Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:07:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 338 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ActiveMining] The Official Active Mining Discussion Thread  (Read 479234 times)
yuansuyi

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:41:14 AM

FYI
ASICME(https://btct.co/security/ASICME) now has 10T online mining, has development team developing next-generation mining chips.

Hmm, This company really suit your taste.
ArcticWolf

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:42:28 AM

FYI
ASICME(https://btct.co/security/ASICME) now has 10T online mining, has development team developing next-generation mining chips.

After seeing some of the feedback from investors in that company, no. They dont suit my taste at all.

EDIT: also 65nm is not "next generation"

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
coinfresh

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:36:58 AM

FYI

The avalon chips are just to hold us over until ActM 28nm start rolling. Just something to kickstart the dividends and get some action going. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't think ActM is solely depending on the avalon chips.
zumzero

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 02:44:18 AM

It just shows things are moving along. In the long term, the Avalon chips don't mean much. But it's good to be hitting milestones. And they will help dividends along to be sure.

Again, with 28nm chips delivered, Avalon chips will never earn back investment.

For example, the company pay 10BTC to buy a miner, and the miner can only mine 5btc through whole lifetime, deduct cost, earn 3BTC to pay dividends.

You call this thing as hitting milestones.

Avalon chips only help if  KNC and ACTM's 28nm chips could not deliver on time. If happens, it would be disaster to ACTM share price, and good news for LABCOIN&BTCGarden.

I'm a little unsure where you are going with this so do forgive me if I make assumptions on your part.

ActM, formerly AMC has had it's fair share of bumps and scrapes along the way.  It now sits with a share value 10 times the original AMC IPO share price of 0.0005 btc.  How many can say that, and we've not got off the ground yet?

The reason there is such belief and large number of major shareholders who have only increased their holdings throughout the troughs is because, if realised, this particular venture is likely to make them very rich indeed.  My guess is that many, if not the majority of these major shareholders are likely to hold their shares as the company grows, even when the share price multiplies another ten fold.  This is due to the expected dividend payout both from mining, but more significantly, the selling of hardware using asic chips conceived in-house.

I'd suggest this is because of the faith they have in the person at the helm.  Having an engineer able to design/code their own asic chip is going to help in this industry.  But someone who can listen to and work with the community is a total win.  This, the fact that a board of advisors is being formed from current shareholders, and having a talented PR person on board are exactly what is required to set any company ahead of it rivals.

The Avalon chips, if they arrive and start hashing for the team, will serve two purposes.  They will boost shareholder confidence and put a few satoshis in our pockets, and they will give a boost to share price as ripples are sent across the community.  It may well be true that the Avalon chips never make their money back, who knows, but you can't place a value of the two points I've just made.  Smiley

https://mybitcoin.garden
Bitcoin game where you can earn up to 220% on each planted garden!
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:45:23 AM

Bitfunder, BTC-TC Dividends Paid [.00000354]

Also I got paid to my 2 missed dividends from TENDER transfer directly to my address. Thanks
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:53:46 AM

The Avalon chips, if they arrive and start hashing for the team, will serve two purposes.  They will boost shareholder confidence and put a few satoshis in our pockets, and they will give a boost to share price as ripples are sent across the community.  It may well be true that the Avalon chips never make their money back, who knows, but you can't place a value of the two points I've just made.  Smiley

Project Caterpillar regarding the avalon chips
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204699.0

Project: Caterpillar

Update 16th August 2013: The Caterpillar team have had a meeting and in light of the currently exponential increase in network difficulty and the continual delays regarding the Avalon chips come to the conclusion that it will not be possible to ROI with the Avalon chips, and have hence decided to cancel our project based around these chips.

This decision was not taken lightly and it was with a deep regret that this decision was reached. I currently have the components to build a single board with 7 chips and will be looking for 1 more sample chip, if anyone has one, so that I can build one board with 8 chips to prove that the design works. Once this has been completed I'll upload my design files to github under an open hardware license and will not be touching anything Avalon in the future.

Anyways just putting the info out there

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:57:43 AM

Update 16th August 2013: The Caterpillar team have had a meeting and in light of the currently exponential increase in network difficulty and the continual delays regarding the Avalon chips come to the conclusion that it will not be possible to ROI with the Avalon chips, and have hence decided to cancel our project based around these chips.

This decision was not taken lightly and it was with a deep regret that this decision was reached. I currently have the components to build a single board with 7 chips and will be looking for 1 more sample chip, if anyone has one, so that I can build one board with 8 chips to prove that the design works. Once this has been completed I'll upload my design files to github under an open hardware license and will not be touching anything Avalon in the future.

Im pretty sure that Avalon arent issuing refunds, which means we will just have to get all the value out of the chips that we can before our own chips are ready that we can source at cost

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 02:58:30 AM

Thanks for that.  It seems other players may have placed all their eggs in one basket.  That would explain why the increase in difficulty has forced them to quit.

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 02:59:27 AM

Been a while since i've checked in. How's that board coming along? Anyone figure out how to hit 'post' on the exchanges yet? It's past mid August now, what's the story with the mining op?
ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:01:36 AM

Been a while since i've checked in. How's that board coming along? Anyone figure out how to hit 'post' on the exchanges yet? It's past mid August now, what's the story with the mining op?

Your best bet for all updates is to check page one of the Speculation thread, its updated as any news comes to light.
Also this site is a big help in that regard http://www.activeminingbtc.com/

yuansuyi

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:12:35 AM

It just shows things are moving along. In the long term, the Avalon chips don't mean much. But it's good to be hitting milestones. And they will help dividends along to be sure.

For example, the company pay 10BTC to buy a miner, and the miner can only mine 5btc through whole lifetime, deduct cost, earn 3BTC to pay dividends.

Avalon chips only help if  KNC and ACTM's 28nm chips could not deliver on time. If happens, it would be disaster to ACTM share price, and good news for LABCOIN&BTCGarden.

I'm a little unsure where you are going with this so do forgive me if I make assumptions on your part.

ActM, formerly AMC has had it's fair share of bumps and scrapes along the way.  It now sits with a share value 10 times the original AMC IPO share price of 0.0005 btc.  How many can say that, and we've not got off the ground yet?

The reason there is such belief and large number of major shareholders who have only increased their holdings throughout the troughs is because, if realised, this particular venture is likely to make them very rich indeed.  My guess is that many, if not the majority of these major shareholders are likely to hold their shares as the company grows, even when the share price multiplies another ten fold.  This is due to the expected dividend payout both from mining, but more significantly, the selling of hardware using asic chips conceived in-house.

I'd suggest this is because of the faith they have in the person at the helm.  Having an engineer able to design/code their own asic chip is going to help in this industry.  But someone who can listen to and work with the community is a total win.  This, the fact that a board of advisors is being formed from current shareholders, and having a talented PR person on board are exactly what is required to set any company ahead of it rivals.

not to offend. TL;TR.

I am holding a bunch ACTM shares too. I also has no doubt that ACTM's price will go to moon when eASIC's PR released.
My belief is not come from believing that 28nm chips will deliver finally, but from you guys believing that when Avalon start mining, the price will be high, the shareholder confidence will boost. You guys take a money-lossing investment as milestone and confidence building thing.The few satoshis into your pockets come from your discounted investment.Why not just sell the order at discount price, and pay dividend?

matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:15:55 AM

Your best bet for all updates is to check page one of the Speculation thread, its updated as any news comes to light.
Also this site is a big help in that regard http://www.activeminingbtc.com/

+1

Just updated the site a little too.  We try to keep only relevant info on there to make it useful for people who don't have the time or desire to read the forum threads.

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:20:33 AM

As I understand, the newly appointed ActM-PR person recently invited applications for board advisory positions.  A subsequent update made mention of an overwhelming number of applications which were to be compiled and presented to Ken following a cut-off date.  Since then we've been told that the process is ongoing and progress is being made.

The next stage mining op is at risk of not hitting it's goals because of Avalon chip delivery delays.  There is a lot of talk across the forums suggesting that there is something amiss with Avalon, ranging from conspiracies involving Chinese Mafia to God only knows what.

In other news, we are patiently waiting to hear of a potential breakthrough deal with a major US semi-conductor company.

matuszed

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:26:29 AM

As I understand, the newly appointed ActM-PR person recently invited applications for board advisory positions.  A subsequent update made mention of an overwheling number of applications which were to be compiled and presented to Ken following a cut-off date.  Since then we've been told that the process is ongoing and progress is being made.

The next stage mining op is at risk of not hitting it's goals because of Avalon chip delivery delays.  There is a lot of talk across the forums suggesting that there is something amiss with Avalon, ranging from conspiracies involving Chinese Mafia to God only knows what.

In other news, we are patiently waiting to hear of a potential breakthrough deal with a major US semi-conductor company.

The best of these is the theory that the WSJ avalon deal that leaked was actually true and they just decided to hush it up and Joe Lewis paid massive amounts of cash upfront for part of the company with the added bonus that they get first crack at the chips.  I think people overestimate the size of Bitcoin and underestimate how rich Joe Lewis is.

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent." -Keynes
zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:40:55 AM

not to offend. TL;TR.

I am holding a bunch ACTM shares too. I also has no doubt that ACTM's price will go to moon when eASIC's PR released.
My belief is not come from believing that 28nm chips will deliver finally, but from you guys believing that when Avalon start mining, the price will be high, the shareholder confidence will boost. You guys take a money-lossing investment as milestone and confidence building thing.The few satoshis into your pockets come from your discounted investment.Why not just sell the order at discount price, and pay dividend?

No offense taken.  If the order could be sold and the money spread across all investors, and let's say that 1btc was paid to everyone with 50,000 shares, yet alternatively a 'boost' in shareholder confidence and subsequent rise in share value exceeded that, then would it make sense? 

TT;KIS  (tried to keep it short)

back o' the net

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 03:45:41 AM

As I understand, the newly appointed ActM-PR person recently invited applications for board advisory positions.  A subsequent update made mention of an overwheling number of applications which were to be compiled and presented to Ken following a cut-off date.  Since then we've been told that the process is ongoing and progress is being made.

The best of these is the theory that the WSJ avalon deal that leaked was actually true and they just decided to hush it up and Joe Lewis paid massive amounts of cash upfront for part of the company with the added bonus that they get first crack at the chips.  I think people overestimate the size of Bitcoin and underestimate how rich Joe Lewis is.

Can you post a link please? I'd love to read up on this.

yuansuyi

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:54:55 AM

No offense taken.  If the order could be sold and the money spread across all investors, and let's say that 1btc was paid to everyone with 50,000 shares, yet alternatively a 'boost' in shareholder confidence and subsequent rise in share value exceeded that, then would it make sense? 

back o' the net
One startup company raised 20BTC through IPO, then ordered one miner at 10BTC, then sold the order for 9BTC, then pay the 9BTC as dividends to investor.By your logic, this company's share price should rise. Good point.
ArcticWolf

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 04:01:40 AM

back o' the net
One startup company raised 20BTC through IPO, then ordered one miner at 10BTC, then sold the order for 9BTC, then pay the 9BTC as dividends to investor.By your logic, this company's share price should rise. Good point.

No he is saying that if the company in your example kept the miner and the share price went up in value beyond the 9btc that would have been dividends due to increased investor confidence, then selling it is a bad move.

zumzero

myBitcoin.Garden

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2013, 04:12:30 AM

No offense taken.  If the order could be sold and the money spread across all investors, and let's say that 1btc was paid to everyone with 50,000 shares, yet alternatively a 'boost' in shareholder confidence and subsequent rise in share value exceeded that, then would it make sense?  

TT;KIS  (tried to keep it short)
back o' the net

Or,

One company raised 20btc through IPO, then invested 14 btc in developing and builing their own miners which used their own proprietary asic chips which they set to task mining with world class efficiency.

The other 6 btc were then invested in mass producing these chips and hardware miners which they sold for profit.

Stuartuk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 08:56:56 AM

With respect to everyone, this is a load of bollocks and should be in the SPECULATION thread. How many times do I have to tell you guys?
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 338 »
  Print  

Jump to: