May 10, 2024, 06:21:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 [8049] 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 ... 33337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:10:54 AM

This s--- is rigged, the inherent strangeness (not just simple volatility) scares of newcomers... how hard would it be to just stop all of the bulls---. The flash crashes, the super dumpers, the malfunctioning exchanges, the sites not having a supply of Bitcoins to sell, etc., etc., etc.

Like let's just cut it out for a while. Thanks.

You are taking all of the fun out of it.  Grin

Sorry, my thought is just that there is absolutely no explanation for this, but some newcomer will be spastic and try to make a move now, probably the single worst time to make a move is in the middle of an event, and manage to lose money.

People who've lasted a few rounds realize this sort of bulls--- happens once every week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abercrombie
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:11:06 AM

btc-e trollbox

__________: I calculated they made $68,400 in fees last 2 hours for all coins
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:11:25 AM

This s--- is rigged, the inherent strangeness (not just simple volatility) scares of newcomers... how hard would it be to just stop all of the bulls---. The flash crashes, the super dumpers, the malfunctioning exchanges, the sites not having a supply of Bitcoins to sell, etc., etc., etc.

Like let's just cut it out for a while. Thanks.

I'm not sure if the exchange is malfunctioning. If you figured out the algorithm a trade-bot uses and it has a weakness you can basically farm it dry

[edit] just to clarify this
You basically induce buying/selling of the bot while trying not to move the price too much or else the trade rules that particular bot uses might change. At least that is how I would go about it if I found a repeatable pattern that a bot follows which is profitable.

Cool!
lay785

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:13:30 AM

Dear Robot Santa,

Do not turn off, now that you are moving up instead of down, until you reach $1,000,000... preferably that time will come tonight. I promise to be a good boy for the rest of the year and leave you cookies and milk

=D

Joke.

Lmfao , made my day Smiley
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:16:06 AM

Ho, ho, ho! It's time to get jolly on your naughty asses!
Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:16:16 AM

Fucking bots at BTC-E, the hell is going on?  more volume in the past few hours than during the flash crash lmao
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:19:11 AM

Obviously Fallling is a bit of a dick but the guy is honestly right more than any of you bulls are. Fallling why exactly do you troll so much and hate bitcoin is it because you honestly see no need for it? I finally made an account on here out of frustration because I guess I'm a "weak-hand". I buy 5 BTC a week ago because all the experts on here tell me we should start seeing some upward pressure but all I've seen is my money down the toilet and don't expect to see any actual gains any time soon. My knowledge of trading is very elementary but it appears most people's views on here are pretty out of touch with reality. Anytime you say "Cheap coins!?" because the price is dropping and then a week later it drops some more..well you messed up there didn't you because ya could have gotten them a tad bit cheaper.
There are basically to ways to invest:
1) Buy when there is blood - you may catch a falling knife though
2) Buy in a rally (in the beginning, you should be able to tell when it is worth getting in) - you may get in late

Usually if you respect your fiat you choose 2)
If you invest what you can afford to lose you go with 1)

Don't accuse the 'experts' bro..

Well, good thing you sold then.. b/c it sounds as if you do NOT know what you are doing.. and you do NOT have sufficient patience for BTC investing... also, it seems that you are incapable of taking responsibility over your own decision making b/c you are whining about the movement of the market.. and blaming people in this forum.

I made a hefty penny off the last big rally in May. If I had kept my btc I would have lost any gains whatsoever by now.

Your ruining all of your talking points by sending like three responses in a row about my original setiment where everything i said was true. I take 1000% responsibilty for any loss i incured this week and it was nowhere near an amount that i couldnt afford to lose. You sound waaay to butthurt. I didnt insult you or call you a whiner in anyway but if you wanna be a dick be my guest.

I did NOT mean to call you anything, and I am merely describing your tone and the content of your message as whining.  I did NOT mean to call you a whiner yet, but I will call you a whiner if you continue with a whiner tone.  At this point, it is to soon to determine if you are just whining or if you are a whiner.

My saying that you are acting like a whiner does NOT mean that I am butt hurt.  Why would I be butt hurt?  My portfolio is in the red, but I continue to buy more BTC. I do NOT see a problem with that or any reason to be butt hurt over it.

I am glad that you are saying that you take 1000% responsibility over your investment decisions, even though I got the impression that you were trying to blame someone else for whether your portfolio was in the red or the black.

Regarding my talking points, I was likely addressing different posts, so no worry about getting the feeling that I am focusing on your post, merely b/c your post left a lot of fodder for discussion.  Certainly, there may be some repetition in the posts that I made.  I don't deny that.

I am also glad that you are saying that you are NOT investing more than you can afford to lose b/c if you are comfortable with your investment, then it is likely that you will NOT become as stressed out if the investment is NOT performing up to expectations which can happen from time to time... especially with this thing called bitcoin (however, I do believe 99% of the alt currencies are more risky than bitcoin - especially in the longer run).

If you think that I am being a dick, then that is up to your own consideration. I actually think that I am being nice to you by attempting to give you the benefit of the doubt in various ways.  Surely I could present my ideas in a nicer way, but I am NOT purposefully attempting to put you down, merely b/c I referred to your tone as whiney.

The overall sentiment of the btc hodlers is that it doesnt matter how much you lose because in ten years youll easily be a millionare. You have a guy a few posts up saying he would enjoy a nice dip to $400.

I am of the belief that it would be erroneous to attempt to summarize the sentiment of BTC hodlers b/c there is going to be a considerable amount of variation in what they want and what they are willing to tolerate before they begin to panic.  It is true that some hodlers want the price to go down and some hodlers that downplay the importance of downward price movements, but each of us hodlers have different ways of expressing these kinds of concerns that cannot easily be summarized, at least in the way that you are attempting to accomplish such.  Maybe your tone comes off as whiney, b/c you seem to be judging others, and using language that appears to judge and/or denigrate others, and that kind of language is NOT really needed to make your points.  Yes, there can be frustration when the price moves in the opposite direction as what had been expected, and some BTC hodlers buy more and some just continue to hodl and some sell and attempt to buy in again at a lower price, as you mentioned. There seems to be little to NO need to second guess someone b/c s/he chose to hodl rather than to sell and to buy back in.. b/c sometimes people have been burned by those kinds of sell and buy back in strategies in the past and they do NOT want to take those chances.

If we are heading in that direction why in the world would you not sell and then buy back in. Please let me hang on the moon with you guys in 10 years though.

Well hodling and buying more as the price lowers (if it lowers) may be the best overall strategy when the BTC price seems to be below the trendline, but each of us will decide for himself what s/he wants to do.  I am glad that you seem inclined to hodl.... however, it sounds as if you have reservations about that decision.  In that regard, we have to be careful NOT to be overly harsh on ourselves after the market has moved b/c we cannot really be sure which direction the market is going to move.  I suppose that is why we watch this thread b/c we are trying to figure out various techniques to better predict the price direction of the market.. and even with various TA techniques and news watching techniques and manipulator watching techniques, a large majority of us still seem to have difficulties predicting the BTC price direction on a short-term basis.  I am continuously making prediction on the short term, and my batting average is probably NOT very great... but I just hope in the long term that something in the ballpark of the trendline plays out.. It need not be exact as long as it is in the ballpark of expectations... .. but at the same time, I am willing to lose it all b/c I have NOT put all of my eggs in this one basket (even though I am continuing to increase to increase the proportion of my total investment portfolio in the BTC direction).

shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

@theshmadz

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:19:53 AM

Fucking bots at BTC-E, the hell is going on?  more volume in the past few hours than during the flash crash lmao

Huge volume support at that level, it's almost like summer vacation is over and it's time to get back on the train..

Only happening at the one exchange though, very sketchy
Newbie1022

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:21:28 AM

Bad robot santa, bad!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:23:25 AM

Note to self: stay the f**k away from BTC-e.

What's that supposed to mean?  Stay away, why?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:25:32 AM

Note to self: stay the f**k away from BTC-e.

?? context plz

oh the extreme change in volume going on .. hmmm looks strange indeed/

its like barfing large amount of small order back and forth at a similar price

Well, if they are engaging in a GOX-type activity (either trading coins they do NOT have or having their own bots manipulate the prices)
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:27:13 AM

Anyone remember the bot on Gox that malfunctioned last year? Traders figured out how to manipulate it all night, pretty fun to watch. Not so much for its creator who lost thousands in trading fees.

I use an algo trader over at BTCe, no problems with the API. Just someone's spread bot gone haywire. Bad morning in the works for that guy.
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:34:05 AM

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:34:40 AM

lol
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:36:04 AM

So will everyone follow BTC-e , now that they have almost the highest volume?? I´m tired of the chinese anyway.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:38:09 AM

hi bulls!

btc-e will be the last exchange to fail, mark my words.

someone is cashing out his ltc position it seems.

420 next week.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:38:42 AM

Obviously Fallling is a bit of a dick but the guy is honestly right more than any of you bulls are. Fallling why exactly do you troll so much and hate bitcoin is it because you honestly see no need for it? I finally made an account on here out of frustration because I guess I'm a "weak-hand". I buy 5 BTC a week ago because all the experts on here tell me we should start seeing some upward pressure but all I've seen is my money down the toilet and don't expect to see any actual gains any time soon. My knowledge of trading is very elementary but it appears most people's views on here are pretty out of touch with reality. Anytime you say "Cheap coins!?" because the price is dropping and then a week later it drops some more..well you messed up there didn't you because ya could have gotten them a tad bit cheaper.

If you are relying upon general overall sentiments here in this thread and on this fourm, then you are likely going to be FUCKED!!!!

You should be figuring out how to buy within comfort levels that work for you. what is your risk tolerance what is your financial profile what is your timeline.. what are your other investments etc etc etc.  

So for example, if you had $2800 to invest in BTC - one or two weeks ago, then maybe you would invest half.. and then wait and then invest a little more if the price drops...  or figure out a way that was comfortable to you and to attempt to leverage against falling prices, in the event they were to occur.  

There are almost NO bulls here that suggest that they really know what the market is going to do on a short term basis.  

I am considered a bull, and I have been investing since November 2013.. when prices were at $1200.  Currently, my average price per BTC in is about $607 per BTC.  Yet I am NOT worried b/c I did NOT over invest from my total investment package and my personal goals.  So hopefully, you did NOT over invest when you bought the 5 BTC.

If you think  fallllling is so correct and you are already scared about BTC dropping somewhat, then you probably have over invested.  Fallling does NOT really know what the fuck he is talking about... him and a few others who are just spouting off about the downfall of BTC.

In an overall bear market, trolls like fallllling are going to be correct.. but that does NOT mean that they know what the fuck they are talking about.

Anyhow, you sound a bit like a whiner.. and hopefully, you can figure out something comfortable in order that you do NOT panic sell.. but ultimately, that is up to you... currently, I continue to buy and to hodl... as do many of us who are perceived as bullish about BTC.

guess you haven't read all my posts, i have point out too many problems bitcoin has right now,
you think i am always right because i have blind lucks? well, you are wrong and i am going to be right even more

some points of my posts
goxed
51% pool (easy came easy gone easy return)
crackers and governments and shit having 1200k coins(mtgox 200k, Ross Ulbricht 140k, crackers: 850k)
no new money
governments warning and banning
scam IPOs many including Ethereum and others
everyone is selling / spending
Dell / Expedia / Newegg / House dealer / etc are selling in real time
Winklevoss ETF will actually be shot down
GABI is already priced in
Dubai exchange won't create any thing new
etc..
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:39:33 AM

A big hidden ask wall has been selling on Bfx for 6 hours at 500.27.

It was nice of him not to just dump.  

"nice"    hahahahahaha..... They's too scared to just dump BTCs.. that is why they's be creating these invisible walls.   Cheesy Cheesy Wink

time to kiss $500 goodbye

Yeah... let's kiss $500 goodbye for the next half hour...   bye, bye $500...  Kiss   Kiss   Kiss

See you in half an hour.    Cheesy    Tongue

half an hour huh? good luck to "TALK UP BTC"
falllling

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:46:04 AM

correct, they are just some bull scammers who are always fooling you to buy (TALK UP THE BTC) their bags so they can sell higher

just like what early adopters always trying to do in the ponzi scheme, promote to make new affiliates
SFHere

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 09:47:13 AM

thread pool both and win everytime   Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 7999 8000 8001 8002 8003 8004 8005 8006 8007 8008 8009 8010 8011 8012 8013 8014 8015 8016 8017 8018 8019 8020 8021 8022 8023 8024 8025 8026 8027 8028 8029 8030 8031 8032 8033 8034 8035 8036 8037 8038 8039 8040 8041 8042 8043 8044 8045 8046 8047 8048 [8049] 8050 8051 8052 8053 8054 8055 8056 8057 8058 8059 8060 8061 8062 8063 8064 8065 8066 8067 8068 8069 8070 8071 8072 8073 8074 8075 8076 8077 8078 8079 8080 8081 8082 8083 8084 8085 8086 8087 8088 8089 8090 8091 8092 8093 8094 8095 8096 8097 8098 8099 ... 33337 »
  Print  

Jump to: