Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:44:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60625 times)
theofficialdentist

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:08:27 PM

We will find him and kick his ass Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
D3m0nKinGx

Activity: 1638
Merit: 507

The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:09:32 PM

I'm getting this notice on the site :

An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full.

Which  means: Buffer/port exhaustion (not enough resources (TCP ports) open) for making outbound connections.  A simple resolution is just increasing the number of TCP ports availabe to the system.

So not sure why the admin isn't "fixing this".. or what's going on

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
siluxar

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:19:27 PM

So definetly this site is a scam? i have about 30€ on the exchange and is a low quantity but still being money, money stolen in case of being true this scam. I hope we could get back our coins and trade it on other exchanges...
barssib

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:28:23 PM

News on the site
News
About the down time ,
Time : 2018-01-19
First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

From here all kind of problem start with servers ,

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

The Database was fixed yesterday night .

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

Servers issues
Time : 2018-01-03
We have few servers issue we are working on fixing them , all should be back to normal soon,

barssib

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:34:20 PM

I do not know how to insert screenshots, you can see for yourself by going to coinsmarkets.com

MorisYT

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:41:17 PM

MESSAGE FROM  NEWS SECTION ON COINSMARKETS!! 
POST MADE 19th January!!

FINALLY WE'VE GOT AN EXPLANATION.
First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .

In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .

Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.

Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .

In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.

Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .

We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.

A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,

Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,

We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,

Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

CrustySir

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:44:32 PM

I do not know how to insert screenshots, you can see for yourself by going to coinsmarkets.com

Here's a screesnshot: https://i.imgur.com/9jA1xnJ.png
blasterspewpew

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 01:57:01 PM

TL;DR summary of their post.

Waaah, we are a small team, waaah.
Excuses.Excuses.Excuses.
Eventually we will be back online, keep trusting us.
Chinorots

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:13:21 PM

at least they still doing their job. Smiley
bitcoinepidemic

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:35:30 PM

I managed to login to the site and check my balances, for EMB it said the 'Trade Engine is offline' - I take that meaning I can't create a withdrawal address.

I also saw my BTC balance which on the site shows still 0.051 BTC, but when I checked on Blockexplorer I have 0.101 BTC - I don't quite understand why there is that much in my wallet because I know I only had 0.051 BTC in there.

Having said that the EMB I had in my wallet was at the time of buying equal to 0.05 BTC, so the balance I have now with the EMB would make what is in the wallet the correct sum.

Thoughts?

Also withdrawal isn't possible at this time either.
OnTheVerge

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:35:49 PM

News on the site
News
About the down time ,
Time : 2018-01-19

Servers issues
Time : 2018-01-03
We have few servers issue we are working on fixing them , all should be back to normal soon,

Awesome! I knew they were not a scam. As long as they update us once a year, it should be okay.
rembrandert

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:48:53 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 03:16:03 PM by rembrandert

Ok now we know it is not a scam site. Stupid off the people behind coinsmarkets not to communicate in more detail the past 2 weeks, life would have been easier for the clients and coinsmarkets self also. But we have to stop insinuations and FUD now. Let them fix the site ASAP.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:23:26 PM

So, what is date of that email presented week ago on twitter? I don't see any.

It was posted the same day (12 January) that the email was received.  The time stamp is on the email but not the date because it was posted the same day (12 January).  This is normal format for most email systems.  Look at the twitter account.  Not new and from someone supporting a relevant coin interest. 

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:35:37 PM

Don't believe any FUD or anything you read on bitcointalk, twitter, facebook, etc etc etc.  The "ONLY" place to get news is from their website.

https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php

"We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam, Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section."

Again, they are poor communicators but they are working to restore service.  Or... this is the longest, most socio-pathic, evil, poor grammar, and slowest technical team on earth.  But at least the signs point to coins still in wallets and no clear-cut proof that anyone made off with money.

For now, people need to calm-the-fk-down. 

In fact, all you people that made previous fraud inquiries to various ISP vendors... Well, it would be nice to consider the recent facts, emails, "news" releases from https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php and then call those ISP services back to admit that you can't prove a fraud for sure and that you apologize for delaying their return further than what has been needed. 

Yes, this is coinsmarkets.com fault but that doesn't mean all the fraud claims haven't hurt real people.  The right thing to do is to make contact again and try to help everyone get back on track.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
madarkieus

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Don't believe any FUD or anything you read on bitcointalk, twitter, facebook, etc etc etc.  The "ONLY" place to get news is from their website.

"We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam, Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section."

Again, they are poor communicators but they are working to restore service.  Or... this is the longest, most socio-pathic, evil, poor grammar, and slowest technical team on earth.  But at least the signs point to coins still in wallets and no clear-cut proof that anyone made off with money.

In fact, all you people that made previous fraud inquiries to various ISP vendors... Well, it would be nice to consider the recent facts, emails, "news" releases from https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php and then call those ISP services back to admit that you can't prove a fraud for sure and that you apologize for delaying their return further than what has been needed. 

Yes, this is coinsmarkets.com fault but that doesn't mean all the fraud claims haven't hurt real people.  The right thing to do is to make contact again and try to help everyone get back on track.

Exactly. I think the traffic is already a lot less, because people don't check 50 times on a day anymore if the site is up again. Communication is just beyond very bad. That changes nothing, that some anarchy which broke out here is just insane. If at least some have the courage to contact the ISP again and say they were wrong, this would be a very kind act.

An ETA would have been great, but if I wait a few days more, that's fine with me, at least it looks good to get the tokens back!
Little81

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:03:16 PM

I'm thinking the same. All other stuff is only FUD. At this moment the only info is this on coinsmarkets.com. Why should they wait over weeks for taking the coins???
gsanjin

Activity: 191
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:46:13 PM

It remains mystery why it was so hard to post this news two weeks ago, day/two after issues happened ...
CrustySir

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:09:54 PM

It remains mystery why it was so hard to post this news two weeks ago, day/two after issues happened ...

Yeah, I am still extremely skeptical and am still not counting on them coming back at this point.
duep

Activity: 43

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:20:18 PM

I managed to login to the site and check my balances, for EMB it said the 'Trade Engine is offline' - I take that meaning I can't create a withdrawal address.

I also saw my BTC balance which on the site shows still 0.051 BTC, but when I checked on Blockexplorer I have 0.101 BTC - I don't quite understand why there is that much in my wallet because I know I only had 0.051 BTC in there.

Having said that the EMB I had in my wallet was at the time of buying equal to 0.05 BTC, so the balance I have now with the EMB would make what is in the wallet the correct sum.

Thoughts?

Also withdrawal isn't possible at this time either.

Did you have those 0.5BTC in your BTC wallet before buying EMB? I don't know the details of how exchanges implement their wallets but I have to think they don't actually transfer coins on the blockchain as you make in-exchange purchases. Those fees would be killer. So I expect they will play with the balances in the exchange database, and you only see the correct amount when they pull it from there. The actual wallets showing on blockchains might show whatever. How they manage large transactions and people moving different amounts after buying and selling many coins many times on exchange I don't know. I would expect some master wallet to exist but no idea.

Anyone with better idea, would be interested to hear how this is typically done..

malignity

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:34:13 PM

My first thought would be staking, but who knows.  Huh
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: