Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:21:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:42:06 PM

Is this os completely sustainable on its own?
Like I mean burn plug and mine?
I don't need to mess with the interface once the USB is setup?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 02:37:47 PM

Is this os completely sustainable on its own?
Like I mean burn plug and mine?
I don't need to mess with the interface once the USB is setup?

If you use one of the fully supported motherboards, currently:

ASRock H81 PRO BTC,  BIOSTAR TB85,  MSI Z270-A PRO (in stock)

then yes; it is essentially:

burn, configure oneBash (or replace the one on the usb with one you have already configured), plug and power on.

If you are using an untested motherboard; most likely all the cards will be recognized and mining will automatically start: however their may be slight differences which cause the xorg file to not properly enable OC on all the cards.  This may be hard to notice without directly connecting a monitor and inspecting the mining process.  If using an untested motherboard, you probably should connect a monitor and ensure everything is working as intended ~6 minutes after initial boot.  If you have a motherboard which doesn't properly enable OC on all the cards; tell me.  For any motherboard commonly used, I will get one myself and provide a fully supported image.   Smiley
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 05:55:28 AM

Can i use your OS for mixed GPU rig - RX480 and 1080ti ?
I would like to run both on Claymore ETH miner.
Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:58:02 PM

Thanks

You would have to install the AMDGPU-PRO driver first.  I haven't tried a mixed Nvidia / AMD on linux.

If you want to test it out yourself; download the Ubuntu 16.04 version here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-GPU-PRO-Linux-Beta-Driver%E2%80%93Release-Notes.aspx

open a standard terminal: press f12

follow AMD instructions for install.  I would follow this portion: as you don't need all the Ubuntu updates.

IMO a mixed Nvidia / AMD would never be as stable as a pure rig; but I have seen a lot of members post about mixed rigs.

I will install the AMDGPU-PRO myself and test a mixed Nvidia / AMD rig later; probably won't have time to try this out until next week.
kopija

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:58:54 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 07:41:21 AM by kopija

ello guvna,
i have been trying to compile tpruvots ccminer on kubuntu 16.04 to no avail
how did you compile it?
did you use cuda 7.5?
there are dozens of guides and each one is different from the other and results in different errors

also, i would like to give nvOC a test drive
do I need to configure anything in onebash before I boot it?

we are nothing but a smart contracts on a cosmic blockchain
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:40:30 AM

Thanks

You would have to install the AMDGPU-PRO driver first.  I haven't tried a mixed Nvidia / AMD on linux.

If you want to test it out yourself; download the Ubuntu 16.04 version here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-GPU-PRO-Linux-Beta-Driver%E2%80%93Release-Notes.aspx

open a standard terminal: press f12

follow AMD instructions for install.  I would follow this portion: as you don't need all the Ubuntu updates.

<snipped>

IMO a mixed Nvidia / AMD would never be as stable as a pure rig; but I have seen a lot of members post about mixed rigs.

I will install the AMDGPU-PRO myself and test a mixed Nvidia / AMD rig later; probably won't have time to try this out until next week.

that will be great and appreciate the efforts fullzero

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:22:39 PM

ello guvna,
i have been trying to compile tpruvots ccminer on kubuntu 16.04 to no avail
how did you compile it?
did you use cuda 7.5?
there are dozens of guides and each one is different from the other and results in different errors

I used cuda 8.0.  There are a lot of dependencies for ccminer, which you have to either know what they are and where to find and install them, or look each one up and install them.  You also have to add a few lines in some of the files to ensure that you are building for 6x card support / the coins you want to use are supported.  Dev's of the new branches could make an updated guide for compiling to make all of this easier.

also, i would like to give nvOC a test drive
do I need to configure anything in onebash before I boot it?

See the OP; I added an image of the default oneBash, also made a demo video.  

A lot of this may be obvious; but oneBash is an actual Bash Script so syntax must be upheld with changes.

oneBash defaults to:

mining ZEC

change: COIN="ZEC" to COIN="LBC" to mine LBRY or COIN="ETC" to mine ETC or COIN="DUAL_ETC_LBC" to mine dual ETC/LBRY ect...

using a powerlimit of 125 on all cards

note pl can be above TDP as well

change: POWERLIMIT="YES" to POWERLIMIT="NO" if you want to use stock TDP

If you want to change the powerlimit go to the area:

if [ $POWERLIMIT == "YES" ]
then
sleep 6
#change powerlimit by changing the number after -pl to the desired wattage
expect -c 'spawn sudo nvidia-smi -pl 125
expect "*password*:"
send "miner1\r" '
sleep 6
fi

and change the last number in this line to your desired powerlimit: expect -c 'spawn sudo nvidia-smi -pl 125 to expect -c 'spawn sudo nvidia-smi -pl 100
for a 100 watt powerlimit

change: INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO" to INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="YES" if you want to use the individual per card powerlimits

then go to the area below if [ $INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT == "YES" ] and find the line:

expect -c 'spawn sudo nvidia-smi -i 0 -pl 125
for the first card

expect -c 'spawn sudo nvidia-smi -i 1 -pl 125
for the second card

ect...

using a core overclock of 100 on all cards

using a memory overclock of 100 on all cards

change: INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO" to INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES" if you want to use the individual per card OC

Using auto fan speed

change: MANUAL_FAN="NO"  to MANUAL_FAN="YES" if you want to use manual fans, then change: FAN_SPEED=85 to the desired percent

ewbf donation percent of 0

and my workers / addresses / nanopool for us-east
(replace with your own for each coin you plan on mining)
ensure you don't remove the ""
for example if I was using;

t1RcrtTsgrTLarjjWfJDvRFY1pMEjWz96M3 for my ZEC address
zec-eu1.nanopool.org for my pool with port 6666
and worker1 as my worker name I would replace the default:

ZEC_WORKER="nvOC"
ZEC_ADDRESS="t1XfkZUZWME8FnRiFxHZQAQ2K1UdQMbshJp"
ZEC_POOL="zec-us-east1.nanopool.org"
ZEC_PORT="6666"

with:

ZEC_WORKER="worker1 "
ZEC_ADDRESS="t1RcrtTsgrTLarjjWfJDvRFY1pMEjWz96M3"
ZEC_POOL="zec-eu1.nanopool.org"
ZEC_PORT="6666"

kopija

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 06:44:48 PM

I feel somewhat bad that you took the trouble to answer in such lengthy fashion.
I did not formulate my question in the right way.
The fact is I do not want to use onebash functionality.
I want to use nvOC because its fully stocked with all that is needed to start mining.
I want to overclock and set power limits myself in the OS itself.
So, the question is, how do I  bypass Onebash and do stuff the oldfashioned way?

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:41:49 PM

I feel somewhat bad that you took the trouble to answer in such lengthy fashion.
I did not formulate my question in the right way.
The fact is I do not want to use onebash functionality.
I want to use nvOC because its fully stocked with all that is needed to start mining.
I want to overclock and set power limits myself in the OS itself.
So, the question is, how do I  bypass Onebash and do stuff the oldfashioned way?

With no changes; you can simply close the gnome terminal that auto launches on boot and then press f12 to open the Guake terminal and enter whatever cmds you wish.

You can replace the oneBash contents with whatever you want to do; it is a bash script set to launch on boot.

If you want oneBash to not autolaunch on boot you can either edit the bash script located in the home folder named: 2unix removing or commenting out the line that launches oneBash.

Alternatively you could change the gnome terminal default profile back to: Unnamed

Either of these would prevent any autolaunch on boot.

kopija

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:04:15 AM

Thanks, further questions incoming, no doubt.

dhan000

Activity: 419
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2017, 10:24:12 AM

How can i add musicoin and ZClassic.
How can I add any coin...
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 03:00:38 PM

How can i add musicoin and ZClassic.
How can I add any coin...

If a coin uses the same client/algo as another; then you can set oneBash to that coin and replace its address / pool:port / worker with the information for the desired coin.

I believe that Musicoin is Ethash and thus can be mined with Claymore.  You should be able to set oneBash to ETH , and set the ETH address / pool:port / worker to your Musicoin info.  If you tell me what pool you use for Musicoin; I will test this out for you tonight and post a oneBash with an additional MUSIC preset.

I believe that Zclassic is Equihash and thus can be mined with EWBF.  You should be able to set oneBash to ZEC, and set the ZEC address / pool / port / worker to your Zclassic info.  If you tell me what pool you use for Zclassic; I will test this out for you tonight and post a oneBash with an additional ZCL preset.
dhan000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 08:19:01 AM

musicoin pool  I am using here  http://213.154.202.174:3330/   This is mostly used http://nomnom.technology/#/

zclassic We are not digging yet zclassic for https://suprnova.cc/ available.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 04:52:15 PM

musicoin pool  I am using here  http://213.154.202.174:3330/   This is mostly used http://nomnom.technology/#/

here is a new oneBash with MUSIC and ZCL

I used MC POOL http://213.154.202.174:3330/ for the default MUSIC pool, as you said this is what you use.

I used zcl.coinmine.pl https://www2.coinmine.pl/zcl/index.php for the default ZCL pool, as it has good reviews.

dhan000

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 05:17:53 PM

here is a new oneBash with MUSIC and ZCL

I used MC POOL http://213.154.202.174:3330/ for the default MUSIC pool, as you said this is what you use.

I used zcl.coinmine.pl https://www2.coinmine.pl/zcl/index.php for the default ZCL pool, as it has good reviews.

Thank you...
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 01:58:25 AM

@fullzero I see you listed compatible mobo's in the OP.  The board in the rig I am about to put new GPU's in is an ASRock Anniversary.  Any ideas if that will be compatible with this image?  Also will the image fit on an 8gb usb drive?  Thanks.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 02:15:44 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 06:41:18 PM by fullzero

@fullzero I see you listed compatible mobo's in the OP.  The board in the rig I am about to put new GPU's in is an ASRock Anniversary.  Any ideas if that will be compatible with this image?  Also will the image fit on an 8gb usb drive?  Thanks.

Sorry has to be a 16GB; CUDA takes up a lot of space.  Cannot recommend this one enough: https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-JumpDrive-16GB-Flash-Drive/dp/B00S5V5PMY

use the ASRock H81 PRO BTC or BIOSTAR TB85 image 

with an ASRock Anniversary the first 5x slots will OC, you can easily add OC capability to the sixth if you have a dummy plug or second monitor.

to do so:

on first boot close mining process if open

Log out

Attach a second monitor or dummy plug to the GPU in the sixth slot.

open Ubuntu start button equivalent on top right.  

Type: n  

now you should see Nvidia X Server Settings

open Nvidia X Server Settings

select X server Display Configuration

look in the display area click each box that has a black boarder  (should only be the last screen) and change "configuration" to: New x screen)

click Save to X Configuration File

save xorg  ( ensure Merge with existing file is checked and the field contains: /etc/X11/xorg.conf )

Note: you may need to browse an existing xorg file; in order to enable selecting Merge with existing file

password is: miner1

quit Nvidia X Server Settings (you must actually quit)

close mining process if open

logout

login

now all 6x cards should OC

Also with this mobo I have found (with Nvidia cards) you can use ribbon risers for all but the second (16x primary gpu slot).  It must have a powered riser to ensure proper operation.  

Edit:
Now that HQ usb pcie 6 pin powered risers are available I recommend only using them.  Get them cheap from hawkfish007
machiavellious

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:07:08 AM

Have you tried disabling and then enabling the ethernet?

Yeah I tried this and a few others things, but to no avail.  I only have one of these 990fxa-ud3 so it's no big deal to use wifi.
I keep sayng I'm going to troubleshoot when the rig needs a reboot, but I've yet to need one; nvOC has truely been set it and forget it thusfar.
kopija

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 05:47:38 AM

Also with this mobo I have found (with Nvidia cards) you can use ribbon risers for all but the second (16x primary gpu slot).  It must have a powered riser to ensure proper operation.  

Are you saying that only x16 slot must have powered riser on Anniversary Asrock?
So x1 slots are providing more than 25W (as per PCIe specification) on that mobo?
Usually only x16 slots can be used without powered risers, as I understand.
Or I do not understand?

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:57:55 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 04:09:46 PM by fullzero

Are you saying that only x16 slot must have powered riser on Anniversary Asrock?
So x1 slots are providing more than 25W (as per PCIe specification) on that mobo?
Usually only x16 slots can be used without powered risers, as I understand.
Or I do not understand?

If you are using Nvidia 1000 series cards other than a 1050 (which gets all power from the slot) then, yes (with Asrock Anniversary) only the 16x slot needs a powered riser.  It is better to use a powered riser if you have them, or are getting parts for a new rig.

This does not mean that all the 1x slots are providing more than 25 watts.  Although I would have to actually measure this to know for sure.

The amd rx series cards pull excessive power from the slot; never use one without a HQ powered riser.  Nvidia 1000 series cards on the other hand don't have this problem.  Almost all of their power should come from the PCIe 6 or 8 pin connectors.  On a lot of my open rigs I use these 1x-to-16x ribbion risers combined with hawkfish007 powered USB risers (for the end cards to get maximum spacing).  The ribbon risers have a pcie power slot that can be used, but I don't use them.  I got these ribbon risers because they are solid performers and are very cost effective; this was before the newer pcie 6 pin powered risers were released.  

Now that HQ usb pcie 6 pin powered risers are available I recommend only using them.  Get them cheap from hawkfish007
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: