Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 200 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 458140 times)
wizkid057
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 03, 2012, 01:18:52 PM

CPPSRB will still have the 7-day timeout for inactivity, but, keep in mind that CPPSRB can still pay for old shares (extra credit under SMPPS) so, it can still take a while to go fully inactive.  After the system is up and running I do believe I will be replacing the timeout with an actual "no longer mining" timeout to get miners their balances when they stop mining, and when they are paid it will reset the timeout.  So, if they get any backpay, they'll get another payment in 7 days, etc.

-wk
I forgot that RB stood for recent backpay.  So in theory, it could pay all EC even for someone that hasn't mined in a year, but that is still nearly impossible, statistically speaking.  I like the idea of a mining timeout, although I'm not sure it it would be good to send out micropayments every 7 days.  That having been said, if it is still going to be "mined," maybe mining the micro amount won 't be as bad, and I think the client tries to minimize fees, nonetheless.
Mining small amounts doesn't cost anything, but I personally would be worried that a bunch of tiny micropayments for idle miners will hurt those miners when they go to spend it. I've recommended to wizkid057 that he reconsider this part of his plan, and only add such a rule if there's actually a problem left after we switch to CPPSRB; due to the CPPSRB algorithm, however, I expect the problem will simply go away without such an extra rule.

After discussing and thinking a bit more about it, Luke-Jr is correct and this probably won't be needed with CPPSRB.  I'll keep an eye on the situation and implement something if it appears to be needed.

Also it has been suggested that miner's have a way to simply request a payout of their unpaid balance at any time.  I plan on implementing such a system after I complete the CPPSRB code, which will solve the problem regardless.

-wk

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2012, 05:30:52 PM

That having been said, if it is still going to be "mined," maybe mining the micro amount won 't be as bad, and I think the client tries to minimize fees, nonetheless.
I personally would be worried that a bunch of tiny micropayments for idle miners will hurt those miners when they go to spend it.
We were saying basically the same thing here, but I worded it rather poorly.  My thought process was "it's not confirmed until 120 blocks when it's mined, so it's less likely to incur a fee, and the client should send out older transactions (and even newer, bigger transactions when appropriate) first."  Realistically, based on the formula for whether or not to require a fee, when it comes to micro-payments, there is no point in even thinking about it this way.  The send transaction fees are what I was concerned about, though, and I'm glad to see wizkid reconsidering this method.  Realistically, an extreme stroke of luck could cause old EC to turn into unpaid balance, but sending it out as a micropayment when it could happen again just after that payment seems awfully silly.  Considering that it wouldn't be the norm, though, and it wouldn't be a significant amount of BTC.  If we did switch to a "no longer mining" timeout, perhaps the best way to deal with it would be to not reset it, so that if additional backpay was earned after a payout, a miner could get it by mining one share to reset that timer themselves.  Unless active miners want to be able to request a less than .67..., I don't see any reason to add a payout trigger, as not submitting any more shares would be a legitimate request method.  I mean, unless it's unacceptable for the payout to be delayed 7 days after the request.
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 04:25:02 AM

Greetings once again, Eligius Miners!

So, I spent most of my weekend working on the CPPSRB code.  *phew*.... and its still not 100% done. Sad

HOWEVER, there is good news.  I have enough of the code done to get payouts caught up to the latest block, 000000000000025fd8c7f8447168e209ba93c6c42e2a422c57a105b92c450de8.

This will include carry over unpaid balances from SMPPS, also.  So far, since CPPSRB was defined enabled the pool has not had the luck to make any payments towards carry over SMPPS extra credit, which made it easier to get this payout list together since I didn't have to focus much on that code yet.

Now, the CPPSRB code is mostly working, however it needs a lot of polishing and some more testing before I'll feel good putting it in full-auto mode.

It also needs to produce the output needed to get the stats updated correctly.

So, still some work to be done, but at least I got enough done to get a payment list together.  Look for payments in the near future!

-wk

Edit: Almost forgot to include the list: http://pastebin.com/G5zPTmiD

Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, SAPPLNS, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Share Market (coming soon), Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 05:06:22 AM

Payouts sent!

https://blockchain.info/tx/b93c7e8cafb00b2203b99f739290e0322b4dbd400cc8d6e12a6b8ad124203dea

Thanks for your patience!  Going to finish this blasted CPPSRB code soon enough!

Smiley

-wk

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 06:37:44 PM

I have been paid. Thank you.
kislam

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 08:48:24 AM

Payouts sent!

https://blockchain.info/tx/b93c7e8cafb00b2203b99f739290e0322b4dbd400cc8d6e12a6b8ad124203dea

Thanks for your patience!  Going to finish this blasted CPPSRB code soon enough!

Smiley

-wk

Payments made only for account balance over 0.67, how about those with lower unpaid balances?

1PMHA7hyqqbcCbjMfwvKT4xEZ81EYasJze
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 11:08:06 AM

Payments made only for account balance over 0.67, how about those with lower unpaid balances?

Wait for wizkid to change the reward algorithm and start mining again to kick it loose.
(I have about 0.49 BTC tied up too)

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 02:22:13 PM

Wait for wizkid to change the reward algorithm and start mining again to kick it loose.
If you don't mine at Eligius anymore and don 't want to, I wouldn't recommed starting mining again to kick it loose until after all of the following:
1) 7+ days since last hash sent to Eligius
2) wizkid done with changes
3) automatic payments seen with a block (maybe even 2)

OTOH, if you intend to keep mining with Eligius, why wait until he's done?
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 03:42:17 PM

If you don't mine at Eligius anymore and don 't want to, I wouldn't recommed starting mining again to kick it loose until after all of the following:
1) 7+ days since last hash sent to Eligius
2) wizkid done with changes
3) automatic payments seen with a block (maybe even 2)

OTOH, if you intend to keep mining with Eligius, why wait until he's done?

First, no one with a reward under the minimum payout was paid yet because there were no miners who were inactive for more than 7 days at the time of payout. This is because SMPPS was deactivated less than 7 days before the payout and technically were still active because of SMPPS extra credit backpay trickling in.  Most likely anyone actually inactive for more than 7 days will be paid in the next payout.

CPPSRB is already in  full effect, so it doesnt matter if you stop or keep going or wait for me to finish the auto payout code and stats. Youll get paid for your work under CPPSRB from now on.

-wk

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2012, 08:28:30 PM

(PGP signed copy of the post below available here: http://pastebin.com/YeLqMaAV)

Greetings, Eligius Miners!

As you know, the reward system has been changed from SMPPS to CPPSRB.  You also should know that I've not fully completed the code for CPPSRB, but, I have most of it complete.  I wanted to give an official update on my progress so that you aren't left in the dark.

Lets list some things that are complete and working in the code as it stands:
  • CPPSRB Share Log - Keeps track of every share in order so that the exact shares to be paid are paid correctly according to the spec for the reward system
  • User Database - CPPSRB keeps it's own user database and track balances on the fly so that automatic payouts from the coinbase transaction are possible when the block is generated
  • Basic Coinbaser Output - The code is currently able to generate a list of payouts instantly for the exact moment the list is requested, which is needed for automatic payouts from the coinbase/generation transaction.  The current block's reward is included in this data immediately.
  • SMPPS Balances Imported - All balances and extra credit are carried over from the SMPPS reward system.  Unpaid balances are treated as earned, as they should be, and extra credit will be paid as possible under the CPPSRB spec. (For those who have read the CPPSRB information, the SMPPS extra credit is basically treated as unpaid shares submitted before the official start of CPPSRB, so, CPPSRB will pay out as much as possible based on pool luck.)
  • Minimum Payout/Inactivity Timeout Payout - Minimum payout code is implemented to add miners to the payout list as soon as they reach the minimum payout amount.  This could be from past blocks or from the current potential block at the moment the payout list is polled.  Miners who's balance has not increased in 7 or more days will be added to the payout list even if their balance is below the minimum payout. (This will pay off many SMPPS miners with balances below the minumum payout who have been waiting patiently likely in the next payout.)
  • Support for Variable Difficulty Shares - The CPPSRB setup, unlike the SMPPS setup, will have support for variable difficulty (> 1) shares.  This code is in place in the reward system, and that means that it can be activated for the pool in the future when needed/desired.
  • Must more, but these are the big ones

Now, there is more to do:
  • Payout verification - The CPPSRB code needs to verify payments to miners from the pool to make sure no one is overpaid/underpaid.  This code is still being tested extensively, because with realtime payout list generation there is little to no margin for error here.  This is also why I have automatic payouts currently disabled so that I can verify the payments are accurate manually while testing the code.
  • Orphan Block catching - Code needs to be able to see when a block gets orphaned as quickly as possible.  This will allow the shares that were originally paid by that block to be marked as unpaid again and any payments to those miners returned to their unpaid balance.  Otherwise, miner's would be losing out on shares for orphaned blocks and Eligius has always treated orphans as if they didn't exist as far as payouts go so that miners are never out potential rewards.
  • Stats File Updates - The CPPSRB code does not currently update the json data files (balances.json, (blockhash).json, etc) interpreted by wizstats for current balance and payout information.  This is why the balances shown on the stats pages have been incorrect since CPPSRB was implemented.  This is high on my priority list, so that stats can function once again and get miners at ease knowing that they are earning!
  • Code Optimizations/Long term details/etc: Currently at every restart of the CPPSRB code, it reprocesses EVERY share starting with the first share for when CPPSRB was announced active and runs until it calculates out all of the current balances and such.  Ideally, this data should be cached and loaded at startup to save resources, but, other items are higher priority.
  • Many more, but nothing too major.  Mostly features!

So, that's where it stands currently.  Technically, the code is very far along and just needs some finishing touches and a little more field testing to put into full duty (generating automatic payments, mainly).

I have less time during the work week to work on this project than I do on the weekends, so, I'm hoping that I have sufficient time between now and this Sunday to get the job done.  I know I said that last weekend, but, this is actually fairly complex code and it's taking a bit more effort to implement than I had originally anticipated.

I've now put in over 40 hours of development time into this project, so, I'm not slacking!  Grin  That said, this project is taking up a considerable amount of my free time, so, without begging, any donations are appreciated.  If it were not for my "real life" obligations (full time job and other such work) this code would have been done long ago, but, for purely financial reasons, I can't afford to dedicate more time to this project than I already have been.  I hope everyone understands.

Also, I will likely process another manual payout soon unless I get the automatic payment code in place in the next day or so.  I don't want miners going too long without a payment, but, I also don't want to constantly do the work for a manual payout for only a short list of miners who have the minimum payout amount.

Thank you all for your support of the pool!  I can't wait to have this all up and running completely!

-wk

CPPSRB work donations: 1CPPSRBAhYcYtLN7Y6n1KcwhF49VwMtptT

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2012, 08:59:15 PM

Making progress!

I've gotten most of the payout verification stuff done, as well as state to/from disk code going to make dev a bit quicker.

Next on my list is the stats output (pool's json stats files used by stats pages and such) so that the stats will work again! Smiley

After that its on to orphan block verification code, and then on to more verification tests to make sure its ready for production.

Definitely on track for full working implementation sometime tomorrow if all continues to go well.  Stay tuned.

On a side note, its time to get back in gear and to start getting more miners on board.  Tell your friends and get us more hash power! Cheesy

-wk

legitnick

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2012, 09:12:50 PM

Making progress!

I've gotten most of the payout verification stuff done, as well as state to/from disk code going to make dev a bit quicker.

Next on my list is the stats output (pool's json stats files used by stats pages and such) so that the stats will work again! Smiley

After that its on to orphan block verification code, and then on to more verification tests to make sure its ready for production.

Definitely on track for full working implementation sometime tomorrow if all continues to go well.  Stay tuned.

On a side note, its time to get back in gear and to start getting more miners on board.  Tell your friends and get us more hash power! Cheesy

-wk
Sweet  Grin

5 BITCOIN RAFFLE GIVEAWAY
"I dont lift" - Lord Furrycoat
kuzetsa

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 03:42:26 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2012, 04:06:10 AM by kuzetsa

First, no one with a reward under the minimum payout was paid yet because there were no miners who were inactive for more than 7 days at the time of payout.
((...snip...))

1KiUv3P3YCvvE2qPVhVyJQNLUdEm98TUsU --- address which hasn't mined on eligius in over a month. Just an example.

Curious when your current ETA for "inactive payout" to be sent in a timely way, correctly entering a queue state or however you want to paint things with a brush of "sure, but no... well technically... uh..."

More excuses is all I see from this pool's management.

Edited  to add:

just asked gribble bitcoin ircbot via:

;;bc,eligius

... shouldn't this thread title show 154 GH/s or is gribble just wrong due to API changes?
wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 03:59:14 AM

First, no one with a reward under the minimum payout was paid yet because there were no miners who were inactive for more than 7 days at the time of payout.
((...snip...))

1KiUv3P3YCvvE2qPVhVyJQNLUdEm98TUsU --- address which hasn't mined on eligius in over a month. Just an example.

Curious when your current ETA for "inactive payout" to be sent in a timely way, correctly entering a queue state or however you want to paint things with a brush of "sure, but no... well technically... uh..."

No excuses.  Let me try and clear this up.  Here is what was happening under SMPPS:
  • You start mining.
  • You mine X shares.
  • SMPPS retains some of these share's value because the pool has been unlucky recently, and SMPPS distributes that burden across all miners, past, present, and future.... which sucks.
  • So, as you mine, you get a percentage of your shares paid to your balance, and a percentage awarded as extra credit.
  • If you stop mining, you still have extra credit accumulated.
  • When the pool finds any block under SMPPS, your share of the extra credit is awarded to your balance.  This is activity under SMPPS.  So, you are not inactive.

That above is how SMPPS works.  Not CPPSRB.

Now, I declared CPPSRB in effect as of block 00000000000000c1dc82ebf3e5f3829d3247fd03471612f2a4e0f234b75a660d (10/30).

At this point, control of balances went to CPPSRB.  SMPPS balances and extra credit were carried over.  Now, since SMPPS is no longer making micro-payments to users for extra credit, these miners who are actually inactive (ie, not sending shares to Eligius) will actually end up inactive 7 days after CPPSRB was activated, since as of right now, CPPSRB hasn't been lucky enough to dip in and pay older SMPPS extra credit yet.

So, what this means, is the next time I throw a CPPSRB-generated payout list, it will have EVERYONE who is inactive and became inactive under SMPPS in the payout queue, since CPPSRB takes care of the current active miners first above all else.  (As of right now, it shows around 2000 addresses that have become idle/inactive will be paid their unpaid balance.)

If under CPPSRB the pool becomes lucky enough to pay off the entire CPPSRB share log, it will start awarding towards SMPPS extra credit, and then another huge list of payouts will likely be made shortly after to actually send payments for those amounts when the accounts go inactive again (pool gets unlucky or all extra credit is paid).

I hope this makes sense.

I'm actually sitting on the list of payouts for CPPSRB right now and plan on sending out a manual payout tomorrow which will pay just about every single address on the pool (excluding only miners who were paid in the last payout, are still active, and have not made the minimum for a second time yet).

So no worries!  Relax. Smiley  

I've been on this CPPSRB code for a few weeks now, actually, eating up tons of otherwise free time.  I have well over 40 hours in the code and testing alone, and all I personally have gotten for this so far is one donation of 0.5 BTC (Thank you, btw, it is appreciated).  That puts my wage at roughly $0.12 per hour. lol.  Slave labor!  On a serious note, I like coding for the pool.  As long as some people still find the pool useful and such, I'm content to provide my services to help it.

Let me know if there are any other questions/concerns. Smiley

-wk

CPPSRB work donations: 1CPPSRBAhYcYtLN7Y6n1KcwhF49VwMtptT

Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 04:33:31 AM

((...snip...))

No excuses.  Let me try and clear this up.
Don't bother trying. kuzetsa won the prize for troll of the week, so I donated his entire unpaid balance to the pope.

What wizkid057 said goes for all the legitimate miners.

I'm joking about kuzetsa's unpaid balance, in case it wasn't obvious.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2012, 05:52:30 AM

Don't bother trying. kuzetsa won the prize for troll of the week, so I donated his entire unpaid balance to the pope.
I'm joking about kuzetsa's unpaid balance, in case it wasn't obvious.

Jokes aside, I'd like the pope's btc address, if you would. I'd rather give direct than through a middle-man each Sunday.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 07:29:42 PM

Ooh ooh I just got a payment from eligius.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 07:34:10 PM

I even paid $1 of txn fees to get it confirmed quickly Tongue
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/32514504

wizkid057
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 07:56:59 PM
Last edit: November 12, 2012, 11:54:33 PM by wizkid057

I even paid $1 of txn fees to get it confirmed quickly Tongue
http://blockchain.info/tx-index/32514504

Greetings!

Yup, this should catch up the pool completely.  The only people unpaid should be people working on the current round, which obviously the pool doesn't have the funds to pay yet. Cheesy

The payout transaction ID is 33ff368325cfb6fe033c44031a2cdf1e7a17ff63279dd7bfccb592e7937c296e for the record.

I even clawed back kuzesta's donation to The Pope and put it in the payout! Cheesy (joke from a few posts ago...)

So, I've made some serious progress on the CPPSRB code this weekend.  Still working on it, but, I knocked out a ton of stuff!

First, you may notice that the balance graphs on the stats pages are working again.  Yay!  The estimates are accurate, but, they're only showing the unpaid balance as it stands at the moment you load the page.  The math it uses to compare it to the previous block is wrong because I don't have those stats generated from CPPSRB as of yet.

Next, I'm leaving the CPPSRB code up and running for now to keep it up to date and keep balances updating.  I won't be activating the automatic from-generation payments yet, though.  After a minor bug last night caused some issues, I believe that code needs more testing before going live, plus I need more testing on my orphaned block catcher code, which I can't really do live, obviously.

Not much left on my TODO list for CPPSRB now!  Grin

-wk

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 11, 2012, 08:34:22 PM

I was paid too. Thanks
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 200 »
  Print  

Jump to: