Bitcoin Forum
November 21, 2017, 09:25:25 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 287 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining v0019-1.4  (Read 327328 times)
TheCoinMine

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 01:46:07 PM

Alright so I'm sort of at a loss for this one. I have everything connected, psu mobo CPU and gpu. I turn it on and everything fires up. Connect it to monitor, and my monitor displays no signal. I have tried different cables, plugging monitor into mobo instead of card, using a different monitor, and nothing. However, when the motherboard is on, everything will run for about 10 seconds, then cut off for 2 seconds, then pick back up again. No idea why it isn't connecting to the monitor. Any help would be greatly appreaciates

Is the motherboard throwing out error codes?
What's your setup too

I can't even tell. When it is connected to the monitor, the monitor is not reading it. like the motherboard isn't sending a signal. I have tried 2 monitors and 3 different cables. Have also tried connecting to gpu, mobo, and mobo with gpu not connected.
Building a trio 2 1080ti and 1 1070 mini with GIGABYTE GA-Z270P-D3 mobo.

Does the motherboard boot without a gpu in it?
Does the CPU have intergraded graphics?
How big the power supply you have?

The motherboard will turn on but still not getting a signal on monitor from it.
CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maxximus007

Activity: 136

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:05:27 PM

Hi fullhero, I see that EWBF update to version 0.3.4b, do I need to reimage with the new nvOC version or I can update it directly in the OS? In addition I see that all MOBO now can use the same nvOC image v0015, right?

Thank you so much for your awesome work.
Yes just copy it and it works nicely (+0-2% faster). You might want to add --api 0.0.0.0:42000 to the miner string in oneBash, EWBF has a nice monitoring page now.
Maxximus007

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:07:00 PM

Alright so I'm sort of at a loss for this one. I have everything connected, psu mobo CPU and gpu. I turn it on and everything fires up. Connect it to monitor, and my monitor displays no signal. I have tried different cables, plugging monitor into mobo instead of card, using a different monitor, and nothing. However, when the motherboard is on, everything will run for about 10 seconds, then cut off for 2 seconds, then pick back up again. No idea why it isn't connecting to the monitor. Any help would be greatly appreaciates

What's your setup too

I can't even tell. When it is connected to the monitor, the monitor is not reading it. like the motherboard isn't sending a signal. I have tried 2 monitors and 3 different cables. Have also tried connecting to gpu, mobo, and mobo with gpu not connected.

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w
And you're sure your USB stick is burned correctly? USB booting is enabled?
ayke99

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:12:58 PM

What's your setup too

1.put your 1070 in pci 1 x16 port(the main port as it is in the manual,should start with mobo grafic ) plug in the monitor cable in
2. check the cpu cable from power supply to motherboard(not the atx) you need atx and another cable .
LTCbusiness

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:20:47 PM

Thank you for your information, do you mean that I can just download the new version and paste it to EWBF directory? Can you please let me know where does the EWBF file locate in nvOC? I tried to search but I can not find it.

Hi fullhero, I see that EWBF update to version 0.3.4b, do I need to reimage with the new nvOC version or I can update it directly in the OS? In addition I see that all MOBO now can use the same nvOC image v0015, right?

Thank you so much for your awesome work.
Yes just copy it and it works nicely (+0-2% faster). You might want to add --api 0.0.0.0:42000 to the miner string in oneBash, EWBF has a nice monitoring page now.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 1932

A new tool for prediction https://bitvol.info/

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 02:58:05 PM

I got this to work but I am mining for op with the stick

fine with sending some hash to him.

I need help to set my settings in.

I use ewbf_ 3.4b to mine at nice hash

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
xleejohnx

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:14:37 PM

Whatcha need help with Phil?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
gustavdp

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:25:19 PM

@Fullzero.

How do you start oneBash script. I see it automatically starts when you open a terminal.

Is there a specific reason it works like this? How plausible would it be for me to change it so that the bash file is called on startup through a cron or rc.local call? That way it can easily be converted to run in a screen and is not dependent on having a terminal window open. I can't get it working via SSH as your post describes here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19503300#msg19503300.

I know I linked it earlier, but something along these lines: http://www.cryptobadger.com/2017/04/build-ethereum-mining-rig-linux/

Please do not make any changes on my account. If you can just point me in the right direction on your current startup method I can figure it out.

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:29:15 PM

okay I figured out settings and I am at nicehash.

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&addr=1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

noVCphiltest1

have 2 questions now

1 ) how to I upgrade to ewbf_ 3.4b

2) looking to set  power lower  I have -pl at 100  so -pl 90 should drop power?

Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to : 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
I mine alt coins with https://simplemining.net I see BTC as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions.
xleejohnx

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:36:23 PM

https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=miners&addr=1JdC6Xg3ajT3rge3FgPNSYYFpmf53Vbtje

noVCphiltest1

have 2 questions now

2) looking to set  power lower  I have -pl at 100  so -pl 90 should drop power?

All you have to do is install ewbf to the same location as the one he has now and it'll pick it up and run it
Yes it will drop the power of all cards if you set it for all
What I would do is download it. Extract it to the desktop then copy and paste it into the same folder and name it the same then onebash will run it all the same also make a copy of the original file to be safe

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Maxximus007

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:49:39 PM

@Fullzero.

How do you start oneBash script. I see it automatically starts when you open a terminal.

Is there a specific reason it works like this? How plausible would it be for me to change it so that the bash file is called on startup through a cron or rc.local call? That way it can easily be converted to run in a screen and is not dependent on having a terminal window open. I can't get it working via SSH as your post describes here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19503300#msg19503300.

I know I linked it earlier, but something along these lines: http://www.cryptobadger.com/2017/04/build-ethereum-mining-rig-linux/

Please do not make any changes on my account. If you can just point me in the right direction on your current startup method I can figure it out.

You need the oneBash to set overclocking etc. So that's good when run automatically. You can remove the miner part like i've done, and replace the miner command at the end with top. That will run indefinately too.
Your cron job contains the miner, only start your miner script after you found that top is running (if pgrep top), that way you know all the OC commands are processed.
TheCoinMine

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 03:57:06 PM

What's your setup too

1.put your 1070 in pci 1 x16 port(the main port as it is in the manual,should start with mobo grafic ) plug in the monitor cable in
2. check the cpu cable from power supply to motherboard(not the atx) you need atx and another cable .

I will give that a try after work and let you know. Thanks for the tip
TheCoinMine

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:04:39 PM

What's your setup too

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w

It's burned correctly but idk how i would be able to enable USB booting if I can't do anything with the mobo since its not connecting to my display
xleejohnx

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:11:38 PM

What's your setup too

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w

It's burned correctly but idk how i would be able to enable USB booting if I can't do anything with the mobo since its not connecting to my display

It being a newer motherboard it wouldnt need to be set to USB boot
With it not even posting. I would have to say bad CPU or memory

philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:22:06 PM

noVCphiltest1

have 2 questions now

All you have to do is install ewbf to the same location as the one he has now and it'll pick it up and run it
What I would do is download it. Extract it to the desktop then copy and paste it into the same folder and name it the same then onebash will run it all the same also make a copy of the original file to be safe

I found the zec folder so I think  I can upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4

I do not seem to be setting the power limits correctly -pl  100 ,90, 80, 70, 65  and I pull 150 watts per card

xleejohnx

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:23:19 PM

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well that's just great. Just don't get why everything turns on and looks like its working and the display just wont connect.
[/quote]

Do you have another board or CPU or memory to test?

TheCoinMine

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:23:52 PM

What's your setup too

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w

Well that's just great. Just don't get why everything turns on and looks like its working and the display just wont connect.
xleejohnx

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:25:10 PM

noVCphiltest1

have 2 questions now

I found the zec folder so I think  I can upgrade from 3.3 to 3.4

I do not seem to be setting the power limits correctly -pl  100 ,90, 80, 70, 65  and I pull 150 watts per card

Are you going close to the bottom of the bash file to set the power limit?
You don't have to do it in the command line for the zec miner it'll be its own section for power limit settings

TheCoinMine

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:26:20 PM

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not currently. Back to the store i guess
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 15, 2017, 04:47:34 PM

CPU is intel Core i3-700
And PSU is 850w

Not currently. Back to the store i guess

Whenever there are weird problems with displaying; it is usually a problem with the bios not posting correctly due to a conflict in the system.

To best mitigate this:

Ensure the monitor is connected to the primary GPU ( the one in the 16x slot closest to the CPU )

Disconnect the USB or SSD/HHD from the rig.  

Fully power off everything: including the PSU.

Press the power button several times to clear any remaining power in the mobo.

Turn the PSU powerswitch back to | "on".

power on (without the USB attached)

See if the bios posts; if you get nothing in 20 seconds; press ctrl + alt + del repeatedly until the system reboots.  

Wait and see if the bios posts.

If the bios posts attach the USB key and press ctrl + alt + delete.

Let me know if this works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 287 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.