Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:08:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 265 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official Anoncoin chat thread (including history)  (Read 530463 times)
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 01:38:32 AM

Any news in the world of ANC? Amongst the altcoins ANC seems to be holding up fairly well in a rather bearish market.

New client (and codebase) soon ready for deployment. Also testing some possible services we have developed/set up. (maybe VPN with access to TOR/I2P sites transparent, and anonymous poker. The vpn is in testing now, how good it scales etc.) I won't say more for sure before I can promise it. However, this is the first "announcement" of it. Just been talked on IRC about it earlier  Smiley

One of the developers of zerocoin replied to one of our tweets, so I'm gonna write a mail to him and see what we can do with zerocoin.

On the other hand it's a little talk about maybe implement CoinJoin as well, intregrated in a way that it is in no need of a external server, but can lookup "rooms" within the client, distributed by the client itself.. Also, this is just me telling what's been mentioned on IRC, no public statement.

Zerocoin would require for example a DHT system anyway, because the 'coin spend' zero knowledge proofs are somewhat too large for the blockchain itself.

I'll update this thread when I know more  Smiley

That's exactly what I was wanting to hear, and that's exactly the kind of services a *real* cryptocurrency needs! Exciting stuff!

I agree, very very exciting stuff!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zambient

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 02:13:23 PM

Why does the OSX version not work?
openssl linking.

The Anoncoin-Qt executable clearly points to the right directory.
Code:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

However, it still try to look for libssl.1.0.0.dylib and libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib in /opt/local/lib, which is a macports directory.

Easy workaround for the OSX version until openssl is fixed

Open the Terminal.app application. You find it under Applications -> Utilities

This assumes that you got Anoncoin-Qt.app installed in your Applications folder.

Then type the following commands:
Code:
sudo mkdir -p /opt/local/lib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib  /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Note: You will be asked for your mac account password to do administrative operations.. sudo = "Super user(Administrator) do"

The first command will create the folder, the two next will make a "shortcut/link" to the libraries inside Anoncoin-Qt.app.

I removed my /opt/local/lib/ folder temporary, then I did the commands above and Anoncoin opens.

Other news

I plan release new binaries tomorrow. Probably for all Operating Systems. Including Linux (i386/x64)

I hope the Mac OS X version is fixed by then, if not, the workaround above should fix it without any need of extra installation of applications etc. And should take no disk space at all. Sorry for this problem. If the next build won't fix it, we'll continue until it works Smiley

to do this does mac ports need to be installed? because im still getting
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: libboost_system.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_filesystem.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Hmm.. That file is there, just double checked the dmg file.

Try:

Code:
sudo cp /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/* /opt/local/

Hi. I tried these but I'm still unable to run the mac client, same error
BroTroxer

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 05:01:52 PM

openssl linking.

Code:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
@executable_path/../Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

However, it still try to look for libssl.1.0.0.dylib and libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib in /opt/local/lib, which is a macports directory.

This assumes that you got Anoncoin-Qt.app installed in your Applications folder.

Code:
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
sudo ln -sf /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib  /opt/local/lib/libssl.1.0.0.dylib

Note: You will be asked for your mac account password to do administrative operations.. sudo = "Super user(Administrator) do"

The first command will create the folder, the two next will make a "shortcut/link" to the libraries inside Anoncoin-Qt.app.

I removed my /opt/local/lib/ folder temporary, then I did the commands above and Anoncoin opens.

Other news

I plan release new binaries tomorrow. Probably for all Operating Systems. Including Linux (i386/x64)

I hope the Mac OS X version is fixed by then, if not, the workaround above should fix it without any need of extra installation of applications etc. And should take no disk space at all. Sorry for this problem. If the next build won't fix it, we'll continue until it works Smiley

Dyld Error Message:
  Referenced from: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libboost_filesystem.dylib

Try:

Code:

Hi, I've been battling this issue myself using Mac OS X 10.8.x. There does not seem to be any perfect solution but could you try this one? I believe this is what solved it on my install.

Code:
sudo cp /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/* /usr/lib/
sudo ln -sf /usr/lib/ /opt/local/lib/
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

:)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 06:28:40 PM

RE: OSX

I've started a new build environment for Mac OS X, hoping to solve this now.

--

Other news,

Patched the master-0.8 with some bitcoin patches
* Made RPC password resistant to timing attacks, CVE-2013-4165. Thanks to Gavin.
* Fixed a issue so the client now only create signatures with even S, and verification mode to check. Thanks to Sipa.

DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2013, 11:23:23 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2013, 01:40:18 AM by DiCE1904

openssl linking.

Code:

Code:

Other news

Dyld Error Message:

Try:

Code:

Hi, I've been battling this issue myself using Mac OS X 10.8.x. There does not seem to be any perfect solution but could you try this one? I believe this is what solved it on my install.

Code:

interesting, i tried the code that you posted and got this:

cp: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework is a directory (not copied).
cp: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework is a directory (not copied).
cp: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework is a directory (not copied).

but then Anoncoin opened!
Hopefully it is able to download the full block chain

Actually now nothing else will open except Anoncoin.

everything crashes and gives me the error:
Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
  Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/C/AppKit
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
   /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

BroTroxer

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 07:53:17 AM

openssl linking.

Code:

Code:

Other news

Dyld Error Message:

Try:

Code:

Code:

interesting, i tried the code that you posted and got this:

cp: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtCore.framework is a directory (not copied).
cp: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtGui.framework is a directory (not copied).
cp: /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/QtNetwork.framework is a directory (not copied).

but then Anoncoin opened!
Hopefully it is able to download the full block chain

Actually now nothing else will open except Anoncoin.

everything crashes and gives me the error:
Dyld Error Message:

Sorry, my bad. I didn't notice other apps crashing until you informed of this issue. I experience the same behavior. Here's a quick fix for you. It will restore the overwritten libz files for 10.8.4. I just checked that the crashing apps, and anoncoin wallet works as they should after restoring these files.

Code:
cd --
mkdir librestore
cd librestore
curl -O http://home.himolde.no/~romfo/lib.tar.gz
tar -xjf lib.tar.gz
sudo cp usr/lib/libz.* /usr/lib/
BroTroxer

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 08:27:07 AM

This post sums up the temporary fix for OS X 10.8.x until a compatible release is out.

If Anoncoin-Qt crashes at launch on Mac OS X 10.8.x follow these steps.

Code:
sudo cp -n /Applications/Anoncoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/* /usr/lib/

The output should say:

You should now be able to start Anoncoin-Qt.

In case you tried an early fix you might have an issue with other apps crashing with the output shown below:

Dyld Error Message:

To fix this issue, go through these steps.

Code:
cd --
mkdir librestore
cd librestore
tar -xjf lib.tar.gz
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 10:02:28 AM

This post sums up the temporary fix for OS X 10.8.x until a compatible release is out.

Code:

The output should say:

In case you tried an early fix you might have an issue with other apps crashing with the output shown below:

Dyld Error Message:

Code:
cd --
mkdir librestore
cd librestore
tar -xjf lib.tar.gz
why not cp -R ? is it intentionally that those 3 folders arrent copied over?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
meeh (OP)

Activity: 490

:)

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2013, 10:06:10 AM

Apparently not needed in 10.8 on that path. I guess Qt work as it should, however libz and openssl seems to be the problem atm.

Anyway cp -R too would do the trick too Smiley

BroTroxer

View Profile
September 05, 2013, 12:52:09 PM

Code:

The output should say:

Dyld Error Message:

Code:
cd --
mkdir librestore
cd librestore
tar -xjf lib.tar.gz

Yes intentional as they are not needed in /opt/local/lib/. We mainly need the libboost* and openssl* dylib files. libz should NOT be overwritten (hence the cp -n correction) as it destroys most other 3rd party apps running on mac os.
Not easy to tame the mountain lion.
DiCE1904
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2013, 11:38:04 AM

Got the mac version to open, thank you very much  Grin

BroTroxer

View Profile
September 06, 2013, 03:50:42 PM

Got the mac version to open, thank you very much  Grin

Excellent. It is our pleasure to be of assistance when we get such great feedback on the issues/errors. We thank you for your patience in resolving this matter.
xchrix

Activity: 905
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:52:03 AM

how far is your zerocoin implementation?
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 11:03:39 AM

Was just coming here to ask the same thing. Any updates?

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
BroTroxer

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:13:44 PM

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.
branefreez

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:30:56 PM

It's still in an early stage. The first part will be implementing the early alpha of Zerocoin into the Anoncoin testnet, then comes the testing to discover bugs within Zerocoin itself that the Zerocoin devs will be working on. I would not expect a fully working zerocoin implementation until the end of the year at best. If it works flawlessly the first time around (personally I believe there's a ~1% chance of that happening) it would probably be complete during november.
I wish you luck on the implementation of Zerocoin into Anoncoin! I'd be happy to be a beta-tester for you!
Also, I notice that on http://faucet.anoncoin.net that it tells us how many nodes are online (top-right corner). Is it possible to have a page that gives us a list of nodes that are online to connect to? I would find that very helpful to get more peers when connections are low! Smiley
BroTroxer

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:46:43 PM

I wish you luck on the implementation of Zerocoin into Anoncoin! I'd be happy to be a beta-tester for you!
Also, I notice that on http://faucet.anoncoin.net that it tells us how many nodes are online (top-right corner). Is it possible to have a page that gives us a list of nodes that are online to connect to? I would find that very helpful to get more peers when connections are low! Smiley

Thanks, we sure do appreciate all resources contributed to the project. I will send you a notice when the alpha/beta testing begins.
Great idea. I can't promise it will be up and running right away as everyone is busy at the moment, but we'll look into getting a list of active nodes up and running asap.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 07:50:57 PM

Thanks, we sure do appreciate all resources contributed to the project. I will send you a notice when the alpha/beta testing begins.
Great idea. I can't promise it will be up and running right away as everyone is busy at the moment, but we'll look into getting a list of active nodes up and running asap.
I will PM you when I find some time about ideas on contributing to the project...
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 09:11:09 PM

Zerocoin happening already!?
 https://github.com/meeh420/anoncoin/tree/master-0.8/zerocoin

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 10:37:07 PM

This + CoinJoin is the reason I sold all MEC Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 265 »
  Print  

Jump to: