Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:19:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast announces specs for new ASIC: 400GH/s  (Read 880223 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:29:28 AM

That doesn't sound "worthless."  Having the masks ready to be fabricated into wafers at TSMC seems like a desirable asset, especially if the price of BTC picks up.
Only if they get the rev4 and rev5 ready after that they have been fooling around with them for months, while we were paying their salaries.

And as you said, only if the BTC price skyrockets and the rest of the competition isn't able to keep up with the demand... That is simply not gonna happen.

So yeah, that's another bullshit post.

The Habanero and Yoli boards work great.  And how do you know the price of BTC "is simply not gonna" retest or surpass previous highs?

BTW, thanks for paying those salaries while HF was "fooling around."   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:34:49 AM

The Habanero and Yoli boards work great.  And how do you know the price of BTC "is simply not gonna" retest or surpass previous highs?

I didn't say that the bitcoin price is not probably gonna grow in the future. I said that even when that happens, HF won't be there ready to take orders. They will have already closed shop (thanks to the salaries, to start with), or the competition will be able to eat the market almost completely, leaving nothing to our beloved company.

The rev3 design, or pushing a chip to it's limits, is shit design and you know it. It would have made sense in October 2013.

About the salaries, there is no need to worry. I can't wait until something finally happens to the people that doubled their salaries or more while their company was unable to ship shit and didn't have a cent in the bank.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:53:33 AM

I didn't say that the bitcoin price is not probably gonna grow in the future. I said that even when that happens, HF won't be there ready to take orders. They will have already closed shop (thanks to the salaries, to start with), or the competition will be able to eat the market almost completely, leaving nothing to our beloved company.

The rev3 design, or pushing a chip to it's limits, is shit design and you know it. It would have made sense in October 2013.

About the salaries, there is no need to worry. I can't wait until something finally happens to the people that doubled their salaries or more while their company was unable to ship shit and didn't have a cent in the bank.

HF hasn't "closed shop."  Don't you listen to those nice mp3s of the court hearings you post?  Or do you just not understand them?   Cheesy

HF is still selling 750GH/s chips (or if you're a pedant they will sell you a multi-chip modules) and wafers, dev kits, power supplies, etc.

They are open to discussing deals with anyone who is interested in the technology.  The Habanero/Yolo aren't "shit designs" and pushing the chip to its maximum performance is what a good board design is supposed to do.  The GN1 has internal thermal regulation, so all your fake scarey talk about "ZOMG LIMITS" is just fear-mongering with no basis in reality.

The CTO was working for far less than prevailing market wages and HF could not afford to lose him, which is why his salary doubled.

That decision has already been picked apart in court, where the Judge, US Attorney, and about a other dozen lawyers decided there was nothing wrong with it.

Your much-heralded lawyer wasn't part of that process, but I'm sure he would have reached the same conclusion as everyone else, that at this point Monday Morning Quarterbacking and 20/20 hindsight don't make a bit of difference.

So you'll be waiting forever until "something finally happens" to HF's CTO.  Unless you are making a personal threat, which I'm sure we'd love to hear more about...   Undecided

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:07:11 AM

God, why did I try to have a civil discussion with you? How not, now I'm making "personal threats". Like if you didn't use that bullshit a dozen times before and I didn't always specified them to be lawsuits, that I wanted since the very beginning of this process. As I said before, keep that kind of bullshit for your lawyer.

Do you want to quote the judge? How about you don't quote the "it doesn't compute" part?

Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:21:35 AM

iCEBREAKER please tell us more about the GN1 being a full custom chip so people can laugh at you even more. I am also willing to put some bitcoins on a bet, but I know that you are too much of a pussy to take it.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:34:28 PM

OIC, you are just trolling and trying to make me think I'd forgotten my ASIC vocabulary.

KnC's first chip was standard cell.  HF's GN1 is full custom.  That's why it is so much faster than the competitions!

750 GH on a single chip.  Still an unbeaten record.   Cool

"Fastest" chip from the fastest mining company bankruptcy in the Bitcoin ecosystem.

How many bitcoins are you willing to bet on GN1 being full custom?
Fixed that for you.
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:26:28 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 04:42:38 PM by cedivad

[$0.35/GH to $0.60/GH] Bankrupted HashFast Hardware Sale

Kinda of one of the very best pricing in the market?

No, I'm not IceBreaker.

Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:48:47 PM

[$0.35/GH to $0.60/GH] Bankrupted HashFast Hardware Sale

Kinda of one of the very best pricing in the market?

No, I'm not IceBreaker.

no word about W/GH?  Wink

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:01:18 PM

God, why did I try to have a civil discussion with you? How not, now I'm making "personal threats". Like if you didn't use that bullshit a dozen times before and I didn't always specified them to be lawsuits, that I wanted since the very beginning of this process. As I said before, keep that kind of bullshit for your lawyer.

Do you want to quote the judge? How about you don't quote the "it doesn't compute" part?

I'd welcome a civil discussion, but we're not going to be able to have one when you keep making vaguely threatening statements like "I can't wait until something finally happens" to HF's CTO, after the court already accepted his raise to normal prevailing wages.

You were asked to clarify exactly what your "I can't wait until something finally happens" statement meant.  It could mean things much less lelzy than your "lawsuit" and one can't be to careful when dealing with internet nutters.   Tongue

Oh look, PuertoLibre is having trouble understanding the difference between a successful company and a successful technology.   Roll Eyes

Apparently he thinks that HF's GN1 chip suddenly became slower when they filed for bankruptcy.   Cheesy

"Hurr durr HF is bankrupt hurr HF is bad durr that must mean their chip won't go at 750GH/s no more durr because it's associated with a company that went broke."

What a perfect example of mentation by association vs thinking by form.

RoadStress, tell us more about how the GN1 is a standard cell ASIC.  How many BTC are you going wager on the GN1 being standard cell?   Grin

Fact is, the GN1 is still state-of-the-art regardless of HF's financial situation:

'

BTW, the next-gen GN2 is full custom!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cedivad
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:25:50 PM

no word about W/GH?  Wink
Yeah, it sucks, but it's there, 0.8 to 1.1J/GH.

RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:09:14 PM

RoadStress, tell us more about how the GN1 is a standard cell ASIC.  How many BTC are you going wager on the GN1 being standard cell?   Grin

Fact is, the GN1 is still state-of-the-art regardless of HF's financial situation:

So GN1 is full custom and GN2 is full custom? I got it right? What would be the improvement then?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:36:11 PM

So GN1 is full custom and GN2 is full custom? I got it right? What would be the improvement then?

Besides being full custom, the GN2 is 16nm.

Why don't you just tell us the term for chips like the GN1, which are somewhere between standard cell and full custom?

Is it "partial custom?"

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:39:23 PM

Besides being full custom, the GN2 is 16nm.

Why don't you just tell us the term for chips like the GN1, which are somewhere between standard cell and full custom?

Is it "partial custom?"

So now the GN1 is not full custom? Didn't you just stated that it is?

The term between I think it's structured ASIC, but I may be wrong. This is an unknown field to me.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 08:42:05 PM

It doesn't matter how good the chips are if the company making it are scammers/incompetent. Ice just face the facts HashFast is a failure and needs to go away.
BitCoin Operated Boy

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:17:07 PM

It doesn't matter how good the chips are if the company making it are scammers/incompetent. Ice just face the facts HashFast is a failure and needs to go away.

Yup. It's that fu*king simple :-)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:29:26 PM

Yup. It's that fu*king simple :-)

It's not that "simple" but we understand that it may appear so to your simple minds.

Business with valuable assets, promising technology, and multiple creditors do not just "go away."

HF is in Chapter 11, which means they have the chance to turn the company around as that is in the best interests of their creditors.

Your pouty attitude of 'they hurt my feelings and I want them to GO AWAY' is very immature and downright childish.

Claims that HF are "scammers" or "incompetent" have already been heard and rejected by the bankruptcy court.  Repeating that defamation won't make it true.  I'd love to see you stamp your feet and throw your tantrums in front of Judge Montali; it would be entertaining to watch the bailiff put you in handcuffs and throw you in jail for contempt.   Grin

The sooner you grow up and face these facts, the sooner your butthurt will get better.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:35:05 PM

It's not that "simple" but we understand that it may appear so to your simple minds.

Oh, but it is that simple. A year ago they had a decent plan, but they just couldn't finish it. Now it's just a power hungry, obsolete, uncompetitive product. The fact is that HF is finished. It's over. Accept it and move on.

Buy & Hold
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:41:23 PM

Using HF products will give you cancer and kill all puppies in a 100 mile radius and cause every kitten in the universe to die from ebola!

That's just your opinion.  You only represent yourself, not the rest of the market.

It's obvious that your personal feelings are causing you to exaggerate.  I could sell 700GH miners on ebay for $250 all day.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1190

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:51:24 PM

That's just your opinion.  You only represent yourself, not the rest of the market.

It's obvious that your personal feelings are causing you to exaggerate.  I could sell 700GH miners on ebay for $250 all day.

Unlike you, I'm an impartial potential customer. Sorry to break the truth to you, but Bitmain and Spondoolies have far superior products. You'd have to be stupid to pass them up and buy HF.

HashFast is offering the most bang/buck and you're going to regret mocking them instead of ordering on-sale Sierras.

LOL. The people who did buy those "on-sale Sierras" are the ones regretting it.

Buy & Hold
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:52:47 PM

I could sell 700GH miners on ebay for $250 all day.
Then you and cedavid need to bury the hatchet, shake hands and start this ebay store up.
You have my full support.   Sell about $15M worth of them and we will all be very happy.

Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 »
  Print  

Jump to: