May 09, 2024, 05:43:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 20717 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 [20724] 20725 20726 20727 20728 20729 20730 20731 20732 20733 20734 20735 20736 20737 20738 20739 20740 20741 20742 20743 20744 20745 20746 20747 20748 20749 20750 20751 20752 20753 20754 20755 20756 20757 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 ... 33335 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380657 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:11:11 PM
Merited by WhatsBitcoin (1)

EOS raised more than a billion

Ever heard of the concept of buying the ICO from yourself so the issuer surreptitiously controls 80+% of the token supply?

The comment was intended sarcastically but this is the internet so the sentiment is poorly expressed without an /s tag.  I don’t doubt that the Chinese gambling ring valuation of $1 billion is as dubious. As dubious as the $900 million ascribed to Kylie Jenner who as far as I can tell has sold at most 300,000 make up kits @ $29.  Which is $8 million in revenue. Math is a fucky thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10230

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:12:52 PM

[edited out]

Jay, just put him on ignore. It’s likely anunymit on another ALT any way.

I don't put peeps on ignore, even when they are disingenuous shill/trolls.. or they are talking a bunch of gibble-dee-gook nonsense.   
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:16:04 PM

Hmm... ETF is all about "free monies": Roll Eyes

https://www.sec.gov/comments/sr-cboebzx-2018-040/cboebzx2018040.htm
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:24:26 PM

or they are talking a bunch of gibble-dee-gook nonsense.  

Seriously, how can you discern what is “gibble-dee-gook nonsense” when you don’t understand technological discussions because you’re not a domain expert in that field? Do you seriously expect that a domain expert can explain to a 5 year old the intricacies of Bitcoin’s Nash equilibrium and Schelling points along with the technological nuances intertwined therein. Ostensibly you just believe everything Core tells you as gospel. Do you also believe everything every expert tells you? Did you believe the lie of the climate scientists when they said that man caused global warming. Did you believe NIST when they said that WTC7 collapsed due to a model which has been hence proven to be implausible?

What if you’re wrong and everybody who followed your advice to ignore Shelby loses all their real Bitcoins? Are you going to apologize? Or run away forsaking your anonymous online identity? Shelby is not anonymous. You are.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1854
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:25:31 PM

So guys, after reading a bit aroud this incoming ETF thing, I didn't decided yet whether this event will pump or dump the price!

Plus it is not clear whether this time the application will be finally approved!

What do you think?

None of the previous attempts were successful so why would this one be any different?

I don’t forsee it gaining approval, no.
I do hope I’m wrong though because if it was approved I think the price would pump significantly.

It has a chance of approval because it is positioned as 'NOT for plebs' ETF and we all know that SEC only cares about that crowd.
Even with $6000 btc, each share in this ETF will cost $150,000.

Bingo. An ETF for retail investors would be summarily shot down. This ETF is for the wealthy. The SEC will not squander an opportunity to help the rich get richer.

It's the first step toward getting a retail ETF for the plebs approved. The wealthy elites need to be able to get in at the ground floor though, since that's where most of the money will be made. I'd expect the first pleb ETF to be approved when Bitcoin is at $50K+.
I also think that because of this ETF will be approved. Moreover, SEC could have rejected it immediately like the previous requests, but instead it opened a comment page. As for the effect on the price, the expected reaction of the eventual approval will be 20%-ish pump followed by a steady growth until the ETF's start trading. The most conservative guess is by Dec to be in the zone of $18K. There are still some fears among buyers because of the current 7 month lasting bearish trend, so to break the $20K will be tough. However, we should not underestimate the significance of the $billions  to enter the bitcoin markets, so unlike the effect of the futures, I expect new ATH's next year.
infofront (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:49:34 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (1), El duderino_ (1)

So guys, after reading a bit aroud this incoming ETF thing, I didn't decided yet whether this event will pump or dump the price!

Plus it is not clear whether this time the application will be finally approved!

What do you think?

None of the previous attempts were successful so why would this one be any different?

I do hope I’m wrong though because if it was approved I think the price would pump significantly.

It has a chance of approval because it is positioned as 'NOT for plebs' ETF and we all know that SEC only cares about that crowd.

Bingo. An ETF for retail investors would be summarily shot down. This ETF is for the wealthy. The SEC will not squander an opportunity to help the rich get richer.

It's the first step toward getting a retail ETF for the plebs approved. The wealthy elites need to be able to get in at the ground floor though, since that's where most of the money will be made. I'd expect the first pleb ETF to be approved when Bitcoin is at $50K+.

info - If the SEC approve an ETF tor the wealthy what effect do you think this would have on the price?

Give me numbers brother!

Maybe something like this:

If ETF is approved in late Aug, that couldl trigger a bull run that could take us to the top of the channel by the end of the year. I'll say $50K, conservatively. $60K+ if things get really crazy and manic.

Taking a look at another logarithmic chart by a reputable analyst, masterluc, if we bounce to the top of his middle channel by the end of the year, that would be  ~$60K.

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:58:01 PM

Shit. There was me thinking I was too succinct to ever be multi-quoted. Undecided
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 08:59:53 PM

are bots allowed in this forum? We need a bot to report if the mempool reaches a critical predefined level. bob does a good job but he has to sleep at least 8 hours per day. so we need a bobbot.

Bots are allowed, so long as they aren't spammy or malicious.

Part of me really wants to learn how to write bots for these forums; start monitoring my node mempool activity stats, and start barking out posts upon an x% rise over y time.

Or learn how to query market APIs, learn how to use graphing libraries, and spit out graphic posts, but, TBH, my IT/Network/Coding past is behind me.

I want to pursue artistic passions.

Bitcoin/Lightning related matters keep me limber enough - staying up-to-date with tech - so as not to completely atrophy those skills. Fucking around with the official LND release now after upgrading my Bitcoin node from 16.0 to 16.1. Haven't built bitcoind from source, with support for esoteric libraries, in quite a long time.

I will write such a bot and publish my bad code. stay tuned Smiley

edit: well, I stumbled over my first problem. login requires a captcha test where the bot has to prove it's not a bot, haha Smiley
most likely it's possible to login in manually the first time and copy the cookie, I have to try that.

I like the idea of an actual productive bot.

I am sure that there are a few bots that are already here, but those bots probably don't give "bot setting up" advice.  Not in their current programming.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:01:07 PM

@infofront How do you think alts would react to ETF approval? Won't bitcoin's dominance increase further, if it happens?
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:05:32 PM
Merited by jojo69 (1), Raja_MBZ (1), BobLawblaw (1), Dunkelheit667 (1)

@infofront what is the meaning of existence?
@infofront how do i get a woman?
@infofront is the mayor your bot-boy?
@infofront sir when moon lambo syscoin?
@infofront have you ever seen the rain?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:06:40 PM
Merited by Raja_MBZ (1)

@infofront How do you think alts would react to ETF approval? Won't bitcoin's dominance increase further, if it happens?

The ETF rejection is what started the alt mega run. ETH immediately went to the stars and took everything with it.

If that ETF had passed alts would've taken a monster shit.

This time around I assume people would pile in with applications for alt ETFs if the SolidX one passed, but I don't think it will pass so it's a non speculation.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12076

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:08:37 PM

What do you think?

info - If the SEC approve an ETF tor the wealthy what effect do you think this would have on the price?

Give me numbers brother!

Maybe something like this:

If ETF is approved in late Aug, that couldl trigger a bull run that could take us to the top of the channel by the end of the year. I'll say $50K, conservatively. $60K+ if things get really crazy and manic.

Taking a look at another logarithmic chart by a reputable analyst, masterluc, if we bounce to the top of his middle channel by the end of the year, that would be  ~$60K.

Don’t know what more crazy shit i could do ..... but breaking those priceses than i need to find something  Shocked
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12076

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:09:58 PM

And Yes syscoin???  Roll Eyes lol
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:12:04 PM

And Yes syscoin???  Roll Eyes lol

syscoin ann'ed same board as bti/instant .. um what me worry? =) noobs<<<
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:12:41 PM

Oh?  So you are going to pick up the Shelby (anunymint) slack to inform us about something of substance?  Or you just want to defend a troll?  Aka banned person?  By the way, if you have arguments that are really technical in nature, then you might want to present them in another thread.. If you want to spread some unsubstantiated and confusing claims like anunymint was presenting, then maybe you will find yourself in a similar fate, as him?

You’re an expert troll. Kudos.

Your repetitively asserting such is not going to make it true - and how much credibility do you have, actually - especially, when you continue to post nonsense..... right?   And, your ongoing failure and refusal to attempt to provide any kind of substance rather than personal attacks and status assertions, seems to demonstrate that you have no real intention to provide meaningful substance in your posts.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:17:18 PM

Oh?  So you are going to pick up the Shelby (anunymint) slack to inform us about something of substance?  Or you just want to defend a troll?  Aka banned person?  By the way, if you have arguments that are really technical in nature, then you might want to present them in another thread.. If you want to spread some unsubstantiated and confusing claims like anunymint was presenting, then maybe you will find yourself in a similar fate, as him?

Your repetitively asserting such is not going to make it true - and how much credibility do you have, actually - especially, when you continue to post nonsense..... right?   And, your ongoing failure and refusal to attempt to provide any kind of substance rather than personal attacks and status assertions, seems to demonstrate that you have no real intention to provide meaningful substance in your posts.

"Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Just leave him already.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:17:25 PM

What do you think?

Well there is one thing that has changed, that was a bit of a seeming concern for the SEC in the previous ETF application denials - and that is seemingly increased liquidity and increased financialization of the bitcoin space.  So, such increases in liquidity comes from higher prices and also from more exchanges.  The increased financialization comes from the entrance of larger and large players and more tools for them to make big entrances into BTC... However, both of these are moving targets, but they both seem to continue to move into the positive direction (overall.. of course some of the price volatility and the ongoing frothiness of some of the alt coins and ICOs can detract from some of this, too).
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:31:02 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), Raja_MBZ (1), WhatsBitcoin (1)

Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:34:40 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2018, 10:19:26 PM by Traxo

Your repetitively asserting such is not going to make it true
Your repetitive pattern of eating the “feeding the troll” troll bait is making it true.

and how much credibility do you have, actually
Appeal to authority eh. And you how much credibility do you have?

And, your ongoing failure and refusal to attempt to provide any kind of substance rather than personal attacks and status assertions, seems to demonstrate that you have no real intention to provide meaningful substance in your posts.
You talk about yourself when you think you are talking about others. It is freakin’ hilarious.

The substance was provided. You have so many excuses as to why you don’t have time to read it, can’t comprehend it, or how it wasn’t written especially tailored for your comprehension.

Contemplating[BTFD and preparing to sell].

We can make a deal.  Instead of ranting about how no one respects your authority, how about you tell us something important, interesting or at least entertaining.  We will then respect you in the morning.
@anunymint provided it already.

Cats think animals that primarily sense movement can’t see them. They (small cats as pictured) are not interested in whether humans can see them. You’re not food.

I've been in this space for nearly 5 years,  
So has @anunymint. And he has been a programmer for 40 years. You?

Did you believe NIST when they said that WTC7 collapsed due to a model which has been hence proven to be implausible?
Again, we are deviating off topic, and this is an example in which there is evidence both ways... and we need not get into details of off-topicness in order to prove the extent to which we may or may not have developed sufficient critical thinking skills, right?

Lol. No there is no evidence at all for the government’s story. Once again you do not study the details.

Here you go.. mischaracterizing my assertion as giving advice to "ignore Shelby"... People can do whatever the fuck they want.  Whatever, my comments were to Shelby or to you stand on their own.
Good you’ve come clean on that. I could certainly get the impression that you were trying to form an echo chamber and groupthink by slapping each other on the back for writing derogatory comments about Shelby’s attempt to help hodlers not lose their real Bitcoin.

Do you recall our stupid ass previous troll, Stolfi, who presented himself and his arguments in this thread for a few years, and he was proclaiming to be a neutral professor.. and who gives a ratt's ass if he really was a professor, because his ideas were wrong, trollish and misleading.
You were around this forum for 5 years and you do not even know that Shelby was refuting Stolfi both here and at Redditard. You don’t get out much from this echo chamber do you?

your butt buddy … your butt buddy … your butt buddy … your butt buddy … your butt buddy … your butt buddy
Highly intellectual comments. Ty.

figure out a way to present and tailor their ideas to such audience(s) to the extent that they believe their presentation serves their purpose(s)
Indeed. That is why @anunymint did not try to make the argument strongly here. That would be futile. He obviously did not present the warning to help you. You are beyond help. He obviously presented the information for other reasons. And I doubt you can figure out what those reasons are.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 09:40:44 PM
Merited by yefi (1), Raja_MBZ (1)

Hey Traxo

We can make a deal.  Instead of ranting about how no one respects your authority, how about you tell us something important, interesting or at least entertaining.  We will then respect you in the morning.

Do we have a deal ?
Pages: « 1 ... 20674 20675 20676 20677 20678 20679 20680 20681 20682 20683 20684 20685 20686 20687 20688 20689 20690 20691 20692 20693 20694 20695 20696 20697 20698 20699 20700 20701 20702 20703 20704 20705 20706 20707 20708 20709 20710 20711 20712 20713 20714 20715 20716 20717 20718 20719 20720 20721 20722 20723 [20724] 20725 20726 20727 20728 20729 20730 20731 20732 20733 20734 20735 20736 20737 20738 20739 20740 20741 20742 20743 20744 20745 20746 20747 20748 20749 20750 20751 20752 20753 20754 20755 20756 20757 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 ... 33335 »
  Print  

Jump to: