Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:28:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:11:14 AM

A competely updated client is a fork.  That's why everyone should switch over.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
SuperZeus

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:20:35 AM

I take it that Dogecoin's only problem was that a lot of miners didn't like the new client and continued using the old one? Strange that they didn't realize what would happen, they must have had a lot of people new to mining.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:41:09 AM

I take it that Dogecoin's only problem was that a lot of miners didn't like the new client and continued using the old one? Strange that they didn't realize what would happen, they must have had a lot of people new to mining.

I'm not so sure, if you can set up a miner then you understand what a hard fork is.  I'm the least techie and I understood what a fork was my first month here.

I'm not sure what happened with doge but I never read about any fork issues.  Usually there are some minor bugs which get worked out right away.

tazman

Activity: 185
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 06:26:16 AM

A new client doesn't always create a fork.  It only happens if the new client changes the rules for adding new blocks.  Because then the new and old clients are each working by a different set of rules.  So when you get to a block that one client allows and the other rejects you get a fork. 

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:46:46 AM

A new client doesn't always create a fork.  It only happens if the new client changes the rules for adding new blocks.  Because then the new and old clients are each working by a different set of rules.  So when you get to a block that one client allows and the other rejects you get a fork. 

I'd like to hear friction on this.  I thought any major code update resulted in a fork.

Friction?

tazman

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:01:52 AM

A competely updated client is a fork.  That's why everyone should switch over.

A new client doesn't always create a fork.  It only happens if the new client changes the rules for adding new blocks.  Because then the new and old clients are each working by a different set of rules.  So when you get to a block that one client allows and the other rejects you get a fork.  

I'd like to hear friction on this.  I thought any major code update resulted in a fork.

Friction?

In this case, since there is such a big jump in the version it would cause a fork IF all features are added at once.  But the dev could also disable features which cause a fork until all the pools have upgraded.  Then another release could go out to add those final security features which will cause a fork.  It's safer to do it in phases so you don't introduce as many changes at once, but it also requires at least two releases.  I'm not sure which strategy Friction was planning.
tazman

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 07:08:18 AM

I tell you the situation:
- we have a windows wallet 0.8.6, but it's a work to be finished properly: logo and proper testing.
- we have a new website, but it needs I don't know what to be put online;
- we have many websites still pointing to the unavailable ixcoin.org;
- we have many, especially in china, believing IXC is dead because ixcoin.org is dead;
- we have a mac wallet 0.8.6, but I don't know if It can be considered out of beta.
- we have no real network of shops;
- we have not a diversified number of pools;
- we did not have any real press release;
- we have not a stable original developer;
- we have not received the promised bounties from the original developer;
- we have not a serious participation of all the community;
- we don't have donations;
- we don't organise any real giveaway;
- we are not hitting media attention;
- we have no app promoting IXCoin on cellphones;
- we do not have a foundation;
- we do not have real investors supporting the coin;
- we are not on important exchanges like BTC-e or BTC38;
- we are not able to give financial support to our developers (we are in Beta test of 0.8.6 while Bitcoin 0.9 is approaching https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495683.0)
- we have only one thing: total absence of marketing.

Any idea what we can do during this 6 months? E.g. Get IXC on Mintpal exchange: it looks really promising.

Website.  I'm not too worried about that.  I think we're well on our way to a nice website.  

Foundation.    I thought Luke was the foundation :-)   Actually, I think 'foundation' is just another way of saying dev team, but it's easy to add the word foundation to the website.

Marketing.  I think iXcoin has come along way from complete silence a year ago.   Now there is daily conversation here, there's a Reddit page, a forum and some twitter accounts.  But we still need to take it further.

Shops.  We need to work on that.

Wallet.  I think the wallet is the most urgent thing we should work on.  We are still using the one from years ago.

Funding.  How much do we need just for the wallet upgrade to 0.8.6, without any colored coins added.  I think we are 95% there already.  Adding the logo is just cosmetic and is an easy fix.  Has anyone asked pools if they have tried merged mining?  Getting the pools to accept the update is the key.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:41:51 AM

Regarding the Foundation.

I agree with Dexter that at some point we do need to form a foundation.  I'd like to know how many board members Bitcoin's foundation has.  We should use their protocol since I'm sure a lot of planning went into it.

The reason is that at some point big decisions have to be made [and funded] regarding iXcoin and its protocol.  And it's gonna take a long time if we have open debates with everyone on the planet.  But if we a foundation then they would make the decisions via open majority vote which expedites all decision making.

The people on the foundation would obviously be those who have the most vested interest as those people will automatically want to vote in the best interest of iXcoin.  And it doesn't have to be all large holders, it could also be people who have invested a lot of time and effort into iXcoin.

For example, I would cast my vote to put Luke on the foundation board even though his iXcoin holdings are among the lowest here.  So one does not have to be rich to be involved in iXcoin or to land a seat on the foundation.

Likewise, if someone, such as myself, put it all on the line and is heavily invested in iXcoin, that would also be a good reason to have a voice, a vote on the Board, and such a person would always vote for the best interest of iXcoin since he would have the most at risk, financially, so that would also be a good choice for a board member.

Off the top of my head I'd say we need at least 5, maybe 7 or 9 board members, but I would still like to hear how many Bitcoin has.  It should be an odd number so a majority vote can more easily be reached.

So maybe we should get some votes going, I don't see why we can't form a foundation now.

My Vote is going to Luke.  

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 07:57:53 AM

One more thing.  

Even though Thomas is an asshole I vote to give him an automatic seat on the foundation.  Not the chairman title as he's not active enough but it feels only right to grant him a seat on the board.  That's my personal feeling.

So that would be 2 seats already, Luke and Thomas.  And 3 if there are no hard objections for myself, given I'm probably the biggest investor in iXcoin and I've been the biggest [vocal] believer for the longest amount of time, even longer than the dev himself.  

I don't think anyone on earth whole heartedly believes more than me in this coin and I also believe my long term views about this coin align well with the majority of the holders.  I'm also outspoken [and then some] and have no issue bringing up difficult subject matters should the need arise.

In other words, I'm the perfect asshole you'd want on a board which could someday be taken over by the self interests of the ever rising status quo.

So it's obvious 5 seats are not enough - we need more diversity so it's gonna have to be either 7 or 9.  And they don't all have to be chosen now but we should form this [Foundation] sooner than later as it won't ask for food.

So let's get some people voting on this as all the serious coins out there have a foundation - it brings stability to a coin, image-wise and decision-wise.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:28:24 AM

And as for the website.  

Can someone explain this bizarre behavior to me?

We're close to a massive relaunch, and Luke has built this unreal website.  I'm so thrilled that I'm besides myself.  The other people around here who should be as thrilled as me - instead all of a sudden disappear, and worse, don't even assist Luke in porting the site over to the correct domains (Friction and Thomas - dot co and dot org).

Thomas miraculously comes back and commits to pay the bounties he promised [last year] yet he hasn't even paid Luke or Friction yet and has once again vanished for no obvious reason and hasn't even given Luke access to the dot org site.

So we can't even get the website up in the right location because the dev has vanished and so has our supposed number one programmer.  

And the wallet.  The wallet was 95% done 2 months ago when I was still in Europe.  In the absence of Thomas I rallied support and bounties to pay for and get an updated client and to this day people complain it's not working and they can't find nodes.  It does not take 3+ months to do a client update.

So somebody tell me - what's going on here?  This makes no sense to me.  People who are financially vested and interested in iXcoin refuse to even show up and do a small amount of work to get us to the next level.

This feels like pure stalling or sabotage to me, but why; it makes no sense, we are in a crucial time race so wasting time will only hurt our chances.  

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:01:02 AM

Just a quick logo, based on water molecule: nothing is more universal then water.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/E

Interesting idea.

The same is true for Carbon, perhaps even more so.

SuperZeus

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:29:15 AM

I'm not so sure, if you can set up a miner then you understand what a hard fork is.  I'm the least techie and I understood what a fork was my first month here.

I'm not sure what happened with doge but I never read about any fork issues.  Usually there are some minor bugs which get worked out right away.

Doge fork, it didn't cause too many problems from what I can tell, but iXcoin could do without any unnecessary setbacks:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=478043.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472149.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=470978.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=471754.0

frobley

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:54:34 AM

Just a quick logo, based on water molecule: nothing is more universal then water.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/E

Interesting idea.

The same is true for Carbon, perhaps even more so.

yes, yes go for the carbon atom, 6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons.
associate ixcoin with the price of bitcoin via social media, which always is $666 whenever I look lately.

Wasn't ixcoin originally titled international exchange coin, or inter-exchange coin?
I did like that  Cheesy
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:42:17 PM

Funding.  How much do we need just for the wallet upgrade to 0.8.6, without any colored coins added.  I think we are 95% there already.  Adding the logo is just cosmetic and is an easy fix.  Has anyone asked pools if they have tried merged mining?  Getting the pools to accept the update is the key.

0.8.6 code should be fine with a few touch ups. 

Please have someone volunteer to improve the images found here:

https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/iXcoin/tree/master/src/qt/res/icons

and here:

https://github.com/FrictionlessCoin/iXcoin/tree/master/src/qt/res/images

Folks!  If you cannot contribute coin then at least contribute effort!

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:49:34 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2014, 02:06:55 PM by FrictionlessCoin

The original development plan remains the same,  that is when Bitcoin 0.8.7 is released (now called version 0.9.2) then it will be a month to upgrade the codebase that includes ColoredCoin functionality.

That has not changed.

However, I would like to add a new set of capabilities in the interim that may be very interesting.

There is a coin called CounterParty that works of the Bitcoin blockchain.

This plan is to port CounterParty to iXcoin.   There will be no-need to change the 0.8.6 client.  This is additional software to enable  iXcoin with the following additional capabilities:

https://www.counterparty.co/

These allows iXcoin to also work with 'exchange like' capabilities.

Let me know if there is any intersest in this project?

I am seeking 50,000 IXC for this to CounterParty port to be created.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
cl4ud1u

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:02:02 PM

Tommy, show Friction the money.

Do not let us down right now.

Yea.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:09:42 PM

Friction, 50,000 IXC, on top of The 30,000 (which Thomas hasn't paid yet) and the 20,000 I helped raise?

Isn't that steep for a client upgrade which involves a lot of cut and paste from existing coins who did all the innovation?

I do realize a lot of the 20,000 IXC went to things like website design and logo design.

I'm no programmer so maybe someone else can chime in as this could be a serious undertaking.

If Thomas is willing to pay that then I don't care, that's what the bounty is for.  As for the CounterParty code, I say the more functionality we can add to IXC the better, so go for it.

Thanks.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

Friction,

Can we get some nodes listed, I have people asking me for them.

And what's going on with Luke's website design?  It was ready some 5 days ago.  He's waiting for you and Thomas to port it over to the dot co and dot org domains.

Thanks.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:33:12 PM

Friction,

Can we get some nodes listed, I have people asking me for them.

And what's going on with Luke's website design?  It was ready some 5 days ago.  He's waiting for you and Thomas to port it over to the dot co and dot org domains.

Thanks.

The nodes are on the website:  http://www.ixcoin.co/?page_id=21 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:37:29 PM

Friction, 50,000 IXC, on top of The 30,000 (which Thomas hasn't paid yet) and the 20,000 I helped raise?

Isn't that steep for a client upgrade which involves a lot of cut and paste from existing coins who did all the innovation?

I do realize a lot of the 20,000 IXC went to things like website design and logo design.

I'm no programmer so maybe someone else can chime in as this could be a serious undertaking.

If Thomas is willing to pay that then I don't care, that's what the bounty is for.  As for the CounterParty code, I say the more functionality we can add to IXC the better, so go for it.

Thanks.

30,000 (Thomas) + 20,000 was for the 0.8.6 client upgrade.

50,000 IXC is for this new effort to port CounterParty.   If the community can't raise the funding then there's really no motivation for me to develop it.   Like most people,  my time is valuable and I do have a lot of other priorities.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Pages: « 1 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: