Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 09:01:34 AM

when ubuntu has the most users and many are familiar with it.
agree with you, but for another reason:
Lubuntu is just a variant of Ubuntu, it is the same OS, which uses LXDE desktop instead of Uniti Desktop in Ubuntu, and for mining purpose I don't think there will be noticeable difference

nvOc has been tested with ubuntu and working great and we all agree on "If its working, don't fix it"
Changing distro just for desktop environment is a waste of time, anyone can change to lxde (lubuntu-desktop) or any other desktops with some simple commands.

Code:
sudo apt install lubuntu-desktop
log out, choose lxde, log in.

As NameTaken mentioned a good point, most closed source miners are compiled for Ubuntu and moving to another distro even Lubuntu may cause problems in the long run.

Closed source miners are compiled for Ubuntu and running them in Arch will result in miss and/or wrong shared libraries.

nvOC slogan is "nvOC easy-to-use Linux" Linux gurus can play around and do whatever they like, and most of us do, it's the newbies and windows users we should be worried about.
Users got used to nvOC commands, desktop environment, ... let's not confuse them.

As I told Leenoox before, I'm willing to work with any one who wants to work on building a new branch of nvOC for more advance linux users on any other distro.

thaelin

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:08:50 AM

Hi Pampi:
   Some time ago, I ask how to time stamp WTM so I could set up a monitor on what was to be the best over all coin to be mining. I agree I have my choices of what I think is the best and will be biased by that. On the WTM coin list I chose ETH,ZEC,and BTG. That to me was the most profitable bunch to stay with. I agree that there are many others out there that will say different. That is why we are different. We see things in a different light. So be it.
   At the end of my little trial run, I have found that over all ETH is the best money maker out of the three I chose. So instead of having the WTM keep changing my miners for me, it seems to me that just having it mine ETH all the time, I will profit the best. I know some of y ou have voiced that you would like to see the results so here it is.

I have come to the conclusion that WTM is good for telling me when to sell what ever coin I am mining, but in over all, the spread sheet of what coin is the most mined is what I should stick with. That way, I am not switching miners all the time. Of course, that is just my simple feelings on it.

I said I would post my results and that is simply what this is. By all means go with your heart and mine the coins that appeal most to you. I am in it for the long run and willing to ride out the low points in what ever coin I chose for me.

Happy  mining and Pampi, your WTM tool is invaluable to me. Thanks so much for your contribution to this effort.

thaelin
NameTaken

Activity: 630
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:32:56 PM

when ubuntu has the most users and many are familiar with it.
agree with you, but for another reason:
Lubuntu is just a variant of Ubuntu, it is the same OS, which uses LXDE desktop instead of Uniti Desktop in Ubuntu, and for mining purpose I don't think there will be noticeable difference

nvOc has been tested with ubuntu and working great and we all agree on "If its working, don't fix it"
Changing distro just for desktop environment is a waste of time, anyone can change to lxde (lubuntu-desktop) or any other desktops with some simple commands.

Code:
sudo apt install lubuntu-desktop
log out, choose lxde, log in.

As NameTaken mentioned a good point, most closed source miners are compiled for Ubuntu and moving to another distro even Lubuntu may cause problems in the long run.

Closed source miners are compiled for Ubuntu and running them in Arch will result in miss and/or wrong shared libraries.

nvOC slogan is "nvOC easy-to-use Linux" Linux gurus can play around and do whatever they like, and most of us do, it's the newbies and windows users we should be worried about.
Users got used to nvOC commands, desktop environment, ... let's not confuse them.

As I told Leenoox before, I'm willing to work with any one who wants to work on building a new branch of nvOC for more advance linux users on any other distro.
I don't think Lubuntu would cause any incompatibility problems as system libraries underneath is still Ubuntu but I know using Arch or even Debian will.
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:33:30 PM

How to setup telegram for nvoc0019

First of all install Telegram, you can have it on almost all operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, ...
Open your telegram and send /newbot to @BotFather
To send message to @botfather, click the search (magnifying glass) and search for @botfather, when found click start and send message /newbot
It will ask for name, send your desired bot name EX.  Mining Rigs Info
Then it ask for a username for your bot , send your desired unique username EX. papampi_mining_nvoc0019
it will give you an HTTP API token EX.     HTTP API: 408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g
Put it in your 1bash  like this :
Code:
TELEGRAM_APIKEY="408504581:AAHen-E4peZrlVhJx-GlnADyiVDgGiR4O8g"
Now send /getid to @myidbot same search process for @botfather
Click start, then send /getid
It will give you a 8 digit number put it in 1bash :
Code:
 TELEGRAM_CHATID="97994065"
Click the Start in your new bot
Thats it.
You will get some info every 30 min. and alerts from watchdog
You can edit your telegram file and get more info
I will send my edited telegram for more info later today.

Man I cannot get this to work. Did exactly as above and tried to use the ./telegram cmd to test. But nothing comes through. I don't have to edit any other files in the OS right? It should work with my bot & ID?

My TELEGRAM_MESSAGES loads the following

m1@m1-desktop:~$ bash /home/m1/7telegram
Telegram Messages for nvOC v0019-2.0 - Community Release
Version: :v0019-2.0.001

New Telegram in 3600 seconds

Try this code right after line 146 (you have just modify your msg)
Code:
echo "Return code: " $?

See if that return code gives you some new info. A 0 value means ok.

Comes back with this, but I still don't get any messages? Do I need to do anything on the bot side to have this sent to the chat? I created the bot and started, found my user ID then pasted both into the 1bash file.

m1@m1-desktop:~$ bash /home/m1/7telegram
Telegram Messages for nvOC v0019-2.0 - Community Release
Version: :v0019-2.0.001

Return code:  0

New Telegram in 3600 seconds
./telegram

May I suggest you to follow the steps here: https://youtu.be/HS7Q1zH00bs and then test again?
Thx.

I tried that first thing, even switched my VPN to a bunch of different countries but non would play. Give's me this error - This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds

According to this, it's not allowed anywhere.. How are you watching it?

https://polsy.org.uk/stuff/ytrestrict.cgi?ytid=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHS7Q1zH00bs

EDIT: Got it working. I literally created a new bot / getupdate and it worked.. No clue why it didn't work the first three times.

Glad is working now ;-)
Thx for reporting about the bad link, here is a new one:
https://vimeo.com/252156920
Chieftec

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:08:26 PM

Good afternoon!

How in Linux to learn the manufacturer of memory for a video card?
I tried both i-nex and lspci -k | awk '/ VGA / {getline; print $ 2} '
It is issued like this:

NVIDIA Corporation GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB]
Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. [MSI]

Is there really a memory from Nvidia?
I hear it for the first time. Can anyone help?
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:21:43 PM

Good afternoon!

It is issued like this:

Unfortunately there is no tool under linux to determine the memory manufacturer. You have to use Gpu-z tool under windows to find the memory manufacturer

urnzwy

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:29:38 PM

I am having an issue with the rig going offline. All the GPU fans were running when I came in the morning, but the miner had stopped and team-viewer was offline so I couldn't access the rig (don't have a monitor attached).

Any idea what could be the cause and any idea's why watchdog didn't reboot the rig? I searched and found a similar issue on this forum but not exact. Said a driver update solved the issue. I am currently on 387.34 running PNY GTX 1070's, so I can either go up or back one.

GPU's set to 70*, fan speed of GPU 0 is always 10-15% higher than the others usually running @ 80%. Assuming because I have a headless ghost display emulator (as team-viewer loads with very poor resolution without it). I'd rather sacrifice 10-15 sol/s to be able to actually see everything when I remote in.  

Now that I have telegram setup, it messaged me this before the rig went offline -

Mon Jan 22 02:12:32 MST 2018 - Lost GPU so restarting system. Found GPU's:
Unable to determine the device handle for GPU 0000:0F:00.0: GPU is lost.  Reboot the system to recover this GPU

Mon Jan 22 02:12:32 MST 2018 - reboot in 10 seconds

It seems to run fine for 3-4 hours then will go offline, as it has happened twice now. I had turned on clear logs, but have turned it back off. The previous error I had was this that showed up in watchdog after a re-boot-

GPU Utilization is too low: restarting 3main...
mtx_demon

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 06:14:22 PM

I am getting this error always as well

Runs after 3 hours and this happen
If I turnof the watchdog miner seems to mine without anyproblem.
I just would like to use the watchdog to fix when the miner crashes and stuff
jintruder

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:33:48 PM

Good afternoon!

It is issued like this:

try to use "lshw"
gs777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:18:52 AM

Thats exactly what Leenoox says to use Lubuntu or some thing lighter.
But I think changing OS needs fullzero consent and its not our place to fully change his OS.

Ubuntu 18.04 is coming in less than 3 months
lets see how it works with gnome-desktop and new kernels, and hopefully fullzero will show up till then too.

nvOC boots in less than a minute and I dont see any reason to migrate from it and go for lubuntu or any thing else when ubuntu has the most users and many are familiar with it.

Only reducing the weight of the image for first. That will facilitate downloading and flashing. This reduced weight would permit smaller USB KEY too.

As was mentioned above by another contributor, a script that will be added to a normal version of ubuntu would be largely superficial. Not necessarily need to download a complete system as currently. It would suffice to say that it must install these scripts packages on ubuntu VIRGIN

For Fullzero, will we see him coming back one day?
Nothing is less sure.

I know we've already talked about all this, but the more time passes and the more difficult it is to continue without giving you access to you and other coders like Leenoox and Stubo or others I probably forget . You can not even edit the description of the thread and readers are forced to type in the entire thread to understand what is happening. Not really optimized all that.

I'm just a user, but I still read posts that say they downloaded version 19-1.4 instead of yours.

Ubuntu is heavyweight OS and it's desktop Unity is nothing but trouble. Even Ubuntu is abandoning Unity in its next release and are switching to Gnome which is even heavier (but more stable). I doubt we need a full featured desktop environment for mining purposes. Why carry all that heavy and resource hungry desktop environment when we don't really need it.

If we want to stay within the Ubuntu ecosystem my proposal was to switch to Lubuntu which is using LXDE desktop which is much lighter and less resource hungry than Ubuntu's Unity. But... Lubuntu is switching from LXDE to LXQT in the next release in few months which is even greater and doesn't make sense to build, apply tweaks and optimize it when in few months will change its core system.

We are stuck at crossroad with Ubuntu and its derivatives (Lubuntu) at the moment as major changes and new LTS versions are coming in 3 months time, not worth the effort to rebuild nvoc on a new base Ubuntu system now.

On the other hand, as my opinion is not very favorable towards any Ubuntu (or derivative) as being built for masses and thus introduce features that create overhead and inherit bugs we don't really need in mining OS (Bluetooth, printers, sound, media), I am leaning towards building linux from scratch by using Manjaro Architect (Arch linux based) or start with plain Arch linux and add only what we need in the mining world (latest kernel for greater hardwer support, light desktop, compilers, script support, php, Perl, etc.), which will shed all junk and bloatware that comes with Ubuntu and will be extremely light, responsive and easy on resources.

In my opinion this would be natural progression of nvoc as we will transfer everything from nvoc into a new base system with the added benefits of better hardware support (latest kernel), security (latest software updates), compatibility with new miners (CUDA 9.1), stability, less resources, etc. The beauty of Arch linux is the use of rolling system which means there are no new releases, there are no releases and end of life, the system is always the latest, you can take years old image and will bring itself up as if it was installed today with all latest software and packages.

In my opinion this will not steer away from fullzero's beliefs or nvoc's open source way but will help us keep nvoc up to date with bleeding edge hardware support and up to date softwate.

I am not saying that this will be easy or can happen overnight. There is a lot of work to custom build Arch linux, apply tweaks and adapt nvoc's scripts to the new ecosystem but once it's done we will have rock solid mining OS without any bloatware that will have very small image to download and could probably use only few gigs of space.

If there's enough interest and positive feedback on this, I could start working on it Wink

Man I love your idea!
And I think to the nvOC should be added some fee for guys working on this project at lest 0.001%.
Because you spend lots of time etc.
It has to pay off, me thinking
 Cool
arekayne

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:44:36 AM

bbswitch: No suitable _DSM call found.

anyone know why I would be getting this error message on repeat after boot?

Try an OS update, may solve the problem

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo apt autoclean -y && sudo apt autoremove -y && sudo reboot

thanks for the reply. I cant get to the terminal to update the os. Im also a ubuntu newb so bare with me pls. i can get to the grub command line and i can get to the tty1 login for which idk the username or pword.

any help?
keno1234

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:34:27 AM

Hi guys, I noticed Teamviewer makes my rigs unstable.

Can you please teach me how to use ssh outside my home network? Thanks.

leenoox

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 04:15:34 AM

Code:
sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade -y && sudo apt autoclean -y && sudo apt autoremove -y && sudo reboot

thanks for the reply. I cant get to the terminal to update the os. Im also a ubuntu newb so bare with me pls. i can get to the grub command line and i can get to the tty1 login for which idk the username or pword.

any help?

Disable the integrated on-board graphics (Intel gpu) in the bios of your motherboard. Connect the monitor to the GPU plugged into the first x16 slot (the long slot) closest to the CPU.

papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2018, 04:24:46 AM

Hi guys, I noticed Teamviewer makes my rigs unstable.

Can you please teach me how to use ssh outside my home network? Thanks.

Check nvOC-mining-os.com
https://nvoc-mining-os.com/2017/10/23/ssh-instructions/

urnzwy

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:47:30 AM

I am getting this error always as well

Runs after 3 hours and this happen
If I turnof the watchdog miner seems to mine without anyproblem.
I just would like to use the watchdog to fix when the miner crashes and stuff

Don't want to get my hopes up... But I lowered my overclock settings on my GPU's that were running hotter than the others. So all are clocked seperatly.

Been running for 10 hours now with no issues so far. Hope it stays that way!
infowire

Activity: 96

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:11:21 AM

like to know how to add multiple pools to the nvOC oneBash file for ETH ?
das0212

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:24:59 AM

Code:

any help?

user: m1
password: miner1
mtx_demon

Activity: 273
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 11:19:19 AM

WARNING: Tue Jan 23 03:13:42 PST 2018 - Problem found: See diagnostics below:
Percent of GPUs bellow threshold: 100 %
name, pstate, temperature.gpu, fan.speed [%], utilization.gpu [%], power.draw [W], power.limit [W]
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 44, 60 %, 0 %, 33.33 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 41, 60 %, 0 %, 33.02 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 44, 60 %, 0 %, 32.92 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 40, 60 %, 0 %, 32.93 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 37, 60 %, 0 %, 30.87 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 34, 60 %, 0 %, 32.46 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 39, 60 %, 0 %, 32.65 W, 170.00 W
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #4: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #6: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #1: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #3: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] ...retry after 10 seconds
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #0: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #5: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #2: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #4: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #6: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #1: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #3: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #0: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #5: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #2: waiting for data
CRITICAL: Tue Jan 23 03:13:42 PST 2018 - GPU Utilization is too low: restarting 3main...

I am still getting this issue all day on the miner. But happens in all miners in the same time. So should be something about the pool correct?
Overall in the whole day the average it's good doesn't seems to affect seems just the 3main it's getting restart and them the gpus are mining again.

Shoul I just ignore?
Is it something with yiimp pool?
Because before when I was mining I would noticed as well the miner would get disconnect from the stratum and them reconnect. Probably is something like this here correct?
I already played with all OC and I don't believe it's a OC issue because happens in 4 different miners and happens in the same time maybe 5 seconds difference for one
LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:48:04 PM

Finally, my first half rig is up and running, pretty easy to setup after all  Grin

6xASUS 1070 DUAL OC power target 100w core -100 vram 960 (+480) ethash @ 178-181 MH/s 670w at power socket, sounds good.

There are only two aspect I still can't get satisfied about one or two things.
First the cpu fan is quite noise compared to the other twelve fans of the gpus, anyone has some tips on ot? (no cpu mining, g4400, asrock h110 pro btc+).

Second, the wtm switcher works, but I have some doubts it could be useful for small rigs like mine since switching from one pool to another will dramatically increase the payout time so even if an altocin is more profitable right now maybe it will go lower in value when I will be able to withdraw/exchange it.  Any smart opinion or suggestion is welcome.

Third, but I'm quite convinced here, thank you for bringing us nvOC to all who contributed to the project.
leenoox

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

WARNING: Tue Jan 23 03:13:42 PST 2018 - Problem found: See diagnostics below:
Percent of GPUs bellow threshold: 100 %
name, pstate, temperature.gpu, fan.speed [%], utilization.gpu [%], power.draw [W], power.limit [W]
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 44, 60 %, 0 %, 33.33 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 41, 60 %, 0 %, 33.02 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 44, 60 %, 0 %, 32.92 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 40, 60 %, 0 %, 32.93 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 37, 60 %, 0 %, 30.87 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 34, 60 %, 0 %, 32.46 W, 170.00 W
GeForce GTX 1070, P2, 39, 60 %, 0 %, 32.65 W, 170.00 W
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #4: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #6: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #1: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #3: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] ...retry after 10 seconds
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #0: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #5: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:31] GPU #2: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #4: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #6: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #1: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #3: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #0: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #5: waiting for data
[2018-01-23 03:13:34] GPU #2: waiting for data
CRITICAL: Tue Jan 23 03:13:42 PST 2018 - GPU Utilization is too low: restarting 3main...

I am still getting this issue all day on the miner. But happens in all miners in the same time. So should be something about the pool correct?
Overall in the whole day the average it's good doesn't seems to affect seems just the 3main it's getting restart and them the gpus are mining again.

Shoul I just ignore?
Is it something with yiimp pool?
Because before when I was mining I would noticed as well the miner would get disconnect from the stratum and them reconnect. Probably is something like this here correct?
I already played with all OC and I don't believe it's a OC issue because happens in 4 different miners and happens in the same time maybe 5 seconds difference for one

That's a pool problem. Not sure what coin you are mining but if that coin has more available pools then switch to another one.

Pages: « 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 [351] 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: