot longer than 10 months for all of these things to play out.

I agree with you mymenace that a lot of these things are happening and a lot of like things are going to happen in the crypto space and maybe even attempts to target and to undermine bitcoin, but even if a lot of these things happen all over the globe, it does not result in bitcoin successfully being stagnated and repressed, even though there might be some shorter-term and localized successes that might only last a short period of time because bitcoin is all over the fucking place, and there are a lot of governmental difficulties to coordinate, even if BIG ASS financial players attempt to coordinate their attacks on bitcoin, even the BIG ASS financial players are not sufficiently unified to pull off some kind of successful unified repression of bitcoin on a world-wide basis...

TLDR - bitcoin has become too BIG, too decentralized and too strong to kill...  the toothpaste is out of the tube, and it's like trying to kill the internet; good luck with that..

I agree, completely

just mentioning the enemies tactics, usually successful

yeah bitcoin just seems too damn strong a network to change though

and the attacks begin again, just reading this

https://www.rt.com/business/418390-france-germany-bitcoin-clampdown/

From the enemy themselves the Bank for International Settlements (BIS), direct from the IMF

"ECB board member Yves Mersch said on Thursday that “cryptocurrencies” are “not money, nor will they be for the foreseeable future.”"

So we either have a pathological liar or a donkey who doesn't understand what money is in the board of the ECB.
julian071

Activity: 1132
Merit: 818

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:40:27 PM

"ECB board member Yves Mersch said on Thursday that “cryptocurrencies” are “not money, nor will they be for the foreseeable future.”"

So we eithr have a pathological liar or a donkey who doesn't understand what money is in the board of the ECB.

Hmmm incompetent or liar? Hard choice, but I vote for liar.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:42:02 PM
Merited by infofront (1)

Doesn't matter what I think, and as you said "people who understand the value of bitcoin". Newbies don't understand shit, but, they do understand metrics like market cap, so it will hurt bitcoin. If bitcoin is not number one on the shitty marketcap metric that will hurt bitcoin adoption plain and simple.

What do the advertisers say? "you don't need a good product, just good marketing"

In that case, bitcoin was fucked from day one. 21 million coins for the entire world economy was never going to work. Most world citizens (>99%) have never had $8750 at one time in their lives. They will never buy bitcoin at that price. They will buy Ripple for $1 instead.

EDIT: Yes, I know they are divisible but the average idiot can't comprehend that.

The real problem though is that the idiots don't understand the importance or decentralization, lack of a central authority, deflationary monetary system, developer talent, trustless, and so on. Bitcoin is the best coin without a doubt in my opinion. But, how in the fuck can we get mass adoption, when most people still think the media, and governments are the good guys. Crypto will get mass adoption, but, I fear that it will be a bullshit coin supported by the banks, media, and governments.

I agree, I think the coins that will do the best with the coming mass adoption will be the ones who have the largest number of coins in circulation so they seem cheap to the idiots. Why buy a bitcoin when you can buy 10 ETH or 8000 XRP for the same price? Luckily, big institutional money will still flow into bitcoin.
I strongly believe that the altcoin market will become a modernized carbon copy of the equity markets. Once revenue participation becomes a factor smart money will flow into whatever is guaranteed to be profitable, and the sheep will eventually follow or get shorn, just like with stocks right now. The substantial differences will consist of more transparency (for established companies), more efficiency (lower fees, no closing of exchanges etc.), and easier access (which will also imply more scams and unsuccessful companies going "public" than with stocks).

The "cheap coin" bullshit that we can see on this forum every so often from newbies will eventually be fixed by "conventional wisdom" of the masses, which will end up as yet another predictor or tool for smart money.
Dunkelheit667
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1157

no degradation

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:42:47 PM

Racist is a meaningless buzzword, stating facts is now racist, yes jews control the media, and the banks, that's a fact, get over it.
yes blacks on average score much lower on IQ tests and commit a disproportionately high amount violent crimes?  is that ''racist''? don't know, don't care, but it happens to be true.

OMG People of color score lower on Ethnocentric tests. I'm not even going to dignify the rest of your crap.

Get a grip, you're a racist.

P.S.  This thread is about BTC.
*sigh* no. IQ tests are simply pattern recognition. There is nothing cultural about it. That tired old excuse is... tiresome.

And they do commit more crime. About four or five times as much per capita. Again, easy enough to look up for anyone who actually cares.

Socio-economic status is a far more reliable predictor of IQ test performance.  Low SES children consistently underperform

interesting read. https://pumpkinperson.com/2016/02/11/the-incredible-correlation-between-iq-income/
Yes, interesting read. On the other hand...

When I triple my slave time per day, I could triple my income.
When I triple my slave time per day and move to another part of my country, I could increase my income sixfold.
When I triple my slave time per day and move to a country next to mine, I could increase my income tenfold.

Choosing one of these options will increase my IQ? Wink

I would not deny some sort of correlation between intelligence and income but argue location, EQ, blind ambition and pure chance are more important. The most intelligent individuals surrounding me have an average income (for my area). All high income folks I know seem to have an average intelligence. For sure it will be hard to harvest a high income for people with lower IQ. With other words, a higher IQ will increase your chance to have a higher income, not more or less.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:43:32 PM

So we eithr have a pathological liar or a donkey who doesn't understand what money is in the board of the ECB.

Hmmm incompetent or liar? Hard choice, but I vote for liar.
That would be my vote as well, although I'm not completely sure based on what I've seen even so called quantitative Economists spout in institutions of higher education.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:45:49 PM

That said, the mass will be always scammed, in one way or the other. But being scammed with shitcoins is an huge progress because it's voluntary, so it teaches responsibility and it let ppl's awareness grow instead of being reduced to spoiled brats of the government.
Doge isn't a scam. It was incepted as a self-aware meme. And frankly speaking I'd be more willing to use Doge than fiat currency if the infrastructure existed. I wouldn't throw money at it, but in the case of a binary choice between fiat and Doge where Doge could be spent just as easily as fiat I would go with the latter any day.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:52:56 PM

So we either have a pathological liar or a donkey who doesn't understand what money is in the board of the ECB.

I do not rule out that his view on money may require some ‘upgrading’  Wink
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:04:45 PM

Cool

$1O,OOO BTCBTCstreet price*
#checkmate

Yeah but now they are being told they were right. It has crashed. Bit of a misrepresentation of the actual situation.

conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

That's very good news, because if it's not money it cannot be taxed, and neither it should be subject to AML/KYC b/s.

bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:26:41 PM
Merited by pawel7777 (1)

That's very good news, because if it's not money it cannot be taxed, and neither it should be subject to AML/KYC b/s.

Unfortunately, any bartering is a taxable event too. Otherwise everyone would have long stopped using fiat currencies as an intermediary step. Being "money" has nothing to do with it.
Pages: « 1 ... 19430 19431 19432 19433 19434 19435 19436 19437 19438 19439 19440 19441 19442 19443 19444 19445 19446 19447 19448 19449 19450 19451 19452 19453 19454 19455 19456 19457 19458 19459 19460 19461 19462 19463 19464 19465 19466 19467 19468 19469 19470 19471 19472 19473 19474 19475 19476 19477 19478 19479 [19480] 19481 19482 19483 19484 19485 19486 19487 19488 19489 19490 19491 19492 19493 19494 19495 19496 19497 19498 19499 19500 19501 19502 19503 19504 19505 19506 19507 19508 19509 19510 19511 19512 19513 19514 19515 19516 19517 19518 19519 19520 19521 19522 19523 19524 19525 19526 19527 19528 19529 19530 ... 33277 »
  Print  

Jump to: