May 06, 2024, 10:28:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29886 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 29923 29924 29925 29926 29927 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 [29936] 29937 29938 29939 29940 29941 29942 29943 29944 29945 29946 29947 29948 29949 29950 29951 29952 29953 29954 29955 29956 29957 29958 29959 29960 29961 29962 29963 29964 29965 29966 29967 29968 29969 29970 29971 29972 29973 29974 29975 29976 29977 29978 29979 29980 29981 29982 29983 29984 29985 29986 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372805 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3868

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 07:29:23 PM

I had another go at visualising the emission schedule, 97% will be mined in the first 20 years, the remaining 3% will take over 100 years ...

So basically this means that at some point the amount of coins mined and sold on exchanges won't be sufficient and the price will go up. Supply shock is real. And the best thing: the longer the price will stay down, the higher will be the price hodlers will be ready to part from their precious coins at. And the higher the price will climb. It's like those who were ready to sell some part of their stashes at $100k won't be willing to sell at the same price in 2023 for example. They will be expecting at least $200k.

So it's going to happen like: price goes up to $100k are we ready to sell? NOT! Price is heading higher. Willing to sell at $120? NADA! Going higher... the coins are just not available on exchanges... $150k? Still no! Moar UP. At $200k some retail investors and/or small to average mining operations may start to sell...  but not Saylor/Graycale kind of guys obviously. All of the above is SOMA.  Grin

Very well may be, but there is no guarantee for the demand side and for the timeline.
To me, halvings are not very relevant anymore (as everyone keep posting about a small % of coins being released going forward).
Miners did not sell at 69K and at 48K, so it is the internal market dynamics, not the miners supply, that seems to be in control of the price.
Because of this, it seems that price can be anything (within a pretty large band of $20K-200K), imho.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 07:29:51 PM

I had another go at visualising the emission schedule, 97% will be mined in the first 20 years, the remaining 3% will take over 100 years ...

So basically this means that at some point the amount of coins mined and sold on exchanges won't be sufficient and the price will go up. Supply shock is real. And the best thing: the longer the price will stay down, the higher will be the price hodlers will be ready to part from their precious coins at. And the higher the price will climb. It's like those who were ready to sell some part of their stashes at $100k won't be willing to sell at the same price in 2023 for example. They will be expecting at least $200k.

So it's going to happen like: price goes up to $100k are we ready to sell? NOT! Price is heading higher. Willing to sell at $120? NADA! Going higher... the coins are just not available on exchanges... $150k? Still no! Moar UP. At $200k some retail investors and/or small to average mining operations may start to sell...  but not Saylor/Graycale kind of guys obviously. All of the above is SOMA.  Grin

I'm not sure it does say that.  It was simply trying to show visually that the rate at which new coins were being mined was slowing rapidly and accordingly the relative impact of each halving was getting much much smaller.  Therefore the historic rise and fall following each halving was likely to smooth out over time.

The actual supply of coins is increasing every day, and it is from the total circulating supply that coins are traded, not simply the newly mined coins.  More likely the squeeze will come from the transition to long term holding of coins highlighted in the glassnode analysis posted a short while ago.  Assuming of course there is an increase in demand ...
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 07:43:48 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2021, 08:27:35 PM by sirazimuth
Merited by El duderino_ (15)

Ha! I just caught a wo bro commenting here (no names will be mentioned)

Its actually a good mix of intelligent and humorous comments. Sprinkled with the inevitable totally moronic babbling bible god swill. Why am I not surprised?
Regardless...Science is awesome.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 07:46:50 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

[edited out]

Otherwise, $100K-150K for no blow-off top, simply reaching the logarithmic growth upper band and reversing.

I don't really have any major problem with this kind of scenario ending up playing out because it is still very profitable for me, personally.

For most hodlers I imagine. Better than losing 50%+ of fiat value at least  Wink

Of course, some of the devil of relative price performance remains in the details, especially needing to account for time and sustainability of BTC price.  For sure, another aspect remains how much fiat is guaranteed to lose value whether that might be anywhere between 10% and 25% per year, depending on your ongoing consumption basket or to go with the seemingly overly conservative and misleading government projections that even admit supra 6% levels - so  long as we are substituting beyond meat for our real meat.. and fuck that shit.

Of course, not even UP is guaranteed in bitcoin, even though many of us would consider it as nearly a no brainer bet that might not work out in the short term, but seems to have almost invincible odds so long as our timeline is decently longer.. such as 4- 10 years or more and even then there just seem to be so many assymetrical aspects that could well even cause shorter term measuring of BTC outperforming fiat and other assets, so even for anyone who might have some reservations about investing into bitcoin, the smarter moves would seem to suggest that those risk averse folks should be merely allocating into bitcoin with smaller proportions rather than completely rejecting any kind of BTC exposure...so the question about how to go about your bitcoin future should be more a matter of how much rather than whether.

So, yeah a blow-off top would seem to justify expectations of greater extremes whether buying into such scenario or not, and for me, it just does not seem too likely that bitcoin would end up with such whimpy top that ends up in the $100k to $150k range, but hey, it's not any kind of tragedy if that's what were to end up playing out.

For sure, there are some folks who seem inclined to compare bitcoin to mature assets (and even seemingly wrongly concluding that BTC has become a mature asset), and therefore consider that the odds are quite great that our already passed exponential price rise of 6.5x to 7x was more than sufficient to constitute a blow off top, and surely many of us longer term bitcoiners just don't buy it.. Sure, some might suggest that we are engaging in wishful thinking based on our own hopes to benefit our portfolios, and I personally deny being biased by such considerations, and in that regard, I consider that the likelihood of our top already being in to be quite low..

and sure I feel that I am not even assigning super high odds to supra $220k prices (I had not outlined $150k as a cut-off point because I consider it to be in the middle of my $120k to $220k category), as can be seen from my last revised December 16 estimates in which I had only placed supra $220k prices for this cycle to be at around 29%.   I also even considered the top to be in at $69k to be around 45%... so it is not like I am even close to absolutist in my own attempts at assigning probabilities, even though sometimes I will argue about what seems to be a difference of 10% in the assignment of probabilities.. because going from 60% to 70% can sometimes come off as a pretty damned high difference in the level of confidence, depending on the question(s) being asked.

One of my problems with the considering of such scenario to be reasonable remains that it just does not seem to reflect bitcoin's history very well, and it does not even seem to fit very well into a kind of "smoothing of tops" kind of depiction of bitcoin as a maturing asset class... and maybe that ends up being part of the rub (the crux of it) that I have with these kinds of smoothing top depictions of bitcoin in that there seems to be some kind of built presumption that bitcoin is sufficiently maturing as an asset class in order to really meaningfully be considered in that kind of a way.. which I really have some difficulties accepting that as a very likely scenario

Personally I find it fits perfectly into the smoothing of tops adoption/maturation theory, based on Bitcoin's price history. That of declining highs based on % gain, increased volume, declining volatility, increased adoption, etc. I just stick to the current growth curve, no need to over-complicate things imo with any theoretical supply shock models or otherwise.

Whether you refer to it as over-complication or the failure/refusal to account for where we are likely at might be two different questions.

In other words, yeah there are a lot of people who find data to support their presumptions that bitcoin is maturing or that adoption has increased a lot in a variety of ways, so therefore bitcoin is becoming a lot MOAR BIGGER, and therefore is better to be considered within those kinds of presumed parameters.

Good luck with that.  I continue to believe that evidence remains way too lacking to support such presumptions that bitcoin is maturing in any kind of meaningful or significant way to justify that the tops and bottoms are going to smooth out.  Yeah, there are a lot of wet dreams in regards to BTC's upcoming stability, and sure, I am not denying that stability comes with a growing asset, but I will still assert that bitcoin remains way too small to have reached such level so people who are ongoingly making those kinds of presumptions are failing/refusing to appreciate the still existing exponential upside potential of our lillie fiend, aka king daddy, aka honey badger, aka corns.

But hey.. do what you want.. I give few shits about whether bitcoin is exponential or not, even though I hardly can see that it's adoption has yet reached any kind of significant/meaningful level to presume its cycles or outrageous moves to be disappearing any time soon.  I don't even care if I am wrong.. but I just don't see it.

Therefore for Q1 high would be around $150K, Q2 $175K or Q3 $200K. I'm never a fan of the "this year will be different theory", when for the past 10 years Bitcoin has formed and remained within a pretty clear-cut logarithmic adoption curve, until there's any evidence to suggest breaking a decade long trend. Depending on how you look at it, from peak to peak the growth declined considerably from ~35,000% to around 1,500%, so the % rise declined enoromously by 95%. So for example another decline of even just 50% would only be a rise of around 750%, which would put a top around the $175K mark.

Sounds too Kumbaya and civil to me, and does not seem to coincide with either being in a war or in the midst of the greatest wealth transfer in history.. which seems to be where we actually are, currently.

But, hey believe what you will in terms of your gradual risenings theories.

I am not even saying that we might not end up at $175k-ish/$200k-ish by 2nd or third quarter 2022..  and surely, I would consider the difference between those two numbers to largely be a rounding error, even if we were to throw $150k somewhere into that gradually kumbaya mixening of yours.

Also, it could end up playing out in a kind of gradual way as you outlined, but it seems like quite a minority scenario to actually end up playing out like that and without a decent amount of violence in the mix, too.

For sure we could see a wick above or below this curve, like in March 2020 when price went 50% below the lower band, but it would take a black-swan event for that to happen imo, as opposed to the usual up-trend that occurs. So I do see the argument and possibility for reaching some $250K level or higher, but it wouldn't be typical of Bitcoin's price movements based on it's entire history.

It's a little difficult to see what you are getting at here.. except that you are expecting mostly a gradual, and if there is a kind of upwards wick, it would ONLY end up taking us briefly to $250k, and at the same time that would be a bit of an aberration.

Surely, I will admit that is a nice looking set of squigglies that you got going on there, and with a decent amount of logic contained in the assumptions of both an ongoing narrowing range and a kind of lessening of the upward extreme of the slope.  For sure, it looks good.  Gotta give you that much.   Wink Wink  #nohomo   Tongue Tongue Tongue

Probably my main criticism would be the presumption that the upwards slope is flattening as much as you are depicting it to do or that it is inclined to do..so sure there would be some kind of wait and see aspect to your plotting out such specifics and then to find out if King Daddy ends up largely staying within the range that you had already plotted out, whether we are referring to this cycle or the adding of another 4-8 years onto such a plottening... of course, that plottening ONLY goes out to 2023... so in some sense by just considering how narrow it starts to get at that 2023 edge seems to beg for more criticism of it and likelihood that king daddy is not going to stay within your expected bounds.. hey we will see.. we will see.

Otherwise the target of $1 million sometime after Q3 2026 I find pretty realistic, as well the completion of adoption by 2030 at a $5 million BTC (where the upper and lower bands of the adoption curve cross over, and therefore the model becomes invalidated by default). With a $100 trillion market cap, it'd also be hard to argue that a $5 million Bitcoin price wouldn't make most fiat currencies redundant by then. 9 years from now also seems like a realistic time-frame personally, given how far Bitcoin has come in the past 10 years. This growth is also very similar to S2F, just with a little less pseudo-science Tongue

Oh?  I see your subsequent chart resolves the post 2023 questions - and really difficult to argue with what that second chart seems to depict.. which seems to be largely UPpity... so making me feel bad (not so much) about my earlier quibbling about your seeming to be too short-term whimpy.. hahahahaha

(even though I understand and appreciate that any kind of scenario could end up playing out, even a kind of $100k to $150k whimpy top scenario as does seem to be amongst your favorites, even if you are reluctant to admit it... hahahahahahaha     Tongue  Tongue Tongue Tongue).

It's not that it's my favourite scenario, but simply the most likely now there has been a clear enough trend of lows and highs established over 3 peaks and 3 lows. It's true I wouldn't be a fan of Bitcoin abandoning an adoption curve and forming a speculative marco-bubble (that so far hasn't happened fortunately), which only pops and leads to eventually returning to the adoption curve, taking maybe a decade or so to consolidate, even if entirely possible. As leaving this adoption curve to the upside would certainly open the doors to leaving it to the downside too.... meaning 10 years of adoption down the drain.

I realise the adoption curve might seem "whimpy" to you, because ultimately is typified by continuing to produce declining % gains, but personally I think a 750% rise from peak to peak is more than satisfactory, as well as a 20x within around 5 years, or even 100x within 10 years. I also think sustainable adoption will win the race faster than a speculative bubble that would likely take many years to recover from, not just the usual mini-boom and mini-bust that are nothing more than Bitcoin's bull markets and bear markets on smaller scales. The Tortoise and the Hare comes to mind here, that of slow and steady wins the race.

There are sometimes that you seem to get so much caught upon certain technicalities that I want to reach through my computer screen and slap you.  hahahahhaha

Just a fleeting thought.

Oh yeah.. and your seemingly relative obsessions (or at least emphasis) of the closing of candles.. is another technicality that causes quite a bit of rubbenings for me... but hey, I do understand that some peeps are profitably trading their lillie fiends based on those kinds of technical indicators.

Anyhow, your 3 peaks and 3 lows framing seems to contribute to your presumption that break outs are likely to become more mild and bitcoin has gone through a kind of taming, and hey all of a sudden you are proclaiming that if bitcoin crashes too much, then 10 years of hard adoption work goes down the drain, and it just becomes quite difficult to follow how you go from one extreme to another in terms of suggesting that unless we enter into a more of a smoothening, then bitcoin's crashening is going to lead to its demise, and hey not even I am suggesting that extreme down is going to end up coming to king daddy bitcoin unless we have some kind of exponential UPpity.  In other words, we already had two pretty damned significant corrections from our 6.5x to 7x exponential price rise, which largely seems to set us up for a coiling that could well end up in another exponential price rise.  How much of an exponential price rise is the $million question that might help to inform us regarding how much of a fall might be within the potential cards based on how fast or far the exponential rise comes (in the event that it does come).  So all I am saying is that it seems way too premature to be presuming that another exponential price rise is NOT in the near term (1-9 months) BTC price cards based on the facts that we have in front of us regarding bitcoin's so far price performance.   

So, in some sense, I am also accusing you to be getting ahead of yourself if you are going to already presume the top of the next price rise and then to suggest that the ONLY other scenario is that BTC prices correct from here which would be bad for bitcoin.... and I have quite a bit of difficulties even appreciating how there are any kind of high or meaningful strong indications that BTC would have any kind of severe price correction from here when we already had 56% and 39% in recent times.. so that seems like a bit of a fantasy view to me, and it seems that we are ONLY going to get into the realm where supra 70% corrections are even likely in the event that there is some kind of blow off top from here, which maybe 3x would be amongst the most whimpy of blow off tops, and likely 5x or more would be more within a realm to justify 70% or greater corrections.. and sure we could even get something like 20x to 30x from here for this cycle.. even though that really seems like an outlier but still within the realm of possible.

In other words, the next 1-9 months are critical... and I am having a lot of doubts that this particular cycle is probable to drag out beyond 9 months from now, even though I refuse to say never, and even my December 16 prognostication of timeline had allowed for a 4.5% probability of this cycle's peak after the 3rd quarter of 2022.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4167

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 07:47:21 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2021, 10:41:59 PM by AlcoHoDL

While your Bitcoin Emission Schedule visualization is a great idea in principle, your execution can be misleading in terms of amount of coins added in each 4-year Halving period, by extending the corresponding regions past their respective Halving periods.

I have modified your visualization, by making the colored region areas proportional to the coins mined in the corresponding Halving periods, resulting in the visualization shown below. The "diminishing returns over time" concept is still there (obviously), but it is now more accurately depicted, and hence not as dramatic as yours.

Yes,  see what you mean though the idea with the chart was to read it in vertical “slices” - at any date you could see what coins came from which epoch.

However I did another version posted above using a pie chart style that has the right proportions of yours and I hope captures the rapid slowing in production rate.

Yes, you're right, I thought about this afterwards, but on first viewing (of the top graph) my brain focused on the areas of the regions, which are not proportional to coins mined, and as they progress to the right, the earlier Halvings get much more additional (spurious) area that can give the impression that they over-dominate the coin pool. This is corrected in my modified version (bottom graph).

I really like these types of visualizations, because they greatly help in understanding and putting things in perspective -- something that often can't easily be achieved with raw numbers.

Edit: Corrected typo.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 08:01:27 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 08:50:30 PM

Luckily, I'm not addicted to crypto at all.

I might have a mild dependence on bitcoin, though...

Bro, what is life without bitcoin….

Wait... there IS LIFE without Bitcoin? Or life AFTER Bitcoin like in mindrust's case?  Grin

Life is definitely worse without bitcoin.

But is it 25% worse without 25% bitcoin?  Grin

Until I am seeing this idea of 25%, I had been continuing to assert that a 1% to 10% allocation into bitcoin in terms of what any of us might calculate to be our quasi-liquid investment portfolio would be more than sufficient to provide some kind of hedge against what seems to be going on regarding various dollar-based bubbles that are likely quite problematic in terms of the preservation of monetary wealth..... so yeah, normie newbies can start with an allocation of between 1% to 10% into bitcoin and then go from there in terms of their own particular financial and psychological circumstances to justify if they want to deviate outside of such initial recommendation allocation into BTC range.

And, now upon reflection, I am thinking that it is possible that I have not personally moved up with the times and adapted my recommendation sufficiently to the events of the past couple of years, and surely even in late 2014, I had already come up with a personal allocation authorization of 10%, and I even ended up going over my allocation to about 13.5%, and that was late 2014 and even into late 2015 that I allowed myself to overallocate that much into bitcoin....

So, hey, bitcoin does not really seem to be anything even close to as risky as it was in that timeframe of late 2014 to late 2015 when I was batting around ideas regarding what kinds of allocations might be acceptable for normies (which would be the 1-10% recommendation levels), and surely I did not consider myself as a complete normie, and I considered myself to be a wee bit more bullish on the topic of bitcoin due to ongoing studying of the bitcoin space for 1-2 years during that period of time....so in that regard, I had justified and authorized myself to go beyond my own authorization (of course, implicitly I had authorized myself to go beyond 10% through my own actions of investing 13.5%-ish) and the recommendations that I was then beginning to give to others.

So now that I see your iteration of 25%, I am thinking that on a personal level I do see the 25% to be a bit enticing in terms of how much might any normie might be justified to put at risk as compared to the potential rewards, and maybe many of us might start to be inclined to recommend such levels of something like up to 25% for normies, just to highlight the mainstreaming aspect of bitcoin as an investment vehicle.

Of course there have always been people who have come into this space and suggested that normies should be going "all in" bitcoin, and that has never really rested well for me, even though I never had any problems with guys going beyond my initial 1-10% allocations after they had gained some knowledge of the topic, and sure some people can become really bold in what they are doing, so presumably each of have discretion to figure out our own risk tolerances and attempt to hone our finances and psychology with such risk tolerance assessments.  

By the way, at various points prior to March 2020, I do recall mindrust asserting that he was well over 40% in bitcoin, and frequently I would tell him that he needed to be careful regarding how much he was allocating into bitcoin because sometimes he would show some of his tendencies towards getting worked up upon some of the BTC price drops, which only seemed to show that he had been overinvested both financially and psychologically, and surely based on his revelations of his March 2020 behaviors, I tend to suspect that he was even quite a bit more invested into bitcoin than the more than 40% that he had previously mentioned.... anyhow the point is that any of us has to be careful when we are allocating a lot into bitcoin and not really making sure that our various fiat expenses and cashflows are not sufficiently figured out.

After all of that rambling, I have just decided that from here on out, I am going to start to recommend 1% to 25% allocation for normie newbies into bitcoin.  Of course, they can figure out for their lil selfies where they might fall into the range or if they might feel that they are able to venture outside of the range, so the punchline is that sometimes there needs to be changes to recommendation and talking points based on changes in overall bitcoin dynamics (which may also include some macro-factors), and don't get me wrong.  I make a recommendation and I take absolutely no responsibility over individual choices to figure out their own finances, so don't come crying to me, you little whiney asses, if you have not figured out the sufficient psychological and financial level that is appropriate to you specifically in terms of where you might fall upon the 1% to 25% initial allocation spectrum that I am going to ongoingly start to recommend to normie newbies to bitcoin.  You heard it here first, you fucks....  special thanks to Phil_S..  #nohomo hahahahaha.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 09:01:36 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 09:34:58 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3), fillippone (3), Torque (1), aysg76 (1)

LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 9547

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 09:40:19 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1)

@bitharington
2021 was important for Bitcoin. All the famous Bitcoin influencers, the TA accounts, the on-chain accounts: Everybody was wrong, everybody was too bullish. 2021 showed how everybody is clueless. Long term Bitcoin goes up, and that's it. We're all equal. All we need more patience.
https://twitter.com/bitharington/status/1476183257549058051?s=21

@scottmelker
Trader schizophrenia is real.

The same people in my feed who were bullish at resistance a couple of days ago are posting endless bear porn now at support.

It's a great window into the psychology of humans and the reason that almost all traders fail.
https://twitter.com/scottmelker/status/1476194013082492937?s=21

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 09:45:12 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (5)

Sirazimuth, got
that laser thing going on…..
I like yer style dude
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 09:53:52 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2021, 03:04:54 AM by JayJuanGee

Start $                StartDate                 % gain /time          Time                         Price/BTC                #BTC
$0                        11/23/21                     6.00%                    182.6                   $50,000.00               0.00000000

DCA-$350/Wk                                                                             

Date                           $Value                        DCA-Add                    TotInvstd                Profits                 Price/BTC             #BTC
   5/24/22                    $9,646                           $9,646                       $9,100                   6.00%               $53,000                 0.18200000
   11/23/22                    $19,871                           $9,646                       $18,200            9.18%               $56,180                 0.35369811
   5/24/23                    $30,709                           $9,646                       $27,300            12.49%               $59,551                 0.51567747
   11/23/23                    $42,198                           $9,646                       $36,400            15.93%               $63,124                 0.66848817
   5/24/24                    $54,375                           $9,646                       $45,500            19.51%               $66,911                 0.81264922
   11/22/24                    $67,284                           $9,646                       $54,600            23.23%               $70,926                 0.94865021
   5/24/25                    $80,967                           $9,646                       $63,700            27.11%               $75,182                 1.07695303
   11/22/25                    $95,471                           $9,646                       $72,800            31.14%               $79,692                 1.19799342
   5/24/26                    $110,845                           $9,646                       $81,900            35.34%               $84,474                 1.31218247
   11/23/26                    $127,142                           $9,646                       $91,000            39.72%               $89,542                 1.41990799

5/24/27                    $144,416                           $9,646                       $100,100            44.27%               $94,915                 1.52153584

11/23/27                    $162,727                           $9,646                       $109,200            49.02%               $100,610                 1.61741117
   5/23/28                    $182,137                           $9,646                       $118,300            53.96%               $106,646                 1.70785960
   11/22/28                    $202,711                           $9,646                       $127,400            59.11%               $113,045                 1.79318830
   5/24/29                    $224,520                           $9,646                       $136,500            64.48%               $119,828                 1.87368707
   11/22/29                    $247,637                           $9,646                       $145,600            70.08%               $127,018                 1.94962932

yeah if I sell my share of  the business in 27

that extra 1.52 btc
along with the coin I earn and hodl
and the coin I get from selling the business
and the GOV pensions
and the wifes 401k

would mean f you status at the 'young' age of 70  Grin

For sure it is good to have a kind of outline of a plan that potentially projects out where you might be in terms of all of the different aspects of both BTC and fiat denominated assets... and sure there is likely some residential property ownership that is already in the mix there too (if I recall correctly), and surely whether bitcoin out performs the 12% annual expectations of the chart or underperforms, that could both affect how many additional BTC you are able to accumulate, but surely it should not necessarily be any kind of deal-breaker in either direction.. .absent a complete crashing of BTC, which is also a non-zero chance, but still many of us realize that the downside risks of BTC have been becoming more and more long-shot scenarios that should not really be part of our main planning (even though we should have some preparations in case such an Armagaedon scenario were to playout).  

Of course, I would think that if you have already accumulated a few BTC, then BTC over performance scenarios would be preferred to underperformance scenarios, even though you would end up getting fewer BTC in your years to come ongoing accumulations, the value of the BTC that you already have would gain in value higher than the marginal adding of the new BTC, and that seems to be part of the justification that so many of us prefer that the BTC prices go UP rather than DOWN, but of course, many of us are not even too much damaged by even short-term negative BTC prices, so long as the BTC prices ultimately end up going UPpity... whether that timeline is 4 years or even something like 5.5-ish that you seem to be tentatively outlining...

Another thing could be that you end up being able to pull your fuck you lever before May 2027, perhaps even a year or two before that.. no need to be too rigid if you are making preparations that might well allow for such.  There are outlier scenarios that could see bitcoin prices reach supra $1 million in this cycle or even up to $10 million in the next cycle, so I would imagine if any of those upside outlier scenarios were to play out, then you would be in a position to have more options to accelerate your entrance into f-u status.  

For sure, I am not really the kind of person who gives too many shits on a personal level if $1 million to $10 million BTC were to happen in this cycle or the next cycle, but it seems that sometimes there still are needs to at least consider that these kinds of outrageous happenings could end up playing out.. so in that regard, there would still be some needs to attempt to psychologically and financially prepare for such outrageousness if it were to play out... part of the justification for preparing for outrageous would be so that we would not panick either if the outrageous ended up happening or even some milder version of such outrageousness.

Bring the science, or fuck off.

You fuck off ur lil selfie.... #nohomo

hahahahahhaha

I could not resist.

Not everybody was too bullish.

Not our favorite characters: Smiley

VERY true, and where would we be without them?

You know who I think mostly was too bullish?  I think it was mostly the class of ~2017.  And particularly the millennials and under.  I remember a podcast where Matt O'Dell was lambasting "Bitcoin TINA" for being too bearish while TINA was saying something like, I see us making 6 figures in early to mid 2022.  O'dell was still chanting things like "100k by conference day" and also embarrasingly drunk.

Bitcoinners who have been around the block a time or two realize that bitcoin never does what WE expect in the short term. LOL.  And someone like Tina might have gotten in around then too, but has seen enough markets to realize that things often take more time than we think...

I actually want to find that recording and isolate the bit where Tina still has a chance of being right. Wink  

Nothin' against O'Dell.  He's a good guy, and I am impressed with his devotion to privacy.  Though I also think his ideas that regular bitcoinners will EVER be able to do the kinds of privacy preserving stuff he preaches even more sophomoric than "100k by conference day" even was.  That said, he is quietly being dragged (uncomfortably) into Monero along with the rest of the privacy focused maxis, which is delightful to see... (ok JJG go ahead)

You make some decent points outside of your shitcoin shilling..,and for sure one of the issues that any of the public figures are going to have will be to end up changing some of their views publicly, and also making bold statements and then being wrong.  Some of those guys doing podcasts are not very old, yet I am not going to claim that they are really taking away from the space in any kind of meaningful way when they are either publicly wrong or that they might sometimes put out some bad ideas.  Many of us are guilty of putting out some bad ideas, and it becomes more likely the more that we say.  Sure, I am not proclaiming to be clean of a variety of possible internal contradictions from time to time, and maybe even more frequently than I would wish.

Another likely related thing is the mere responsibility for our own thoughts and actions, and sure any of us could be lulled into actions that we have not sufficiently thought through for ourselves, and there have been times that I have been blamed (perhaps partially only) for some action that some member took, and that seems to be a bunch of bullshit when people need to attempt to sort through the good, bad and ugly information that sometimes comes through some of the posts in this thread and/or on this forum... and yeah, sometimes there might be humor, and it may or may not go over head of another, and there have been quite a few times that I felt that I needed to ask about whether something was a joke or not, and sometimes the meaning of certain ideas that were purportedly meant to be jokes.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 10:01:27 PM

Explanation
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 10:03:20 PM

BuT iNfLaTiOn Is OnLy 6%....

Ikea hoists prices by up to 50% and blames COVID
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/ikea-hoists-prices-blames-covid-172811789.html
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 10:16:33 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2021, 10:37:58 PM by d_eddie
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3), fillippone (3), dragonvslinux (1)

One little topical hopium salve for today?

Otherwise with price getting rejected by $48K as is currently the case it opens the door for $46K and lower. At least the end of the week is still to play for.
Am losing my mid-term bullish bias now that $49K support didn't hold and high volume selling has returned to the market though.
Long-term trend remains up but the short-term recovery was nothing more than a dead cat bounce for now.

I respect your TA work and cool headed approach, @dragonvslinux

So without posing as a TA guy (which I'm not - my SOMA engine stops as soon as I mention TA!), I would suggest we just wait out the mother of all options expiries on  Dec 31. I suspect there is an artificial additional load on price movements as it is now. On Monday, Jan 3 we can get back to our little discussion party and have fun without that huge smelly elephant pooping on us.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:01:28 PM

Explanation
ubg

Activity: 16
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:11:32 PM

BuT iNfLaTiOn Is OnLy 6%....

Ikea hoists prices by up to 50% and blames COVID
https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/ikea-hoists-prices-blames-covid-172811789.html
If Ikea furniture is up 50% then bitcoin should do atleast 5000% jump. I see no reason why it shouldn't.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15470

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2021, 11:26:28 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2023, 10:24:04 PM by fillippone
Merited by JayJuanGee (2), tertius993 (2), vapourminer (1)

I've been playing around with a good way to visualise this, and this is the best I have come up with so far, each band shows the percentage of the total supply issued in each epoch

The most powerful way to think is how much time to generate a bitcoin:
Genesis was 50 bitcoins every 10 minutes, or 1 bitcoin every 12 seconds.
Now we are at 6.25 bitcoins every 10 minutes, or 1 bitcoin every 1 minute and 36 seconds.
In epoch 18 it will be 1 bitcoin every 18 days.

Here is the full diagram:

Something I discussed here:
Equivalent Network Time

sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:31:38 PM

..... then bitcoin should do atleast 5000% jump. I see no reason why it shouldn't.

Depending on the timeline, it already has.... and then some.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 29, 2021, 11:33:42 PM

We’re 2 years in now & it still spreads like wild fire. It’s clear masks do very little by now.
People will be on their 4th jabs soon but we still have restrictions. I’ve been done with this bull shit for a long time now.

Do I have to roll out a post about babies not wearing diapers and shitting all over a nursery? Because I could....

Let's keep the CoVID shit-posts in other threads and off the WO please.

... go fuck yourself, now you want to shut down discussion of the psy-op known as CoVID? ... after bleating about masks, compliance and vax mandates?

... it's all falling apart now that CoVID caught a cold and all the statist apologists "don't want to talk about it now" ??
Pages: « 1 ... 29886 29887 29888 29889 29890 29891 29892 29893 29894 29895 29896 29897 29898 29899 29900 29901 29902 29903 29904 29905 29906 29907 29908 29909 29910 29911 29912 29913 29914 29915 29916 29917 29918 29919 29920 29921 29922 29923 29924 29925 29926 29927 29928 29929 29930 29931 29932 29933 29934 29935 [29936] 29937 29938 29939 29940 29941 29942 29943 29944 29945 29946 29947 29948 29949 29950 29951 29952 29953 29954 29955 29956 29957 29958 29959 29960 29961 29962 29963 29964 29965 29966 29967 29968 29969 29970 29971 29972 29973 29974 29975 29976 29977 29978 29979 29980 29981 29982 29983 29984 29985 29986 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: