April 26, 2024, 11:21:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 [20677] 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 20717 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 20724 20725 20726 20727 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368408 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4458

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:14:11 PM

How are the teeth, Jimbo?

Still waiting.

Got my full extractions and reconstructive bone surgery (double sinus lifts and 10 bone grafts) in March.

Next step is 16 titanium implants on November 10. Then after another healing time of at least 12 months, I'll get my actual zirconia teeth sometime next spring.

Some things, just like Bitcoin investments, are worth waiting for to do it right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10156

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ07sM5w_Dk
My Story of Being Tortured in Prison. Roger Ver, CEO of Bitcoin.com
This is a brief story of what happened while I was in prison. I have more stories to share, if you enjoy this type of content.

Shocking.

Can't a few hundred millions afford a place (or hotel or whatever) with less horrible curtains? Really shocking.

P.S.: Interesting story though.

I will admit that Roger is a decent story teller; however, he does not really seem to understand the concept of "torture." 

On the other hand, even if he can show that he has various human characteristics and he is empathetic, a lot of this can end up being a distraction (and an appeal to emotion) that takes us away from considering the narcissism that seems to motivate his ongoing involvement in bcash and using bcash as an ongoing attack on bitcoin and deceiving other people (especially dumb people and newbies.. and probably even traps some smarter people into such deceptions in their hopes that bcash will pump relative to bitcoin if they realize the difference) into believing that bcash is some kind of "bitcoin"
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:21:00 PM

Someone let him know that his comment is late. Bitcoin was created nearly a decade ago.

And also someone let him know that Weight Watchers is a thing.

Is he talking about bitcoin?

Does not seem like it.  Seems as if he is referring to various ICO and alt coin scams, when he is mentioning the printing of money out of nothing... Any of us informed about bitcoin, realize that bitcoin does not do that.  aka proof of work that is real... Wink hahahahaha
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:22:39 PM
Merited by mindrust (1)

This is a brief story of what happened while I was in prison. I have more stories to share, if you enjoy this type of content.

Shocking.

Can't a few hundred millions afford a place (or hotel or whatever) with less horrible curtains? Really shocking.

I will admit that Roger is a decent story teller; however, he does not really seem to understand the concept of "torture." 

On the other hand, even if he can show that he has various human characteristics and he is empathetic, a lot of this can end up being a distraction (and an appeal to emotion) that takes us away from considering the narcissism that seems to motivate his ongoing involvement in bcash and using bcash as an ongoing attack on bitcoin and deceiving other people (especially dumb people and newbies.. and probably even traps some smarter people into such deceptions in their hopes that bcash will pump relative to bitcoin if they realize the difference) into believing that bcash is some kind of "bitcoin"

Starts off "I am roger ver CEO of bitcoin.com"  do websites have CEO's?  or is he pretending to be important in bitcoin.

Lost my sympathy closed window minutes later, f off loser liar

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484

born once atheist

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:26:53 PM

bitcoin? Get the phuck outta here!!!
This is World Cup talk!!!
Oh wait , wrong tab....my bad.... Cheesy Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:31:12 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 08:44:02 PM by JayJuanGee

Apparent, there is at least one error in the guidance of the chart.

In essence, if you are attempting to accumulate bitcoin or to live for a few years before you need all your bitcoin, it is not a good idea to ever "sell all"  your bitcoin.

On the other hand, taking a "high stake," such as selling up to 50% of your bitcoin could be prudent, from time to time, while you perceive yourself in a bitcoin accumulation state.  

Personally, I don't see any need to sell, even 50%, so maybe at some point, I might sell 20%, and we will see how it plays out.

If you are in a shorter time horizon, and you are o.k. with cashing out some of your principle, then it does not hurt to employ a more aggressive regular cashing out strategy... yet no matter your approach, gambling with your bitcoins does not seem to be a very prudent way to treat the matter, whether accumulating, maintaining or liquidating.

We.are.not.fucking.selling.

A more concise version of what I was trying to say.   Wink

This just in: noob arrives, looks back on the last Bitcoin boom/bust cycle. Totally oblivious to the four preceding fractal cycles, declares doom - counsels all to GTFO.

buh-bye, noob. So sorry you won't be joining us at the dinner table.

An even better observation. 

mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:41:31 PM

Bitcoin difficulty is again expected to rise by 12% in about a week. - https://fork.lol/pow/retarget

Are miners still making profit?

The break even point must almost be exceeded ...
vroom
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1681

a Cray can run an endless loop in under 4 hours

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:51:20 PM

ok I call it. $6800 in the next 2 hours
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:55:34 PM

Shocking.

Starts off "I am roger ver CEO of bitcoin.com"  do websites have CEO's?  or is he pretending to be important in bitcoin.

Well, from what I understand, he owns the domain name of bitcoin.com, and he has done quite a bit of marketing around that website, including paying people to write articles.  There is a bit of a strange overlap with his supposed concept of wanting decentralization, but wanting to have veto power, too... so ironies that ultimately seem to add up to a kind of self-centered and deluded narcissism.. and seeming to have enough money to accomplish a considerable amount of deception in the space.

He seems to have had generated a lot of good will in the early years of bitcoin, and being dubbed as "Bitcoin Jesus" has given him a lot of credibility in the space too.... For the informed folks in bitcoin, there is a decent realization that he has squandered away a lot of the good will, and really has inspired a considerable amount of hatred because of his ongoing deceptive behaviors.   Admittedly he has an ability to come off as way more likable than someone like Craig Wright, even though both of them fit into a similar degree of deluded self-absorption.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:57:30 PM

Bitcoin difficulty is again expected to rise by 12% in about a week. - https://fork.lol/pow/retarget

Yes, currently as long as your electricity costs less than ~0.13USD per KWH, you can still get a slim profit profit on the Antminer S9i. After a 12% increase in difficulty, you will need to pay less than ~0.11USD/KWH to get any profit. I'm not sure what the stats are for the other miners available to the general market.
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 08:58:58 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 09:49:27 PM by kurious

Pfffffffffffffff

Well done mate - you just knocked Brazil out of the World Cup!!!!

Now please beat France?

Then, (I hope) we will see you in the final....

We have Sweden tomorrow, then Croatia or a very politically interesting and delicious draw against Russia!?  And we're there, too.  

But Belgium are the ones to beat now.  Belgium are on fire.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:02:42 PM

What are you trying to say, exactly?

I understand that I should not be egging on a beartard (PM pumper) to explain, but perhaps there is an outside chance that you have something substantially meaningful to say?

By the way, you understand that mining profitability remains considerably variable, and there is considerable speculation in mining too, so some miners are going to be ready, willing and able to operate at a loss for a considerable amount of time.. in other words there time horizons regarding profitability can be quite drug out.

Furthermore, you understand that there can be gamesmanship with mining too, especially if there could be opportunities that the directing of mining can be used as a means to pump the bcash attack vector, and the calculations regarding timing of attacks might be short windows and momentum based, too.
mike4001

Activity: 443
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:13:27 PM

I understand that I should not be egging on a beartard (PM pumper) to explain, but perhaps there is an outside chance that you have something substantially meaningful to say?

By the way, you understand that mining profitability remains considerably variable, and there is considerable speculation in mining too, so some miners are going to be ready, willing and able to operate at a loss for a considerable amount of time.. in other words there time horizons regarding profitability can be quite drug out.

Furthermore, you understand that there can be gamesmanship with mining too, especially if there could be opportunities that the directing of mining can be used as a means to pump the bcash attack vector, and the calculations regarding timing of attacks might be short windows and momentum based, too.

What I am trying to say is that miners will not mine unless they are profitable.

So either they will switch off some miners so the hashrate goes down (which I see as unlikely)

Or the price will follow the increasing hashrate (e.g. miners stop selling their BTC for a period of time to reduce BTC supply on the market) which should result in a higher BTC price.

I just find it an interesting topic :-)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:24:21 PM

What I am trying to say is that miners will not mine unless they are profitable.

So either they will switch off some miners so the hashrate goes down (which I see as unlikely)

Or the price will follow the increasing hashrate (e.g. miners stop selling their BTC for a period of time to reduce BTC supply on the market) which should result in a higher BTC price.

Always interesting, cheers
Is a mixed bag those miners, what makes the blockchain outstanding
Depending on risk management and planning strategies, each miners profit and loss would be determined
So as for the miners turning of their machines they did not think ahead too well, but if remain mining at a loss can profit in the years to come usually

As you said interesting to note if the hash rate or the price is affected

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:25:08 PM

Unfortunately, the traders making the market don't seem to give a shit about whether the miners are making profit or not. The 12.5 fresh BTC generated every 10 minutes isn't even a dent in the current market, at the moment. However, there is speculation mining. Also, there are quite a few places in the world that pay considerably less in electricity than other places. I am quite certain that Bitmain and probably Bitfury are working hard on developing a more efficient ASIC. I would not be surprised if both companies already have a more efficient ASIC that they are already deploying on their mining farms. Also, Bitmain made at least 2 billion dollars last year. They are certain to have enough of a cushion to get them through the lean times and keep mining at a slim profit or even at a loss to outlast their competition.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:36:00 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 10:27:55 PM by JayJuanGee

Fair enough.  Each of us has our perspective, and as I already mentioned, I don't conclude that any of us can draw very much of a short term BTC price prediction based on one indicator, such as mining, and likely that mining has a longer timeline perspective.  

One thing you can recognize with mining is that the hash rate continues to go up, and such exponential ongoing increasing of hash rate does not seem to be directly correlated to short term BTC price movements.

So, even though I agree with you that miners might engage in strategic behaviors, such as shutting off their mining equipment, there are other miners who are attempting to exploit inefficiencies in other ways, and so the hashrate continues to go up, which seems to show a long term bullishness towards bitcoin prices and security.. and ongoing security that would likely cost quite a bit to actually attack the bitcoin network - even though there may be some of that switching between bcash and bitcoin that serves as a kind of playing around with changes in hashrate and perceptions of changes in bitcoin security and affects prices, too.

Edited above for clarity and style (if one can call it that)
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 09:58:58 PM

How are so many people in this thread watching a soccer game? I don't even know a single person in real life who watches soccer, not one.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:04:04 PM

How are so many people in this thread watching a soccer game? I don't even know a single person in real life who watches soccer, not one.

I don't know anyone either. However, soccer isn't exactly a popular spectator sport in the USA. It appears to be popular almost everywhere else.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:06:59 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2018, 10:29:44 PM by mymenace

Shocking.

I feel sorry for roger, been a lot of pressure on him, unsure if it is self inflicted though.
All I got out of that was
Blah, Federal, Blah, Federal, Federal, Blah Blaaaaahhhhh I was brainwashed its not my fault.

Please stay away from the door knob

Gary Davis
https://youtu.be/hJ07sM5w_Dk?t=90
I call bullshit (Roger Ver - A forum to discuss things on the internet), is that all it was.

Yeah Ok roger just fireworks hey
 I ran for California state assembly in 2000

Memory Dealer
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=10310

Re: [ANN] Bitcoin Foundation
28-09-2012, 04:52:02

In reality,  I ran for California state assembly in 2000 as a Libertarian / Voluntarist.
I said enough to upset the feds so much that I became the only person in the USA to be prosecuted for selling a legal product
that was also being sold by hundreds of other companies across the USA including http://www.cabelas.com/
http://www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/press-releases/2002/verPlea.htm
There is no freedom of speech.
This is why the world needs Bitcoin, and this is why I support bitcoinfoundation.org
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9495

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
July 06, 2018, 10:25:32 PM

It’s the most popular sport in the world.

FACT.
Pages: « 1 ... 20627 20628 20629 20630 20631 20632 20633 20634 20635 20636 20637 20638 20639 20640 20641 20642 20643 20644 20645 20646 20647 20648 20649 20650 20651 20652 20653 20654 20655 20656 20657 20658 20659 20660 20661 20662 20663 20664 20665 20666 20667 20668 20669 20670 20671 20672 20673 20674 20675 20676 [20677] 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 20717 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 20724 20725 20726 20727 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: