Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:40:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 456 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ICONOMI - Live for today. Invest for tomorrow.  (Read 583505 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
calvinstm

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:09:32 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 02:23:17 AM by calvinstm

So I've decided to share my reasons for being extremely happy with the announcement today:

A Dummies Guide To Implications of Today's Announcement

1. Imagine this: For the next 100 years, a portion of Iconomi's revenue will be directly and continually INJECTED into the ICN Market.  It means that ICN is pretty much the first cryptocurrency in the market with a guaranteed value -- The guaranteed value is equivalent to the portion of profit being injected into the ICN Market through the buyback program, and is proportional to the Iconomi's Revenue.  To put it simply, assume the total revenue of Iconomi platform in the next 10 years is 1 billion USD, and 10% of that is put into the buyback program, it means ICN will have a guaranteed Market Cap of $100,000,000 USD (sky is really the limit here).

2. ICN will be the very first malicious-dumper-proofed and FUD-proofed Cryptocurrency in existence.  Don't forget that a portion of Iconomi's revenue will be continually injected into the ICN market.  So any ICN priced lower than the fair valuation will automatically be removed from the market, to every investor's advantage.

A very simple example: If someone owns 10% of Amazon shares, what's preventing this individual from dumping the shares all at once and buy back at a much lower price?  The answer is Amazon's $5 billion USD stocks backbuy initiative.  As soon as the stock price drops below its fair valuation, it will get scooped up in anticipation of a future stock buyback.

3.  Not only that Iconomi's revenue will be continually injected into ICN market, ICN will also be removed from the market at a constant rate to make ICN more and more scarce.  So the 2 things combined will make ICN extremely valuable - A portion of profit being injected into ICN market on a weekly basis, Removal of ICN tokens from market to make it more scarce, which translates into the following: ICN will continue to be bought back until 1) All the ICNs are gone from the market, 2) Each ICN is worth $1000 dollars (or more).

4. ICN is truly the first crypto that rewards an investor for holding it long-term:  ICN's market cap is guaranteed to grow larger as time goes by.  An investor of ICN is guaranteed of the following: the longer you hold, the more valuable your holding will become - because your holding's value is always proportional to Iconomi's revenue and portion of profit injected into the market.  Can any other Crypto make this kind of guarantee?  Grin

My take on today's announcement is this: ICN will have a guaranteed market cap equivalent to the portion of profit being injected into the market.  It doesn't matter whether someone wants to maliciously push the price lower, or whether there is any demand, ICN's price and market cap will always bounce back to its fair valuation, and it's guaranteed!!!!

PS: I just wanna thank Jani and Team for taking this initiative.  You guys really have the investors' best interest in mind.  And I'm very happy to be part of Iconomi!  Grin
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
calvinstm

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:29:43 AM

Plus...

NO MORE FUD ABOUT UNREGULATED DIVIDEND-PAYING INVESTMENTS = HERE COMES AMERICAN INVESTORS (POLONIEX) BUYING INTO THE ICONOMI SYSTEM !!!

YOU...BET...YOUR...ASS...I...AM...HODLING !!!

Funny I was just thinking the same thing!!  Grin Congratulation, Mal. Like you, I didn't sell any of my ICN when the FUD group drove the price lower.  WE won big time~!.. Hahahaha..
magc16

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:33:01 AM

Burning ICNs may turn out better than Dividend payments.  However, there's this irritating feeling in the back of my mind.  ICONOMI team should have at least had a public debate on this issue with ICN holders.  This is a big change from what everyone was led to believe.  

So is this going to be a permanent way to indirectly increase ICN value?  Any more shocking changes to the original ICO terms?

Anyway, I'm a killer whale status ICN holder, enough to wipe out buy order book on Kraken completely.  Not that I'm going to anytime soon. Smiley
calvinstm

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:34:28 AM

Thank you, Jani, Tim, and rest of team members.  You guys really have the investors' best interests at heart.  You have my utmost appreciation!  Grin Cheesy

So I've decided to share my reasons for being extremely happy with the announcement today:

1. Imagine this: For the next 100 years, a portion of Iconomi's revenue will be directly and continually INJECTED into the ICN Market.  It means that ICN is pretty much the first cryptocurrency in the market with a guaranteed value -- The guaranteed value is equivalent to the portion of profit being injected into the ICN Market through the buyback program, and is proportional to the Iconomi's Revenue.  To put it simply, assume the total revenue of Iconomi platform in the next 10 years is 1 billion USD, and 10% of that is put into the buyback program, it means ICN will have a guaranteed Market Cap of $100,000,000 USD (sky is really the limit here).

2. ICN will be the very first malicious-dumper-proofed and FUD-proofed Cryptocurrency in existence.  Don't forget that a portion of Iconomi's revenue will be continually injected into the ICN market.  So any ICN priced lower than the fair valuation will automatically be removed from the market, to every investor's advantage.

A very simple example: If someone owns 10% of Amazon shares, what's preventing this individual from dumping the shares all at once and buy back at a much lower price?  The answer is Amazon's $5 billion USD stocks backbuy initiative.  As soon as the stock price drops below its fair valuation, it will get scooped up in anticipation of a future stock buyback.

3.  Not only that Iconomi's revenue will be continually injected into ICN market, ICN will also be removed from the market at a constant rate to make ICN more and more scarce.  So the 2 things combined will make ICN extremely valuable - A portion of profit being injected into ICN market on a weekly basis, Removal of ICN tokens from market to make it more scarce, which translates into the following: ICN will continue to be bought back until 1) All the ICNs are gone from the market, 2) Each ICN is worth $1000 dollars (or more).

4. ICN is truly the first crypto that rewards an investor for holding it long-term:  ICN's market cap is guaranteed to grow larger as time goes by.  An investor of ICN is guaranteed of the following: the longer you hold, the more valuable your holding will become - because your holding's value is always proportional to Iconomi's revenue and portion of profit injected into the market.  Can any other Crypto make this kind of guarantee?  Grin

My take on today's announcement is this: ICN will have a guaranteed market cap equivalent to the portion of profit being injected into the market.  It doesn't matter whether someone wants to maliciously push the price lower, or whether there is any demand, ICN's price and market cap will always bounce back to its fair valuation, and it's guaranteed!!!!

PS: I just wanna thank Jani and Team for taking this initiative.  You guys really have the investors' best interest in mind.  And I'm very happy to be part of Iconomi!  Grin

calvinstm

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:40:35 AM

Anyway, I'm a killer whale status ICN holder, enough to wipe out buy order book on Kraken completely.  Not that I'm going to anytime soon. Smiley

Are you one of the ICO investors or been purchasing from the market?  Is there a list that shows individual ICO holdings?

Actually, I think the truth is that ICN makes dumping extremely good and profitable for every investor (except the dumper himself).  So I'd definitely encourage dumping.. Help spread the wealth and all, you know?  Wink
Mr.Pro

Activity: 644
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:54:45 AM

No more dividends??? This is bad. Buying on the market to burn instead of giving us the dividends to do as we pleased seems to be a bad plan, and benefit traders more than holders. Traders can buy on a dip and sell for a profit.

So if we holders have to sell some share instead of dividend, we lose those shares. Before this plan, we would hold our shares and get dividends.

Do you know that this way is beneficial cos no more legal process and this will also reward bag holders who are in this venture till the end.
DeadlyEskimo

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 02:56:37 AM

A friendly reminder that iconomifunds.com is a great place to list your planned Iconomi Fund before launch to gain support! 5 funds (7 if you include ICNP & X) are listed so far with one over 1k views. Even after OPFM launch this can be a great place to update your fund followers on progress and changes

As a side note, I have a quite a few Facebook pages I run, Iconomi Funds is one of them. There is only one page that has received 30+ new likes in the past few days mostly from a specific country. India. The rise in India internet use, mobile banking, ecommerce sales and contracting cash supply may create a wonderful boon for the crypto space, but mainly ICN due to its reach with ICN and ICNP.

Great job, DeadlyEskimo!  Just want to thank you for taking the initiative and setting up this wonderful site for the community.  Wink  Pretty sure it'll become the go-to place for fund research once the platform has been launched.  Smiley  I just hope either the dev or Darpaski can add your site to the first post, so it will become known to the community members.

A small request to Darpaski:

Do you think it would be possible for you to modify the first post of this thread, and move the information from the old thread to this post?  Smiley  It will be great if you can add an "Iconomi Resources" section also (and add Iconomifunds.com, Iconomi's Slack channel, and Iconomi.News.. etc to the section)..

I think it will really help introduce Iconomi to the newcomers if you can modify the first post of this thread. Thanks!  Grin

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words. I agree with an update to the OP, even a copy paste is better atleast so new people know they are on the correct thread.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:20:41 AM

Plus...

NO MORE FUD ABOUT UNREGULATED DIVIDEND-PAYING INVESTMENTS = HERE COMES AMERICAN INVESTORS (POLONIEX) BUYING INTO THE ICONOMI SYSTEM !!!

YOU...BET...YOUR...ASS...I...AM...HODLING !!!

Funny I was just thinking the same thing!!  Grin Congratulation, Mal. Like you, I didn't sell any of my ICN when the FUD group drove the price lower.  WE won big time~!.. Hahahaha..

yes probably it is an important reason to attract financial investors...
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:23:38 AM

I wonder what would be the price after 90 days hehe
magc16

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:31:38 AM

Are you one of the ICO investors or been purchasing from the market?  Is there a list that shows individual ICO holdings?

Actually, I think the truth is that ICN makes dumping extremely good and profitable for every investor (except the dumper himself).  So I'd definitely encourage dumping.. Help spread the wealth and all, you know?  Wink

I invested in the original ICO.  I also have a 2nd wallet, which contains buys from Kraken.  I picked up a lot more below ICO price at around 0.000159 BTC.  I haven't sold any yet and I don't expect to for a while.
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:41:28 AM

Excellent post. Hats off to you good sir.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 04:52:28 AM

at which price does the team buy and which exchange?
is it possible to set my sell price to higher than the market price and team can pick my sell order? :d

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Enjorlas

Activity: 788
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:01:33 AM

at which price does the team buy and which exchange?
is it possible to set my sell price to higher than the market price and team can pick my sell order? :d

All we know about the details is what was published on Medium today:

The Q2 2017 repayment programme will be performed in a predetermined manner as follows:

1. 1,000 ETH will be used to purchase ICN in a 90 day period starting from 1st of April 2017.

2. Purchases will be made on a weekly basis.

3. All token repurchases will be performed on open markets.

4. ICN tokens will be repurchased at a price that does not exceed the highest independent bid or the last quoted transaction price. This should not inflate the market price and rather serves as a price support.

5. Purchase volume should never reach more than 20% of total ICN volume traded in the last 24 hours.

6. Every purchased token is burned — removed from the outstanding balance of ICN tokens.

7. ICONOMI will disclose its ICN purchases i.e. total number of tokens purchased and the average price paid per token in a quarterly report for Q2 2017.
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:19:40 AM

I think ICONOMI team need to be sued for this change of terms, what they sold to investors was that dividends will be given to investors so now they decided to change the terms. Why can't they burn there own tokens they are hold. The tokens in circulation can't be more than 100 million and with time will know some will be lost due to mistakes so coming of up buying and burning tokens is very wrong.
Do they just wake up and come up  with this decision or do they engage the community? This is not what I bought into and a change or terms now is really disturbing
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:27:29 AM

I think ICONOMI team need to be sued for this change of terms, what they sold to investors was that dividends will be given to investors so now they decided to change the terms. Why can't they burn there own tokens they are hold. The tokens in circulation can't be more than 100 million and with time will know some will be lost due to mistakes so coming of up buying and burning tokens is very wrong.
Do they just wake up and come up  with this decision or do they engage the community? This is not what I bought into and a change or terms now is really disturbing

Stop whining like a baby. Did you ever signed a contract about you having dividends?
If no fuck off
You are free to dump your token and leave if it doesnt fit your criteria.
kalpit

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:32:30 AM

No more dividends??? This is bad. Buying on the market to burn instead of giving us the dividends to do as we pleased seems to be a bad plan, and benefit traders more than holders.

I think it opposite way.
With this new plan , it benefits holders more than traders.

With the Dividends mechanism, we would see lots of pumps and dumps before and after dividends distribution , which can be very beneficial for experienced day/swing traders.

With current mechanism, there wouldn't be any large pump dumps. Instead value of  ICN rises slowly each week, which will benefit holders.
cryptobart

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:36:02 AM

BRAVO !!! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

ICONOMI — Fund Management Platform ❘|❘ DISCUSSION
xtyling

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

Crypto is Life!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:38:18 AM

Prce is staying strong at around 0.50

We just stabilized at a new price i think
rgornik

Activity: 532
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:45:06 AM

Then the hole dividend thing that was the strongest selling point just got down the toilet.

I never imagined that I would agree with you but I agree here together with you. I dont wanna spread any FUD, I am hodling my ICNs!

Would it be economical to eventually cash out your ICN back to ETH, and then put everything onto the platform? Correct me if I am wrong, but you could essentially cash out 10X your initial investment, toss it onto the iconomi platform, and just bank off of those returns.

As I recall as well, the returns were something like 20% per month, in that ballpark, so lets say you take your $10,000 dollars you made from cashing out ICN, toss onto the platform, and every month receive about $2,000 in returns. That is better than any dividends.

You have a good point here for the future strategy

XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:49:05 AM

No more dividends??? This is bad.***

Very bad for exchange owners they won't get dividends and ETH owners becouse we won't buy ETH to send dividends...!!
You can now put sell order at 50k and wait till is filled... in week moth but it will be for sure Cheesy

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 456 »
  Print  

Jump to: