Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:54:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com?  (Read 60625 times)
fenixsdf

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:32:54 PM

How can we know that it is the site administrators and not hackers who have invaded the same. You are very noobs.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Russoroni

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:56:01 PM

Personally, after all this drama, if CM goes back online I am inclined to leave my coins there. They went down for a week in September and came back. Then again in January. Both times they came back. To me that only proves they aren’t scamming anybody. Can’t say that about most other exchanges.
ryaneather

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

I like coinmarkets, they go down and force you to hodl and stop checking your computer.
BadMAMBA

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:52:59 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 01:42:02 AM by BadMAMBA

My thoughts:

This is crypto. Only safe place for your coins is a cold wallet that you control the private keys. End of story, no amount of bitching about 'muh customer service' is going to change that fact.

Exchanges are located in countries all over the world, that don't have laws that are parallel to your country's or even give a shit about your country's laws. Keep that in mind.

We live in a world where people are still buying BCC coins, even after all the last weeks news. That blows my mind, even when the wiser folks in the space have been screaming Ponzi for the better part of a year or more.

You wanted unregulated free markets outside of government control, well this is one of the drawbacks of not having your shit FDIC insured etc, you might lose everything to a scam. Get over it. Read the rules before you leave your safe space, there are none.

We live in a world where a teenage girl will send her boyfriend an 'I love you' text message. He doesn't respond immediately because he fell asleep on his buddies couch, so she goes and burns down his house and blows his car up, because he is cheating on her.

Lessons to be learned, control your own keys, if you have them on an exchange and that exchange disappears, you might be shit out of luck.

Here is another piece of imagery:
There is a high stakes poker game in town. Poker isn't illegal, but neither is it legal. Little Johnny has $100 bucks and decides to go check out that game. Little Johnny wins some money but in order for him to get his winnings, he has to leave his coins there.  Little Johnny comes to the poker house the next day to play and finds a sign saying, 'Out of order - will be back soon bear with us'. Knowing that the game is not necessarily legal, but he needs his $100 bucks to pay his GoPhone bill, so he calls the cops, saying FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD!!!! Meanwhile in the parking lot as he is calling, three of the high stakes players (10k+) each in the game, pull up and notice the sign and do not freak out, because they play these games all over town and this happens from time to time. Fast forward a few weeks and the game is still shut down. Why? Because Little Johnny called the police over his $100 dollars and now they are making sure everything is legit and possibly asking for laws to be made against such unregulated games. Also, the game has to go find another place, because not only did Little Johnny go call the police, he told the Landlord that the game was a FRAUD, and he also had all his little friends call the landlord and all the law enforcement agencies 10 counties over to say the same things.   Meanwhile, a new sign pops up saying, just what the old players knew, the game will be back up, but things are down for now. But instead of the usual day or maybe a week. It will be a month until the game gets running again because Little Johnny went and cried.

Are you Little Johnny, are you the teenage girl that burned down her boyfriends house and blew up his car because he didn't text you back fast enough?

Don't be those people.  

Last thing, as far as the wallets go: My coins are there, as are yours.
When you move coins onto an exchange, they go into your wallet. Then into a trading wallet for liquidity.
You may go trade all sorts of shit, DOGE DGB BTC PAC BCH ECA etc........then decide to cash out or withdraw, lets say 400k DOGE to your cold wallet. The exchange didn't move all of those trades to each of those wallets in your balance section.
None of those trades go through in real time to wallets, but in a database. The exchange will reconcile end of day or bi daily depending on their liquidity needs, all up to how that exchange has it set up. That is why wallets don't always match up on blockchains, especially if you are trading a bunch. the fees and transfer times for confirmations to do that would grind all trading to a stand still. If you don't understand some of the vocabulary, or words used, go research what the hell you are sinking your rent money, kids college fund, or GoPhone money in before bitching about things.  

EBPman

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:12:55 AM

Libertarian paradise.
Trust no one.  Expect to get screwed, if you do its your fault and you should have no recourse.  All I see is the pinnacle of scam and thievery in this space.  No wonder the state has so much power.  It never changes.  Whether it is incompetence or scam it doesn't matter, I'm losing money because these people suck at minimally one of those things. 
featuringDante

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:46:13 AM

Not meaning to FUD, but does anyone here legitimately have access to a good lawyer or investigator in case the issue gets escalated further?
alphaboss

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:59:49 AM

Not meaning to FUD, but does anyone here legitimately have access to a good lawyer or investigator in case the issue gets escalated further?

Yes. I don't have enough funds on the exchange to fight over myself but am willing to pool resources to make life very uncomfortable for scammers.
zaragosa

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:48:08 AM

This post has just about as much conspiracy theories as one episode of Info Wars...

Let's go back to preventing the government from turning the frogs gay, shall we?
Coinmaster87

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:29:51 AM

Dumbass people will remain skeptical even after CM comes online....
All these shitty people channelise your energy somewhere else and leave CM alone...
rembrandert

Activity: 54

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:07:14 AM

Dumbass people will remain skeptical even after CM comes online....
All these shitty people channelise your energy somewhere else and leave CM alone...

I totally agree, noobs still making FUD. They deserve to loose all their coins. Shut the fuck up and let them fix it.
ghostwalker.ph

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:06:17 AM

i hope CONSmarkets arent pulling a BITCONNECT drama over here. people want their coins back.

i hope when it comes back CM will hire more staff and developers to improve the site. crypto exchange is profitable as ever. Cm admin needs to know that your client is utmost priority.
borderline

Activity: 798
Merit: 116

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:25:04 AM

i don't have lost all my hope... that news are encouraging.. maybe for monday cm come back

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Airdrop to BTC holders
VForrest

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

i don't have lost all my hope... that news are encouraging.. maybe for monday cm come back

What news, where do they communicate the latest?
qf3l3k

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:16:05 AM

What news, where do they communicate the latest?

https://coinsmarkets.com/news.php
If wont load refresh few times.
qf3l3k

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:28:15 AM

News on the site
News
About the down time ,
Time : 2018-01-19

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.
Servers issues
Time : 2018-01-03
We have few servers issue we are working on fixing them , all should be back to normal soon,

So, what was so hard to explain to hosting?
The fact that they cut-off people from withdrawing coins from their systems?
If it is so legit as they claim to be I don't see any issue to explain that to hosting... especially that hosting company, which hosts servers should back their statements and confirm servers outage.

They were reading all posts on BTT and chatbox, so was that a problem to make statement when they seen that people are going to report them?

I still think it's all to keep people away from chasing them and at this point they got afraid.

Why they can't uncover names of team members like legit projects do?
Just sad story blaming users for CM failures.

Pathetic post from thieves.

i think the patethic one here is you, why dont u make yourself an exchange and see how hard to make it work! Get a life!

Fiesty  Cheesy

Sure it is Cheesy but who would be bothered by psycho-kid barking around Cheesy Especially that account was registered to defend CM ... all those strange Newbie accounts defending CM looks very strange. Just too many of them to be considered legit and reasonable voice.
No interest in BTT before and now lot of commenting from noobs claiming CM is good. hmmm.
qf3l3k

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:28:54 AM

Yes. I don't have enough funds on the exchange to fight over myself but am willing to pool resources to make life very uncomfortable for scammers.

I'm in as well.
zen83m

Activity: 119
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:07:10 AM

News on the site
News
About the down time ,

Now issue with hosting , hosting complained about a lot of fraud report from users about our service . We find this really hard to explain , it is clear that not even a single coin has moved from our wallets , and once again we are here to stay ,

We have not even released 10% of our road map , there is a lot of new future to be added in the nearest future.
Servers issues
Time : 2018-01-03
We have few servers issue we are working on fixing them , all should be back to normal soon,

So, what was so hard to explain to hosting?
The fact that they cut-off people from withdrawing coins from their systems?
If it is so legit as they claim to be I don't see any issue to explain that to hosting... especially that hosting company, which hosts servers should back their statements and confirm servers outage.

They were reading all posts on BTT and chatbox, so was that a problem to make statement when they seen that people are going to report them?

I still think it's all to keep people away from chasing them and at this point they got afraid.

Why they can't uncover names of team members like legit projects do?
Just sad story blaming users for CM failures.

Pathetic post from thieves.

i think the patethic one here is you, why dont u make yourself an exchange and see how hard to make it work! Get a life!

Fiesty  Cheesy

Sure it is Cheesy but who would be bothered by psycho-kid barking around Cheesy Especially that account was registered to defend CM ... all those strange Newbie accounts defending CM looks very strange. Just too many of them to be considered legit and reasonable voice.
No interest in BTT before and now lot of commenting from noobs claiming CM is good. hmmm.

lol 1st i dont use too much this site, if i want information i try to go to twitter or facebook, if not this is another alternative to get information! And 2nd i'm not cliaming nothing, it's only that people like you are absurd, it's like that cant wait when someone are preparing a coffe for you but u can even wait a few minute before its ready! btw i'm not english mothertounge
abahcoin

Activity: 657
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 10:25:44 AM

Good bye coinsmarkets, good bye my coins in coinsmarkets.
my coin in coinsmarkets I have considered a donation to the coinsmarket staff, my coin in coinsmarkets equivalent $ 4500

●                     T H O U   F i n a n c e     || |  |   |    High APY Yields                     ●
●            ████  ███  ██  █   THOU FARM   █  ██  ███  ████            ●

●            [ UNISWAP THOU - ETH ]  Whitepaper  ●  Telegram  ●  Discord            ●
marvel213

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 10:33:54 AM

Where's FBI?  Where's police?  They are giving out parking tickets and eating donuts.  Roll Eyes

About the down time ,

First let us explain what is coinsmarkets , we are based on 2 investor , 1 admin , 1 coder , 2 senior support and 4 general support .
In November last year 1 of senior support left the team , It is hard enough to hire a new one , this work is based on a lot of trust , so we still waiting for correct condidat .
Now let's move to the issue , in December we experienced a lot of new users and huge volume , we were ready for double or even triple volume but in our case it was 10x +.
From here all kind of problem start with servers ,
Now add to that the last senior support remaining have some family issue and was forced to be off  most of the time .
In addition to all that there was some db corruption issue we faced due to the overload and later hosting issue.
So a lot of work to do with a lot of missing stuff.
Please understand that in exchange you can't just go and hire someone and trust him millions of dollars .
We are sorry for lack of comunication about issue we have thought that people already trust us enough , and we invested 100% of time in restoring the site .
A week ago we started negoation with new host that can accept similar service , we initiated the move ,
The Database was fixed yesterday night .
Now remain to setup new servers , few fix here and there and service will be restored ,
We write our news only in coinsmarkets news section , any twitter , chat msg etc is a scam ,
Again Official Coinsmarkets message are written only in coinsmarkets news section .

These guys have millions of dollars of people's money on hold and this is their excuse after 2 weeks of no response and a broken website.

Coinsmarketcap removed coinsmarkets out of their site.
criptic

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:02:41 AM

they have one choise. compeletly close and get all cryptos. because nobody trust them anymore. they never re open the site back. nobody invest anymore and they know it. if you were them would you give cryptos back? i dont think so.

forget your coins tokens from now on. i ve lost too many coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 201 »
  Print  

Jump to: