Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:34:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880232 times)
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:09:02 PM

FAILED-product!

"HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s"

Did the HashFash ASIC meet the 400GH/s spec?

Yes.  Some could even be overclocked.  Icedrill's are still mining.

what you are not correctly reporting is that from the first batches of machines, most of the chips underperformed. The yield was horrible and the lack of a good firmware to deal with all the errors meant most systems ran crippled.

Further more, most assembled units have failed by now and need new coolers.

The bankruptcy is proceeding and nobody ran off to Thailand, unlike a certain popular scam you were defending until it was too late.

None of the Baby Jet orders and Sierra orders were fulfilled: we got a few units but never the MPP we paid for (and yes, in the case of the Sierras one paid extra, it doubled the price)

None of the upgrade kits for the Baby Jets ever shipped

That was long long before there was even talk of bankruptcy proceedings.

iCEBREAKER, stop spreading partial untruths in the hope you can re-write history, it's well documented what happened and in what order. You are a liar and actively participated in this fiasco, that is a truth everybody can spot from a mile away.
I don't know what rock you live under, but the substrate contractor that made multiple revisions was less than intelligent, however management kept using him instead of replacing him until last revision(which didn't even happen if memory serves)
All the problems they had were due to crappy work and the shituation we are in is due to them trying to remake new/better revisions and just creating more problems... basically throwing our money away.
Of all the boards shipped and sierras shipped, i would assume around 90% failed due to power supply/damage from it going, the rest due to faulty board design, i can't image many boards are functional at this point.
The chips are just fine, they been proven to work on actual boards that were designed by someone with actual intelligence.

The problem with this fine group of people is this... they had no idea what they were getting into, they did not do their due diligence and track the problems as they were occuring... i know only probably half here knew about the revision issues until they were told people here... and even then they were like "hashfast shill lies... are you eduardo?  should i lay off the drugs? How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" Instead of... "oh my god, get that fucktard out of there... lets band together and make sure this shit gets straightened out"...
NOPE, lets make a petition to liquidate assets to just recoup a single percent of what we paid(intelligence at its finest) If that...

The illuminati conspiracy crackheads here will never fully understand just how bad they fucked up... i can tell them all day long, it won't matter

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:42:18 PM

So true!  The only reason to buy an ASIC is because you want leveraged exposure to the price of BTC.

As usual you live in your own parallel universe. I bought ASICs to support the network and to make money. I am sure that most got ASICs for the money. Nobody got ASICs to leverage their exposure to the price of BTC.

Thanks for another retard quote.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 02:38:00 AM

So true!  The only reason to buy an ASIC is because you want leveraged exposure to the price of BTC.

As usual you live in your own parallel universe. I bought ASICs to support the network and to make money. I am sure that most got ASICs for the money. Nobody got ASICs to leverage their exposure to the price of BTC.

Thanks for another retard quote.

"Leveraged exposure to the price of BTC" is a fancy, nuanced way of saying "I bought ASICs to make money."

Sorry for talking over your head.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:13:41 AM

Smiley why would he care about the truth. Spinning up lies is his default setting.

FAILED-product!

what you are not correctly reporting is that from the first batches of machines, most of the chips underperformed. The yield was horrible and the lack of a good firmware to deal with all the errors meant most systems ran crippled.

Further more, most assembled units have failed by now and need new coolers.

The bankruptcy is proceeding and nobody ran off to Thailand, unlike a certain popular scam you were defending until it was too late.

None of the Baby Jet orders and Sierra orders were fulfilled: we got a few units but never the MPP we paid for (and yes, in the case of the Sierras one paid extra, it doubled the price)

None of the upgrade kits for the Baby Jets ever shipped

That was long long before there was even talk of bankruptcy proceedings.

iCEBREAKER, stop spreading partial untruths in the hope you can re-write history, it's well documented what happened and in what order. You are a liar and actively participated in this fiasco, that is a truth everybody can spot from a mile away.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 03:17:57 AM

BTW, HF's "power hungry, obsolete, uncompetitive product" is still powering Icedrill's mines, which are in turn still paying me dividends.   Cool

And of course you are loyally declaring these capital gains in your tax return, right? I would really not like to see you being narked out like CypherDoc about the BTC 3k he forgot to declare....

Any evidence he is avoiding tax? I'm sure the IRS would be happy to have that evidence.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 04:43:30 AM

BTW, HF's "power hungry, obsolete, uncompetitive product" is still powering Icedrill's mines, which are in turn still paying me dividends.   Cool

And of course you are loyally declaring these capital gains in your tax return, right? I would really not like to see you being narked out like CypherDoc about the BTC 3k he forgot to declare....

Any evidence he is avoiding tax? I'm sure the IRS would be happy to have that evidence.

Your off-topic attempt to violate my privacy and initiate and/or encourage an IRS swatting is noted.

Please stay on the topic of Hardware, specifically HashFast's 400GH/s ASIC, and do be sure to let us know when you provide a full accounting for your failed WASP scam-charity "project."   Wink

why would he care about the truth. Spinning up lies is his default setting.

"Lies?"  Where did I lie?

This is a true, easily verified, statement:

HF ASICs are still powering Icedrill's mines, which are in turn still paying dividends.   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:22:06 AM

I don't know what rock you live under, but the substrate contractor that made multiple revisions was less than intelligent, however management kept using him instead of replacing him until last revision(which didn't even happen if memory serves)
All the problems they had were due to crappy work and the shituation we are in is due to them trying to remake new/better revisions and just creating more problems... basically throwing our money away.
Of all the boards shipped and sierras shipped, i would assume around 90% failed due to power supply/damage from it going, the rest due to faulty board design, i can't image many boards are functional at this point.
The chips are just fine, they been proven to work on actual boards that were designed by someone with actual intelligence.

I'm not sure if you are trying to defend HF or point out why they failed so bad...

Did the HF customers decide to go with a bad substrate contractor? Or did management?

Most boards have failed because of cooling issues, not power supply. Is it a good design if cooling is so difficult?

What is the point of having a great chip if you can't get it to the end user in a working setup? I bought a miner, not a chip

And from what I ordered, the majority was never delivered. What did arrive, ran crippled and all but one board failed by now.

People like Edwardo, Simon, iCEBREAKER and cypherdoc lined their pockets and they are getting away scot-free

Which side are you on?
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:31:19 AM

If iCEBREAKER decides to brag about his great investment in Icedrill and if he is getting dividends, then I don't see why one should not check if he pays his taxes. If he keeps it up, enough red flags will attract the IRS's attention.

If anybody feels like pointing them in the right direction, please do so... I'll even pay for the stamp to put on the letter.

(Ironically getting away scot-free refers to not having to pay royal taxes. Death and taxes... no escape)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 04:22:16 PM

If iCEBREAKER decides to brag about his great investment in Icedrill and if he is getting dividends, then I don't see why one should not check if he pays his taxes. If he keeps it up, enough red flags will attract the IRS's attention.

If anybody feels like pointing them in the right direction, please do so... I'll even pay for the stamp to put on the letter.

(Ironically getting away scot-free refers to not having to pay royal taxes. Death and taxes... no escape)

Where did you get the phrase "great investment" from?  Did you pull it out of your hat?

You're straying too far from the topic of ASICs and getting into the territory of harassment.  I suggest you stop, and turn around.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:47:04 PM

FAILED-product!

Did HashFast meet their power consumption specs? Did they meet their deadline? Nope!

Also the Icedrill is still mining, not because of the great HashFail chips, it's because of the cheap power in Iceland. If HashFail was on spec regarding power consumption then you could mine with them in other locations, but considering the power hungry chips you can only mine with them where electricity is 0.04$/kwh.

SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 09:45:26 PM

Where did you get the phrase "great investment" from?  Did you pull it out of your hat?

I don't know where (or when) you live, but there are not too many people around wearing hats

You're straying too far from the topic of ASICs and getting into the territory of harassment.  I suggest you stop, and turn around.

Oh, are your personal feelings being hurt? Taking it personal now? I suggest you stop and stop taunting HF victims.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 02:03:02 AM

I don't know where (or when) you live, but there are not too many people around wearing hats

Oh, are your personal feelings being hurt? Taking it personal now? I suggest you stop and stop taunting HF victims.

Thanks for admitting you just invented that "great investment" phrase to tease me, and I never said it.

Recognizing facts established by HF's bankruptcy process are contrary to prevailing beliefs here is not "taunting."

I've had plenty of pushback in this thread for my unpopular POV.  None of it hurt my feelings, because I would rather be right on the facts than accepted by The Village.

Harassment is another matter.  If you can't tell them apart, and continue defaming me as a tax cheat, you may be forced to learn the difference.

Your POV failed to gain acceptance in a court of law.  Changing the venue to an after-the-fact inquest of my personal finances, because you are a sore loser, is beyond the pale.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:10:50 PM

Thanks for admitting you just invented that "great investment" phrase to tease me, and I never said it.

You state:

Quote from: iCEBREAKER
My point was Icedrill is still mining and paying dividends despite their monumental difficulties, unlike everyone's former heroes ASICminer and Cointerra.

So, ASICminer and Cointerra, bad deal, Icedrill, good deal. Remember, iCEBREAKER is always right and always picks the winners.

Recognizing facts established by HF's bankruptcy process are contrary to prevailing beliefs here is not "taunting."

I've had plenty of pushback in this thread for my unpopular POV.  None of it hurt my feelings, because I would rather be right on the facts than accepted by The Village.

I'm sure somebody can point out with character flaw you must have where you can't feel empathy for other people's feelings (autism I guess), but seriously... If you don't see how you are continuously trying to plague the HF customer base by accusing them of being greedy, unrealistically expecting windfall spoiled whining brats with no clue of what they invested in, then I really wonder how you managed to get out of your mothers basement and land a job in the real world in the first place.

Harassment is another matter.  If you can't tell them apart, and continue defaming me as a tax cheat, you may be forced to learn the difference.

Your POV failed to gain acceptance in a court of law.  Changing the venue to an after-the-fact inquest of my personal finances, because you are a sore loser, is beyond the pale.

My POV is that after your (very public) involvement with HF, you should stop bragging about it and stop antagonizing a large group of people who will only feel more inclined in taking interest in your personal finances, your future employment and what ever you do, after-the-fact, especially because some of us are sore losers with a lot of free time at our hands
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 03:41:22 AM

You state:

Quote from: iCEBREAKER
My point was Icedrill is still mining and paying dividends despite their monumental difficulties, unlike everyone's former heroes ASICminer and Cointerra.

So, ASICminer and Cointerra, bad deal, Icedrill, good deal. Remember, iCEBREAKER is always right and always picks the winners.

I'm sure somebody can point out with character flaw you must have where you can't feel empathy for other people's feelings (autism I guess), but seriously... If you don't see how you are continuously trying to plague the HF customer base by accusing them of being greedy, unrealistically expecting windfall spoiled whining brats with no clue of what they invested in, then I really wonder how you managed to get out of your mothers basement and land a job in the real world in the first place.

My POV is that after your (very public) involvement with HF, you should stop bragging about it and stop antagonizing a large group of people who will only feel more inclined in taking interest in your personal finances, your future employment and what ever you do, after-the-fact, especially because some of us are sore losers with a lot of free time at our hands

My point re:ICEDRILL is they turned out, contrary to widespread sentiment, to be more honorable (if not profitable) than formerly esteemed outfits like CT and AM.  Also, some dividends are unarguably better than no dividends at all.

The concept of 'no windfalls' isn't hard to understand.  It's been settled common law for hundreds of years.  Only a whiny greedy baby would refuse to learn that fact, especially after its truth has been confirmed by the legal process.

I was among the first to be part of the HF customer base and have the right to express my opinion, regardless of whether it goes against popular consensus.

You can use euphemistic phrasing such as "inclined in taking interest in your personal finances, your future employment and what ever you do" if you like.

It's clear you are threatening to punish me with off-line retaliation for expressing an unpopular opinion online, notwithstanding that opinion's congruency with the bankruptcy court's findings of fact.

That is not acceptable, and I won't stand for it.

You don't need to be a lawyer to know online threats and harassment are illegal.

If you are a lawyer, you'd already know such criminal activity would give the bar cause to take your license.

Stop instigating, encouraging, and justifying defamation and doxxing, or I may have to take a trip and explain my position in person.

This thread is for discussing HF ASICs and the ensuing bankruptcy, not cyber-stalking and bullying.  I strongly suggest you get back on topic.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:19:17 PM

You can use euphemistic phrasing such as "inclined in taking interest in your personal finances, your future employment and what ever you do" if you like.

It's clear you are threatening to punish me with off-line retaliation for expressing an unpopular opinion online, notwithstanding that opinion's congruency with the bankruptcy court's findings of fact.

That is not acceptable, and I won't stand for it.

You don't need to be a lawyer to know online threats and harassment are illegal.

If you are a lawyer, you'd already know such criminal activity would give the bar cause to take your license.

I am not a lawyer and I don't have much positive feelings for those who practice law. You seem to forget what kind of amalgamated bunch of characters got attracted in the bitcoin community especially in 2010 and 2011. Libertarians and survivalist nuts. PM hoarders and Austrian economic converts. Cypherpunks and Information-wants-to-be-free hackers. Pick your poison.

Stop instigating, encouraging, and justifying defamation and doxxing, or I may have to take a trip and explain my position in person.

Oh please, as if you are even old enough to get a ticket to get on a plane. You will be traveling with your mother?

Please, do look me up and bring a camera, it will be most entertaining.

This thread is for discussing HF ASICs and the ensuing bankruptcy, not cyber-stalking and bullying.  I strongly suggest you get back on topic.

Stalking? Like take a trip and explain ones position in person?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 10:30:42 PM

Stalking? Like take a trip and explain ones position in person?

No, stalking like this:

taking interest in your personal finances, your future employment and what ever you do

Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
SolarSilver
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:58:05 PM

No, stalking like this:

taking interest in your personal finances, your future employment and what ever you do

What are you expecting, people to ignore your nasty remarks and taunting or some mob (in)justice?

Seriously? Do you really think people are not taking this personally? How old are you anyways?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 11:19:13 PM

No, stalking like this:

What are you expecting, people to ignore your nasty remarks and taunting or some mob (in)justice?

Seriously? Do you really think people are not taking this personally? How old are you anyways?

I don't expect people to ignore an unpopular opinion.

I do expect people to stay on-topic, and not drift off into personal attacks, stalking, etc.

Weaponizing the IRS to get even with someone for daring to express a different POV is not OK (unless you are Clinton or Obama).

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
armyof1ne

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 03:16:00 PM

I'm not sure if you are trying to defend HF or point out why they failed so bad...

Did the HF customers decide to go with a bad substrate contractor? Or did management?

Most boards have failed because of cooling issues, not power supply. Is it a good design if cooling is so difficult?

What is the point of having a great chip if you can't get it to the end user in a working setup? I bought a miner, not a chip

And from what I ordered, the majority was never delivered. What did arrive, ran crippled and all but one board failed by now.

People like Edwardo, Simon, iCEBREAKER and cypherdoc lined their pockets and they are getting away scot-free

Which side are you on?
I'm on the side of the people that got screwed over by greedy, afraid, cowards that used that fear to push an agenda that was in NOBODIES interests.
I understand the failure, i knew how to fix the problem and had the means thanks to investors that saw the opportunity...
Once the petitioners went balls deep, ignoring reason, that was no longer an option.
I'm on the side that got "scammed" by fear and ignorance... Which is the side of every single creditor, whether they understand that or not.
You won't see one single petitioner be humble enough to admit they fucked up... those people are 1000x worse than hashfast ever was...
Hashfast was just terrible management... straight up.  if they were full on balls deep scam, they wouldn't have a functional chip.
The chips were the only thing they actually did right, which is why this whole clusterfuck is so sad...  they had the chance to do extremely well, but stupidity won.

i can sit here and argue for days about how bad hashfast fucked up... The PSU's are what was causing the cooling system to fail, the variance in voltages supplied were bouncing around like a bipolar kid on crack.
People that replaced the PSU's with ones that were actually decent didn't have many issues and the cooling systems didn't fail, those that did, they upgraded to better cooling equipment.
This is shit that should have been hardcore tested out the door, but since they already had board issues and people breathing down their neck, they just pushed out a shitty product... rip all those chips out and put them on well designed boards, with proper power and cooling and like some form of voodoo, you would have had a decent product.

That one board that didn't fail of yours, pull out a multimeter, check it yourself... you will begin to understand im not just some crazy raving asshat(i may be an asshat, but not crazy or raving) I actually know what i am talking about.  When the board starts drawing, you will see dips in all the voltages, Large dips, up to 1 volt difference (normally around 0.6 V+-) which is just barely out of spec (normal variance maximum is about 0.5 V-+.

As for buying a fully complete product, i 100% agree with you, you got a product, you shouldn't have to deal with understanding how it works and why(though i always make it my goal to do so, some people do not have the drive to understand as i do)
I am just showing you WHY that "product" failed, both from a company standpoint and hardware wise.   as well as why i have issues with the petitioners.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:53:23 PM

Well I see this as a design failure from the start. HF complicated itself by designing such a power hungry chip. If they kept the power consumption lower (aka less speed) they wouldn't have so many headaches with the board/substrate design. Of course retard troll icebeaker will say that it was just a failed venture and it is true. Because the path they started was the wrong path. Instead of being engineers that weight every pro and con they went the marketing way aka BIGGEST/FASTEST ASIC CHIP EVER which caused them a lot of problem that could be avoided with a slower chip.

Pages: « 1 ... 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 [580] 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: