May 06, 2024, 12:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 [20655] 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 ... 33325 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372613 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 08:24:22 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 09:18:36 PM by afbitcoins

Common belgium time to make Some sushi still 0-0 .....

Sorry Micgoosens but the japs seem to be too good today trailing 0:2  Sad

So happy I’m italian and don’t have to care about the World Cup
 Lips sealed

pffff against brazil after a good match i can live with .... but against japan please not
2-2@ the time common !!!!!

3-2 last goal was a perfect beauty i runned down my house like a crazy fucker that i am!!!!! so happy

It was a quality game. I was rooting for the japs. They played well and won me over.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:24:27 PM

Whats wrong with conspiracy?  Some things should absolutely be questioned until the truth is in a majority consensus.

I suppose.

Never say never, but does anyone really believe that segwit is going to get reversed due to lack of support?

I doubt it.

In the meantime, a variety of FUDsters will continue to denigrate segwit, and seem to cause even smart peeps to fail/refuse to use segwit features (and addresses) which will continue to carry out the intended behaviors preferred by the FUDsters - largely what seems to be a delay the inevitable, which is greater and greater segwit adoption.

Perhaps instead of having high levels (such as greater than 2/3) of segwit adoption in 2 years, it will take more than 4 or 5 years?  If they are successful in the FUD spreading, then I suppose it could take a while to get to majority and even convincingly majority status with segwit adoption, perhaps?
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:24:27 PM

Sorry Micgoosens but the japs seem to be too good today trailing 0:2  Sad

Lips sealed

pffff against brazil after a good match i can live with .... but against japan please not

3-2 last goal was a perfect beauty i runned down my house like a crazy fucker that i am!!!!! so happy
I was rooting for Belgium too Wink

NEXT brazil for dinner Smiley

will be a difficult nut to crack but i think its gonna be an  EPIC match
El duderino_
Legendary

Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:25:31 PM

NEXT GAME ALL WALL OBSERVER'S for BELGIUM  Grin
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:29:31 PM

age poll ?? whats the reason?

Something a little different and by request from another forum member. I'll just leave it up for a couple days or so.

Congrats on your football team too btw!
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1853
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:32:38 PM

Sorry Micgoosens but the japs seem to be too good today trailing 0:2  Sad

Lips sealed

Congrats! This match was epic!
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 08:33:44 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 08:59:43 PM by afbitcoins

Whats wrong with conspiracy?  Some things should absolutely be questioned until the truth is in a majority consensus.

I suppose.

Never say never, but does anyone really believe that segwit is going to get reversed due to lack of support?

I doubt it.

In the meantime, a variety of FUDsters will continue to denigrate segwit, and seem to cause even smart peeps to fail/refuse to use segwit features (and addresses) which will continue to carry out the intended behaviors preferred by the FUDsters - largely what seems to be a delay the inevitable, which is greater and greater segwit adoption.

Perhaps instead of having high levels (such as greater than 2/3) of segwit adoption in 2 years, it will take more than 4 or 5 years?  If they are successful in the FUD spreading, then I suppose it could take a while to get to majority and even convincingly majority status with segwit adoption, perhaps?

I've been thinking about that anunymint guys idea. Have we seen it play out before, on the etherium blockchain?

He reckons that miners at some point will mine segwit coins to themselves as a 'donation' because (AnyoneCanSpend) in the (original bitcoin) protocol allows it to happen. This will trigger a fork in which the core supported chain would roll back to reverse that theft by miners.

Would that be a bit like the the Etherium DAO hacker helping himself to funds via the bug ridden piece of shit that it was? In the etherium case, claim to immutability was lost because the transactions were rolled back, the chain forked and the immutable etherium classic was born.

In the ether case the market didn't care about immutability and the value stayed with Etherium leaving classic as an alt. Would the same follow for bitcoin core ?

edit 1: In this scenario (if I understood it correctly) it will be quite hard for the core chain to continue to claim being the one true bitcoin I would have thought. But then again I thought that about etherium too at the time.

edit 2: I'm not trolling just trying to think through the possibilities. I also don't think anunymint is trying to troll either. Nearly all the replies I read to his posts didn't directly relate to what he was trying to say.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:35:33 PM

next wave of bullish bullshit

https://bonnerandpartners.com/what-a-nasdaq-vp-told-me-about-the-future-of-cryptocurrencies/

Security tokens are regulated financial securities – like traditional stocks and bonds – that provide token-holders with ownership interests in the underlying company or asset.

Security tokens will be the third wave of the blockchain boom… and they will make the first two waves look tiny by comparison.

One executive I spoke with expects security tokens to bring 10% of global GDP – roughly $8 trillion – into the blockchain ecosystem by 2024. That represents growth of 28X.

And Bruce Fenton – founding member of The Bitcoin Foundation ...

I like the pic of the nocoiner on the bicycle.  Whoaza!
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:49:15 PM

‏ @Hugaldinho

Last minute not safu  Sad
hv_
Legendary

Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

New poll suggested by nanobtc.

Grow up, then u might get it.

Grin
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2018, 09:05:27 PM

NEXT GAME ALL WALL OBSERVER'S for BELGIUM  Grin

Nah!

Brazil  Grin

edit: Although I reserve the right to change my mind during the game if Neymar pisses me off by acting injured too much. The little cheating shit needs a good spanking.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:08:52 PM
Merited by afbitcoins (1)

I suppose.

I doubt it.

Perhaps instead of having high levels (such as greater than 2/3) of segwit adoption in 2 years, it will take more than 4 or 5 years?  If they are successful in the FUD spreading, then I suppose it could take a while to get to majority and even convincingly majority status with segwit adoption, perhaps?

I've been thinking about that anunymint guys idea. Have we seen it play out before, on the etherium blockchain?

He reckons that miners at some point will mine segwit coins to themselves as a 'donation' because (AnyoneCanSpend) in the (original bitcoin) protocol allows it to happen. This will trigger a fork in which the core supported chain would roll back to reverse that theft by miners.

Would that be a bit like the the Etherium DAO hacker helping himself to funds via the bug ridden piece of shit that it was? In the etherium case, claim to immutability was lost because the transactions were rolled back, the chain forked and the immutable etherium classic was born.

In the ether case the market didn't care about immutability and the value stayed with Etherium leaving classic as an alt. Would the same follow for bitcoin core ?

edit 1: In this scenario (if I understood it correctly) it will be quite hard for the core chain to continue to claim being the one true bitcoin I would have thought. But then again I thought that about etherium too at the time.

edit 2: I'm not trolling just trying to think through the possibilities. I also don't think anunymint is trying to troll either. Nearly all the replies I read to his posts didn't directly relate to what he was trying to say.

The hardfork would involve more than restoring tokens stolen via a smart contract residing on one address. It would involve restoring 1000s of UTXO to 1000s of addresses. Plus, if such a vulnerability with Segwit was fully demonstrated, Core would have to work on a patch so that it won't keep happening. That might take many months if not years to accomplish.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:09:17 PM

IMPORTANT

This @JJG trolling is intolerable.

Yeah.... Fuck off... Anyone should be able to recognize that you are employing a label towards other (me) that fits yourself.. you fucking nutjob.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I must deal with this. This indeed is my last post in this cult, groupthink dominated thread.

Yeah, right ... the promises of a troll are never kept... because what happens, is some other important emergency  or development in which the troll is going to have to "inform" the peeps.  Get the fuck out of here with your promises to leave, because the only thing that will truly cause you to leave is to be banned... and I have my skepticism about whether the PTB in BTCtalk are going to take such measures any time soon towards your current bullshit... We will see, we will see.   Tongue

@bones261 had 4 errors in what he wrote above, and thus he incorrectly insinuated that the hardfork of Core is not likely.

Yes.. there are differing predictions about the probability of the future.. Great... you are saying a lot.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Well, yes, sometimes the FUDster attacks can become so complicated (and possibly convincing because of it) that it confuses otherwise smart OG bitcoiners into the wrong behavior.

JJG you are technologically illiterate. And you should STFU because you are going to cause readers to lose all their real Bitcoin with your ignorant and incorrect assurances.

People can do whatever the fuck they want, including having an opinion (and stating it) which I have done.  You can fuck off with your supposed technological superiority and your attempt to "blame me" for whatever peeps choose to do... and that that you are lording over supposed technical superiority and failing and refusing to really say anything beyond throwing out a bunch of technical jargon and predicting pie in the sky nearly baseless doom and gloom.  Why don't you go argue with "technical" peeps rather than cluttering up this non-technical thread with your segwit naysayer propaganda?

I have provided the exact analysis of the different transaction types in Bitcoin and Core. You should take the time to study it.

You are entirely incorrect in your appraisal of the situation.

Great.. so can you go fuck off now, and take your technical discussion to a technical thread?

All of the Core transactions will be eventually taken as donations on the immutable Satoshi chain (which is being mined by all miners now and never stopped being mined) and the forked off Core altcoin chain will be destroyed. This is not a remote possibility but rather an economic certainty. The only unknown is the timing.

JJG you are going to loose all your real Bitcoin that is stored in addresses that begin with 3. Period. You will splattered all over the Wall of Shame with your other idiot trolls “feel good” dopamine-hit, lack of critical thinking boys club cult.

Yes... and you will have the last laugh... great.

Again I repeat you’re an idiot, the same as idiot bunny rabbits in Weimar Germany and Zimbabwe Africa who cause their own megadeath as sheep always do as explained below:

Are you saying anything?  Do I need to read your analogies too?  You can do better to "educate" folks rather than calling them idiots, no?

Here is a collection of your trolling since I tried to leave this thread…

Real lack of relevance, no?  Do you have any ability to stay on topic?  Why do I want to read my own posts, out of context?  Makes little to no sense.

I have never posted in this thread under those other usernames that have been mentioned recently.

Who gives a shit? 

Stop your fucking lying. I am not anonymous. I am not @realr0ach.
Again does anyone care?

My real world identity is not secret.

Good for you.  Do you think that you have more credibility because of this (assuming that it is true)?  Get the fuck out of here trying to engage in one-upsmanship because of supposed lack of anonymity.  I give a ratt's ass?  NOT

You JJG are trolling behind the cloak of anonymity[/b] like a chickenshit.

Bullshit.  Maintaining anonymity or mostly anonymity does not make a person a troll, and I have not been engaging in as much off-topicness as you, and you surely like to engage in personal attacks.. which I have largely refrained from doing, and my ongoing calling you a nutjob is based on your ongoing behavior rather than assertions for the mere sake of it.

I am not going to put any burden on myself to attempt to persuade you or anyone else about what to do.  There seems to be a practice and a current propagandizing that suggest to people not to use segwit or to minimize the use of segwit based on theories that segwit addresses have a decent chance of getting attacked (at least enough of a decent chance of becoming attacked that folks should be taking precautions to NOT have any coins in segwit address).  I posture that the burden is upon you folks (yes... I said you folks to include yourselfie, Ibian, to provide convincing evidence that segwit should not be used and should be avoided or that it is for the good of bitcoin to fail/refuse to use such segwit addresses).  Good luck with your attempts of persuasion, and I am not going to do it or to engage with you troll/shill anti-segwit nutjobs (yes, including uie, Ibian) on this topic.   Tongue Tongue   Roll Eyes

Duplicitous. You say you won’t engage, while you flood the thread with trolling attempting to discredit my factual information.

Great... You made all your points... So now, you can leave, right?  I predict not... hahahahahahaha 

See you soon, when you come back to "save us" some moar, just in case some of us have not gotten your "well-intended" doomsayer message, yet.
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:15:10 PM
Merited by Syke (1)

Has anyone read about the supposed satoshi’s handwritten book?
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/satoshi-nakamoto-publish-book-according-mysterious-website/

Probably just the usual bs, still waiting to see a signed message from the known billionaire address... but still, cool story:)

If someone’s curious, these are the first 21 pages published:
http://nakamotofamilyfoundation.org/duality.pdf

Anyone who has ever read ANYTHING written by Satoshi here, or on the mailing list can INSTANTLY recognize that the tone in this publication is NOTHING like anything he ever wrote.

Satoshi was very matter of fact, sort of black and white, thoughtful but in a heavily rational way.

This stuff reads like a tabloid.  You get 3 sentences in and a soundtrack starts playing.

The tone is self serving.  The pronoun "I" occurs with great frequency.

It's bullshit.
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:26:59 PM

It's bullshit.
The part about C++ is hilarious. The writer has learned the language from a (very short) book and never actually implemented anything serious in any programming language at all, or else he would actually have something interesting to say. Probably cheated using google to write a 5-line java-script assignments for class.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:28:33 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 09:51:01 PM by bitserve

I suppose.

I doubt it.

No, it won't roll back. Any block which includes any "steal" of Segwit "anyonecanspend" addresses would simply be rejected/orphaned by the nodes and miners supporting the consensus rules, that is what would automatically make the attackers be left in a new fork (no matter if they are 1% of hashrate or 99% at the moment of the attack).

Then, depending on how much hashrate they represent, would try to claim it is the legitimate chain and try to convince exchanges and other major players (currently running nodes with the consensus rules and with lots of money and credibility on stake) to switch to their chain by changing the software they are currently running to rollback and accept those invalid blocks or directly switch to the rogue chain.

P.S.: It should be noted that at the very moment those exchanges switch to the attackers fork they would be automatically bankrupt. So try to guess what is the probability of that to happen....
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:33:24 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2018, 10:17:41 PM by Hueristic

New poll suggested by nanobtc.

None, who else lied?
First one I've lied on. Cheesy

Has anyone read about the supposed satoshi’s handwritten book?
https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/satoshi-nakamoto-publish-book-according-mysterious-website/

Probably just the usual bs, still waiting to see a signed message from the known billionaire address... but still, cool story:)

If someone’s curious, these are the first 21 pages published:
http://nakamotofamilyfoundation.org/duality.pdf

I just don't get why peops link pdf files here.
Make sure you know what your doing when opening them, they can contain executables.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:33:35 PM

no one knows who Q is
#qanon
#wwg1wga
#thegreatawakening
Take it how you want it
Certainly helped me with some good trades, could see the Iran deal was gonna fail, this sent stocks up
Could see the whole North Korea thing unfold
Outlines corrupt criminals to follow and stay away from
etc etc etc
Again you do not have to believe (I have trouble at times), but it sure as hell has important inside knowledge
From Q's armchair warriors I found out that the CIA had been running North Korea, once Trump got rid of the heads of the CIA, North Korea was an open road
I don't care who he is. Just that he is the same person each time or represents the same organization or group of people each time. Again:
If I just go and post as Q on 4chan how to people know if I am or am not the real Q?

The fact your asking me and have not tried it yourself...

Go on go post as Q see what happens, come back here, show us, even better post it on 8chan

Whats the bet this does not happen

There you go. Your lack of an answer is a good enough answer. It's a fallacy anyway your implied argument. Even if I am not good enough to masquerade as Q that doesn't mean that nobody is. He should provide digital signatures. Until he does I have better things to do than take him seriously.

My coins all got placed in segwit addresses when I moved them to a new Trezor.

Obviously you've made a very costly blunder that will haunt you. How can you possibly continue to hodl with the spectre of such great loss dangling overhead?!

Yes, while I'm a totally different person than you are, I agree. The risk is too great. It's all becoming so clear to me now also.

WTT my plague bits for 20 cents on the dollar for healthy non-segwit coins.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:45:56 PM

I will gladly buy segwit tainted coins for good original Satoshi coins. 2 to 1. If doom is incoming, 3 to 1.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2077

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 09:47:13 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (1)

Pages: « 1 ... 20605 20606 20607 20608 20609 20610 20611 20612 20613 20614 20615 20616 20617 20618 20619 20620 20621 20622 20623 20624 20625 20626 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 [20655] 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 ... 33325 »
  Print  

Jump to: