April 19, 2024, 01:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 22892 22893 22894 22895 22896 22897 22898 22899 22900 22901 22902 22903 22904 22905 22906 22907 22908 22909 22910 22911 22912 22913 22914 22915 22916 22917 22918 22919 22920 22921 22922 22923 22924 22925 22926 22927 22928 22929 22930 22931 22932 22933 22934 22935 22936 22937 22938 22939 22940 22941 [22942] 22943 22944 22945 22946 22947 22948 22949 22950 22951 22952 22953 22954 22955 22956 22957 22958 22959 22960 22961 22962 22963 22964 22965 22966 22967 22968 22969 22970 22971 22972 22973 22974 22975 22976 22977 22978 22979 22980 22981 22982 22983 22984 22985 22986 22987 22988 22989 22990 22991 22992 ... 33276 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26363867 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:06:32 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 12:10:14 PM

is Bitcoin done or are our expectations too high? do we need more patience?

Bitcoin is surely NOT done. Our expectations are probably too high... but that depends on individual expectations. For sure we need more patience.

you're probably right. I remember my expectation in 2015/16 was to see the break of 10k mark at the earliest in 2020. and then... BitFinex and Tether in 2017...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:10:54 PM

</hyperbolic nonsense>
You, good sir or madam, are a liar. I never said any such thing.
Sounded like it though to be honest.

I believe I can see where you're coming from, and can see some sense in it if I'm correct. But even then, your method of delivery probably fuels the fire more than it helps put it out.

If Muslims publicly spoke out against the problematic aspects of Islam and terrorism and publicly sought reform on a global scale, would you redact or amend your statement that Muslims are not innocent?
Sure, to people who project their own dark sides a lot. Which is again a primarily low-amygdala trait, or leftie trait. You'll notice you and I didn't get in a spat over it, for example?

My delivery is intentional. People get all kinds of honest when they get riled up. Quickly identifies who is worth my time.

Muslims as a whole will not do that. They would no longer be Muslim. It goes directly against the core of their faith.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:13:05 PM

Our awkward bastard step children ltc and eth are both up well over 5% today..can we and perhaps a better question, should we be matching them? Breaking above 4.2k would be a 5% gain for btc today. Also of note is that there hasent been but a small closeout of shorts.

You have provided an exacting set of background facts that should justify a decent BTC shorts-a-squeezing.. let's say, at least to $4,500, just to siphon them out even though $4,900-ish would be nicer to make it an even-Steven $1k upwards movement....

BTC is like USA among other crypto now.

It is a lot bigger than others so it is way harder to move it upwards or downwards.

A small shitty country can grow %10+ in a year and that still wouldn't make them happy and on the other hand, when USA grows %3 in a year they celebrate it for days.

Shitcoins are like those are small countries.

It is probably too late but I wish I bought more LTC While it was $30.
If you do you may want to throw <0.5 of your 5 BTC at shitcoin projects. Do thorough research and make sure to dump on the way up though. They are generally hit and run in the short to medium term and only few will prosper in the long run.
But opportunities are abundant and will remain to be so for a while. Just don't get greedy and use too many of your hard earned BTC or you'll fuck yourself over. 10% is a solid upper limit that will neither hurt you substantially nor produce so little return that it'd be a waste of time.
Also gets you to study the space more, and I have no doubt that shitcoins will be the new fundraising method for entrepreneurs as the space matures.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:14:57 PM

Can this child get a bann? He is telling racis things and still he can speak on this forum..
It's called freedom of speech. If you want to solve problems you need to be able to learn about them, and if he is a problem to you then you have nothing to gain by muting him.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:16:36 PM

Can this child get a bann? He is telling racis things and still he can speak on this forum..
It's called freedom of speech. If you want to solve problems you need to be able to learn about them, and if he is a problem to you then you have nothing to gain by muting him.
It'd make him feel better. For a very short time. Then he goes on search of someone else to get banned.

It's just a chase for a dopamine fix. Political power is more addictive than cocaine, even on such a small scale, that's why they do it. But otherwise solid advice there.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:18:14 PM

@ibian

Western society is based on invidualism thus it is hard to accept that muslims as a whole are all criminals, murderers and rapists.

Personally i dont believe it either.

There are bad and good people.

Sometimes there are more bad then good people, but that doesnt reject above statement.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:18:33 PM

I was waiting for a decision, between bullish and bearish scenarios, since 6h PSAR was close to flip to bullish, and 12h PSAR close to flip to bearish.
With this bi-directional spike, both flipped, so no clue how this will unfold... Roll Eyes

Where do you think we are compared to 2015? Or do you see it unfolding differently than back then?

If this will play similar to 2015, then about 6 months from now weekly MACD should cross into positive.
But I suspect this bear market is of a higher order than the 2014 one, so I wouldn't count on a quick recovery.
weekly macd is positive now?
do you mean it has to go red again first over these 6 months?

No, weekly MACD (the signal) is deeply into negative now, but MACD divergence has crossed into green 5 weeks ago.
And the weekly MACD signal also made a bearish divergence with the April 2018 MACD low (both lower price and lower MACD).
What I mean is that the weekly MACD signal should cross into positive, in order to make the case for a bull market, but I don't see this happening soon.
In the meantime, I hope the 5200$ scenario becomes true, I am still long (bought just before the Feb 8th pump).

Daily PSAR has flipped to bullish, so the 5200$ scenario has now good chances to become true.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:19:52 PM

@ibian

Western society is based on invidualism thus it is hard to accept that muslims as a whole are all criminals, murderers and rapists.

Personally i dont believe it either.

There are bad and good people.

Sometimes there are more bad then good people, but that doesnt reject above statement.
Actually it's based on groups of people murdering the fuck out of one another, and later christianity. The modern incarnation of the west is an entirely new thing, and we may not have picked the best options along the way.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:21:09 PM

ibian, are you really serious?

Anything I don't agree with is racist and should be banned.  Let's start by banning all the Jews, you know, the racists who took control of Russia then killed 20-40 million white Christian Russians and most of Germany too:

(((Ehrenburg)))

Ten out of ten Jews agree guns need to be banned to make the goyim easier to enslave and to facilitate the Kalergi plan.
The irony. His name appears German.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:23:45 PM

We have plenty of coal allegedly

Supposedly 100 years of coal in the US, but I don't know many people with coal powered cars.  So yea, shouldn't be a problem powering buildings in the US with a combination of coal and nuclear, but there's no substitute for oil to power the cars.  The future I imagine for the west is an oil shock and a large societal shift to where western countries are going to be riding around on little motorcycles that consume small amounts of gas like they do in Asian countries.  Then some electric cars here and there, with the big gas guzzlers only being used to transport food or other materials.

As for this ArrieMoller and Trollgoossens guy, Europe has just about no fossil fuels, so you guys are cucked unless you beg Putin to not let you die.
Can always charge batteries with electricity generated from nuclear power while transitioning to solar and fusion. The transition also won't be nearly as bad as you make it out to be if it's a necessity. Necessity implies disproportional profits, which from your perspective the Jews would be so happy to provide that they'll make it work. If they don't they'd be stuck with little to nothing and a lot of mostly useless money.

I instead to be 100% energy self sufficient (car & house) within the next 24 months.  Currently have a Powerwall2 on order so I can capture my solar for night time use instead of dumping it into the grid. It’s 13.5kwh so not enough to take me off the grid altogether but I’m getting close.  

Electric car is next. Big oil and the Saudis can go fuck themselves.  Looking at the Taycan, Model 3 Performance but there are some other interesting ones in the pipeline.  Like this electric Peugeot concept.

No need to muck about with nuclear, the future is already here.
My plan as well. Self-sufficiency is always a good idea and I love tech in general, so any way for me to vote with my wallet for the development of technologies is welcome. I can't wait for commercial and efficient full glass solar panels. Will build some sexy shit with that.

Imagine a glass bridge on a pond/lake that happens to be made of solar panels that will illuminate a pavilion in the middle of it. Or a grow-house made out of solar panel glass.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2406

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:24:40 PM

</hyperbolic nonsense>

I believe I can see where you're coming from, and can see some sense in it if I'm correct. But even then, your method of delivery probably fuels the fire more than it helps put it out.

If Muslims publicly spoke out against the problematic aspects of Islam and terrorism and publicly sought reform on a global scale, would you redact or amend your statement that Muslims are not innocent?

Let's put it that way:

I don't like Islam. I don't want to be associated with Islam neither. I never went to a Mosque. Never Prayed, never did one religious ritual.

As much as I don't like Islam, I also don't like Christianity or Judaism. Any extremists from any of these religions (actually all religions) are the people I don't want to be near of.

Ibian has the right to stay away from the Muslims. He may not like them. He can do those.

But while he is doing that, he also says anything the Christians did in the past was right because it was always the other side who provocated his side.

That's not a healthy way to think imo.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:25:19 PM

I was waiting for a decision, between bullish and bearish scenarios, since 6h PSAR was close to flip to bullish, and 12h PSAR close to flip to bearish.
With this bi-directional spike, both flipped, so no clue how this will unfold... Roll Eyes

Where do you think we are compared to 2015? Or do you see it unfolding differently than back then?

If this will play similar to 2015, then about 6 months from now weekly MACD should cross into positive.
But I suspect this bear market is of a higher order than the 2014 one, so I wouldn't count on a quick recovery.
weekly macd is positive now?
do you mean it has to go red again first over these 6 months?

No, weekly MACD (the signal) is deeply into negative now, but MACD divergence has crossed into green 5 weeks ago.
And the weekly MACD signal also made a bearish divergence with the April 2018 MACD low (both lower price and lower MACD).
What I mean is that the weekly MACD signal should cross into positive, in order to make the case for a bull market, but I don't see this happening soon.
In the meantime, I hope the 5200$ scenario becomes true, I am still long (bought just before the Feb 8th pump).

Daily PSAR has flipped to bullish, so the 5200$ scenario has now good chances to become true.

Amazing. I asked some traders about PSAR, and they were (3 out of 4) a bit sniffy. One has always been very pro it, which is why my ears pricked up when you mentioned it. Same detractors though are predicting 5200 with their own preferred indicators. So ... soon.
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1344

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2019, 12:25:38 PM

Our awkward bastard step children ltc and eth are both up well over 5% today..can we and perhaps a better question, should we be matching them? Breaking above 4.2k would be a 5% gain for btc today. Also of note is that there hasent been but a small closeout of shorts.

You have provided an exacting set of background facts that should justify a decent BTC shorts-a-squeezing.. let's say, at least to $4,500, just to siphon them out even though $4,900-ish would be nicer to make it an even-Steven $1k upwards movement....

BTC is like USA among other crypto now.

It is a lot bigger than others so it is way harder to move it upwards or downwards.

A small shitty country can grow %10+ in a year and that still wouldn't make them happy and on the other hand, when USA grows %3 in a year they celebrate it for days.

Shitcoins are like those are small countries.

It is probably too late but I wish I bought more LTC While it was $30.
If you do you may want to throw <0.5 of your 5 BTC at shitcoin projects. Do thorough research and make sure to dump on the way up though. They are generally hit and run in the short to medium term and only few will prosper in the long run.
But opportunities are abundant and will remain to be so for a while. Just don't get greedy and use too many of your hard earned BTC or you'll fuck yourself over. 10% is a solid upper limit that will neither hurt you substantially nor produce so little return that it'd be a waste of time.
Also gets you to study the space more, and I have no doubt that shitcoins will be the new fundraising method for entrepreneurs as the space matures.
This could help him....
Want to share this for everyone. This is really good for risk management.

He really explained it very well:

Read more here: https://twitter.com/CryptoCobain/status/922197320292323328
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:26:34 PM

</hyperbolic nonsense>

Let's put it that way:

I don't like Islam. I don't want to be associated with Islam neither. I never went to a Mosque. Never Prayed, never did one religious ritual.

As much as I don't like Islam, I also don't like Christianity or Judaism. Any extemists from any of these religions (actually all religions) are the people I don't want to be near of.

Ibian has the right to stay away from the Muslims. He may not like them. He can do those.

But while he is doing that, he also says anything the Christians did in the past was right because it was always the other side who provocated his side.

That's not a healthy way to think imo.
It's the only way to think. That's why we do it. If you care less about yourself than someone who wants to kill you do, you will be the one who dies. Same goes for nations. Life is a competition.

"Like" has nothing to do with it. It is what it is.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:26:45 PM

As for a "beginner level" introduction, I'm not really aware of any that isn't gritty rigorous Math. And in that case any would be as good as any other I suppose, since the definitions are always the same (except for perhaps the symbols used). If you feel like digging deeper I'm sure you'll find any number of resources on Google. All my notes and books for these topics are in non-English though, so I can't recommend you any reference here. But alas.

[2+2 <> 4]

quite interesting, thanks for giving me something new to chew on.

initially i thought you were referring to some sort of quantum effect as applied to math, as it seems quantum effects can create temporary energy as long as its "paid back" (like say a number, but not number in abstract, more like now when there was one something there are 2 somethings or 0 somethings.

i only went as far trig and some calc.. when i hit calc, and didnt see a traditional number on any page  till like 50 pages in, my brain just stalled.

too busy then partying the best days of my life away. some regrets, but not many.

Honestly it's never to late, especially if you're interested.

When I was doing my Bachelor there was a guy well into his 50s or 60s who was taking all the "real" Math lectures with us as opposed to the dumbed down ones for Economists etc. People were very welcoming towards him and he seemed to be enjoying himself quite a lot. I changed universities throughout my Bachelor to the next city. And found the same guy taking Master level lectures at the new place when I was a bit later (first place was for Economics and Business with focus on Math, second had a proper full blown Math department). So clearly he didn't just attend, he was doing quite well too. And that appeared to be his first time at university in his life as well.

And older people have the big bonus that they may not have to perform or prove anything. You could just study for the sake of it, which takes all the stress away. And their life experiences can make it easier than for most young students who are still trying to figure out what the fuck is going on with life in the first place.

Be prepared to feel like a complete idiot as you start out, should you choose to do so though. I have not met anyone who didn't at least throughout the better portion of the first semester. But even those come back years later and still find new things they had not considered. The very first minute of the very first lecture that I took I almost fell into despair just looking at the blackboard.

Anyway, not trying to shill you into anything here. But the option is there and worth considering. Especially for those with an appreciation of just thinking about things they don't need to for nothing other than the sake of doing so. There are very few ways that are similarly efficient in breaking down all of your preconceived notions as studying Mathematics. Notions such as regret for example. Wink

My wife and I have agreed we are going back to uni when we retire.  We want to take anthropology courses together.  Maybe I will add some pure math as well following our discussions. 
Great plan! I can't wait to go back eventually to study something out of my field myself. Perhaps music theory, history or philosophy.

If you actually do that and don't know which classes to pick you can send me a list of options over and we can try to figure out together which would best suit your interests.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:32:15 PM
Merited by VB1001 (1)

I'll come back later, I hope that by then we'll talk about Bitcoin.
Wrong thread my friend.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:34:06 PM

Ah. It was hidden, fair enough. Yet with zero comments. Why do you suppose that is?

A wise man once said, "If you can't argue the facts, argue the number of comments on a website."
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:34:15 PM

I see you goyim cattle are enjoying your new Jussie Smollet mosque hoax 2.0
BTCMILLIONAIRE

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 12:36:26 PM

I’m still working on a basis for numbers being a finite field.  Which makes sense if you think space time is bounded.  Less so if not.  
Finite sets of numbers are just subsets of infinite ones. As such you can nest them within infinite fields without destroying the structure.
Pages: « 1 ... 22892 22893 22894 22895 22896 22897 22898 22899 22900 22901 22902 22903 22904 22905 22906 22907 22908 22909 22910 22911 22912 22913 22914 22915 22916 22917 22918 22919 22920 22921 22922 22923 22924 22925 22926 22927 22928 22929 22930 22931 22932 22933 22934 22935 22936 22937 22938 22939 22940 22941 [22942] 22943 22944 22945 22946 22947 22948 22949 22950 22951 22952 22953 22954 22955 22956 22957 22958 22959 22960 22961 22962 22963 22964 22965 22966 22967 22968 22969 22970 22971 22972 22973 22974 22975 22976 22977 22978 22979 22980 22981 22982 22983 22984 22985 22986 22987 22988 22989 22990 22991 22992 ... 33276 »
  Print  

Jump to: