Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:08:27 PM

Have you tried disabling and then enabling the ethernet?

Yeah I tried this and a few others things, but to no avail.  I only have one of these 990fxa-ud3 so it's no big deal to use wifi.
I keep sayng I'm going to troubleshoot when the rig needs a reboot, but I've yet to need one; nvOC has truely been set it and forget it thusfar.

Linux is remarkably stable Grin
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dhan000

Activity: 419
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 09:43:30 PM

Which program you are printing the image file to.
Bios above memory 4g is enable when the system is not open from the USB freeze...
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 11:54:48 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 06:42:25 PM by fullzero

Bios above memory 4g is enable when the system is not open from the USB freeze...

I am not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking about imaging to a usb?  If so; this is the process, if not please elaborate.

Select the correct image for your motherboard ( there are currently 3 different images )

Download image ( actually a zip file with the image inside )

Extract zip to get the full image.

Attach a 16gb or larger usb key.

If you don't have an imaging program already download HDDRawCopy program

Use either program to image the extracted img file to the 16gb or larger usb

When it is done ( at 100% ) close HDDRawCopy and open the usb drive.  You should see oneBash; open it with wordpad or programming texteditor.

Modify oneBash with your settings / addresses (make a backup copy to your computer for later use).

Eject the usb, attach to rig.

Power on rig.
UR-Quan

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:08:52 PM

Greetings fullzero. I'm working on similar thing, but with textmode and netboot and I'm in the begining of the road (did an image with this guide and cannot log in to it, 'cause no users were exported)). Please tell
1. What where your base pendrive livecd image and modifying soft?
2. Why separate builds for different mobos?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 09:01:39 PM

Greetings fullzero. I'm working on similar thing, but with textmode and netboot and I'm in the begining of the road (did an image with this guide and cannot log in to it, 'cause no users were exported)). Please tell

Always good to learn more linux.    Smiley

1:
nvOC is not a live boot usb; it is a full install with manually edited partitions.  I didn't use software to make or modify it.  I originally installed Ubuntu 16.04 on an ssd; then modified the partitions. 

2:
For two reasons.  The first is that different chipsets (mainly H81 and Z270) will require some changes to some of the system files before a single install will work on all smoothly.  The other is; I need to write a program or script to dynamically generate the xorg file at boot before all motherboard pcie indexing will be properly recognized automatically.  Because I am using X ( having a GUI vs running in console mode ) this is more complicated than it would be if I wasn't using X. 

Mostly I have been too busy to fix these problems.  I have a list of changes I want to make, and another that members have requested.  I have been implementing the member requests before my own; as I have had time to.  Next on the list is to try installing the AMDPRO GPU driver and see how well amd and nvidia can work together in 16.04 for citronick; and adding FTC support for alexvachon66.  Sometimes I know implementing member request will be quick and I will just do it in the next block of free time that I have; as was the case with MUSIC and ZCL support: most of the time this is not the case.

xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:10:39 AM

1:
nvOC is not a live boot usb; it is a full install with manually edited partitions.  I didn't use software to make or modify it.  I originally installed Ubuntu 16.04 on an ssd; then modified the partitions. 

2:
For two reasons.  The first is that different chipsets (mainly H81 and Z270) will require some changes to some of the system files before a single install will work on all smoothly.  The other is; I need to write a program or script to dynamically generate the xorg file at boot before all motherboard pcie indexing will be properly recognized automatically.  Because I am using X ( having a GUI vs running in console mode ) this is more complicated than it would be if I wasn't using X. 

Mostly I have been too busy to fix these problems.  I have a list of changes I want to make, and another that members have requested.  I have been implementing the member requests before my own; as I have had time to.  Next on the list is to try installing the AMDPRO GPU driver and see how well amd and nvidia can work together in 16.04 for citronick; and adding FTC support for alexvachon66.  Sometimes I know implementing member request will be quick and I will just do it in the next block of free time that I have; as was the case with MUSIC and ZCL support: most of the time this is not the case.

when would a in house monitor page or app come into play with your os?
also how is the amdpro/nvidia side by side coming alone?
i would be interested in seeing this os run amd too

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:01:14 PM

1:

2:

I will start making a monitor / push app after testing amd and nvidia together and adding FTC.  Last night I installed the AMDPRO driver and confirmed my expectation that they will not outright work together under 16.04.  Should be a way to get them working together, might require specific drivers and modifying some system files.  It would be much easier to simply have one nvidia and one amd build, but that was not the request; so I will delve further into this tonight.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:59:12 PM

1:

2:

I will start making a monitor / push app after testing amd and nvidia together and adding FTC.  Last night I installed the AMDPRO driver and confirmed my expectation that they will not outright work together under 16.04.  Should be a way to get them working together, might require specific drivers and modifying some system files.  It would be much easier to simply have one nvidia and one amd build, but that was not the request; so I will delve further into this tonight.

Hi fullzero - appreciate your efforts in attempting  a unified build compatible for both platforms. Looks like its more challenging and taking more time. Like you said, perhaps one build each for NVIDIA and AMD, probably better idea - ie. AMD specific rig, vs NVIDIA specific rig. Thanks

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
xleejohnx

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:36:23 PM

1:

2:

probably after some heavy symbolic-linking and bootstrap-scripting, you could even recognize both cards as OpenCL devices from a single system.

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 10:55:27 PM

1:

2:

Hi fullzero - appreciate your efforts in attempting  a unified build compatible for both platforms. Looks like its more challenging and taking more time. Like you said, perhaps one build each for NVIDIA and AMD, probably better idea - ie. AMD specific rig, vs NVIDIA specific rig. Thanks

So there is an interoperability problem using both (the 378.13 Nvidia Driver and the AMDPRO GPU Driver) with X.  This could be resolved; but personally I'm not going to spend the time.  I have been testing with 1x 1050ti SC and 3x rx470 4gb

I was able to get both to work together in console mode:

I believe only Claymore Ethash offers simultaneous dual AMD / NVIDIA support, but I could be wrong.  Other than the situation where; one only has one rig and both AMD and Nvidia cards, I don't see the use case for this.

In the process of getting this to work; I made an image that will support AMD (without any OC or powerlimit) using oneBash (of course only Claymore selections will work from oneBash).  Personally I only use custom roms for AMD anyway.  I could build this out with more features, but I'm not going to focus on it right now.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 04:11:16 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 07:08:20 PM by fullzero

Just added some new coin selections to oneBash:

FTC  EXP  MUSIC  ZCL  DUAL_EXP_DCR   DUAL_EXP_PASC   DUAL_EXP_LBC   DUAL_MUSIC_DCR   DUAL_MUSIC_PASC   DUAL_MUSIC_LBC
dhan000

Activity: 419
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 08:49:12 AM

I am not sure I understand your question.  Are you asking about imaging to a usb?  If so; this is the process, if not please elaborate.

Select the correct image for your motherboard ( there are currently 3 different images )

Download image ( actually a zip file with the image inside )

Extract zip to get the full image.

Attach a 16gb or larger usb key.

If you don't have an imaging program already download either HDDRawCopy program or rufus program

Use either program to image the extracted img file to the 16gb or larger usb ( see this guide for an HDDRawCopy walkthru )

When it is done ( at 100% ) close HDDRawCopy and open the usb drive.  You should see oneBash; open it with wordpad or programming texteditor.

Modify oneBash with your settings / addresses (make a backup copy to your computer for later use).

Eject the usb, attach to rig.

Power on rig.

I do not know english
I use google translate.

I do as you say ...
But the machine is not opening ... freezes ...
There is amd card in the rig... I could not solve the problem.
noodlesthecat

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:16:12 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 06:08:44 PM by noodlesthecat

Yeah I tried this and a few others things, but to no avail.  I only have one of these 990fxa-ud3 so it's no big deal to use wifi.
I keep sayng I'm going to troubleshoot when the rig needs a reboot, but I've yet to need one; nvOC has truely been set it and forget it thusfar.

@machiavellious Which image did you use for that specific motherboard?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:09:15 PM

I do not know english
I use google translate.

I do as you say ...
But the machine is not opening ... freezes ...
There is amd card in the rig... I could not solve the problem.

You will have to remove the AMD card from the rig before it will work.  That is the problem; nvOC v0014 will not work with any AMD gpus.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:10:51 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2017, 06:45:21 PM by fullzero

Yeah I tried this and a few others things, but to no avail.  I only have one of these 990fxa-ud3 so it's no big deal to use wifi.

I can't know for sure which he used, but I would try this one:

ASRock H81 PRO BTC or BIOSTAR TB85

xleejohnx

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:12:27 PM

hey fullzero have you made a amd distro of your os yet?
id like to give it a try

noodlesthecat

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:13:31 PM

I can't know for sure which he used, but I would try this one:

for an ASRock H81 PRO BTC or BIOSTAR TB85 use this image

OK thanks
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:21:58 PM

id like to give it a try

I have had a lot of pm's about this.  The recent Windows 10 update seems to have caused problems for a lot of miners.  Many members have requested an amd version, so I will make one first; then make the monitor / push app after.

I could probably have something useable with power, clock, and fan adjustment settings by the end of next week; if you want to try the version I made yesterday with just the basic driver (NO power, clock, or fan adjustment settings) I can upload that one for you to try out tonight.
xleejohnx

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:30:46 PM

id like to give it a try

I have had a lot of pm's about this.  The recent Windows 10 update seems to have caused problems for a lot of miners.  Many members have requested an amd version, so I will make one first; then make the monitor / push app after.

I could probably have something useable with power, clock, and fan adjustment settings by the end of next week; if you want to try the version I made yesterday with just the basic driver (NO power, clock, or fan adjustment settings) I can upload that one for you to try out tonight.

i will test anything you throw at me
just pm me with anything you want me to test

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 01:04:28 AM

id like to give it a try

I have had a lot of pm's about this.  The recent Windows 10 update seems to have caused problems for a lot of miners.  Many members have requested an amd version, so I will make one first; then make the monitor / push app after.

i will test anything you throw at me
just pm me with anything you want me to test

Uploading image now, probably 2 hours before its done (upload is slow).

Notes on amdOC_Beta:

This build requires either a dummyplug or monitor to be attached to the primary gpu during boot.

This build is for USB keys only.  You can use any 16gb or larger usb; but I highly recommend using this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T61JM4E

supports these coin selections:

ZEC   ZCL   MUSIC   ETC   EXP   ETH   DCR   PASC
DUAL_ETC_DCR      DUAL_ETC_PASC      DUAL_ETC_LBC
DUAL_EXP_DCR      DUAL_EXP_PASC      DUAL_EXP_LBC
DUAL_ETH_DCR      DUAL_ETH_PASC      DUAL_ETH_LBC
DUAL_MUSIC_DCR  DUAL_MUSIC_PASC  DUAL_MUSIC_LBC

supports manual fan setting: NOTE speed is from 150 to 255

If you use MANUAL_FAN ensure that you set the speed to at least 150 or you may damage your cards

plusCPU is included.  Currently compiled for a G1840; can be easily compiled for another cpu by entering 2 commands into the guake terminal.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: