Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:24:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Sixth alt coin thread I forgot to mod last thread.  (Read 80157 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:17:02 PM

Interesting idea,

Phill or Citronick,

Know if those CPU blade cards can be ran in multiples on a motherboard?

I ask because with the profits on Monero, its been temping to get into more CPU mining...My 1950x has been running around $4-5/day all week......

don't have 1 board no less 2 boards to try it.

you need two boards  and you would pull a card from board a to board b.

since I don't know the chipset  and bios  it is possible.

but extremely unlikely since the chipset would need  to be programmed that way.

I stopped cpu mining of xmr  do you  have  a link  to the xmr software you use to mine your ryzen?  and a bat file?

I avoid CPU mining.

Focusing on GPU mining and scaling it up is more profitable and worthwhile to do.

Higher end CPU like Ryzen is of course looks good on Monero, and maybe even Neoscrypt but I cant imagine a profitable biz plan for warehouse full of Ryzen rigs.

I know a client who build a 800-node supercomputer using cheap out-of-date Gateway Pentium IIs warehouse sales that he bought at $400 each.... 400 x 800 = 320K investment with opensource Linux program to linkup all the PCs into a giant processing node. So instead of sending their files to Houston to rent a processing time on a super computer, now they do their own processing locally.

I am hoever, interested to build an array of 40 x Samsung S7s mining Monero or 40 x Moonlanders mining Scrypt coins - excitement level is definitely higher  Grin

If you use the Biostar TB350 motherboard for 6 GPU rigs with a Ryzen CPU mining as well I think it's a nice business plan.  A warehouse of Ryzen rigs with no GPUs doesn't make sense, but 6 GPU rigs are still pretty standard and you need some kind of CPU, so it might as well be one that pays for itself. Wink  Of course with the current 8 GPU riser free motherboards on the market I think they are the best way to go for a brand new setup.
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:25:29 PM

meanwhile

so I download  xmr-stak   and all I want it to do is  my cpu  and now the new version  does  both cpu and gpu.  I only did xmr with nicehash.
but I do have a good cpu a ryzen 1800x   so any help  with a bat file  that only does the cpu?

I was just recently messing around with that newer version of XMR stak that does both CPU, AMD and NVIDIA GPUs together. After you first run the .exe it will generate a config, cpu, AMD, and/or NVIDIA text documents. You can go into the text document for your GPUs and under the following portion, delete what I have in bold (may be different depending on your GPUs installed).

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
  // gpu: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti architecture: 61
  //      memory: 9312/11264 MiB
  //      smx: 28
  { "index" : 0,
    "threads" : 26, "blocks" : 84,
    "bfactor" : 8, "bsleep" :  100,
    "affine_to_cpu" : true,
  },
  // gpu: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti architecture: 61
  //      memory: 9312/11264 MiB
  //      smx: 28
  { "index" : 1,
    "threads" : 26, "blocks" : 84,
    "bfactor" : 8, "bsleep" :  100,
    "affine_to_cpu" : true,
  },

],

When you run the miner now it should not be GPU mining.

*There may be some more elegant way of doing it, but that method worked for me when I was testing ETN on a couple of rigs.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:34:22 PM

Interesting idea,

Phill or Citronick,

Know if those CPU blade cards can be ran in multiples on a motherboard?

I ask because with the profits on Monero, its been temping to get into more CPU mining...My 1950x has been running around $4-5/day all week......

Lets say you could, what would be the point? A Ryzen 7 is making $4 a day, how much do you think a lowly ULV Dual core cpu would make? And EVEN IF you can get multiple Ryzen 7 level "CPU Blade cards" with the CPU's on proper cooling and the right kind of power delivery in there, I cant imagine them costing anything less than the cost of Ryzen 7 + 100$ so about $400, so, again, why?
Why not a Vega 56? Or two RX 570?

I don't think it could do more then 2 cpu's  and that is if it is  a server style  chipset.

meanwhile

so I download  xmr-stak   and all I want it to do is  my cpu  and now the new version  does  both cpu and gpu.  I only did xmr with nicehash.
but I do have a good cpu a ryzen 1800x   so any help  with a bat file  that only does the cpu?

https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

Optimisations and bug fixes
@psychocrypt psychocrypt released this a day ago · 2 commits to master since this release

Assets
7.54 MB xmr-stak-win64.zip
 Source code (zip)
 Source code (tar.gz)
Please do not use your old configs for the new version xmr-stak 2.1.0.
Instead start the miner once and use the auto created configs as base for your optimizations.

Changelog:

CPU backend
huge performance improvement for special INTEL CPUs with L4 cache (thanks to grzegorzszczecin for this good job)
AMD backend
extent config parameter (add option strided_index)
small performance improvements
fix OSX GPU detection (thanks to ExceptionallyGreat)
NVIDIA backend
extent the config parameter (add option sync_mode)
optimze the auto suggestion
better error mesages
many small fixes
Other
option --noUAC to disable UAC prompt (UAC is needed on Windows 7)
fix CLI pool definition
update documentation

I have this address

us-east.cryptonight-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20580

4JUdGzvrMFDWrUUwY3toJATSeNwjn54LkCnKBPRzDuhzi5vSepHfUckJNxRL2gjkNrSqtCoRUrEDAgR wsQvVCjZbRvhcMB7wgKHDCuz3qm

I have gpu's  I don't want to use.

I have a ryzen 1800x I want to use

(2) xmr-stak
AMD - https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-amd/releases
NVIDIA - https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-nvidia/releases

CPU - https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-cpu/releases       this leads to new link  which does   nvidia amd and cpu's

I got you
using : xmr-stak-cpu-win64

I have one ryzen 1700 doing monero around 500h/s which is bascially likea free GPu mining, I wish we had a no riser build for ryzen because they are aswsome
I have one six GPU ryzen build I am mining monero with on the CPU here is the batch file CPU only

file 1
configRyzen.txt
Code:

* Thread configuration for each thread. Make sure it matches the number above.
 * low_power_mode - This mode will double the cache usage, and double the single thread performance. It will
 *                  consume much less power (as less cores are working), but will max out at around 80-85% of
 *                  the maximum performance.
 * no_prefetch -    Some sytems can gain up to extra 5% here, but sometimes it will have no difference or make
 *                  things slower.
 * affine_to_cpu -  This can be either false (no affinity), or the CPU core number. Note that on hyperthreading
 *                  systems it is better to assign threads to physical cores. On Windows this usually means selecting
 *                  even or odd numbered cpu numbers. For Linux it will be usually the lower CPU numbers, so for a 4
 *                  physical core CPU you should select cpu numbers 0-3.
 * On the first run the miner will look at your system and suggest a basic configuration that will work,
 * you can try to tweak it from there to get the best performance.
 * A filled out configuration should look like this:
 * "cpu_threads_conf" :
 * [
 *      { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
 *      { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : true, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
 * ],
 */
"cpu_threads_conf" :
  [
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 2 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 4 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 6 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 8 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 9 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 10 },
{ "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 11 },
 ],

/*
 * LARGE PAGE SUPPORT
 * Lare pages need a properly set up OS. It can be difficult if you are not used to systems administation,
 * but the performace results are worth the trouble - you will get around 20% boost. Slow memory mode is
 * meant as a backup, you won't get stellar results there. If you are running into trouble, especially
 * on Windows, please read the common issues in the README.
 * By default we will try to allocate large pages. This means you need to "Run As Administrator" on Windows.
 * You need to edit your system's group policies to enable locking large pages. Here are the steps from MSDN
 * 1. On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open box, type gpedit.msc.
 * 2. On the Local Group Policy Editor console, expand Computer Configuration, and then expand Windows Settings.
 * 3. Expand Security Settings, and then expand Local Policies.
 * 4. Select the User Rights Assignment folder.
 * 5. The policies will be displayed in the details pane.
 * 6. In the pane, double-click Lock pages in memory.
 * 7. In the Local Security Setting – Lock pages in memory dialog box, click Add User or Group.
 * 8. In the Select Users, Service Accounts, or Groups dialog box, add an account that you will run the miner on
 * 9. Reboot for change to take effect.
 * Windows also tends to fragment memory a lot. If you are running on a system with 4-8GB of RAM you might need
 * to switch off all the auto-start applications and reboot to have a large enough chunk of contiguous memory.
 * On Linux you will need to configure large page support "sudo sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=128" and increase your
 * ulimit -l. To do do this you need to add following lines to /etc/security/limits.conf - "* soft memlock 262144"
 * and "* hard memlock 262144". You can also do it Windows-style and simply run-as-root, but this is NOT
 * recommended for security reasons.
 * Memory locking means that the kernel can't swap out the page to disk - something that is unlikey to happen on a
 * command line system that isn't starved of memory. I haven't observed any difference on a CLI Linux system between
 * locked and unlocked memory. If that is your setup see option "no_mlck".
 */

/*
 * use_slow_memory defines our behaviour with regards to large pages. There are three possible options here:
 * always  - Don't even try to use large pages. Always use slow memory.
 * warn    - We will try to use large pages, but fall back to slow memory if that fails.
 * no_mlck - This option is only relevant on Linux, where we can use large pages without locking memory.
 *           It will never use slow memory, but it won't attempt to mlock
 * never   - If we fail to allocate large pages we will print an error and exit.
 */
"use_slow_memory" : "warn",

/*
 * NiceHash mode
 * nicehash_nonce - Limit the noce to 3 bytes as required by nicehash. This cuts all the safety margins, and
 *                  if a block isn't found within 30 minutes then you might run into nonce collisions. Number
 *                  of threads in this mode is hard-limited to 32.
 */
"nicehash_nonce" : false,

/*
 * Manual hardware AES override
 * Some VMs don't report AES capability correctly. You can set this value to true to enforce hardware AES or
 * to false to force disable AES or null to let the miner decide if AES is used.
 * WARNING: setting this to true on a CPU that doesn't support hardware AES will crash the miner.
 */
"aes_override" : null,

/*
 * TLS Settings
 * If you need real security, make sure tls_secure_algo is enabled (otherwise MITM attack can downgrade encryption
 * to trivially breakable stuff like DES and MD5), and verify the server's fingerprint through a trusted channel.
 * use_tls         - This option will make us connect using Transport Layer Security.
 * tls_secure_algo - Use only secure algorithms. This will make us quit with an error if we can't negotiate a secure algo.
 * tls_fingerprint - Server's SHA256 fingerprint. If this string is non-empty then we will check the server's cert against it.
 */
"use_tls" : false,
"tls_secure_algo" : true,
"tls_fingerprint" : "",

/*
 * pool_address  - Pool address should be in the form "pool.supportxmr.com:3333". Only stratum pools are supported.
 * wallet_address - Your wallet, or pool login.
 * pool_password  - Can be empty in most cases or "x".
 * We feature pools up to 1MH/s. For a more complete list see M5M400's pool list at www.moneropools.com
 */
"pool_address" : "etn.easyhash.io:3630",
"wallet_address" : "xxxxxxx",
"pool_password" : "x",

/*
 * Network timeouts.
 * Because of the way this client is written it doesn't need to constantly talk (keep-alive) to the server to make
 * sure it is there. We detect a buggy / overloaded server by the call timeout. The default values will be ok for
 * nearly all cases. If they aren't the pool has most likely overload issues. Low call timeout values are preferable -
 * long timeouts mean that we waste hashes on potentially stale jobs. Connection report will tell you how long the
 * server usually takes to process our calls.
 * call_timeout - How long should we wait for a response from the server before we assume it is dead and drop the connection.
 * retry_time - How long should we wait before another connection attempt.
 *                Both values are in seconds.
 * giveup_limit - Limit how many times we try to reconnect to the pool. Zero means no limit. Note that stak miners
 *                don't mine while the connection is lost, so your computer's power usage goes down to idle.
 */
"call_timeout" : 10,
"retry_time" : 10,
"giveup_limit" : 0,

/*
 * Output control.
 * Since most people are used to miners printing all the time, that's what we do by default too. This is suboptimal
 * really, since you cannot see errors under pages and pages of text and performance stats. Given that we have internal
 * performance monitors, there is very little reason to spew out pages of text instead of concise reports.
 * Press 'h' (hashrate), 'r' (results) or 'c' (connection) to print reports.
 * verbose_level - 0 - Don't print anything.
 *                 1 - Print intro, connection event, disconnect event
 *                 2 - All of level 1, and new job (block) event if the difficulty is different from the last job
 *                 3 - All of level 1, and new job (block) event in all cases, result submission event.
 *                 4 - All of level 3, and automatic hashrate report printing
 */
"verbose_level" : 3,

/*
 * Automatic hashrate report
 * h_print_time - How often, in seconds, should we print a hashrate report if verbose_level is set to 4.
 *                This option has no effect if verbose_level is not 4.
 */
"h_print_time" : 60,

/*
 * Daemon mode
 * If you are running the process in the background and you don't need the keyboard reports, set this to true.
 * This should solve the hashrate problems on some emulated terminals.
 */
"daemon_mode" : false,

/*
 * Output file
 * output_file  - This option will log all output to a file.
 */
"output_file" : "",

/*
 * Built-in web server
 * I like checking my hashrate on my phone. Don't you?
 * Keep in mind that you will need to set up port forwarding on your router if you want to access it from
 * outside of your home network. Ports lower than 1024 on Linux systems will require root.
 * httpd_port - Port we should listen on. Default, 0, will switch off the server.
 */
"httpd_port" : 0,

/*
 * prefer_ipv4 - IPv6 preference. If the host is available on both IPv4 and IPv6 net, which one should be choose?
 *               This setting will only be needed in 2020's. No need to worry about it now.
 */
"prefer_ipv4" : true,

now the batch file that runs the miner:
Electroemuzyzen1700.bat
Code:
 xmr-stak-cpu configRyzen.txt
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:41:55 PM

I agree if you are going to CPU mine do it while with the PCs that are already GPu mining

going forward I only buy I7 cpus and i mine moero at around 270 h/s per card
I have around 5 i7s now and 1 ryzen 1700 at 480 h/s and two i6800ks doing 350h/s each for a total of
2600 h/s which bascially is like a free extra rig mining monero

if i had i7s on all 30 of my rigs that would be 7500 h/s at low wattage which is bascially like nearly 3 vega 56 cards mining for me

if i could find 8 card boards with Ryzen that could potentially be 14k h/s

rs1x

Activity: 284
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 11:19:52 PM

Futures trade of btc live
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:45:54 AM

I stopped by Lowe's today and picked up some 1/16" x 1/2" x 3ft aluminum angle stock.  They were $2.79 each.

I then cut it to length for the 8 GPU slots on the Colorful mining board.  Next I drilled and tapped (6-32) for the 8 screws to tie it to the GPU brackets.  I also drilled 6 holes to be able to attached 3 120mm fans.  For about 30 minutes work and less than $3 in parts, I think it turned out pretty nice.

Once I tightened the screws to the GPU brackets all the cards "stood up" like they should instead of leaning to the right which they otherwise always do with no support.

I plan to do the same to my Onda rig.  Next up will be getting a $6 laminated shelf to mount the motherboard and PSU on to make the whole unit mobile.

The remaining 3 1060 3G EVGA's should be here Tuesday from newegg's special they ran the other day ($189).

I also have a 1200W Server PSU from parallelminer on the way.  That 2400W Delta is way overkill for a 8x 1060 rig, but I had a couple of extra ones laying around so I used one of those for testing.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:10:42 AM

Just got my weekly payment... for my home GPU's:

2x 960
1x 980
1x 1070
all stock clocks.  the 1070 is run at reduced intensity 24/7 as its in my home media center/tv/gaming pc.

Current USD value at time of RX of payment: 69.87

not too shabby... considering my last payment was 37.15 and was 0.0005 less than this weeks payment. As well as being 31.22 the week prior to that one.....

also considering the nicecrash across pretty much all mining pools as a result of the nicehack...  (we need to use these 'nice' permutations with everything from now on I think.. lol)....  The extra earnings are superb!

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8050

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 03:46:10 AM

Just got my weekly payment... for my home GPU's:

2x 960
1x 980
1x 1070
all stock clocks.  the 1070 is run at reduced intensity 24/7 as its in my home media center/tv/gaming pc.

Current USD value at time of RX of payment: 69.87

not too shabby... considering my last payment was 37.15 and was 0.0005 less than this weeks payment. As well as being 31.22 the week prior to that one.....

also considering the nicecrash across pretty much all mining pools as a result of the nicehack...  (we need to use these 'nice' permutations with everything from now on I think.. lol)....  The extra earnings are superb!

I earned 0.0060  which is 90 usd

on a 4 card rig  decent numbers .

it was earning 65 last week.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 05:06:14 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 05:16:29 AM by jimmykl

I stopped by Lowe's today and picked up some 1/16" x 1/2" x 3ft aluminum angle stock.  They were $2.79 each.

I then cut it to length for the 8 GPU slots on the Colorful mining board.  Next I drilled and tapped (6-32) for the 8 screws to tie it to the GPU brackets.  I also drilled 6 holes to be able to attached 3 120mm fans.  For about 30 minutes work and less than $3 in parts, I think it turned out pretty nice.

Once I tightened the screws to the GPU brackets all the cards "stood up" like they should instead of leaning to the right which they otherwise always do with no support.

I plan to do the same to my Onda rig.  Next up will be getting a $6 laminated shelf to mount the motherboard and PSU on to make the whole unit mobile.

The remaining 3 1060 3G EVGA's should be here Tuesday from newegg's special they ran the other day ($189).

I also have a 1200W Server PSU from parallelminer on the way.  That 2400W Delta is way overkill for a 8x 1060 rig, but I had a couple of extra ones laying around so I used one of those for testing.

Cool, very tidy. I look forward to hearing the temps on a fully stocked rig. I'd like to go this way from risers too.

Does the board connect to psu through all the pcie on the right (of the first photo) and then the connectors on the back are 'jumpers' to the cards?
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:17:11 AM

Made the mistake of transferring some btc with too low of a fee last thursday... I'm still waiting for the transaction to go through! Sad
Need to try one of those transaction accelerators. Viabtc seems to be down, by the way. The way of the nicecrash?
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:53:52 AM

Made the mistake of transferring some btc with too low of a fee last thursday... I'm still waiting for the transaction to go through! Sad
Need to try one of those transaction accelerators. Viabtc seems to be down, by the way. The way of the nicecrash?

viabtc tx accelerators can be used only a few time per user I think

I recall once when I got message like "quota exceeded" etc.

use Bitcoin Cash? he he  Grin

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 08:56:32 AM

I also have a 1200W Server PSU from parallelminer on the way.  That 2400W Delta is way overkill for a 8x 1060 rig, but I had a couple of extra ones laying around so I used one of those for testing.

That's a very good idea and a cheap solution too - to ensure that cards are lined up standing correctly and with 3 fans mounted like that.

Whats the dimension like -- I will do some experiments this weekend. Thanks for idea.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
crazydane

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:18:01 AM

Cool, very tidy. I look forward to hearing the temps on a fully stocked rig. I'd like to go this way from risers too.

Does the board connect to psu through all the pcie on the right (of the first photo) and then the connectors on the back are 'jumpers' to the cards?

Right the GPU0 is at 68 degrees with fan at 50%.  Room is rather warm at 26 degrees.  The other GPU's are in the mid 50's.  The fans I used are pretty weak, so I might get more powerful ones if needed.  One thing I thought about was to add another 1/2" angle stock at the bottom to "seal", forcing all the air to be pushed through the cards.  I'm assuming the colorful board is running the fans at 100% speed but I'm not sure.  Next time I'm in the BIOS I'll have a look to see if it tells me.  (the 3 fans are connected to fan headers on the mobo)

Yes, the PSU is feeding the colorful via 8x PCIe power cables and the colorful is, in turn, feeding the GPU's.
crazydane

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 10:29:03 AM

That's a very good idea and a cheap solution too - to ensure that cards are lined up standing correctly and with 3 fans mounted like that.

Whats the dimension like -- I will do some experiments this weekend. Thanks for idea.

The aluminum angle stock is 1/16" thick by 1/2".  3x 120mm fans measure 360mm across (duh) (about 14.25") so that would be the length to cut the aluminum stock at.  I cut mine a little short since I was only going by what was needed to support the GPU brackets.  To precisely mark the holes for the GPU brackets, I held the aluminum stock in place underneath the GPU bracket lips, and then used a permanent market to mark for the holes through the oval holes in the GPU bracket lips.  I did a similar thing for locating the holes for the fans.  Btw, I never did shut down the rig while doing any of this.  Did want to loose the hashes, lol.
Daaaveee

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:05:49 AM

The aluminum angle stock is 1/16" thick by 1/2".  3x 120mm fans measure 360mm across (duh) (about 14.25") so that would be the length to cut the aluminum stock at.  I cut mine a little short since I was only going by what was needed to support the GPU brackets.  To precisely mark the holes for the GPU brackets, I held the aluminum stock in place underneath the GPU bracket lips, and then used a permanent market to mark for the holes through the oval holes in the GPU bracket lips.  I did a similar thing for locating the holes for the fans.  Btw, I never did shut down the rig while doing any of this.  Did want to loose the hashes, lol.

Nice setup, will probably do the same when I next expand my rigs Smiley

Just wondering if it would be better to flip the fans around so they are sucking out of the 'exhaust' at the back of the cards (I know they are not blowers but some air is still expelled through those holes)
dragonmike

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:11:45 AM

The aluminum angle stock is 1/16" thick by 1/2".  3x 120mm fans measure 360mm across (duh) (about 14.25") so that would be the length to cut the aluminum stock at.  I cut mine a little short since I was only going by what was needed to support the GPU brackets.  To precisely mark the holes for the GPU brackets, I held the aluminum stock in place underneath the GPU bracket lips, and then used a permanent market to mark for the holes through the oval holes in the GPU bracket lips.  I did a similar thing for locating the holes for the fans.  Btw, I never did shut down the rig while doing any of this.  Did want to loose the hashes, lol.
It's a nice way to straighten up the cards... but the fans don't do much for airflow, as they're placed just in front of the GPUs' exhaust fans. Ideally those 120mm fans should be placed behind the GPUs to help blowing cool air onto the backplates, I reckon...
dragonmike

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 11:16:44 AM

viabtc tx accelerators can be used only a few time per user I think

I recall once when I got message like "quota exceeded" etc.

use Bitcoin Cash? he he  Grin
The entire Viabtc site was down over the weekend.
I didn't even get to the transaction accelerator page (tbh it still doesn't work - probably chronically overloaded).

Found another one: confirmtx.com
I'll have to try it out tonight after work when I get access to my btc wallet again.
crazydane

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:19:20 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2017, 12:44:02 PM by crazydane

It's a nice way to straighten up the cards... but the fans don't do much for airflow, as they're placed just in front of the GPUs' exhaust fans. Ideally those 120mm fans should be placed behind the GPUs to help blowing cool air onto the backplates, I reckon...

Another option I thought about was to reverse the fans, and add an angle piece at the bottom as a seal, and then drop a piece of Plexiglas across the top of the GPU's to force all air to be pulled in from the back.  This way air would be sucked in from behind and pulled through the gaps between the cards and out the front.  Once I get the missing 3 GPU's I'll record temps with the current setup, and then try reversing and adding the "lid" and lower seal.  Might also try sealing the front sides as some air will be pulled in there as well.
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8050

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2017, 01:24:14 PM

Right the GPU0 is at 68 degrees with fan at 50%.  Room is rather warm at 26 degrees.  The other GPU's are in the mid 50's.  The fans I used are pretty weak, so I might get more powerful ones if needed.  One thing I thought about was to add another 1/2" angle stock at the bottom to "seal", forcing all the air to be pushed through the cards.  I'm assuming the colorful board is running the fans at 100% speed but I'm not sure.  Next time I'm in the BIOS I'll have a look to see if it tells me.  (the 3 fans are connected to fan headers on the mobo)

Yes, the PSU is feeding the colorful via 8x PCIe power cables and the colorful is, in turn, feeding the GPU's.

try  these fans  please  and measure  temp drop

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9ZH3S91539&cm_re=scythe_120mm_fan-_-1YF-0015-00008-_-Product

https://www.amazon.com/Scythe-DFS123812H-3000-Ultra-Kaze-120mm/dp/B001JKNMBE/ref=sr_1_2?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scythe-DFS123812H-3000-ULTRA-KAZE-120mm-Case-Fan/322122095318?

they move a lot of air and are not crazy loud.

they also use  about  .6 amps  x 12 volts = 7.2 watts  no fan  moves this much air  with watts that low

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
martyroz

Activity: 325
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:12:22 PM

Well I just spend 5 hours trying to get 4 * Vega 64 working on a Gigabyte Z170-HD3. I have 3 cards detected and running at 2050h/s... but it can't see the 4th card. In fact, I have only ever seen it in Windows ONCE.

I'm thinking of buying an ASUS Z270-P and doing a straight swap.

I've tried a lot including new risers, swapping in and out etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: