April 26, 2024, 09:24:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 19664 19665 19666 19667 19668 19669 19670 19671 19672 19673 19674 19675 19676 19677 19678 19679 19680 19681 19682 19683 19684 19685 19686 19687 19688 19689 19690 19691 19692 19693 19694 19695 19696 19697 19698 19699 19700 19701 19702 19703 19704 19705 19706 19707 19708 19709 19710 19711 19712 19713 [19714] 19715 19716 19717 19718 19719 19720 19721 19722 19723 19724 19725 19726 19727 19728 19729 19730 19731 19732 19733 19734 19735 19736 19737 19738 19739 19740 19741 19742 19743 19744 19745 19746 19747 19748 19749 19750 19751 19752 19753 19754 19755 19756 19757 19758 19759 19760 19761 19762 19763 19764 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368087 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:25:13 PM

Why are we talking about likes like it was some kind of goddamn science  Undecided

That's the beauty of artificial scarcity... Yep, it does even apply to "likes" it seems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pfrtlpfmpf

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:38:05 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 01:31:35 PM by pfrtlpfmpf
Merited by Dunkelheit667 (1)

Why are we talking about likes like it was some kind of goddamn science  Undecided

I`ll tell you the truth. I never gave a "like" to anybody in my life, i´m a smartphone, facebook, twitter agnostic. A dying species.
I wouldn´t know how to give a "like", even if i wanted to, that´s why i´m puzzled with merits.
Bear with me !  Smiley

But i understand crypto, and that´s what counts !

Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:54:17 PM

Reality is: bitcointalk was getting more popular but shittier posts were filling page after page. The merit system was to encourage posters to have "merit-able" posts and contribute more to the community.  For now its just hot air with no incentive beyond leveling up like in a video game.  If you've got something good to say or have some entertainment value, yeah, we will read it.   

I say we tokenize merits with some real world value. That would get the ball rolling in here. Steemit? Or since we're a BTC community, maybe we could open a channel on the LN network and issue xxx Satoshi's instead of WOsMerits?  I'm sure we could get donations for such a cause.
I'm actually surprised this doesn't already exist here.  Anyone talented at drafting proposals?

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:58:15 PM

I don’t buy and hold shitcoins.  5 hours is a long term hold for a shitcoin. On average, I profit on shitcoins.  Sometimes I make mistakes but I cut them the moment they show weakness.  Example:  I follow Charlie Lee on twitter and bought Nano when his tweet came out.  I exited with a 5% profit.  It ended going a lot higher but I’m not ashamed to take a small profit immediately. 

On the other hand I have bitcoin I bought 4 years ago and haven’t touched.  Different asset classes, different trading strategies.  

If you're interested in shitcoins, then you can improve your stack by 1/2% by selling Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC), which is one of the latest Bitcoin forks. You can find OTC offers on /r/BitcoinAirdropsTrades/

If you haven't sold your Bitcoin Pay (BTP), that's also remarkably holding around 1/2% on the BitPie exchange.

The next possible moneymaker could be Bitcoin Private (BTCP) that's a merged fork of BTC and ZCL.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:10:22 PM

Reality is: bitcointalk was getting more popular but shittier posts were filling page after page. The merit system was to encourage posters to have "merit-able" posts and contribute more to the community.  For now its just hot air with no incentive beyond leveling up like in a video game.  If you've got something good to say or have some entertainment value, yeah, we will read it.  

I say we tokenize merits with some real world value. That would get the ball rolling in here. Steemit? Or since we're a BTC community, maybe we could open a channel on the LN network and issue xxx Satoshi's instead of WOsMerits?  I'm sure we could get donations for such a cause.
I'm actually surprised this doesn't already exist here.  Anyone talented at drafting proposals?

Yeah, let's do a whitepaper and an ICO lol

Seriously now, I think the Merit system is working but the effects will take some time to notice. Here in the WO we are somewhat inmune to what happens in most of the rest of BT. Pointless shitposts are everywhere. They just open hundreds of pointless new threads like:

- Will Bitcoin go up or down?
- Will Bitcoin reach 12K in two weeks?
- Why is Bitcoin going up?
- Why is Bitcoin going down?
- Why is Bitcoin not going up?
- Why is Bitcoin not going down?
- Why is Bitcoin not going up or down?
- etc etc...

A full fucking thread for each of those pointless questions.... and then, you see tens of pointless posts "answering" the question with absolutely no real reasoning. Everything to increase the post/activity count to rank up and join signature campaigns.

It's disgusting.

Maybe now, when they start to notice their previous modus operandi is not giving them the expected results (rank up) they will back off and the number of pointless shitposts will reduce significantly.

Yeah, here we do also have our own offtopic, sometimes even pointless but humorous posts, but it is all mostly done in good faith and not just for the sake of increasing post count.

I don't really think there is a need to incentivise the "accumulation" of Merits. It's usefulness is more as a deterrent for shitposters to keep with their (now) pointless activity than for regular good standing members to seek them for really no reason.

Also, if Merit had any real "value" people would start trading them.... overriding it's intended purpose.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:14:58 PM

I don’t buy and hold shitcoins.  5 hours is a long term hold for a shitcoin. On average, I profit on shitcoins.  Sometimes I make mistakes but I cut them the moment they show weakness.  Example:  I follow Charlie Lee on twitter and bought Nano when his tweet came out.  I exited with a 5% profit.  It ended going a lot higher but I’m not ashamed to take a small profit immediately.  

On the other hand I have bitcoin I bought 4 years ago and haven’t touched.  Different asset classes, different trading strategies.  

If you're interested in shitcoins, then you can improve your stack by 1/2% by selling Lightning Bitcoin (LBTC), which is one of the latest Bitcoin forks. You can find OTC offers on /r/BitcoinAirdropsTrades/

If you haven't sold your Bitcoin Pay (BTP), that's also remarkably holding around 1/2% on the BitPie exchange.

The next possible moneymaker could be Bitcoin Private (BTCP) that's a merged fork of BTC and ZCL.

Really? 1-2% over the full stash is SOME significant money.

What other forks have you already claimed?

I have claimed BCH and BTG only. Forks I mean... airdrops like Byteball, Stellar and CLAMS I did too.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:25:13 PM

I don’t buy and hold shitcoins.  5 hours is a long term hold for a shitcoin. On average, I profit on shitcoins.  Sometimes I make mistakes but I cut them the moment they show weakness.  Example:  I follow Charlie Lee on twitter and bought Nano when his tweet came out.  I exited with a 5% profit.  It ended going a lot higher but I’m not ashamed to take a small profit immediately.  

Oh no, i just finished Diamond and Superbitcoin, was complicated enough, so i have to generate another new Electrum Wallet, with password and seed again, my spouse doesn´t believe the life that i have.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:28:01 PM

I don’t buy and hold shitcoins.  5 hours is a long term hold for a shitcoin. On average, I profit on shitcoins.  Sometimes I make mistakes but I cut them the moment they show weakness.  Example:  I follow Charlie Lee on twitter and bought Nano when his tweet came out.  I exited with a 5% profit.  It ended going a lot higher but I’m not ashamed to take a small profit immediately. 

Oh no, i just finished Diamond and Superbitcoin, was complicated enough, so i have to generate another new Electrum Wallet, with password and seed again, my spouse doesn´t believe the life that i have.
Frankly, me neither.

HOw much did you get for Diamond and SuperBitcoin? And what's the best exchange to trade them?
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:32:55 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 02:46:19 PM by Icygreen

Reality is: bitcointalk was getting more popular but shittier posts were filling page after page. The merit system was to encourage posters to have "merit-able" posts and contribute more to the community.  For now its just hot air with no incentive beyond leveling up like in a video game.  If you've got something good to say or have some entertainment value, yeah, we will read it.  

I say we tokenize merits with some real world value. That would get the ball rolling in here. Steemit? Or since we're a BTC community, maybe we could open a channel on the LN network and issue xxx Satoshi's instead of WOsMerits?  I'm sure we could get donations for such a cause.
I'm actually surprised this doesn't already exist here.  Anyone talented at drafting proposals?

Yeah, let's do a whitepaper and an ICO lol

Seriously now, I think the Merit system is working but the effects will take some time to notice. Here in the WO we are somewhat inmune to what happens in most of the rest of BT. Pointless shitposts are everywhere. They just open hundreds of pointless new threads like:

- Will Bitcoin go up or down?
- Will Bitcoin reach 12K in two weeks?
- Why is Bitcoin going up?
- Why is Bitcoin going down?
- Why is Bitcoin not going up?
- Why is Bitcoin not going down?
- Why is Bitcoin not going up or down?
- etc etc...

A full fucking thread for each of those pointless questions.... and then, you see tens of pointless posts "answering" the question with absolutely no real reasoning. Everything to increase the post/activity count to rank up and join signature campaigns.

It's disgusting.

Maybe now, when they start to notice their previous modus operandi is not giving them the expected results (rank up) they will back off and the number of pointless shitposts will reduce significantly.

Yeah, here we do also have our own offtopic, sometimes even pointless but humorous posts, but it is all mostly done in good faith and not just for the sake of increasing post count.

I don't really think there is a need to incentivise the "accumulation" of Merits. It's usefulness is more as a deterrent for shitposters to keep with their (now) pointless activity than for regular good standing members to seek them for really no reason.

Also, if Merit had any real "value" people would start trading them.... overriding it's intended purpose.

I wasn't really suggesting to do an ICO. Actually far from it. I do see where you're coming from and I still think it would serve us and the entire community. If we actually USED BTC within BT (wow mind blown), supporting LN while incentivizing quality posts, new participants to join,etc.
    I'd prefer to see something along the lines of.... (simple version)
*BTC donated
*Satoshi's issued to members under a smart contract where they can only be given to other members but not withdrawn to an address.
*Only Satoshi's that have been given can be withdrawn or re-given freely

OK, I do see where this could get taken advantage of but but... steemit did it?

yefi
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:34:01 PM
Merited by bitserve (1)

I have claimed BCH and BTG only. Forks I mean... airdrops like Byteball, Stellar and CLAMS I did too.

Bitcoin Diamond (BCD), BitcoinX (BCX) and Super Bitcoin (SBTC). You can sell BCD and SBTC at gate.io (no ID required for trade or withdrawal). BCX can only be sold at AEX.com now for BitCNY. Camku will sell the coins there for 5% fee as I believe they require ID.

You've really missed an opportunity with these forks as they were worth a lot more. You could have got 3-4% with BCX alone when deposits temporarily opened up at gate.io - made some bagholders that day Wink
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:39:10 PM

It felt like we were enjoying some real organic growth last week, but that came to a abrupt end yesterday as bearish manipulation took control of the market. This coming week could provide us with another bullish run at the $11.5k resistance level.
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:47:00 PM

Frankly, me neither.

HOw much did you get for Diamond and SuperBitcoin? And what's the best exchange to trade them?

Did it with Bitpie and Bither on my estranged Smartphone and then sold at "Okex", don´t know if that is the smartest way, but i´m richer now.

bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:03:39 PM

Bitcoin Diamond (BCD), BitcoinX (BCX) and Super Bitcoin (SBTC). You can sell BCD and SBTC at gate.io (no ID required for trade or withdrawal). BCX can only be sold at AEX.com now for BitCNY. Camku will sell the coins there for 5% fee as I believe they require ID.

You've really missed an opportunity with these forks as they were worth a lot more. You could have got 3-4% with BCX alone when deposits temporarily opened up at gate.io - made some bagholders that day Wink

Oh well, it's always hard to know what to do. I have most of my BTC on Ledger wallets, so my strategy was to wait until they supported those forks as they did with BCH and BTG or wait until most forks finished, then move all my BTC to another ledger and then use the previous seed to claim it all. Some months ago fees were expensive for moving too.

Also, one is never sure when those shitcoins are gonna pump later. Decisions decisions.

I guess it is just about time I move my BTC and start claiming everything... will decide later if sell immediately, wait, or a mix of both.

Retrospectively I do agree I could have done much better on this Sad
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:07:08 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 04:01:06 PM by pfrtlpfmpf

Seems to me, half of you guys didn´t claim the forks. Get on with it. You´re missing out !

Rsiyz

Activity: 138
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:41:43 PM

The US government seized 500 Bitcoins from a suicide piracy case. I wonder if it is still the issue that BTC will reduce today. that's $ 5.5 million.

LOL   Cheesy Cheesy  us fed printing 100 trillions + soo they are no "excited" from few millions from some ilegall activity ..    they need people in world will trust and buy US debt and other.. wich are not happening now and world turning from petrodollar ..  ..thats why "uncle sam" desperatley want nuclear war and destroing whole planet .. like cowboy in cassino: bet all on one number ... mckillers
pfrtlpfmpf

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:09:28 PM

Seems to me, half of you guys didn´t claim the forks. Get on with it. You´re missing out !

The silence is deafening, just saying !

yefi
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:17:30 PM

Also, one is never sure when those shitcoins are gonna pump later. Decisions decisions.

There's always that. I'm holding on to the really cheap ones like Bitcoin World in case there's some whale action.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:23:34 PM

This is proof that I am bring quality to the thread.

Just sayin'.

It's what plants crave.

That's what I thought!

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:26:59 PM

Sure, we each have our own particular (or should I say peculiar) strategy involving (as it were) the laddering of buys and sells according to our own analysis of the risk/reward of said strategy at any given time. And sure, assuming a more Up than DOWN trend continues this should leave each of us with more bitcoins going down, and more dollars going uppy....

the STYLE is getting closer, but you need to flesh it out more and reiterate your points
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:29:04 PM

Oh well, it's always hard to know what to do. I have most of my BTC on Ledger wallets, so my strategy was to wait until they supported those forks as they did with BCH and BTG or wait until most forks finished, then move all my BTC to another ledger and then use the previous seed to claim it all. Some months ago fees were expensive for moving too.

I guess it is just about time I move my BTC and start claiming everything... will decide later if sell immediately, wait, or a mix of both.

Retrospectively I do agree I could have done much better on this Sad

there are way, way too many forks now for the hardware wallet providers to bother any more. you're on your own with most of them.

move your bitcoin out of the ledger, pull out the private key with a bip39 tool and go play.

the bitpie/bither combination is good for claiming some of the coins and bitpie now has an internal exchange where you can get rid of some of them. that's a big bonus as some of them were only on weird chinese places that were insisting on passports and stuff.

i'm on the fence about instadumping myself. so few people will bother claiming that i can foresee some insane pumps in the future. some of these coins must have a supply 100 times less than bitcoin and what supply there is around now is going straight into pumper pockets.

i've gotten rid of a proportion but i'll wait with the rest. there could be major dumbass windfalls in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 19664 19665 19666 19667 19668 19669 19670 19671 19672 19673 19674 19675 19676 19677 19678 19679 19680 19681 19682 19683 19684 19685 19686 19687 19688 19689 19690 19691 19692 19693 19694 19695 19696 19697 19698 19699 19700 19701 19702 19703 19704 19705 19706 19707 19708 19709 19710 19711 19712 19713 [19714] 19715 19716 19717 19718 19719 19720 19721 19722 19723 19724 19725 19726 19727 19728 19729 19730 19731 19732 19733 19734 19735 19736 19737 19738 19739 19740 19741 19742 19743 19744 19745 19746 19747 19748 19749 19750 19751 19752 19753 19754 19755 19756 19757 19758 19759 19760 19761 19762 19763 19764 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: