Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:25:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631710 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 07:01:09 PM

@Face,

WOW!

I really can't believe the talent this coin is attracting.  I have never seen this with any other coin.

And I can't believe you actually made an already beautiful design even more beautiful, I didn't think that was possible.  But you added another dimension to it, you refined it.

I can't even pick one, I love them all, even the "sinister" one.

Thank you, brother!  I hope you had a chance to buy some IXC.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
lukeconnell

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 10:12:59 PM

Hey Guys

I took a stab at the iXcoin "coin logo"

It seems the community is leaning towards the red versions that I was presented with. That said that is the first design direction I went with.

A few things to keep in mind. Red and Black first of all, are my favorite colors. Problem with this color combination is that it generally gives off a "aggressive" "powerful" and some times "evil" feel.

I realize that a re brand / rebirth of this coin is the main goal, along with mass acceptance, and the ability to do good. So we may want to stay away from such sinister colors. A better direction maybe a more modern approach with a modern color palette and modern feel. "Soft and pastel'ly" is what I call it. Smiley This will not only aid in acceptance, but make it a lot easier to design around and keep the "brand" uniform.

Aside from the red and black version being my favorite. My next favorite would be the bottom most coin. It is simple, with a horizon type gradient, that feels more "today"

In any event take a look at the examples and let me know your thoughts. I'm a seasoned freelance graphic designer (10+ yrs) So I'm well past the point of being in love with anything I design... so I won't get all butt hurt over some constructive criticism Cheesy

Hi.

You designs are nice. I think they would serve as a great foundation for any 3D printed iXcoin using 100% recyclable plastic with the address on the plastic coin. Could work something like this: http://www.titanbtc.com/what-is-a-titan-bitcoin/

Certainly has potential.

Regards, Luke.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2014, 11:13:13 PM

LUUUUUUKE,

You're here.  Any updates on the website launch and the new Wallets?

Love the Social Hub, best in class!!!

Dexter44

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:04:41 AM

Did you know about e-cointrade.com ?

IXC is among the supported coins.

What eCoinTrade is?

eCoinTrade is an Digital Automatic Multi-market Platform for people and business to buy and sell digital currencies around the world.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:28:44 AM

Did you know about e-cointrade.com ?

IXC is among the supported coins.

What eCoinTrade is?

eCoinTrade is an Digital Automatic Multi-market Platform for people and business to buy and sell digital currencies around the world.

Sounds like just another exchange to me.  There's like 100 of them now so I don't think it's a big deal.  But we should get on most of them for more exposure.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 12:55:42 AM

Don't you all think it's very odd that we're so close to a major and massive relaunch and Friction has all but disappeared?

He was one of the few as gung-ho as me about iXcoin and now it's as if he's lost his interest or something.  I don't understand what's going on, he was very active and then, a few days ago he just dropped off the radar.

It's bad enough we hardly ever see Luke, now friction is a ghost.

What kind of crappy relaunch are we gonna have with the 2 main devs hardly ever here?

lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 02:20:49 AM

Don't you all think it's very odd that we're so close to a major and massive relaunch and Friction has all but disappeared?

He was one of the few as gung-ho as me about iXcoin and now it's as if he's lost his interest or something.  I don't understand what's going on, he was very active and then, a few days ago he just dropped off the radar.

It's bad enough we hardly ever see Luke, now friction is a ghost.

What kind of crappy relaunch are we gonna have with the 2 main devs hardly ever here?

Take a chill pill Vlad.

I've updated the social hub with an alternative chat platform. It leaves less room for the social feed and also doesn't allow for random guest chatters. That's an issue I think. Not everyone wants to signin with their facebook or google, on the other hand, those that do will be better mannered and well behaved.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 04:21:36 AM

Hey guys, these beautiful coin designs are kind of bare.

We need a Latin phrase like you see on all monetary units.

Feel free to suggest any and we'll take a vote.

Here's one I came up with:

Pulsus Gladiis Socus

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 05:10:46 AM

I would have to vote for the Red and Black one myself.  Looks like what the coin should be trying to represent.  Just woke up, and ready to fight (Takeover).

I don't think Latin Phrases should be on the coin.  It's exclusionary.   You want the coin to be open and accepted by as many people as possible World wide.  Think how Americans would accept a coin with Russian type fonts, or Islamic fonts. 

Look at these 3 and ask yourself, would an average American like these on their coins?

English - The Coin is Number One

Arabic  -  عملة هو رقم واحد

Russian - Moнeтa имeeт нoмep oдин

Chinese - 硬幣是頭號

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 05:49:57 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 06:59:26 AM by Vlad2Vlad

I would have to vote for the Red and Black one myself.  Looks like what the coin should be trying to represent.  Just woke up, and ready to fight (Takeover).

I don't think Latin Phrases should be on the coin.  It's exclusionary.   You want the coin to be open and accepted by as many people as possible World wide.  Think how Americans would accept a coin with Russian type fonts, or Islamic fonts.  

Look at these 3 and ask yourself, would an average American like these on their coins?

Arabic  -  عملة هو رقم واحد

Chinese - 硬幣是頭號

Seriously?  You don't think Russians, Chinese and Indians like the US dollar or the Euro?

Maybe you don't know this but Latin is called the Universal language.  That's why it's the basis for LAW, Math and science taught anywhere in the world.

I think we should do it as it gives the coin a purpose and identity and I've never seen anyone not like a currency cause it has latin on it:  Bitcoin being a great example.

You don't see bitcoin having issues in China, America, Russia, etc.

Cause unlike the languages you listed, Latin is a dead language, it's nobody's language and so there's nothing to be offended by.  It's classy, historic and it adds meaning.

I'm ok either way - but I'd like to see more opinions on the matter.

Luke and Friction as well.  Whatever is decided by the group is OK with me.

disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:19:47 AM

I would have to vote for the Red and Black one myself.  Looks like what the coin should be trying to represent.  Just woke up, and ready to fight (Takeover).

I don't think Latin Phrases should be on the coin.  It's exclusionary.   You want the coin to be open and accepted by as many people as possible World wide.  Think how Americans would accept a coin with Russian type fonts, or Islamic fonts. 

Arabic  -  عملة هو رقم واحد

Chinese - 硬幣是頭號

It would actually be incredibly cool if it had one of all these fonts. It would make the coin truly international. But perhaps it wouldn't fly with the Americans although they are a mix of everybody but tend toward assimilating all difference into English and their way of life. (Life, Lack of Liberty and the utopian right to something as blurry as happiness, a euphemism for unbridled capitalism)
Dexter44

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 07:35:36 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 10:07:32 AM by Dexter44

Up to now we can buy/sell iXcoin on:

www.Vircurex.com
www.Cryptsy.com
www.c-cex.com (20th february fully operative)
www.openex.pw  (very soon, we won - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449473.0 )
www.cex.io (only for gh/s for now, but contemplating the idea of trading)
http://cryptotc.us/market#2CH (a multi- market platform)
www.e-cointrade.com (a multi- market platform)
www.poloniex.com (very soon - you can contact them here poloniex@gmail.com)

Plus...

www.mintpal.com   ----> Please vote for ixcoin:
https://www.mintpal.com/voting

www.swisscex.com ---> Please vote here: http://swisscex.uservoice.com/forums/238010-general/suggestions/5518882-please-add-ixcoin-one-of-the-four-coins-mined-by-

www.beedui.com (chinese exchange) ---> Please ask them to add iXcoin sending an email to: beedui@foxmail.com

www.mcxnow.com ---> Please ask them to add iXcoin sending an email here mcxnow.exchange@gmail.com

PS Coin Ticker app has been updated to the last iXcoin logo
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 08:09:45 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 08:36:30 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Have you guys seen the nerve centre tab for the new site?  Luke did another update and I'm effing speechless.

At first I was blown away cause it looks great and he's even got top notch ads already running on there, from gyft, Ameritrade and others but then I looked again at the sub tabs.

And all I have to say is:  WTF??!!!!!

I have no words.  It is absolutely so complete in every way.  

YOU NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE this website.  It even has a login for your account balances for Cryptsy and bter under tools.

There are all kind of useful  productivity and tracking tools and a way to track top traders and all the coins being traded on the planet by order of profit and it even has a currency arbitrage tool.  WOOOOWWW!

What in the world is happening here - this is just unreal, 100 times better than I expected from even a professional firm.

You guys have to understand, I had high expectations for this site and of Luke and I'm fucking blown away so much that I have to curse just to make things right.

If I had been given 6 months to come up with such a comprehensive site, and a ton of cash - and I have a great imagination - just the nerve centre alone is much more than what I could have dreamt up.

It is so complete and functional and beautiful on every level, and so easy to use, that I'm speechless.  I've been trading with Ameritrade Apex for 10+ years and this site puts them to shame.  

Absolutely unreal, LUKE!!!!!!

People have no idea what's coming when they see this iXcoin website.  It's gonna take the media by fucking storm.  I just had to curse again.  Fuck!  I hate doing that but how can mere dictionary words do this any justice?  

lol, seriously, it is that good!!!

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:21:50 AM

Yep I am aware of that.  Lol, after some looking around, I did see someone made a Bitcoin logo with Latin on it.  Never noticed that before.

Do what you want with it though, it was just a suggestion.

Not quite sure if I have that saying down though.  According to Google Translate, your Latin slogan is "Driven Swords are suitable".  Is that the correct meaning?  Or is there another meaning, or did Google Translate screw up??

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 08:25:57 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2014, 08:39:13 AM by Vlad2Vlad

Yep I am aware of that.  Lol, after some looking around, I did see someone made a Bitcoin logo with Latin on it.  Never noticed that before.

Do what you want with it though, it was just a suggestion.

Not quite sure if I have that saying down though.  According to Google Translate, your Latin slogan is "Driven Swords are suitable".  Is that the correct meaning?  Or is there another meaning, or did Google Translate screw up??

Google translate sucks as it only uses modern words.  Latin is very ancient.

But we probably do need an expert as Latin meanings can have double meanings and so forth.

But what I tried to spell out is:  Beat Swords into Plowshares.

I did verify the Latin words online but various translators will give you different meanings so if we do go with a Latin phrase we would have to verify it so we don't look foolish.

As for BTC, I've only been around for 8 months and I saw a Latin phrase on it from day one.  So it's a common thing to do but like I said, if Luke et al decide not to I don't want to push for anything the group as a whole doesn't want.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:31:12 PM

iXcoin 0.8.6 beta for Windows ready for testing:

Download here:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ixcoin-ng/files/iXcoin/ixcoin-0.8.6/beta/

Enjoy!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
raskul

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 10:39:55 PM

Download here:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ixcoin-ng/files/iXcoin/ixcoin-0.8.6/beta/

Enjoy!

on it like a rash!

thanks.

ADD: i'm getting an early night, got an early start in the morning so i'll let it update to the network, and all being well (looks good so far) i'll send Luke his coinage back tomorrow!!!

wahey!!!

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
iampingu

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 11:08:18 PM

Download here:  https://sourceforge.net/projects/ixcoin-ng/files/iXcoin/ixcoin-0.8.6/beta/

Enjoy!

lukeconnell

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2014, 12:07:23 AM

Enjoy!

Hi,

How easy is it to change the application icon and the taskbar icons from a red dot with a white letter I to the new red or black ring with IXC in the middle?

Regards, Luke.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:10:17 AM

Enjoy!

Hi,

How easy is it to change the application icon and the taskbar icons from a red dot with a white letter I to the new red or black ring with IXC in the middle?

Regards, Luke.

The icons can be found here:  https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/iXcoin/tree/master/src/qt/res/icons

They just need to be updated.

Then we can perform another build.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: