April 26, 2024, 04:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 21973 21974 21975 21976 21977 21978 21979 21980 21981 21982 21983 21984 21985 21986 21987 21988 21989 21990 21991 21992 21993 21994 21995 21996 21997 21998 21999 22000 22001 22002 22003 22004 22005 22006 22007 22008 22009 22010 22011 22012 22013 22014 22015 22016 22017 22018 22019 22020 22021 22022 [22023] 22024 22025 22026 22027 22028 22029 22030 22031 22032 22033 22034 22035 22036 22037 22038 22039 22040 22041 22042 22043 22044 22045 22046 22047 22048 22049 22050 22051 22052 22053 22054 22055 22056 22057 22058 22059 22060 22061 22062 22063 22064 22065 22066 22067 22068 22069 22070 22071 22072 22073 ... 33303 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368241 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 09:55:40 AM

Very narrow minded approach. Complexity is what makes life so special btw.
Global Venezuela? BTC useless?

Complex systems always collapse and revert to simpler ones.  There is no scenario in which the failing global monetary system based on scams and fraud flips over to craptocurrency (another complex, centralized, and fraudulent system).  It's guaranteed to be metals.  For anyone that doesn't understand why, probably start off reading or watching something like Joseph Tainter & complexity theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0R09YzyuCI

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:02:19 AM

I always thought that the best to be during deflation is FIAT. Am I wrong?
kurious
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1643

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:03:15 AM

UK HMRC chucks in its two pence:

Only in exceptional circumstances would HMRC expect individuals to buy and sell cryptoassets with such frequency, level of organisation and sophistication that the activity amounts to a financial trade in itself. If it is considered to be trading then Income Tax will take priority over Capital Gains Tax and will apply to profits (or losses) as it would be considered as a business.

As with any activity, the question whether cryptoasset activities amount to trading depends on a number of factors and the individual circumstances. Whether an individual is engaged in a financial trade through the activity of buying and selling cryptoassets will ultimately be a question of fact. It’s often the case that individuals and companies entering into transactions consisting of buying and selling cryptoassets will describe them as ‘trades’. However, the use of the term ‘trade’ in this context is not sufficient to be regarded as a financial trade for tax purposes.

A trade in cryptoassets would be similar in nature to a trade in shares, securities and other financial products. Therefore the approach to be taken in determining whether a trade is being conducted or not would also be similar, and guidance can be drawn from the existing case law on trading in shares and securities.

Lots of other stuff in there about airdrops and forks

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-on-cryptoassets/cryptoassets-for-individuals

Thanks Hairy, well spotted - this is the first new stuff they've posted since 2014 (when they were vague and talked about it possibly being seen as 'gambling')

Now, how to put all the data together when a lot of the exchanges from way back are long gone; BTCE, Cryptsy, Gox et al. 

I will need to face up to my dirty little Alt flirtations over the years, of which I am sure I will find contain many embarrassing sojourns I had totally forgotten.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:04:18 AM

Ideally, Bitcoin can run outside the current money system and you don't need intermediaries.

You are a mindless robot repeating lies from used car salesmen like Andreas Antonopolous.

1)  Bitcoin has built-in middlemen and does not remove counterparty risk

2)  Any non-fungible currency is a permissioned ledger by default

3)  Transaction validators in every cryptocurrency are designed to centralize making them have no fundamentals and being completely pointless

4)  It's 100% impossible to create a decentralized digital currency
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:06:00 AM

Only in exceptional circumstances would HMRC expect individuals to buy and sell cryptoassets with such frequency, level of organisation and sophistication that the activity amounts to a financial trade in itself. If it is considered to be trading then Income Tax will take priority over Capital Gains Tax and will apply to profits (or losses) as it would be considered as a business.

As with any activity, the question whether cryptoasset activities amount to trading depends on a number of factors and the individual circumstances. Whether an individual is engaged in a financial trade through the activity of buying and selling cryptoassets will ultimately be a question of fact. It’s often the case that individuals and companies entering into transactions consisting of buying and selling cryptoassets will describe them as ‘trades’. However, the use of the term ‘trade’ in this context is not sufficient to be regarded as a financial trade for tax purposes.

A trade in cryptoassets would be similar in nature to a trade in shares, securities and other financial products. Therefore the approach to be taken in determining whether a trade is being conducted or not would also be similar, and guidance can be drawn from the existing case law on trading in shares and securities.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tax-on-cryptoassets/cryptoassets-for-individuals

Thanks Hairy, well spotted - this is the first new stuff they've posted since 2014 (when they were vague and talked about it possibly being seen as 'gambling')

Now, how to put all the data together when a lot of the exchanges from way back are long gone; BTCE, Cryptsy, Gox et al. 

I will need to face up to my dirty little Alt flirtations over the years, of which I am sure I will find contain many embarrassing sojourns I had totally forgotten.

They're going to tax the profits but not credit any losses!
VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2018, 10:11:43 AM

This is fantastic, on all fronts there is development !!!

Bitcoin From Space

The move is an interesting one, as it removes the dependency on a physical internet connection through traditional ADSL connections and fibre optic networks.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-from-space-blockstream-cso-explains-its-satellite-services
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:12:51 AM

The good thing about the long gone exchanges is that you can use them to fill the blanks without no way for the HMRC to prove otherwise. Of course the "filling" must be reasonable and coherent with all the rest of data available.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:18:53 AM

I always thought that the best to be during deflation is FIAT. Am I wrong?

We're already in deflation right now.  That's why energy prices are cratering.  It's gradual deflation at the moment, but deflation eventually causes the banks to implode.  When the banks implode, the money you had there is obviously gone, so you would have needed it all to be under your mattress.  

If the deflation happens gradually, they just do an overnight currency devaluation to try and stop it and you have -35% to -80% devaluations like the 1997 Asian currency crisis.  If the deflation happens fast and causes insolvency and everything to implode, then metals are revalued to the moon to add liquidity back to the system.  In BOTH of those scenarios hodling fiat is useless.  Yes, hodling fiat can be beneficial if the system can actually withstand any degree of deflation, but it can't.  It's far too late in the cycle of a debt bubble.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12000

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:43:50 AM

r0ach?  realr0ach?
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 10:48:48 AM

r0ach agree as well ?
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:02:05 AM

https://twitter.com/GideonOPowell/status/1075908263470870528

is this some new mining in texas or  something ??
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:03:39 AM

https://twitter.com/CrypToroMx/status/1075825868390481920

haha LoL
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:04:45 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2018, 11:17:10 AM by realr0ach

r0ach?  realr0ach?

Ah yes, Micgoossens reading the dreaded r0ach posts:

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:20:25 AM

come on BTC

PRE weekend pump ? Smiley Cheesy
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:29:30 AM

Complex systems always collapse and revert to simpler ones.  

OK, GIVE IT ENOUGH TIME that is. Briefly. And then of to complexity again.

The Sun is going to engulf our Earth at one point. Should I be worried?? No. Get real mate!

There is no scenario in which the failing global monetary system based on scams and fraud flips over to craptocurrency (another complex, centralized, and fraudulent system).  It's guaranteed to be metals.

Hey, I just told you, in that scenario it is guaranteed to be salt. Buy salt. A lot of salt.
We probably won't be around to witness your success, but never mind.

@Guys I'm starting to figure out the realr0ach phenomena.
He seems to suffer from the Stockholm syndrome.
It has been so many times that he has been gang banged - bitch slapped & broken in here, that now he loves it and keeps returning & asking for more.
I use to enjoy an opposing voice, but now it has become a little too boring.

Sorry r0ach. Personally I will be very nice with you from now on. I have learned to never disagree with a fool.

come on BTC

PRE weekend pump ? Smiley Cheesy

Hopefully. We will know in few hours.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:55:53 AM

The Sun is going to engulf our Earth at one point. Should I be worried?? No. Get real mate!

You should be worried.  Compared to physical metals, shitcoins will age about as well as Tom Cruise's girlfriends:

Lambie Slayer

Activity: 994
Merit: 707

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 11:58:22 AM
Merited by infofront (1), El duderino_ (1)

Its unfortunate that Roach and Gembitz dont have eachothers love right now to comfort them as their shorts are destroyed more each day. They wont meet for several years till the 100k party and life will be very hard for them. Roach, like most paranoid schizophrenics lives at home and his delusions grow worse and worse. Roach will survive these tough times in his parents basement and the local Rabbi will come check on him once a week. Gembitz spends most of her nights crying about her gender issues and her dark past. Two truly broken souls who have no real purpose in life.

Lets have a look at Roach's mental disorder.

source - https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/schizophrenia-signs-and-symptoms.htm

"Early warning signs of schizophrenia
In some people, schizophrenia appears suddenly and without warning. But for most, it comes on slowly, with subtle warning signs and a gradual decline in functioning long before the first severe episode. Often, friends or family members will know early on that something is wrong, without knowing exactly what."

(Roachs family knew something was wrong when he started refusing to go to the synagogue and locking himself in his room)

"In this early phase of schizophrenia, you may seem eccentric, unmotivated, emotionless, and reclusive to others. You may start to isolate yourself, begin neglecting your appearance, say peculiar things, and show a general indifference to life. You may abandon hobbies and activities, and your performance at work or school can deteriorate."

(Roach never finished high school and has not had a job in 7 years. His only interest in life is posting on the internet about Jews and ranting about Bitcoin. He sold the few coins he had in 2015 Cry and watching them grow in value has driven him much deeper into insanity Shocked)

"The most common early warning signs include:

Depression, social withdrawal"

(Lives in basement, only comes out a few times a month. No friends, job, hobbies, college, exercise, or any other activity. Just a mentally deranged recluse reading Daily Stormer and ranting about Jews and Bitcoin, this is his only life activity)

"Hostility or suspiciousness, extreme reaction to criticism"

(Cant handle when people point out how retarded his "ideas" are LOL)

"Deterioration of personal hygiene"

(Roach only bathes once a month when his parents refuse to put food by his door if he doesnt)

"Flat, expressionless gaze"

(Roach has not smiled or laughed in several years. His life is like a deranged robot with almost no emotion except for anger and fear)

"Inability to cry or express joy or inappropriate laughter or crying"

(Roachs grandparents died and he felt nothing except that two less jews walked the Earth so he felt a little bit safer)

"Oversleeping or insomnia; forgetful, unable to concentrate"

(Roach is up all hours posting and ranting to people who think his life is a waste)

"Odd or irrational statements; strange use of words or way of speaking"

(thousands of delusional posts about Bitcoin being worthless and a Jewish scam as it climbs and climbs each year in value)

"While these warning signs can result from a number of problems—not just schizophrenia—they are cause for concern. When out-of-the-ordinary behavior is causing problems in your life or the life of a loved one, seek medical advice. If schizophrenia or another mental problem is the cause, getting treatment early will help."

(the only treatment for Roach will be his future lover Gembitz)

"Symptoms
There are five types of symptoms characteristic of schizophrenia: delusions, hallucinations, disorganized speech, disorganized behavior, and the so-called “negative” symptoms. However, the symptoms of schizophrenia vary dramatically from person to person, both in pattern and severity. Not every person with schizophrenia will have all the symptoms, and the symptoms of schizophrenia may also change over time."

"Delusions
A delusion is a firmly-held idea that a person has despite clear and obvious evidence that it isn’t true. Delusions are extremely common in schizophrenia, occurring in more than 90% of those who have the disorder. Often, these delusions involve illogical or bizarre ideas or fantasies, such as:"

Exters pyramid
Jews out to get him!!
Bitcoin is a Jewish scam!!
Muh silver!!!

"Delusions of persecution – Belief that others, often a vague “they,” are out to get you. These persecutory delusions often involve bizarre ideas and plots (e.g. “Martians are trying to poison me with radioactive particles delivered through my tap water”)."
A. Jews
B. Women
C. Gays
D. Bitcoiners
E. Parents
F. Local Rabbi

"Delusions of reference – A neutral environmental event is believed to have a special and personal meaning. For example, you might believe a billboard or a person on TV is sending a message meant specifically for you."

Thinks Hitler is talking to him every day.

"Delusions of grandeur – Belief that you are a famous or important figure, such as Jesus Christ or Napoleon. Alternately, delusions of grandeur may involve the belief that you have unusual powers, such as the ability to fly."

A. Thinks he understands markets and is some kind of expert, but has only ever lost his allowance by making bad trades and losing shekels on silver coin investments. His ideas are really just a few silly points repeated over and over again.

"Delusions of control – Belief that your thoughts or actions are being controlled by outside, alien forces. Common delusions of control include thought broadcasting (“My private thoughts are being transmitted to others”), thought insertion (“Someone is planting thoughts in my head”), and thought withdrawal (“The CIA is robbing me of my thoughts”)."

See, Jews, Hitler etc.

"Hallucinations
Hallucinations are sounds or other sensations experienced as real when they exist only in your mind. While hallucinations can involve any of the five senses, auditory hallucinations (e.g. hearing voices or some other sound) are most common in schizophrenia, often occurring when you misinterpret your own inner self-talk as coming from an outside source."

?? Possibly thinks responders to his posts dont think he is a deranged clown  Cheesy??

"Schizophrenic hallucinations are usually meaningful to you as the person experiencing them. Many times, the voices are those of someone you know, and usually they’re critical, vulgar, or abusive. Visual hallucinations are also relatively common, while all hallucinations tend to be worse when you’re alone."

"Disorganized speech
Schizophrenia can cause you to have trouble concentrating and maintaining a train of thought, externally manifesting itself in the way that you speak. You may respond to queries with an unrelated answer, start sentences with one topic and end somewhere completely different, speak incoherently, or say illogical things."

Bizarre nonsense ideas about everything under the sun. Roach has delusions that he is an expert on every topic, but his writings are little more than insane babbling.

Common signs of disorganized speech include:

Loose associations – Rapidly shifting from topic to topic, with no connection between one thought and the next.

Neologisms – Made-up words or phrases that only have meaning to you.

Perseveration – Repetition of words and statements; saying the same thing over and over.

Clang – Meaningless use of rhyming words (“I said the bread and read the shed and fed Ned at the head”).

Disorganized behavior
Schizophrenia disrupts goal-directed activity, impairing your ability to take care of yourself, your work, and interact with others. Disorganized behavior appears as:

A decline in overall daily functioning
Unpredictable or inappropriate emotional responses
Behaviors that appear bizarre and have no purpose
Lack of inhibition and impulse control
Negative symptoms (absence of normal behaviors)
The so-called “negative” symptoms of schizophrenia refer to the absence of normal behaviors found in healthy individuals, such as:

Lack of emotional expression – Inexpressive face, including a flat voice, lack of eye contact, and blank or restricted facial expressions.

Lack of interest or enthusiasm – Problems with motivation; lack of self-care.

Seeming lack of interest in the world – Apparent unawareness of the environment; social withdrawal.

Speech difficulties and abnormalities – Inability to carry a conversation; short and sometimes disconnected replies to questions; speaking in a monotone.

Daniel’s story
Daniel is 21 years old. Six months ago, he was doing well in college and holding down a part-time job in the stockroom of a local electronics store. But then he began to change, becoming increasingly paranoid and acting out in bizarre ways. First, he became convinced that his professors were “out to get him” since they didn’t appreciate his confusing, off-topic classroom rants. Then he told his roommate that the other students were “in on the conspiracy.” Soon after, he dropped out of school.

From there, his condition got worse. Daniel stopped bathing, shaving, and washing his clothes. At work, he became convinced that his boss was watching him through surveillance bugs planted in the store’s TV screens. Then he started hearing voices telling him to find the bugs and deactivate them. Things came to a head when he acted on the voices, smashing several TVs and screaming that he wasn’t going to put up with the “illegal spying” any more. His frightened boss called the police, and Daniel was hospitalized.

Treatment for schizophrenia
As upsetting as a diagnosis of schizophrenia can be, ignoring the problem won’t make it go away. Beginning treatment as soon as possible with an experienced mental health professional is crucial to your recovery. At the same time, it’s important not to buy into the stigma associated with schizophrenia or the myth that you can’t get better. A diagnosis of schizophrenia is not a life-sentence of ever-worsening symptoms and recurring hospitalizations. With the right treatment and self-help, many people with schizophrenia are able to regain normal functioning and even become symptom-free."

Giving and receiving rimjobs with Gembitz will prove his only salvation in the future. Kiss
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:03:55 PM

There are less than 150,000 addresses with more than 10 BTC.

I think there’s probably less than 15,000 people in the world that have more than 10 BTC.

15K sounds like a lower bound.

I would say that 30-50K is more likely (each having 3-5 wallets of at least 10BTC).
Probably not more than 5K individuals with more than 100 BTC and not more than 500-800 with more than 1000BTC
https://medium.com/@BambouClub/are-you-in-the-bitcoin-1-a-new-model-of-the-distribution-of-bitcoin-wealth-6adb0d4a6a95

I am actually struck by the fact that there are only about 5K or so with more than 100BTC (16K wallets, but each person most likely has a few, so 3 seems to be a reasonable denominator).
In comparison, there are about 150K individuals with fiat wealth above $50mil (UHNW).
Source: credit suisse global wealth report (2018)

You misinterpret the Medium article you cite. It predicted 7500 people with a minimum of 215btc and 25000 wih at least 89btc.

Thanks for the link, interesting, although I expect some serious reshuffling since sep 2017 to have occurred.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:07:13 PM

Facebook is going to create their own stable coin for whatsapp, targeting the remittance market.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/bloomberg-facebook-is-developing-a-cryptocurrency-for-transfers-in-whatsapp

https://www.ccn.com/facebook-aggressively-hiring-blockchain-devs-discussed-launching-cryptocurrency-report/

Western Union's response: "We already operate with 130 currencies. If one day we feel like it is the right strategy to introduce cryptocurrencies to our platform, technology-wise, it's just one more currency. I think cryptocurrencies may become one more option of currency or assets around the globe to be exchanged between people and businesses. If that happens, we would be ready to launch."

https://cointelegraph.com/news/western-union-considers-crypto-partners-with-ripple-to-test-blockchain-payments

The race to dominate the remittance market has started, meanwhile Bitcoin has been able to do this since the start.

Will Facebook operate tens of thousands of offices in Goatfuckville?

Western Union make the money they do because their users wind up with cash in their hand no matter who they are or where they are.

Anyone can put together some 1s and 0s that magic across the internet. The hard bit is the start and finish.
realr0ach

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
December 21, 2018, 12:10:26 PM

Anyone can put together some 1s and 0s that magic across the internet.

Thank you for accidentally admitting that physical commodity currencies like silver and gold are real money and digital 1's and 0's aren't.
Pages: « 1 ... 21973 21974 21975 21976 21977 21978 21979 21980 21981 21982 21983 21984 21985 21986 21987 21988 21989 21990 21991 21992 21993 21994 21995 21996 21997 21998 21999 22000 22001 22002 22003 22004 22005 22006 22007 22008 22009 22010 22011 22012 22013 22014 22015 22016 22017 22018 22019 22020 22021 22022 [22023] 22024 22025 22026 22027 22028 22029 22030 22031 22032 22033 22034 22035 22036 22037 22038 22039 22040 22041 22042 22043 22044 22045 22046 22047 22048 22049 22050 22051 22052 22053 22054 22055 22056 22057 22058 22059 22060 22061 22062 22063 22064 22065 22066 22067 22068 22069 22070 22071 22072 22073 ... 33303 »
  Print  

Jump to: