Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:56:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 131 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PLAYKEY: DECENTRALIZED CLOUD GAMING PLATFORM  (Read 41870 times)
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:05:20 PM

This project - Playkey I infinitely like, it's hard to compare it with something, maybe because I myself am a gamer Smiley

I am thinking the same.

I am playing on console because playing on pc is too expensive and you need to update your hardware constantly. Now there won't be a such a problem.

Playkey can hit consoles very hard.

Playkey can partner with consoles. Think on Switch, for instance - it brings the mobility while Playkey provides the power. So the most affected sector to me might be PC, not consoles.

Playkey won't hit consoles at all, because consoles have their exclusive games. Over the years, no service that was similar to Playkey was a threat to consoles. This won't change.

Regarding partnership with console manufacturer -  I don't think so. Why should e.g. Sony cooperate with Playkey? They all have their own platforms and want to sell their own games. When partnering with a service like PlayKey, they will loose money .. and I am sure they don't like that.
i think PlayKey will focus on computer games at the begining,the console market is not to be excluded but perhaps in a second time/later...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:20:12 PM

I seen at their contrack adress, they raised $310,657 right now.  Roll Eyes

How did you see that?
They raised that with the pre-sale? Thought that wasnt started yet? Or is that raised with angel investors?

Very curious now how they already got these funds Smiley.

Pre-sale started 26 September  Grin

Look:
https://playkey.io/en/contribute/

Tou an find their ETH adress, and see amount on Etherscan
But may be this is now all amount.
Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:27:43 PM

I seen at their contrack adress, they raised $310,657 right now.  Roll Eyes

How did you see that?
They raised that with the pre-sale? Thought that wasnt started yet? Or is that raised with angel investors?

Very curious now how they already got these funds Smiley.

Pre-sale started 26 September  Grin

Look:
https://playkey.io/en/contribute/

Tou an find their ETH adress, and see amount on Etherscan
But may be this is now all amount.

Just checked ETH address and now I'm a bit confused... isn't the minimum contribution 60ETH? There are a lot of much smaller amounts  Huh

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:42:23 PM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

isn't this service subscription based? it is on playkey.net

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 
If i already have a game i can use my license, right?

It depends I guess. It seems that you can play games you bought on Steam. If you bought your games somewhere else, it COULD not work. Not sure.

It would be interesting to know the official statement from Playkey regarding the game licenses and how they will enforce this. Via a key or another way?
sahabond

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:53:14 PM

This project - Playkey I infinitely like, it's hard to compare it with something, maybe because I myself am a gamer Smiley

I am thinking the same.

I am playing on console because playing on pc is too expensive and you need to update your hardware constantly. Now there won't be a such a problem.

Playkey can partner with consoles. Think on Switch, for instance - it brings the mobility while Playkey provides the power. So the most affected sector to me might be PC, not consoles.

Playkey won't hit consoles at all, because consoles have their exclusive games. Over the years, no service that was similar to Playkey was a threat to consoles. This won't change.

Regarding partnership with console manufacturer -  I don't think so. Why should e.g. Sony cooperate with Playkey? They all have their own platforms and want to sell their own games. When partnering with a service like PlayKey, they will loose money .. and I am sure they don't like that.
i think PlayKey will focus on computer games at the begining,the console market is not to be excluded but perhaps in a second time/later...
Yes, the console later, but they are needed. Because they have exclusives
alexsmalex

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:29:12 PM

Do i understand correctly that every gamer should buy a game activation key. This key is checked by the miner to get acces to the games?

It is, but you still have to buy games (most of them, especially the new ones) that you want to play. 

It depends I guess. It seems that you can play games you bought on Steam. If you bought your games somewhere else, it COULD not work. Not sure.

It would be interesting to know the official statement from Playkey regarding the game licenses and how they will enforce this. Via a key or another way?
Yes this is an interesting question. I personally think that games with single companies should be free of charge
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:50:46 PM

I am thinking the same.

Oh sure I don't want to miss uncharted 4. Would be happy if I could play uncharted with this service on my PC.

Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

I did not find anything related to Steam licenses in the whitepaper. But on TechCrunch I found:

“Users can use their own Steam library with our service, buy the game from Steam directly, or purchase the key and subscription from us.”

I think they will be setting up virtual machines for each user, otherwise the Steam libraries and save games from different people will conflict with each other. The downside is that if the game data is also stored in the virtual disk of the virtual machine that will waste a lot of storage space on duplicate bits. But that too can be solved by configuring the virtual machines with a shared virtual disk for game data and separate virtual disks for user data.
sahabond

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:23:02 PM

Which latest popular games they have? I dont played for a long time, because I dont have time now, but may be Ill try this  Roll Eyes
GTAV, Overwatch, Dota2, WatchDogs 2, Witcher 3 and so on and so on, you can see the list on web site.

The games they have are very big, and those games have millions of users. I cant find more information on the servers they will use. Or will they make a partnership with a blockchain that focus on renting out servers? I cant imagine the computing power you need with millions of people playing

Just checked out the full list of games on the website, and I'm impressed by how many they have available - they even have a couple of free-to-play games.
Maybe it will eventually be the case that ordinary people can rent out their PC resources over the cloud, and be rewarded in Playkey tokens.

Playkey will provide an opportunity to rent them powerful computers. Owners of such computers can earn on this.

Exactly. Who wants to be able to earn. And I hope users can play
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:34:30 PM

Which latest popular games they have? I dont played for a long time, because I dont have time now, but may be Ill try this  Roll Eyes
GTAV, Overwatch, Dota2, WatchDogs 2, Witcher 3 and so on and so on, you can see the list on web site.

The games they have are very big, and those games have millions of users. I cant find more information on the servers they will use. Or will they make a partnership with a blockchain that focus on renting out servers? I cant imagine the computing power you need with millions of people playing

Just checked out the full list of games on the website, and I'm impressed by how many they have available - they even have a couple of free-to-play games.
Maybe it will eventually be the case that ordinary people can rent out their PC resources over the cloud, and be rewarded in Playkey tokens.

Playkey will provide an opportunity to rent them powerful computers. Owners of such computers can earn on this.

Exactly. Who wants to be able to earn. And I hope users can play
I thing that miners want to earn tokens. Mining ETH isn't profitable but streaming games at play key can be
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:43:45 PM

I am thinking the same.

Like I said before, I don't think a console partnership will work. Sony already has their own service and i would be surprised if Microsoft or Nintendo won't have their own soon.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:54:24 PM

I am thinking the same.

Regarding partnership with console manufacturer -  I don't think so. Why should e.g. Sony cooperate with Playkey? They all have their own platforms and want to sell their own games. When partnering with a service like PlayKey, they will loose money .. and I am sure they don't like that.
Maybe sony/microsoft can create a cheap console with playkey services.
Playkey whitepaper :
We will develop a proprietary gaming console that will give gamers the possibility to play on a big screen. The client application will be based on Linux, and the code will be open source, so that any hardware manufacturer is able to develop its customized Playkey console version
Voltaje

Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

I am thinking the same.

Regarding partnership with console manufacturer -  I don't think so. Why should e.g. Sony cooperate with Playkey? They all have their own platforms and want to sell their own games. When partnering with a service like PlayKey, they will loose money .. and I am sure they don't like that.
Playkey whitepaper :
We will develop a proprietary gaming console that will give gamers the possibility to play on a big screen. The client application will be based on Linux, and the code will be open source, so that any hardware manufacturer is able to develop its customized Playkey console version

I didn't know this information, that will make playkey even more known and the first company for that particular industry, having some small hardware exclusively for playkey could solve the network problem, having hardware intended for receiving data will help a lot Cheesy.
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:20:42 PM

I am thinking the same.

Playkey whitepaper :

I didn't know this information, that will make playkey even more known and the first company for that particular industry, having some small hardware exclusively for playkey could solve the network problem, having hardware intended for receiving data will help a lot Cheesy.

I would think that the proprietary console that Playkey are developing would just be the general design of the hardware and software, and not the physical production of units? Branching out into hardware would divert attention and resources away from software development which is Playkey's forte.

marmeladko

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

I agree that PLAYKEY should go to the manufacturers of smart TV and game consoles

Cooperation can give birth to a large and popular product

Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:42:42 PM

Yes maybe playkey will make partnership in the future. But remember that playkey has already a working product, and a really important fact, playkey already make benefit. Its really really rare for an ico to have a working product and platform and already make benefit, as an investors I apreciate that.
John Nash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 09:23:53 PM

Gamers have to buy a game either on Steam/Uplay/Origin... or on Playkey store. Game verification processed via game key you enter in you Steam/Uplay/Origin account.

Playkey has connected with all makor publishers and integrated their game launchers.
cuteman

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:34:09 PM

Cool project, participated !
John Nash

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2017, 09:55:55 PM

I did not find anything related to Steam licenses in the whitepaper. But on TechCrunch I found:

“Users can use their own Steam library with our service, buy the game from Steam directly, or purchase the key and subscription from us.”

I think they will be setting up virtual machines for each user, otherwise the Steam libraries and save games from different people will conflict with each other. The downside is that if the game data is also stored in the virtual disk of the virtual machine that will waste a lot of storage space on duplicate bits. But that too can be solved by configuring the virtual machines with a shared virtual disk for game data and separate virtual disks for user data.

Playkey unique technology launches not a virtual machine that, you are right, needs a lot of storage but a virtual copy of a game. That requires much less storage and computer power. That's why Playkey has such amazing figures of growth.
belechau

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 10:20:51 PM

Playkey unique technology launches not a virtual machine that, you are right, needs a lot of storage but a virtual copy of a game. That requires much less storage and computer power. That's why Playkey has such amazing figures of growth.

Cloud storage stopped for something so surreal and dangerous for some time, I congratulate Playkey for seeing this gap to progress and introduce the concept to the games, on several platforms the concept is applicable and very expandable for the project, so the Team has room to work and evolve in the future, this is very good for our investments
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 131 »
  Print  

Jump to: