Bitcoin Forum
December 10, 2016, 01:25:26 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 201 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 #  (Read 418151 times)
Vannicke
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 95


That guy, you know, with the face


View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:39:29 PM
 #2281

Is there an issue with the signed messages to change options?  I've tried signing messages with standard bitcoin-qt, but the signature always fails.  I made sure I was using the right address, and the right message, and they verify in bitcoin-qt.  Is there something I am missing?  I tried adding my namecoin address several times to no avail, once including, once excluding minimum diff 16, and once including and once excluding a nickname.  I can't think of anything that might be happening incorrectly.  Am I supposed to paste the signature a certain way, rather than just pasting the text string?  (i.e: using "" or sig="" or something?)

Thanks for any help,

Van

The Satoshi Jar: 16t2BLGZyaMpGm3vzYWxucGz8g4bVotr1h
1481333126
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1481333126

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1481333126
Reply with quote  #2

1481333126
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
mruiter
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 274



View Profile
October 15, 2013, 02:30:18 PM
 #2282

Noticed the problem in the payout queue regarding

18tN7qS7Ln3bLnd7f7xwefyDSAxui3mb47

Can't pay more than the 25btc in the generation reward?

I could be wrong but it seems this address is generating btc at such a rate that its always at the top of the que. Then the next etc...

Yep, he is the problem. Always there and getting the most of the 25 BTC.
But 1EN3EqqQfqq484WNATFAMA13VXpJuJNv5c is even gaining more speed
I Would not mind if they donates some to me ;-)

But i guess there should be a way to offload some if Eligius would have a max payout of 5BTC per block payout.
It will give some more air for the smaller ones.

And then a bigger question. So much power, why don't mine blocks for you're self. Guess at that speed he would mine mine blocks without sharing in the Pool.

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
  LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
The00Dustin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 806


View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:35:30 PM
 #2283

If the payout system is fair and one miner is getting 99% of the payouts, the other 1% should be glad that miner is there, reducing their variance.  Eligius is designed to be a fair hop-proof pool, not a profit redistributing commune.
donut
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 236


View Profile
October 15, 2013, 03:57:16 PM
 #2284

I am totally happy with the payout queue and how the pool works, actually. That guy will eventually get paid and will get booted to the back of the queue.
BobbyJo
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 354



View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 06:26:22 PM
 #2285

If anyone cant be bothered to sell the namecoins they merge mine, I will do so for you.

PM me with a BTC address (for payment) and I will reply with a namecoin address.  Simply set this up on the Elgius website and I will pay your BTC directly to your wallet!


halcy0n3
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 31


View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:52:09 PM
 #2286

If the payout system is fair and one miner is getting 99% of the payouts, the other 1% should be glad that miner is there, reducing their variance.  Eligius is designed to be a fair hop-proof pool, not a profit redistributing commune.

What is it with forums? Everyone has to stamp their authority?

No one suggested it was a profit redistributing commune. If you;d bothered to look you could have seen that the address in question was stuck in the payment queue.

I was bringing it to wizkids attention in case there may be an exception happening in the payment code that was holding things up.
Sometimes in programming you don't realize every possible scenario until it happens. It may be that case that for certain condition that payment queue is based upon, age, amount etc... it gets stuck... it'll happen, nothings perfect. Everything ive read on this forum suggests that its a work in progress.
Just doing my bit to help out. If im wrong, then ignore me.

The problem has been cleared manually, the block chain reports the user in question has received all newly genereated btc expect for his last payment which wizkid clearly did manually as he has it from his own address as the sender.  

I was trying to be constructive and help in case there was a problem. You should try it The00Dustin
halcy0n3
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 31


View Profile
October 16, 2013, 12:35:12 AM
 #2287

i am new to this so please forgive if my questions are stupid or have been answered 100x before:


1) i have 6 miners (knc-hosted jupiters) running on eligius. when i check their individual speeds

2013/10/14 13:30: default: 578261.67 box21: 554642.53 box16: 578261.67 box17: 560343.7 box23: 612468.7 box22: 548941.36 675 seconds: 3.43e+6  this sums up to:

3430 Gh/s but they are running a total of less than 3200 . why is there a difference ?


on the KNC forums you'll see the KNC miner equipment hardware error rates are pretty high. ~10% ... you estimate 3430 and are reporting 3200 on eligius... thats a potential hardware error rate of 6.7%... also includes rejects...

anyway, KNC sold jupiter at 300GH/s and you got 550GH/s... the 6.7% reject/error is acceptable considering your already 250GH/s per device better off

btw... can you ssh into the knc hosting solution to see cgminers output (that would give you a better idea of error rate per device) or do they just say give me a mining address?
The00Dustin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 806


View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:01:53 AM
 #2288

If the payout system is fair and one miner is getting 99% of the payouts, the other 1% should be glad that miner is there, reducing their variance.  Eligius is designed to be a fair hop-proof pool, not a profit redistributing commune.
What is it with forums? Everyone has to stamp their authority?
1) I was responding to mruiter's
But i guess there should be a way to offload some if Eligius would have a max payout of 5BTC per block payout.
It will give some more air for the smaller ones.
2) I said IF
K?
halcy0n3
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 31


View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:14:38 AM
 #2289

If the payout system is fair and one miner is getting 99% of the payouts, the other 1% should be glad that miner is there, reducing their variance.  Eligius is designed to be a fair hop-proof pool, not a profit redistributing commune.
What is it with forums? Everyone has to stamp their authority?
1) I was responding to mruiter's
But i guess there should be a way to offload some if Eligius would have a max payout of 5BTC per block payout.
It will give some more air for the smaller ones.
2) I said IF
K?

helpful. Thanks
600watt
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1316


View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:57:17 PM
 #2290

started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked

eligius has paid me

"everpaid" 26.46

"unpaid + everpaid" = 31.32

but: "maximum reward" 36.84

will i get maximum reward ever ? why is the spread so large ? (it seems to be smaller with other pool members)

does this further mean i would sit on 75 btc if i had mined alone and is this (bad) luck ?
2GOOD
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 519


First bits: 12good


View Profile WWW
October 16, 2013, 07:30:56 PM
 #2291

started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked

eligius has paid me

"everpaid" 26.46

"unpaid + everpaid" = 31.32

but: "maximum reward" 36.84

will i get maximum reward ever ? why is the spread so large ? (it seems to be smaller with other pool members)

does this further mean i would sit on 75 btc if i had mined alone and is this (bad) luck ?


If you "solo" mine you get entirely different work (hashes) to do, so you never know how many blocks u'll get. In long term you have the chance to get to 100% PPS - in ur case 36.84

----

I want to ask what happens with very fast blocks like this one:
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/blockinfo.php/00000000000000102a7ba5525c92d9da2e1861522585ca928b3067ca4c6827d9

I think they are not accounted by the stats system, what is the procedure with them?!

Български Биткойн Форум - BitcoinBG.eu
Tips accepted at: 12good4Buys8cvTj6EB4MTGNTSC4w9Swnz
GrapeApe
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 477



View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:39:51 PM
 #2292

started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked

eligius has paid me

"everpaid" 26.46

"unpaid + everpaid" = 31.32

but: "maximum reward" 36.84

will i get maximum reward ever ? why is the spread so large ? (it seems to be smaller with other pool members)

does this further mean i would sit on 75 btc if i had mined alone and is this (bad) luck ?

You are mining at about 3200 GH/s so if you were solo mining at the previous difficulty (it just went up) you would generate a block every 3 days. Now this is an estimate it may take you 5 days to solve a block and then 1 day for the next this refers to variance (or luck as some call it). So NO chances are you would not be sitting on 75 BTC more likely you would have solved one block by yourself and be sitting on 25 BTC but who knows the variance could work in your favor and you could have more. Latency becomes an issue when you solo mine and you have to make sure it is all set up correctly otherwise you could be working on old work and never solve a block(I hope I said that right).  We (the pool) are all being served work and work served to someone else is work you don't have to do so I wouldn't look at it as you (your miner) solved three blocks but rather the pool did. Based on my math you should have about 33.6 BTC with 3200 GH/s for 4 days, so when you figure some variance (luck if you so desire) you are right where you should be. Pooled mining doesn't cut into your income (except for fees and there are none here) it cuts down on your variance, your income over a given period of time would be the same whether you are pool mining or solo mining.
donut
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 236


View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:51:14 PM
 #2293

So what's the deal with "maximum reward"? Is that money ever coming to me? I just sold all my mining rigs, and my "maximum reward" is 0.14 BTC more than "everpaid", with balance = 0.
600watt
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1316


View Profile
October 16, 2013, 07:57:44 PM
 #2294

started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far.  Shocked

eligius has paid me

"everpaid" 26.46

"unpaid + everpaid" = 31.32

but: "maximum reward" 36.84

will i get maximum reward ever ? why is the spread so large ? (it seems to be smaller with other pool members)

does this further mean i would sit on 75 btc if i had mined alone and is this (bad) luck ?

You are mining at about 3200 GH/s so if you were solo mining at the previous difficulty (it just went up) you would generate a block every 3 days. Now this is an estimate it may take you 5 days to solve a block and then 1 day for the next this refers to variance (or luck as some call it). So NO chances are you would not be sitting on 75 BTC more likely you would have solved one block by yourself and be sitting on 25 BTC but who knows the variance could work in your favor and you could have more. Latency becomes an issue when you solo mine and you have to make sure it is all set up correctly otherwise you could be working on old work and never solve a block(I hope I said that right).  We (the pool) are all being served work and work served to someone else is work you don't have to do so I wouldn't look at it as you (your miner) solved three blocks but rather the pool did. Based on my math you should have about 33.6 BTC with 3200 GH/s for 4 days, so when you figure some variance (luck if you so desire) you are right where you should be. Pooled mining doesn't cut into your income (except for fees and there are none here) it cuts down on your variance, your income over a given period of time would be the same whether you are pool mining or solo mining.

splendid answer, thank you !
wizkid057
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1170


View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:13:13 PM
 #2295

Greetings miners,

Sorry for the lack of posts, I've been busy all around with pool and non-pool projects.

Biggest thing has been this annoying stratum application layer DoS that we've been getting hit with periodically.  I've gotten an upstream trigger and filtering system in place for it, and it works, but sometimes takes up to a minute to kick in, lagging stratum connections in the meantime.  A minute isn't all that bad, considering, but, I'm working on finding a better solution.

I migrated services off of one of my dedicated servers (not pool related) and consolidated them with another server (also not pool related) to make room for more power for the pool.
I've added this server on as additional handling for stratum connections, and it seems to be working nicely so far.  In an effort to not disconnect anyone I've just let it be and I figure eventually my load balancing setup will balance it across both servers pretty evenly.

I'll be making improvements to the stats and such in the near future also, mostly related to individual worker stats and worker-down notification stuff.

Stay tuned, and thanks for mining!

Smiley

-wk

http://abitcoin.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40

Tips: 1LDQrLr6dPVqNJmpZm82eZVKqDFRk7ERW8
Operator of the Eligius Mining Pool - 0% Fee, CPPSRB, GBT, Stratum, IRC+Phone Support, Awesome stats, Generation payouts, and more.
Don't feed the trolls. Science Confirms: Internet Trolls Really Are Narcissistic, Psychopathic, and Sadistic (1)
FeedbackLoop
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 742



View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:47:37 PM
 #2296

started mit my jupiters 4 days ago on eligius.

my miners have found 3 blocks so far...
You are mining at about 3200 GH/s...

splendid answer, thank you !

Heh! Mined 2 blocks for the pool with one single jupiter so far (for a small fraction of it of course).

Thanks for all the hard work keeping things stable wizkid! This pool rocks!
donut
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 236


View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:53:46 PM
 #2297

So what's the deal with "maximum reward"? Is that money ever coming to me? I just sold all my mining rigs, and my "maximum reward" is 0.14 BTC more than "everpaid", with balance = 0.

Can someone please answer this?
plethora
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 83



View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:00:25 PM
 #2298

What's up with the timezone on the My Eligius stats page? Seems to be GMT. How can I change it to CET?
briguy37
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 52


View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:31:31 PM
 #2299

So what's the deal with "maximum reward"? Is that money ever coming to me? I just sold all my mining rigs, and my "maximum reward" is 0.14 BTC more than "everpaid", with balance = 0.

You might, but it depends on the luck of the pool.  Your "missing" coin is in shelved shares right now.  Each lucky block will unbury some shelved shares (and maybe get to some of yours), while each unlucky block will pile more shelved shares on top of yours.   See the CPPSRB page for more info:

http://eligius.st/wiki/index.php/Capped_PPS_with_Recent_Backpay
donut
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 236


View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:53:56 PM
 #2300

Thanks for the reply, that cleared things up a bit.
Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 201 »
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!