Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:45:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60625 times)
CrustySir

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 06:57:41 PM

What are the requirements for being considered active on coinrmarketcap? Because they're now listed as inactive there:

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinsmarkets/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Giacomo387

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:00:32 PM

All we need is withdrawal. I have to pay my bills but it seems we will not get soon or never Angry

Right. They could easily give us acces to our coins. With trading disabled and acces to one wallet for 24 hours at a time no new servers are needed. So for example let us withdraw Bitcoin on wednesday, Litecoin on Thursday
and so on. Every day acces to another wallet. Until we all have our coins back. This will restrain traffic dramatically. Their old servers wil suffice.
Ganjo

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:17:47 PM

Regardless of what the actual issue is, it is fairly obvious that they are incompetent.

Why are they hosting their site on physical servers? If they had run the site on an Azure or AWS node all the would have needed to do is spin up more instances or upgrade their VMs to with better specs. Need 100 more VMs to load balance? Sure, that will take all of 5 minutes.

We are screwed.

mobydic

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:23:06 PM

Big lol
Miguelr260

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

Join on telegram regarding this matter

https://t.me/CoinsMarketsExchange   (same group as ex- coinsmarketsscam)

freedom of speech is respect, but childish trolling behavior is being kicked.

I got kick out of the group for asking why they change the name of the Telegram group from "Coinsmarkets Scam" to "Coinsmarkets Exchange". There was no freedom of speech there, you have to agree with the admin there or you get the boot. I wasn't being rude to anybody, i was just question about the name change and call them out on why they sold out to Cm.

Are you serious? This is all just too suspicious.

The group that was originally started to perform a witch hunt is now completely on CM's side and is supposedly where we should be getting first hand updates from? What a crock of shit.

No freedom speech in that group, either kiss Coinsmarkets ass and talk wonders about it or get the banhammer.

Nobody kicked you from the group for asking why the name was changed.

The initial goal of this group was to find the CM admin to make him post an update.

He was silent since 10 days, no updates, everybody was in panic mode. People sent complaints to his hosting, and this way it reached to him that people are pissed. He made a new update on the site as you well know.

After that happened, most of the people were a bit more calm, but now a new group was pissed because of all these people who searched him to contact him, because now he might change hosting because of the first people who submitted the complain. Really..?

Anyway, after this, a few members mentioned that maybe the scam word can be removed for now. Is not a big deal and as of now the group is named CM Exchange Scam or Legit?

Again, you did not got kicked for asking questions, more probably you were someone who was writing in ALL CAPS LOCK we are doomed, we lost all, lose hope etc. brainless FUD doesn't help and group was turning into the troll box chat.
NetfetMiningCompany

Activity: 315
Merit: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:32:40 PM

God you retards made everything last longer than necessary. Coinsmarkets would've been up and running days ago if it weren't for your whiny, millennial bullshit.

I don't think you should be calling anyone retarded with a comment as fucking stupid as this. But hey, way to call the kettle black. Even the dumbest person wouldn't believe complaining is holding back installing physical servers and this BS sob story about a host.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:45:30 PM

What are the requirements for being considered active on coinrmarketcap? Because they're now listed as inactive there:

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/coinsmarkets/
Working api and volume needed I think
Dyvz

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 07:51:58 PM

It's taking  way too long, and  changing 1 status to another doesn't really show they are working, it show that some1 can actually change 1 string of  text to another.
We can only hope now, 10 days is more than enough to fix  technical issues or  let thousands of users official info,  even on BTCT forum!

Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:03:15 PM

God you retards made everything last longer than necessary. Coinsmarkets would've been up and running days ago if it weren't for your whiny, millennial bullshit.

I don't think you should be calling anyone retarded with a comment as fucking stupid as this. But hey, way to call the kettle black. Even the dumbest person wouldn't believe complaining is holding back installing physical servers and this BS sob story about a host.

Amazing how this company coins market can blame the users for complaining

Did this guy even use this site for updates to update anyone?
What about the people who make the coins we buy has anyone of them talk to this guy?

Because he sure did Hook line and sinker everyone into using his site by promoting here it's a red flag he hasn't even said he guys I'm doing this or this happen.

jjfattz

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:40:46 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 09:13:22 PM by jjfattz

If this hasn't already been proposed, I think its time we seriously consider putting together legal action against CoinsMarkets (or Juvo Marceles, the alleged owner).

I would be more than willing to put some funds into some kind of crowd funding campaign.

I think its becoming abundantly clear with each passing day that this is either one of three things (or a combination of):

• a total scam/theft
  • extreme incompetence/negligence
  • or, they've been hacked into oblivion

Either way, CoinsMarkets extreme lack of communication on the whole issue is indicative of this all pointing to one or more of the above likelihoods.

Is anyone familiar with the legal recourses available to us in the Amsterdam jurisdiction (assuming that is the location where the site is owned as reported)?

Anyone have experience putting together a crowd funding campaign?

What are your thoughts about taking legal action?  I'm in.

inheritor

Activity: 161

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:59:24 PM

What are your thoughts about taking legal action?  I'm in.
Illegal actions are much more effective in this wild crypto world especially against relatives. Roll Eyes
ChrisCross86

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:06:55 PM

What are your thoughts about taking legal action?  I'm in.
Illegal actions are much more effective in this wild crypto world especially against relatives. Roll Eyes

calm down. This is no option.
inheritor

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:13:54 PM

What are your thoughts about taking legal action?  I'm in.

calm down. This is no option.
I have 7 btc stuck there. I have several options in mind depending on evolving situation.
CrustySir

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:24:39 PM

Would this indicate anything?

Earlier today I looked at the wallet status page, and bunch of them were showing up as online with "Last Scan Times" ranging between 1/12 - 1/14.
https://i.imgur.com/ykzWXLy.png

I looked at it again just a few minutes ago, and I saw the same wallets online but now with Last Scan Times of  1/7 -1/8.
https://i.imgur.com/PVCptwB.png

Both times, the site had "We are checking with different hosting now" banner.

edit: One of them the banner says "We are checking with different hosting now" while on the other it says ""We are checking with different hosting now ." (space and period at the end)
inheritor

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:36:41 PM

I agree with the previous comment about opening consecutive withdrawals of all coins. After everyone withdrew coins we as a community of coinsmarkets users could suggest an owner create a more professional exchange of shitcoins on the basis of coinsmarkets in which everyone who invested in the project could influence on developers, suggest proposals for improvements and so on. The current owner of cm could have 50% in the new exchange.
cefinnell01

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:44:31 PM

Seriously.. CoinsMarkets goes offline for 9 days without any warning, nor did they make any effort to communicate to their customers what was going on. Customers that have millions of dollars there. And you think the customers are at fault? What kind of logic is that? What is retarded is not expecting this type of outcome when taking an exchange offline for that amount of time with 0 communication to it's many customers.
serhanni

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:52:49 PM

Would this indicate anything?

Earlier today I looked at the wallet status page, and bunch of them were showing up as online with "Last Scan Times" ranging between 1/12 - 1/14.
https://i.imgur.com/ykzWXLy.png

I looked at it again just a few minutes ago, and I saw the same wallets online but now with Last Scan Times of  1/7 -1/8.
https://i.imgur.com/PVCptwB.png

Both times, the site had "We are checking with different hosting now" banner.

edit: One of them the banner says "We are checking with different hosting now" while on the other it says ""We are checking with different hosting now ." (space and period at the end)
Those are using for understanding which server serve the site in generally.
jjfattz

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:11:23 PM

Seriously.. CoinsMarkets goes offline for 9 days without any warning, nor did they make any effort to communicate to their customers what was going on. Customers that have millions of dollars there. And you think the customers are at fault? What kind of logic is that? What is retarded is not expecting this type of outcome when taking an exchange offline for that amount of time with 0 communication to it's many customers.

Yeah, especially when you consider how little communication has been released by CoinsMarkets.  That is the real alarming indicator here.  They have a news section on their site that still works (sort of), no post since the 3rd, I believe.  They have an account here on this forum, no posts.  They have a Twitter account, no posts.  They have all our emails to send out an email blast, no emails.  They have many many different ways of communicating with all the customers, yet they fail to do so.  That is the most alarming sign that points to a bad ending here.

If this were just some simple server upgrade/fix, it would not be difficult to put out some clear explanation of what is going on.  The fact that they have been putting up these repetitive one sentence updates on their website that doesn't really load the home page half the time is ridiculous.  Now they're trying to make it seem like customers reporting them as fraud to their webhost (and rightfully so) has prevented them from coming back online.  Now they're "looking for new hosting".  Bottom line, if CoinsMarkets was communicating openly, clearly, in detail, with consistency, then i would be just fine with them working thru their "issues".  But when you look at this pattern of behavior in how they are not communicating and using excuses to buy more time, it doesn't look promising.

Also, this should be of no surprise to anyone, but I can confirm as a seasoned network engineer and software developer that there is beyond the shadow of a doubt extreme incompetence going on here from a technical perspective.  The fact that they were apparently using a single dedicated (or worse, a VPS) hosting service for an exchange website with tons of users and millions of dollars in cryptocurrencies clearly demonstrates they have no clue what they're doing--at best. Instead, they should've been running on some kind of cloud based, elastic/scalable server infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.  I suppose in hindsight the warning signs were evident, especially when you look at how horrible their frontend was put together.

lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:24:35 PM

They were great while they were working now not so much Smiley Yeah i have some money trapped there but bigger problem for me then the money i have there is that we dont have any decent exchange where we can sell our shitcoins,CM was easy to use and really fast withdrawal with low fees but all we are left now is cryptobridge and etherdelta but even those 2 dont really list new coins
cefinnell01

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:44:11 PM

Yeah, especially when you consider how little communication has been released by CoinsMarkets.  That is the real alarming indicator here.  They have a news section on their site that still works (sort of), no post since the 3rd, I believe.  They have an account here on this forum, no posts.  They have a Twitter account, no posts.  They have all our emails to send out an email blast, no emails.  They have many many different ways of communicating with all the customers, yet they fail to do so.  That is the most alarming sign that points to a bad ending here.

If this were just some simple server upgrade/fix, it would not be difficult to put out some clear explanation of what is going on.  The fact that they have been putting up these repetitive one sentence updates on their website that doesn't really load the home page half the time is ridiculous.  Now they're trying to make it seem like customers reporting them as fraud to their webhost (and rightfully so) has prevented them from coming back online.  Now they're "looking for new hosting".  Bottom line, if CoinsMarkets was communicating openly, clearly, in detail, with consistency, then i would be just fine with them working thru their "issues".  But when you look at this pattern of behavior in how they are not communicating and using excuses to buy more time, it doesn't look promising.

Also, this should be of no surprise to anyone, but I can confirm as a seasoned network engineer and software developer that there is beyond the shadow of a doubt extreme incompetence going on here from a technical perspective.  The fact that they were apparently using a single dedicated (or worse, a VPS) hosting service for an exchange website with tons of users and millions of dollars in cryptocurrencies clearly demonstrates they have no clue what they're doing--at best. Instead, they should've been running on some kind of cloud based, elastic/scalable server infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, etc.  I suppose in hindsight the warning signs were evident, especially when you look at how horrible their frontend was put together.

I still can't believe it when I see people who blame angry customers for CoinsMarkets utter and complete incompetence.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: