April 24, 2024, 05:33:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 20756 20757 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 20775 20776 20777 20778 20779 20780 20781 20782 20783 20784 20785 20786 20787 20788 20789 20790 20791 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 [20806] 20807 20808 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 20817 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 20842 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 ... 33297 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367041 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:33:33 PM
Merited by mindrust (1)

Meanwhile in r/Bitcoin

Bitcoin today

https://www.whoisrogerver.com/

Grin Grin Grin Wall of text

fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate , hate leads to the dark side

https://crypto.robinhood.movie/

an open secret hey Roger

gonna get help here or shall we go to see Chan
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:37:28 PM

$500 million long leveraged in one single exchange? That's simply mindblowing.

What could be his exit plan?

People with that kind of money to throw around don't get that rich or risk that kind of money without some sort of edge. I would say he has inside information. In fact, I would say a lot of people have the information and that's why we are going to continue vertical until the news breaks.

Sooo, do you think he will just send the money to deleverage his/their position and convert to solid Bitcoins instead of just selling?

Maybe a mix of both "exit" strategies?

I don't really know what to think. Mindblowing.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:40:39 PM

People with that kind of money to throw around don't get that rich or risk that kind of money without some sort of edge. I would say he has inside information. In fact, I would say a lot of people have the information and that's why we are going to continue vertical until the news breaks.

That may be true, but notice how these types of bonkers positions never happen on legit exchanges like Coinbase Pro or Gemini. It's always on the fucking shady Chinese exchanges, where there is no transparency and nobody can really verify anything. The order books could be completed faked or trumped up.
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:40:49 PM

Here we go again?

Looks like it, $8400+ now
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:43:17 PM

Meanwhile in r/Bitcoin

Bitcoin today

an open secret hey Roger

Check out this Tweet from today.

Roger Ver, Daniel Kelman and some others meeting with the president of Cyprus.

https://twitter.com/kelmandacom/status/1021828985972436992
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10143

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:46:12 PM

Fine... but we are still poor.

I hate to set my expectations too high.

Maybe poor was around $200, and then just making it was around $600, and feeling pretty good was around $1,000.

Above $1k are just relative variations of well off  merging into lower levels of rich and then higher levels of rich that come from $10k and above.. perhaps approaching fuck you rich at $100k and filthy rich at $1million?

The single most important level of richness is reaching a solid "fuck you money". Below that it's just "still poor" and above is "still rich". Yeah, $100k (per BTC) would be enough "fuck you money" for me.

O.k.... that's fair enough, and it seems that the levels are different for different people, even though we may have been into bitcoin for similar amounts of time.

So I was considering that perhaps there were quite a few folks whose BTC holdings were kind of in the hole when prices were below $500, and then as prices raised above that level, then your BTC holdings were profitable and became more and more profitable as far as the BTC price going up. 

Another thing that I was considering was that traditional investments could reliably return 4% to 12% annually, if you engaged in a kind of sound investing, so if you are achieving BTC returns that squash those traditional returns, then in the end you will be doing very well.. and surely more well the higher the BTC price, and kind of assuming that the value of your overall BTC portfolio is going up, even if you screw up a bit here and there in terms of losing some of it.

But, I also understand that depending upon the amount of your initial principle investment (which includes any additional amount that you might add on the way up), you may require greater returns if the principle was lower.  So, some people are doing quite well with 10x returns while others might require 100x returns to do well and then even greater returns to get into the "fuck you" territory.  Actually one level of fuck you is just having enough money to be able to support yourself without having to work again, so therefore you can say "fuck you" to any terms of employment that you do not like, and another (higher) level of fuck you is being able to flaunt your wealth or to have a kind of freedom to spend freely without having to really account for your income going down...

so, depending on your cost of living, maybe baby fuck you would be in the lower millions of dollars, and then $3-$5 million in the first world to be able to live off of the money, but bigger levels of fuck you are in the $30 million plus territory... but if you live in an area of the world with a lower cost of living, you might be able to accomplish a decent amount of extra fuck you with less than $10million dollars of  wealth.

Those were more of less the parameters of some of my assumptions.. and understandably will vary from personal circumstances, such as if you believe that you need a yacht in order to have "fuck you" status.

Not setting any expectations or making any prediction.... just telling how things are.

Of course I am happy with current price rise, would be very happy with $10k+ and would start jumping around like a mad kangaroo above $20k.

I am happy with all of this, and including if the price were to get stuck below $10k for an extended period of time, but of course, the more the price goes up, the greater it is to just go a bit wild with the extra wealth that flows in my direction... like an unexpected gift (that was a little bit expected because you peaked under the wrappers when your parents weren't home ... hahahahahahah)....

Yeah, I am aware many people here are already "filthy rich" so, in the end, I guess I am just kind of joking when I say "we". Smiley

EXACTAmente... there are various levels of "we"    Wink Wink

rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:51:29 PM

That may be true, but notice how these types of bonkers positions never happen on legit exchanges like Coinbase Pro or Gemini. It's always on the fucking shady Chinese exchanges, where there is no transparency and nobody can really verify anything. The order books could be completed faked or trumped up.

I think it just further supports the idea that it's insider trading. You don't do that kind of thing on a regulated exchange unless you want to go to jail.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898

Clueless!

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:54:44 PM

The USSA has unveiled a $12tn (£9999.1tn) plan aimed at helping USSA farmers hurt by the intensifying trade war.

The aid is intended to protect the industry as countries raise taxes on USSA products such as soybeans in response to new Chinese regime tariffs.

The USSA plans to provide subsidies to farmers and buy unsold crops, among other measures.

H.E. Donald Frederikovich Trump has promised the aid after respectful requests from farmers, a negligible part of his support base.

H.E. Trump has said his tariffs - which he earlier described in a tweet as "the greatest" - are intended to pressure countries to change their policies toward USSA exports.

In a stirring speech on Tuesday, he said farmers would be the "biggest beneficiary" of the disputes after countries strike new deals.
You know, at a glance this seems really... not helpful?

Players of the Civ genre will know that food is the single most important resource. This makes sense.

So according to most on both sides of the aisle, politics-wise...Trump puts on tariffs...farmers are in trouble ...so taxpayers help farmers...and this is all due to a dubious

reason for tariffs anyway? I guess it is a good way to waste 2x the money...

As the village resident leftie I thoroughly approve of welfare for commercial farming operations.

Agricultural subsidies are Making America Great Again.

/s

No problem with agricultural subsidies to farmers....but we are going to do these, because Trump Admin started a trade war they can't win with tariffs?

seems silly, IMHO....make a problem...toss more $$$ at the problem that goes away when you stop making the problem (trade wars)

What is likely to happen IMHO, is Congress will simply not approve of the bailout (assuming they can do so) yet at the same time support the trump

administration trade war stuff... (no one it seems, will take on Trump...they might not get re-elected if a Republican). They can show they stopped

Trump on the farmer's bailout..yet still claim that they support the President with the tariffs. (win/win fence sitting before November elections)

crazy times

brad

p.s.

edit a link

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-denounce-trump-plan-welfare-farmers-hit-tariffs-205952800.html

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:55:34 PM

Fine... but we are still poor.

I hate to set my expectations too high.

Maybe poor was around $200, and then just making it was around $600, and feeling pretty good was around $1,000.

Above $1k are just relative variations of well off  merging into lower levels of rich and then higher levels of rich that come from $10k and above.. perhaps approaching fuck you rich at $100k and filthy rich at $1million?

Exactly that JJG.

Nice to see that you are back, RJC.  You would not want to get a "hiding in the cupboards" reputation like Rosewater, right?

I don't know if we are out of the woods, but surely it feels pretty good to have some upwards BTC price action that might reck a few bears in the process.  And, maybe they deserve such recking especially if they had been thinking that they were going to profit from shorting BTC in the $5ks, $6ks and $7ks?

It's like early 2016, when bears were shorting BTC in the $350 to $450 range - and got reckt....

and

It's like early 2017, when bears were shorting BTC in the lower $1000s and upper three digits range - and got reckt....

and

It's like July / August  2017 (and even September 2017), when bears were shorting BTC in the $2000s - and got reckt....

Good luck (NOT) bears, you are going to need it.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 11:57:53 PM

These green candles are starting to scare me.  Undecided

JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:00:04 AM

It is quite possible that there was quite a bit of money in fiat waiting in the reserves on bitstamp... and that money was NOT newly deposited into bitstamp today.   However, now that there seems to be some quasi-resolution to the GOX situation (which still remains quite unclear), some investors are putting in their buy orders with their fiat and so NOW all that reserve fiat, is suddenly showing up on the books.  I would venture to bet that there is quite a bit more fiat in the reserves waiting for a clearer signal regarding a GOX resolution and to thereafter jump in.  When that GOX resolution comes, we will truly have to da moon momentum.. UNLESS there is some new shenanigans (what could that be? government sabotage of sorts?)

Tell us again the MtGox Story and how you advised everyone basically not to panic, your words of wisdom at the time were calming.

Tell us again, that you are not a bot, you fucking goofball.. with your half-english and largely difficult to discern content.

I joined this forum in February 2014, so surely my posts in that time had a lot of fucking peeps following them, right?    Furthermore, individuals can have all kinds of opinions that evolve with the time and they are attempting to engage in a dialogue with other peeps in this thread.. wasn't that what I was doing?  Hello you fucking misaligned fuck, do I claim to be a sorcerer at any time?, so get the fuck out of here with your attempt to dig up dirt that ends up being largely irrelevant.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It is quite possible that there was quite a bit of money in fiat waiting in the reserves on bitstamp... and that money was NOT newly deposited into bitstamp today.   However, now that there seems to be some quasi-resolution to the GOX situation (which still remains quite unclear), some investors are putting in their buy orders with their fiat and so NOW all that reserve fiat, is suddenly showing up on the books.  I would venture to bet that there is quite a bit more fiat in the reserves waiting for a clearer signal regarding a GOX resolution and to thereafter jump in.  When that GOX resolution comes, we will truly have to da moon momentum.. UNLESS there is some new shenanigans (what could that be? government sabotage of sorts?)

Tell us again the MtGox Story and how you advised everyone basically not to panic, your words of wisdom at the time were calming.

Are you on some sort of paranoid crusade against everyone for some undisclosed reason?

You did even mistakenly matched my joking at the BCH thread as some sort of serious shilling.

Me thinks you should just relax and enjoy the rise as we are all doing. Really. Or maybe tell us what's the deal?

A bot is not too likely to engage in seriously engaging communications, and yeah it seems that mymenance is engaged in a kind of shit-stirring, that trolls do at opportune times to distract from any meaningful exchanges of thread-relevant information that we might be having.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:00:54 AM

Meanwhile in r/Bitcoin
Bitcoin today

an open secret hey Roger

Check out this Tweet from today.
Roger Ver, Daniel Kelman and some others meeting with the president of Cyprus.
https://twitter.com/kelmandacom/status/1021828985972436992

Yeah shameless bump due to s@#t posting
Someone does not realize their s@#t posting has become irrelevant

Fully exposed, is it TDS there. Or is it RDS.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:02:29 AM

These green candles are starting to scare me.  Undecided

I was just finally starting to develop a comfortable defensive layer of Stockholm Syndrome!

Rosewater Foundation

Activity: 392
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:03:00 AM

Any day above $10k is a good day.

Are we there yet?
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:07:44 AM

Something smells fishy. Creating such an illiquid position, and opening yourself up to $500M of counter-party risk is loco.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:08:08 AM
Merited by Rosewater Foundation (1)

Any day above $10k is a good day.

Are we there yet?

No, we are still poor.

The prospects are not looking so bad now though.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:10:16 AM

Rosewater

you fucking goofball

I'm prepared to accept that.
mymenace
Legendary

Smile

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:12:17 AM

Notice the shills backing each other

Go read their posts literal crap and derision

Ready Player One

Future proves past
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:19:34 AM

Are you on some sort of paranoid crusade against everyone for some undisclosed reason?

You did even mistakenly matched my joking at the BCH thread as some sort of serious shilling.

Me thinks you should just relax and enjoy the rise as we are all doing. Really. Or maybe tell us what's the deal?

A bot is not too likely to engage in seriously engaging communications, and yeah it seems that mymenance is engaged in a kind of shit-stirring, that trolls do at opportune times to distract from any meaningful exchanges of thread-relevant information that we might be having.

No, he's not a bot even he acts like it. He just lacks common sense in his "analysis" of posts reaching to nonsense conclusions. Look:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg42708272#msg42708272

P.S.: Oh well, bolded part exactly does sound like a bot lol.
Rosewater Foundation

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 12:25:48 AM

I just figured he was retarded.

*Rosewater shrugs*
Pages: « 1 ... 20756 20757 20758 20759 20760 20761 20762 20763 20764 20765 20766 20767 20768 20769 20770 20771 20772 20773 20774 20775 20776 20777 20778 20779 20780 20781 20782 20783 20784 20785 20786 20787 20788 20789 20790 20791 20792 20793 20794 20795 20796 20797 20798 20799 20800 20801 20802 20803 20804 20805 [20806] 20807 20808 20809 20810 20811 20812 20813 20814 20815 20816 20817 20818 20819 20820 20821 20822 20823 20824 20825 20826 20827 20828 20829 20830 20831 20832 20833 20834 20835 20836 20837 20838 20839 20840 20841 20842 20843 20844 20845 20846 20847 20848 20849 20850 20851 20852 20853 20854 20855 20856 ... 33297 »
  Print  

Jump to: